005

My Cute Gangster!

He lands his body on his bed, making a soft bounce and smile goofily. His body is aching and is dying to rest because today was so tiring but his mind can't help but to rewind all the sweet memories of today's event. 

Kai was a total sweetheart, treating him gently and he's so caring. It's almost seems like they're a couple but sadly, they're not. Kyungsoo smile sadly, "What am I thinking? It's impossible for someone like him to take interest in someone as plain as me." 

He get up from his bed and walks towards his bathroom, feeling like there's a metal chain attached to his leg. 

Kyungsoo had just finished his bath when his phone rings. He frowns and look at the clock, it's already late and he doubts it's Baekhyun.  

"Maybe it's something important." He rushes to his phone and look at the caller id. "Unknown." 

"Hello?"  

"Hey love." A velvety, deep voice that can make Kyungsoo's knees trembles answered his hello. 

Somehow, this voice sounds familiar. 

"Um, may I ask who is this?"  The voice on the other line chuckles, making Kyungsoo's heart beats faster than it already is. 

"You don't recognise me? I'm your hot chocolate saviour." Kyungsoo's eyes widens and he gapes at his phone. 

"K-Kai?" 

"The one and only." 

Kyungsoo frown deepens and he continues to stare at his phone. "But how did you get my number?"  

Kai chuckles deeply, "Well love, I have my way." 

Kyungsoo blushes at the endearment and shakes his head, " S-so um.. Is there something you w-want to tell me?" 

"Um, no. Why, are you busy right now?"  Kyungaoo frantically shakes his head before realising that Kai can't see him. 

"No! I mean, um.. no. I'm not.. busy."  

Well that came out well. Good job Kyungsoo. 

"Great, I just want to hear your voice before I fall asleep." With that, Kyungsoo's heart melt to the ground.  

"R-really? But why though?" 

"It's embarrassing actually but I feel like all my problems wash away when I hear your voice."  

Kyungsoo feels that maybe he can still hang on to that tiny little bit of hope that enters his heart. 

•~•

Kyungsoo wakes up early the next day, something in his mind motivated him to. He googles for how to make chocolate cake for dummies cause let's be honest here, when did he ever bake? 

"I can do this. How hard could this be?" 

Two hours later, a weird-looking, brown thingy with over the top decorations stood proud and tall in front of Kyungsoo. "Well, I try my best. At least it tastes decent.... I hope." 

He wraps the cake in a cute blue box and get ready for school. 

 

Of course, he knows it's impossible for Baekhyun not to noticed the medium sized box he's carrying. 

"What's that Soo?" Baekhyun asks curiously while eyeing the blue box. 

"Chocolate cake." 

Baekhyun's eyes twinkled and he smiles widely, "Is it for me? What's the occasion though? My birthd-" 

"No, it's not for you Baekkie." 

 Baekhyun's smile drop and Kyungsoo can't help but to think that he looks like a kicked puppy. 

"But you never make me a cake before." Kyungsoo smiles guilty, because Baekhyun is somehow right. He always bought Baekhyun's birthday cakes as he never had the confident to make one. 

"I'm sorry Baekkie, I promise I will bake you a cake for your next birthday okay?" In nanosecond, Baekhyun smiles brightly and hugs Kyungsoo tightly. 

"I will remember your promise! But who is this for?" 

Kyungsoo blushes and look at his feet. "It's um, for K-Kai." 

"Kai? It's his birthday today?" Baekhyun frowns weirdly. 

"N-no! This is just my token of gratitude for yesterday e-event." 

Baekhyun smiles softly and ruffles Kyungsoo's hair, "You are a little angel Soo." 

Kyungsoo smiles and shakes his head softly, "I'm not." 

 

•~•

Kai's head throbs painfully and he groaned. His headache started this morning, when he reads the message he receive. 

What is he doing here?

Will he do it again? 

Why is he here? 

The more he think about it, his head feels like it will explode. So he musters all of his strength , and walks to school. 

Halfway to his class, a voice that makes his knees trembles call out his name. 

"Jongin!" 

Only one person besides Sehun who is brave enough to call him by his real name. 

Lee Taemin.

He turns around slowly, meeting face to face with the one he used to love. Kai observed his ex lover, 

Beautiful as ever. 

"Hi Jongin! It's been a long time. How have you been? Did you get my text early this morning?" 

"I've been good. Yeah, I got it." His mouth feels heavy to answer or even let out a sound. 

He isn't supposed to feel like this. His heart isn't supposed to beat like this. 

Kyungsoo.

Kai remembers the heart shaped smile, pair of doe eyed owlish eyes and he shakes his head. 

What's gotten into me? 

"Jongin?"

He was snapped out of his train of thoughts when a pair of soft lips lands on his own. Like a devil whisper, he closed his eyes. 

 

•~•

 

"Where is he? I've been searching everywhere." Kyungsoo whines childishly and pouts. He's been searching for Kai ever since his feet touch the school ground. 

He continues his search and occasionally ask some students if they had seen Kai but their answers made his mood go down even lower. 

Just when he wanted to give up and just put the cake inside of Kai's locker, he sees a familiar pink hair colour. His eyes light up in  recognition, "Ka-" .

His voice died in his throat when he witness the scene in front of his eyes. It's kind of heartbreaking to see someone you like kissing other people. 

In the end, the blue box goes into the garbage bin. Kyungsoo stares at the once clean box with glassy eyes. His mother taught him to be a good boy and never waste his food and he remembers Baekhyun telling him that he's an angel. 

If he's an angel, he wouldn't feel like punching Kai all over his face and screams in frustration.  

"This is just sad." 

 

 

A/N: 

Hi guys! Sorry that I didn't update this story in a long time. I've been having problems and can't seem to find the right time to write the story plot. I'm sorry again, I'll try my best. This chapter is a bit short and sorry for the moody atmosphere. 

Please subscribe, upvote and comment. Your opinions are very needed. Thank you. 

Till we meet again~