Enough

Song Ji Hyo and Kim Jong Kook

They knew they loved each other. They could see it in each other's eyes, touch, words, their entire body language. But they wouldn’t agree to anyone who suggested it, they rather to be rumoured with other people then their true love. They were so afraid that a lot of bad things would happen to each other, they don’t care about themselves but what if .. their relationship hurt them and the others who needed them to make a living, the others who had supported them, they could not imagine the consequences.

 

It hurt so much to know they love each other but yet, trying to keep a distant. Subconsciously, they would stay as close as possible, but consciously, they tried to be as far away as possible. They often stole glance at each other, hoping the other party would turn their head and they could look each other into the eyes. Just for that second, that split second… that was what they hoped in each meeting… to be in their own world for that split second.

 

They took care of each other, like friends did, they were not asking for anything more .. just to make sure in the 65 days they were together, they could take care of each other. Making sure everyone ate well, especially him/her. Making sure everyone had a lot of water, especially him/her. Making sure everyone was safe, especially him/her. Making sure everyone didn’t get a cold, especially him/her. Making sure everyone had a dry towel, especially him/her. That was all they asked. It was not too much to ask, making sure him/her was healthy.

 

She looked at him, his relationship with everyone, with the guys, with Kwang Soo. She smiled bitterly, each time they got close, bitter letters flew into her mailbox and his. They were the unfaithful pair, shouldn’t they stick to be the brother and sister they always were. Yeah, that was her relationship to him, siblings. She could live with that, as long as he was well, she could be his anything, as long as he was not hurt in the process, she couldn’t bear him getting hurt, even if they were like this, it still better… at least they were something.

 

He looked at her, her relationship with everyone, with the casts, with Gary. He smiled bitterly, every time, they were a bit too close, hate mails arrived from all directions into his accounts and hers. They were the untrusted duo, betraying their friend. They should just be sibling they were. That was right, that was his relationship to her, a family member. He could live with that, as long as she was happy, he could be her anything, as long as she stayed happy in the process, he couldn’t stand a single tear dropped because of him, even if they stayed like this, it still better, at least they could they be together somewhat.

 

His heart was beating because she was happy.

 

Her heart was beating because he wasn’t hurt.

 

They would pretend the world was a happy place, they breathed so that the other person can live. That was all that need to keep alive. They hoped each other would forget about the other, so they can live better. Their world was gray with snippets of happiness, they would catch and treasure. Each snippet is something they had done together. They kept these snippets in secret places so deep that they could only find it in their dreams.

 

In their dreams, those happy dreams when the snippets were chain together, they were so happy. When they woke up, tears would fall uncontrollable, knowing these moments would only be in dreams.

 

Yet, asking them to bid each other farewell forever, they couldn’t do it. They couldn’t bear it, not hearing each other, not seeing each other, not glancing into each other eyes, not touching each other, no … that would be worse than death. They are not greedy, now was good enough. Maybe if running man would end, they would still find their way to be together, but now was good they at least get to meet 65 days together.

 

“Ji Hyo I love you.” Jong Kook’s heart would greet Ji Hyo, but the thought can only be jailed in a cage his heart was in.

 

“Jong Kook, I love you.” Ji Hyo’s heart would greet Jong Kook, but the thought cannot fly free of the strings that it was attached to, the strings that captured her heart.

 

The two persons were recording together again, their eyes met. That was enough.