Managers

Song Ji Hyo and Kim Jong Kook

Cheom Seong-Im, manager of Byul, is a terrible manager according to Byul, but she is a good friend so Byul kept her to be her manager. Actually, more like Byul takes care of herself more, Seong-Im just needs to help manage her schedule and helps her chase away unwanted people.

Kim Jong kook, manager of Haha, is a terrifying manager according to Haha, but he is such as good manager and friend that Haha has to be begged to keep him as his. Haha follows his manager order to the dot, he is more afraid that he would be nagged to death by Jong Kook.

Haha has always been in love with Byul, Jong Kook knows that and helps him track Byul whenever he can. He even makes friends with Seong-Im, so that he can instant news if he wanted. Seong-Im  never questions his intent whenever he fishes for news about Byul. He likes the innocent girl very much.

“Hyung, I am going to tell her I like her, today. I woke up and felt it the right time.” Haha calls Jong Kook and declares his intent suddenly. Jong Kook sighs, he couldn’t say he not expecting it. He has already helps Haha makes sure that his management company are ok. He had also influence the reporters not to report anything until Haha announces it.

“If you must, you can try. She is not in Seoul now, maybe you need to wait a few days before you see her. Wish you luck,” and he coolly drops the call. Haha is expecting some nagging from him and is pleasantly amazed at how easy Jong Kook agrees. He sends his messages to Byul and now he anxiously waiting for her reply.

After a few days, finally Byul agrees to be his girlfriend. He was in estasy, the first person he informs is Jong Kook. “Hyung, she agrees, I am the happiest person on earth.” He shouted into the headset.

Jong Kook holds the phone 20 cm away and can still hear Haha loud clear. “Congratulations, I am happy for you.” He warmly congratulates Haha, Haha has been like a younger brother to him. After ending the call with Haha, he immediately calls Seong-Im. They have much things to do.

“Seong-Im, this is Jong Kook oppa”

“Hello, Jong Kook oppa.”

“Did Byul tell you the good news?” he asks.

“About Haha oppa, yes she did. Is it wonderful! I am so happy for her.” She sounds truly happy.

“But we have much to do, we need to protect them as much as possible.” Jong Kook states.

“We do? Or yeah, we do, but what should we do?” she asks sheepishly.

“I already have it all plan out, let’s meet to discuss. By the way, you inform the management company already?” he reminds her.

“Oh, I forgot. I will do it immediately, but I had taken your advice the last time and gives the management company a heads  up, they had given the go ahead already. So now it will not be too bad. You are such a good manager, I have much more to learn from you.” Seong-Im is filled with admiration for Jong Kook. He has taught her a lot of things to protect Byul and she even writes it all down in her notebook.

“You are not bad yourself.’ Jong Kook blushes after hearing her admiration.

They meets in a café, he has helped her bought Americano while he sips his green tea. He patiently explains his plans to her and she diligently takes notes. He looks at the pretty girl in front of him, she was a star material too, but he knows she does not like to be in the limelight. She is actually a bright girl and adsorbs his plans immediately. She even suggests some ways to help it better, he is impressed that she notices some of the imperfection. After they are done with the plan, they spend the rest of time making small talks. Both of their artists don’t have schedule today and are busy dating.

Of course, Jong Kook has prepared their dating ground and rules. He has given a set to Seong-Im and asked Haha to pass a set to Byul, he wonders if Byul would mine. “Byul wouldn’t mine, I am sure, I think she would be even grateful for having a manager that thinks so much ahead, unlike her own.” Seong-Im has reassured him.

Both of them get closer, the more Haha and Byul date. Sometime, when Haha and Byul are dating, they will spend their time together relaxing, some time they will work together side by side. He will teach her some ways of trades and she will sit beside him listening to him. She even forgo her favourite activity, sleep, to spend time with him.

Byul is busy with her album promotion so Byul and Haha could not meet up, which means Seong-Im and Jong Kook do not meet too. They found themselves missing each other. Jong Kook has denied the feeling, he is always in control of his life and he does not plan falling in love now. Seong-Im on the other way does not know why she misses him so much, it is a feeling she is not used to and so she keeps her silent, even though she wants to call him always.

Byul finally ends her tour and backs to her normal schedule, Haha rushes to meet her the first minutes Jong Kook allows him too. He has requested for Byul free slot from Seong-Im and makes sure Haha had a similar one. He does not know that Seong-Im cries after seeing his message, she too has missed Jong Kook and seeing his message, brings all the yearning she had for him.

Jong Kook delivers Haha to Byul apartment, as usual, Seong-Im and Jong Kook would stay around for a while before excuses themselves. Seong-Im is usually quiet, she is afraid she will burst into tears again. Jong Kook wonders what is wrong with her. “Are you ill?” he extends his hand to touch her forehead. It was not uncommon for people to fall sick after a busy period. He feels her flick from his touch, and he feels a sharp needle in his heart at her sign of rejection. He removes his hand and move slight apart from her. She sees that he keeps a distant as if they are strangers and her tears starts to well up in her eyes, have they drew apart, she wonders.

“It’s late and you looks sick, let me send you home.” He says but his warmth only taunts her, she realises she does not want to be his friend, she wants something more, something she cannot put her hands on. To breath the same air with him is not good enough, it makes her feels sick. She hopes she will become better if they are apart, but even thinking of It makes her sad, she wants to see him more, to hear him more. She is contracting herself, she does not even know what she wants now. She feels so helpless.

“No oppa, I can go home by myself.” She replied. She can not trust her herself, she wants to get rid of him so she can cry her hearts out.

Jong Kook is concerned, she is not the happy girl he knows, her eyes are filled with sadness and he even sees tears. His heart goes out to her, he wants her to be happy. “No, I cannot let you do that, tell me what is wrong?” he asked her gently and softly.

But that is too much for her, she feels his gentleness but he is standing so far away, as if he was a by stander asking her if she is ok. But he cannot just be a bystander, she needs his comfort as a … as a …. as a boyfriend! Her head clears and she knows where she wants him but …. Her tears know slides down her eyes uncontrollable, the distance between them jeers her, telling her she is wishful thinking.

The tears melt his heart, he pulls her towards him and embrace her. He wants her to be happy and not the tearing girl she is now.

His hug does not help her to cool down, she finds she likes to be hugged by him, to feel she is under his protection but not as a brother protecting a sister.

“Please tell me what is wrong! Cheon Seong-Im” he demanded.

That was the last straw for her “You, you are the thing that is wrong! How can you make me love you then only treats me a kid sister! I don’t need the concern you show me, I need more, I need more  …. And .. and … “ she finally breakdown, sobbing uncontrollably, she couldn’t leave him, she couldn’t stay with him. She didn’t know where she can be. The sense of hopelessness fills her.

He hears her accusation but he does not agree with her. He does not treat her like a kid sister, he does not treat her like a colleague, he does not treat her like a peer, he does not treat her like a friend. He does not know what he treats her to be, maybe, unknowingly to him, he treats her as a girlfriend. He acknowledges he shows her more concern, although he does not want to admit it. Hearing her confession, makes him realised he is hurting her.

“Seong-Im, I don’t treat you like a kid sister, I never did. I try not to give you the wrong impression because I am not ready, i don’t have a plan to have a girlfriend now, but now I know even if my head denies it, my heart doesn’t. I love you, Seong-Im, I want to give you whatever you need.” Jong Kook whispered into her years.

She stop sobbing, she looks up at him, is it true or he was just trying to make her stop. He saw her doubt and he bends down and kiss her lips, and deepens when she responses. “I love you, I just trying to stop myself from loving you, I does not know you feel the same way, please forgive me” Jong Kook reassurance her again.

“Please don’t say that, that is nothing to forgive, I love you, I love you so much.” She stared at the mole on his neck, she finds it incredibly y, her hands go up his neck and starts to kiss him back, she starts with his mouth and then moves to his mole. “I love you”