First Meeting

I.C.Y (It Comes to You)

 

...There he is again...

...Standing alone...

... With his outstanding white hair ...

Too many questions came through her mind because of that boy. This was the third time she saw him standing in the bank of this river. Nana just moved to this town about two weeks ago. Her new house was close to this river so she always came here every evening. About a week ago she started to see that boy. The boy who always standing alone, looking somewhere far away, and he would do that for fifeteen minutes then leave. That's why she kept coming to the river to see the boy. Today she had made a decision to start a conversation with him to threw away all her curiosity about him.

"Hi!" She greeted him from about one or two metre distance.

No reply came from him.

"Do you live around here? My family just moved two weeks ago."

Again, no words came out from him.

"I'm Jung Nana. Can we be friends? You know, it's kind of hard finding new friends in new environment."

Still without saying any words he started to walked away.

"Wait!" Nana grabbed his wrist caused him stop and gave her an unidentified gaze. But that's not what made Nana's eyes widened.

"Noisy!" After saying one word he went away, leaving Nana alone.

"What a beautiful eyes." She mumbled.

His eyes were the thing Nana kept imagining every day.

"Are you ready for your first day at school?"

Knowing her daughter was thinking something else, Nana's mother pinched her cheek.

"Aww! Eomma! It's hurt." She said while rubbing her cheek.

"What are you thinking about until you couldn't hear my words? Already find handsome boy here?"

"Eomma!" She pouted because of her mother's tease then continued her breakfast.

"Eomma, do one of our neighbours have a son with white hair?"

Her mother gave her strange look."Why? Is he handsome?"

"Yes, he is. Satisfied?"

Her mother chuckled of her response. "As far as I know, there is no one like that around here."

"Ah, I see."

"Maybe he is one of your friends at school. Just find out!"

"Today is gonna be a good day. Nothing's bad will happen. A new day, a new start. Fighting, Nana~ya!" She talked to herself in the school gate. That was like a ritual for her everyday. Making a good wish and positive thinking.

"Kyaaaa!" A bunch of girls were running across her while screaming like crazy.

"What's wrong with them?"
She kept walking to find the teacher's room.

"Jung Nana?" A man whom she knew later as her homeroom teacher greeted her. "I hope you like this school."

"I hope too."

"She is Park Hyemi, your class leader. If you need anything just asked her or me. Hyemi~a, please introduce her to class because I have a meeting with the headmaster after this."

"Yes, Sir."

The two girls walked together to their class while introducing theirselves to  each other.

"Oppaaaa!"

Nana saw those girls again.

"What are they doing? Is there something special so they scream crazily like that?"

"Ah, it must be the Ice Prince."

"Ice...Prince? Is it human?"

Hyemi was laughing at her question. " Of course he is."

"How is he? What thing did he do that could make all those girls after him?"

"Nothing at all. Because he doesn't do anything, they like him."

"What do you mean?"

"Wow, wow, seems like you already receive the ice magic."

"Ice magic?"

"When a girl starts to grow any interest in him, we call it like that."

"I'm just curious. I didn't say I have interest in him."

"Maybe when you see him you will."

"Guys, this is Jung Nana. From today she will be one of this class. Please help her, understand?" Hyemi was talking like a leader. Seemed like she was respected by all students in this class. "You can sit there." She pointed an empty seat in the back line.

"Which one?" Nana asked because she saw two empty seats.

"Not the one near the window, the other one."

"I see. Thank you." Nana was going to move to her seat but stopped because someone was entering the class.

That was him. The boy she met yesterday. The boy with white hair and...

"Black eyes?" Nana mumbled something to herself. Fortunately Hyemi didn't hear that.

"Ya! Kim Donghyun! Didn't I say not to be late again?" Hyemi shouted at him.
Without saying anything, he sat down on his seat and started to look outside the window.

Today, Nana couldn't stop wondering about that boy. As what she remember, he has blue eyes. Icy-blue eyes. A color that so contrast to his hair and skin. But that's what made her think those were wonderful eyes. But the boy with the same face and hair that sitting beside her seat was having black eyes.
Time flew really fast as if didn't let anyone do something.

"Wanna go home together? We are on the same direction."
Nana nodded for Hyemi's offer.

"Hyemi~a, can I ask you something?"

"Go on."

"About a student in our class, the one with white hair..."

"See, you already get the ice magic." Hyemi interrupted.

"Eh? What do you mean?"

"He is the ice prince we talked before. Kim. Dong. Hyun."

"Does he have black eyes?"

Hyemi showed her confuse expression. "Of course he is. What's wrong with your question?"

"I mean, does he always have black eyes or different color before?"

Hyemi became more confuse of her question. "I don't know what you exactly mean but as far as I know, from the first day he enter this school, he is the same as we see today."

"So, he didn't enter this school from the first grade?"

"Well, he moved here about half a year ago."

Nana didn't shout any questions anymore but kept thinking in her own world until she reached her room.
"Kim Donghyun..."