007

My Cute Gangster!

What is this feeling? It's not pleasant, it feels like something is empty. Something is ripped away from me. What is this?

Those thoughts lingers in Kai's head longer than he ever wanted. He can't help but to feel gloomy even though Taemin tried so hard to cheer him up. 

By cheering him up, it literally means kissing and Taemin doesn't mind if they have a little audience. 

But one particular audience made Kai feel like he's dying when the doe eyed boy walk away slowly from the crowd with glassy eyes. 

I'm such an . 

Kai's blank face doesn't seem to make Taemin feels happy, so he pouts and link his arms with Kai's. 

"Hey, what're you thinking seriously in that cute head of yours?" 

Kai stares at his ex lover and chuckles, "why did you come back? Why did you kiss me? What's your motive this time?" 

Taemin laughs awkwardly before he bat his eyelashes at Kai, deeming to be y. "What are you talking about Kai? I miss you that's why I came back, you silly idiot. If you're asking why I kissed you, I think you should find out more at home." Taemin wink at continue dragging Kai to which the latter follow with heavy footsteps. 

 

"You ing stupid !" 

To say that Kai was shock would be an understatement. He didn't expect to be cursed at first thing when he pick up the phone. 

"Um, are you okay?" 

"The am I okay you idiot?! What the hell did you just do?!" Sehun shouted from the other line. 

"Well, I just took a shower after I ate din-" 

"That's not what I'm asking !" 

"Literally yes, that's what you asked." 

He heard a sigh, "I just can't with you man. I know you play around a lot, but this is too much really. You just crossed the line." 

Kai frowned and huffed, "Listen here, Oh Sehun. I don't exactly like answering the phone but getting swear at because of something I don't have a single clue for. Mind explaining?" 

Sehun laughs sarcastically, sneering at him. "Why don't you find out for yourself?"  

And the line cuts off. 

"Maybe it's the 'Hate Jongin Day' today." 

 

•~•

Kyungsoo wake up from his slumber with swollen eyes and a trail of dry tears on his cheeks. He feels so heavy and so reluctant to get up from his comforting bed. Just as he was dragging himself up towards the bathroom, his bedroom door open harshly, making a loud bang knocking all of his books on his study desk. He flinched before looking at the culprit.

He rolled his eyes when he sees Baekhyun's face. 

"Do you have to make a dramatic appearance everytime you come? Last time you were here, you broke my mom's vase." 

Baekhyun wave his hand while walking inside of Kyungsoo's room. "Oh come on, we all know she bought it from the market downtown." 

"It's an antique vase Baekhyun. She bought it from China." Kyungsoo deadpans. 

"It's because of that I remembered you working as the costume for the rash cream to pay for it." 

"You promise me you wouldn't talk about that anymore!" 

"Talk about what? Your costume era?" 

"Kyungsoo!!" 

Kyungsoo flinched when Baekhyun screeched and cover his ears. "Okay okay, I'm sorry." 

Baekhyun huffed with his pink face, "You better be." 

"Why are you here so early in the morning anyway?" Kyungsoo enters his bathroom and grimace when he sees his reflection on the mirror. 

"Well, I thought you will skip school so here I am dragging your pathetic awake." 

Kyungsoo frowns, "Why on earth would I skip school Baekkie?"

Baekhyun shrugs, "Oh I don't know, maybe because of a certain blonde bastard perhaps?"

Kyungsoo smile sadly and shakes his head, "I may be sad Baekkie, but I can't just keep avoiding him right?"

Baekhyun can't help but to hug the little ball of sad fluff tightly, even though it's Kyungsoo that got hurt, but Baekhyun's heart broke also.  

"Oh dear Kyungie, I'm so sorry." Kyungsoo chuckles softly and look at Baekhyun with glassy eyes. "It's not your fault, why are you apologising Baekkie?" 

Baekhyun wipe the stray tear that fall of Kyungsoo's eyes, "I'm sorry that this happened, I didn't want you to experience your first love like this. I should've known how Kai is from the start." 

Kyungsoo shakes his head, "No, this is not love. I don't love him. It's just a stupid, one-sided crush." 

Baekhyun sighs and rub Kyungsoo's back comfortingly, "Oh Kyungie." 

 

 

•~•

 

"Soo, can I talk to you? Just give me five minutes. Please." 

Kyungsoo knows that he said he can't keep avoiding Jongin forever but his walls are starting to crumble down just by hearing the said man's voice. 

"What is there to talk about Kai? I believe there's nothing to talk about." Kyungsoo winces when his voice crack at the end. 

"No, please. I need to explain. Just five minutes Soo, please. I'm begging you." Kyungsoo glance at Kai briefly and immediately regretted it. 

Kai is looking at him with desperation and glassy eyes. Kyungsoo can't help but to give in, 

You're so weak Kyungsoo. So so weak. 

 

"So you're saying that your ex lover suddenly message you out of nowhere and transfer to our school?" Kai nod weakly. 

Kyungsoo gulped and steady his heart before asking one question he's been dying to know the answer. 

"Then why did you kissed him?" 

Kai froze and keep quiet to which Kyungsoo's heart cracks a little bit more. He turn away and bite his lips. 

"I don't know." Kai answered quietly. 

Kyungsoo turn his head and stare at Kai deeply, "Pardon?" 

"I don't know." Kai look so confused and guilty that Kyungsoo just want to hug him and say that everything will be fine, but he can't because he couldn't even comfort himself.

"You don't know? Are you being serious Kai?" Kyungsoo's eyes started to get teary and Kai looks away. Unable to look directly at Kyungsoo or he feel like he will cry too. 

"Look at me Kai, I want to ask you a question." Kai slowly bring his gaze towards Kyungsoo and his heart broke when he sees Kyungsoo's tears. 

"What am I to you?" Kai froze. He didn't expect Kyungsoo to ask that type of question. 

What is Kyungsoo to me?

Kyungsoo wait patiently and his tiny spark of hope had started to diminished when Kai didn't even let out a sound after a minute had passed. He got up and quickly run away from Kai. 

At the moment, he didn't care if any student see his ugly crying face. He just wanted to go home. He figured that he suffered enough already.  

When he walk inside the cafeteria to get to the main door, a particular voice called for him. He didn't want to stop but he's still the role model so he stop and turned around, facing his nightmare. 

Lee Taemin was the one calling him. 

"Hey you, Do Kyungsoo." Taemin stride confidently towards him making Kyungsoo feel small in his presence. 

"Just so you know, I heard all of your conversation with my boyfriend."  Kyungsoo's heart started to beat loudly. 

"Your b-boyfriend?" 

Please don't say his name, please. 

"Yeah, Kim Jongin." 

Seeing that Kyungsoo didn't reply, Taemin continue to talk, "I was the one who told him to comfort you cause you look so damn sad yesterday." Kyungsoo's lips quivered and he try his best not to cry. At least not in front of Taemin.

"And also, for your stupid question. I'll answer for behave of Nini." Kyungsoo grimaced hearing the endearment Taemin call Kai. 

It hurts. 

It hurts so much.

"You're just a toy, something to waste his time while he was waiting for me to come back. You're just temporary, to be used and thrown away when you're not needed anymore." Taemin said in a loud voice. 

By now, everyone's attention is on the both of them. Kyungsoo feels like he wants to die. The embarassment, the hurt he's feeling is too overwhelming. He's dizzy, he feel like he want to scream and cry at the same time. 

"You got the nerve to say that," A cold, booming voice pierce everyone's ears. 

Taemin glare at the one who said that until his eyes bulge, "J-jongin?" 

Kyungsoo looks down, unable to look at Kai with his tears flowing smoothly, staining his cheeks. 

"You er, take back what you said or I'll kill you." Jongin walk slowly until he's in front of Taemin and stare at him furiously.

"B-baby, what's gotten into you? Why'd you say something like that to me?" Taemin chuckles nervously and darted his eyes away from Kai's piercing gaze. 

"Baby my . Call me that again and I'll punch you square in the face." Taemin gape in disbelief, all his life never had Jongin threat him like this. 

Kai glare at Taemin before looking softly and the smaller crying man. His eyes soften and he reach out his hands to embrace the smaller but frowns when Kyungsoo flinched and back away. 

 

 

•~•

Kyungsoo didn't mean to back away from Kai's touch, that'll be the last thing he will do but for now, he's afraid. He's afraid that if he lean in, he'll be lost forever. 

It's silence for a minute and Kyungsoo believed that Kai is gone until he heard that familiar voice shouting. He look up and found Kai standing in the middle of the cafeteria on a table. 

"Do Kyungsoo to me is the most adorable boy I've ever met in my whole life. I love his adoring eyes, his full lips and his beautiful heart shaped smile. It broke my heart to see him crying. It's true that I kissed my Taemin and I regretted it so much. I don't even know why I did it. I shouldn't have done it. The only one person I wanted to kiss since the beginning I saw him is Do Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo is special. He is special in my life and in my heart." Kai said the last part softly.

Kyungsoo's face flushed a deep shade of red. His heart beat loudly and he can't close his mouth no matter how hard he tried. 

"I'm sorry that I broke your heart Soo. I'm a stupid, selfish man. I'm an too. Please forgive me." Kai hopped down the table and stride towards Kyungsoo and kneel down. 

"Please forgive me, ?" Even if there's a chance that his heart will break again, but seeing the sincerity in Kai's eyes makes Kyungsoo nods his head, unable to form any words.  He will take a risk, he likes Kai and he will take the risk of being hurt, he concluded.

"Will you please give me your heart? I promise I will take care of it. Cause you already own mine." 

Kyungsoo bursts into tears and nods his head again and Kai smiles gently. 

He cups Kyungsoo's face and gently and slowly moulded his lips with Kyungsoo's. 

They kiss slowly, reciprocating each other's feeling, the feeling of longing and wanting without caring if the whole school is watching them. 

A pair of eyes watch from afar, he smiles sadly and walk away from the sweet scene. 

 

 

"At least he's happy." 

 

 

A/N:

Hi guys, sorry for not updating in a long time. My mom sent me to boarding school so yeah. A lot of things has been going on in my life now, my grandparents got sick and was sent to the hospital, I was pretty depressed cause I can't see them at the time being. I hope that you will be patience with me. I don't know if this story is progressing too fast but that's how I picture it to be. 

Just comment anything and I'll try to improve my mistakes. 

Don't forget to subscribe and upvote. 

See you next time. Enjoy the story.