The Soldiers

I.C.Y (It Comes to You)

 

Nana and Donghyun continued their way to the Card Soldier. They were perforce to leave Mr. Dong with the twin because for some unknown reason he didn't transform back to his human-like form.

"I think I'll miss you. Hope we meet again soon." She hugged the rabbit before left him.

"Will you do the same thing if we couldn't see each other anymore?" Donghyun asked when they were already far from the twins' house.

"No."

"Why?"

"Because we won't be apart. I'll kill you if you leave me alone, especially in this kind of place." She said still looking on her way.

Nana didn't know how much precious those words for Donghyun.

"Wait!" She stopped him by blocking his body with her arm. "Don't you hear some noise?"

Donghyun tried to be focus and sharpen his hearing. He noticed something or someone was coming.

"We find them!" Someone shouted and suddenly some other men came and surrounded them.

"Who are them?" Nana whispered to Donghyun who already stood in front of her, hiding her in his back.

"I don't know exactly but I think they are his soldiers."

"The Master....oh no! What should we do?"

"Can't you put some kind of wind outside your hands to push them away?"

Nana was just grinned hearing that.
"Not bad for a joke in this situation."

"Give us the girl!" The one who looked like the leader said.

"No!" Donghyun clearly said.

"Then we have no other choice."

The leader swung a stick in his hand and nothing was coming out but Donghyun was swayed away and fell to the rough ground.

"Donghyun~a!" Nana ran to him. "Don't hurt him, please. You can take me but let..."

"No way!" Donghyun cut her words. "I won't let you go with them!"

Donghyun stood up again and covered her in his back.

"I won't let her go!"

"What a tough guy! We'll see who will give up first." Once again he swung his hand and made Donghyun swayed away from Nana. Donghyun tried to stand up but the man was ready to attack him. Quickly, Nana ran in front of him at the same time the man threw his magic. But nothing happen. The magic disappeared.

Then Nana remembered Minwoo said Alice couldn't be hurt by them. She was really grateful that she was Alice at that time.

"Get her!" The man ordered the other.

The moment they came closer, Nana felt someone or something was covering her and Donghyun. It was felt like something pulled them from the surrounded and the time Nana opened her eyes they were in another place. No more men surrounding them. Only one guy standing in front of them. He wore even weirder outfit than other people Nana had seen this far. He wore a fury high hat and there were some shiny little things in his eyebrow. He kept looking at them until he broke the silence,

"Alice?"

Nana was so surprised by the way he called her.

"Do you know me?"

"Of course I do. We're..." he couldn't continue his sentence because of Donghyun's cough.

"Oh no!" Nana saw red liquid came from his mouth.

Blood

"Donghyun~a...are you okay? Donghyun~a..." she was about to cry.

Donghyun didn't say anything and kept coughing.

"Can you help him, please? I know you're not a bad guy. Please help him..." she couldn't hold her tears anymore.

Then the guy helped her and bring them to his house. He made a drink and feed it to Donghyun who was lying down on a bed.

"What was that?"

"You don't believe me?"

"It's not what I mean, I just...curious."

"You don't change, Alice. Always full of curiosity." He smiled.

"He will be okay, won't he?" Nana looked at Donghyun who was sleeping soundlessly now. "It's my fault. I should remember it sooner."

"Don't worry. He will be okay after having some rest. Fortunately he has good defense. I don't know where it comes from but the magic didn't affect him that much."

"He coughed blood and you say it didn't affect him that much? What a scary joke!"

"The other could be died."

Nana gasped as she heard that word.
"Please don't say any scary things like that anymore."