Smile

I.C.Y (It Comes to You)

 

Today he was on his way to the river. Usually, he only came to that place once in two or three days. But today he want to see her. A girl who was so noisy, a weird girl who said that his eyes were beautiful. She didn't appear at school since yesterday, the day when he saw her tears. And today he knew that her mother passed away that day.

He was arrived at the river only to found an empty space. There was no one. She was not there.

"Hhh..." he sighed. "Where are you noisy girl?"

Donghyun stayed for a moment in that place. He remembered a day when she was too noisy about his eyes. She was the only one who said that she like his eyes, even his father hated it. Since he was a child, many kids around him said that he was a witch because of his white hair and blue eyes.

'Don't look at his eyes! They will froze you!'

'He is not human! He killed his mother with those eyes!'

Those were some comments he received when he was a child. Since that time, he didn't want to get closer to anyone and didn't let anyone getting closer to him. Being hated by people around him even by his own father was enough to be a reason why he wanted to be alone. But that girl...

"If you're honest about yourself, you'll never feel lonely since you won't be alone."

His ice-wall was started to melt by those words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day...

His eyes captured a girl sitting down while hugging her own legs, hiding her face, when he arrived at the river. She didn't know that he was standing close to her.

"So silent here." He said, hoping she would recognize his presence.

She raised her head up to see the person but forgot to wipe her tears. She was crying all the time there.

"What are you doing here?" She asked after realising that he was Donghyun, and wiped her tears away.

"Ya! I always come here even before my day become so noisy because of you." He sat down to be the same level as her.

"Sorry for being too noisy. I promise I'll try to reduce it." She said softly almost unheard.

"I think you need much more energy to reduce that habit. So be strong!"

In Nana's opinion, that was not a word to encourage her reducing her habit.

"Thank you." She smiled, wide enough to showed her dimples.

"Just back to school soon or you'll be left behind too far. We'll have the study tour next week."

"I will." She nodded. "Just be ready to be annoyed by me."

Donghyun didn't say anything but smile instead. That made Nana froze in awe.

"Why do you hide it too?"

"What?"

"Your smile. It's as wonderful as your eyes."

Now was Donghyun's turn to be frozen because of her compliment.

"Stop giving me scary looks!" He turned his face away from her. He just didn't want her found his blushed face.

'Am I blushing right now? Aish, you really are insane, Kim Donghyun!'