001

My Cute Gangster!

The weather is scorching hot, but it does makes sense since it's summer. Citizens usually rather laze around in their modern homestead, sheltered from the sun blazing hot rays.

On the other hand, there's a boy panting his life out, carrying heavy bags of groceries, drenched in his sweats until his once gray shirt turns into a shade of black. 

"You can put the groceries bags on my porch, I'll call my son to take it from there." The old lady smiled thankfully towards the breathless young lad.

"Hey old lady, make sure your son accompany you to the market if you wish to go again. I won't be there to help you next time." 

"It's okay dear, he's busy with his wor-" The door was open harshly from the inside resulting a loud 'BAM!', making the old lady flinched. 

"Omma! Where've you been? I'm so hungry so go and make lunch for me." A man, probably in his early twenties, said crudely to his mother. 

The young lad in the once gray shirt turn around to face the older man. He glower towards the man infront of him. 

"What's your occupation?" He ask, voice turning icily. The older frown in confusion before answering in an arrogant voice. 

"I'm a finance manager." The younger nod and click his tongue. 

"I wonder you'd managed to get the job." He snorted before continuing to glare at the now, fuming older man.  

"What did you say punk?!" The old lady can only sigh sadly before speaking softly, asking her son to calm down. 

Despite the older intimidating glare, the younger continued to look indifferent, and look straight into the older's pair of eyes with his extremely dark brown ones. He shrugged and continue his statement.

"Well yeah, I mean.. you're stupid to let your mother went to the market alone, to carry the damn heavy bags full of groceries just to feed you."

The older then exhale harshly and keep on glaring at the younger with more anger in his eyes.  

"I'm busy you punk, what do you kno-" 

"You could at least accompany her. It doesn't take to long isn't it. What's so wrong about spending some time with your mother? She almost fell to the ground when I saw her."

  The younger then bow to the old lady and smile warmly before heading out of the house.

He sighed when he looked around. In his perspective, people should respect and help each other. But in this era, selfishness are what controlled people's minds. He shake his head and walk away from the spot he's been standing for ten minutes. 

"People nowadays."

                                       •~• 

 

"Kyungsoo oppa!! Please look over here!" Girls scream at him and surround him, forming a circle, almost like a barrier making the said male dizzy. Forcing a smile, he looks around for any of his saviours. 

"Oh gosh, he smiled at me!! He's so cute!" A girl squealed and almost at the same time, all the girls glared at her. 

Oh god, not again.

"What're you saying? He's smiling at me you dream ." 

"Girl, are you blind? He's smiling at me!"

"What? Hell no, he's smiling at m-" 

"Yeah yeah, girls please move aside. Give the poor guy some space please." A boy suddenly marched forward and pushed all the girls aside.

"Baek oppa!! Oh my god!! Is Chanyeol here too?!" All the girls squealed even louder at the said boy appearence and whipped their heads around to search for a particular tall guy.

"Help me Baek!" The narrow shoulder, wide-eyed boy whisper to his friend hopelessly.

"No problem buddy, wait a second." The feminine boy winked mischievously at his friend. He then inhale a large sum of breath before yelling at the top of his lungs, "OH MY GOD, IS THAT KIM KAI?!" 

All the girls face pale in a matter of second and their smile faded before turning into a thin line.  They retreat quickly and quietly. The once crowded hallway turns into a deserted one. Baekhyun even swears that if someone farted, it'll sound like a freaking boombox.

"Hey Baek, I don't think it's right to use his name like that." Baekhyun just look at his friend and smile sadly.

 "I think that's the only way to get your hoard of stupid fangirls to disperse. It's not like he'll ever know anyway. Besides Kyungsoo-ah, you're too famous for your own sake." Kyungsoo just replied with a bitter chuckle.

 It's not like he wants to be famous. If he could ask for one thing he want, he'll wished that his popularity will vanish so that he'll become a normal student. Not the student that everyone stares at every few seconds. He doesn't even know why he's that popular anyway. 

He's a freaking nerd.

"It's not like I want to this popularity in the first place Baek." He mentioned sadly. Baekhyun noticed his tone, and immediately rub a comforting pat on his friend's back. Kyungsoo smiled warmly in return. 

Baekhyun sometimes think that being popular is kinda cool, but most of the time, he pitied Kyungsoo for becoming too popular. All the girls at their school would always surround Kyungsoo, making the innocent and helpless boy become dizzy and he ended up being his saviour. Boys will sometime, or rather most of the time will touch his Kyungsoo in an unappropriate way. Baekhyun will always keep Kyungsoo close to his side and growl at whoever that's brave enough to even glance at Kyungsoo with Baekhyun by his side. 

Because really, who can resist the lovable, squishy and adorable Kyungsoo? Baekhyun admits, Kyungsoo is quite the looker, not like he's saying that he, himself isn't handsome but meh ~ His friend is indeed attractive.

Kyungsoo is also nice. So nice, but sometimes too nice. He never swears, he never gets angry, and he never speak up when he's being mistreated. Baekhyun worries, what's going to happen to Kyungsoo if he's not there to help him? 

"Baekkie?" A soft and somewhat mellow voice brings him out of his thoughts. "What Kyungsoo?"

"You didn't heard anything that I've said do you?" A whine with an additional pout was served to Baekhyun's view. And might I tell you, he could almost die.

 A pouting Kyungsoo is a dangerous Kyungsoo. 

"I'm sorry Kyungie, I'm busy thinking of something." He smiled at his friend cuteness. 

Is he even seventeen? 

"What is it? Sharing is caring you know." Kyungsoo ask curiously. His wide owl-like eyes glance up to meet Baekhyun's. The latter just sigh and shrugged his shoulders.

"Well, I'm just worry about what'll happen to you if I'm not there when you need me." 

"I-I'm sorry Baekkie, I didn't m-mean to trouble you." Baekhyun look at Kyungsoo, who is biting his lower lip while looking at the floor. 

A Kyungsoo who is biting his lip, is a deadly Kyungsoo. 

"That's not what I mean Kyungie. You know that's not true. You're not troubling me at all."  Kyungsoo glance up with his already teary eyes and hugs Baekhyun tightly. 

"Thanks Baek, you're my bestest friend ever. I love you so much." Baekhyun smiles warmly and patted Kyungsoo's head. 

"I love you too Kyungie." 

                                        •~•

 

"Baekkie, can you buy me this?"

"Kyungsoo, no. You already have one of that."

"But that's a kitten, this one is an owl." 

"Why do you even want that Kyungsoo? You don't need an owl plushie, you look like an owl yourself. Just look into the mirror." 

"But it's cute."

They are currently inside a toy shop. They were walking like usual to hang out together when Kyungsoo suddenly drag Baekhyun into a shop full of dolls and everything that's soft, furry and cute. Baekhyun just sighed and personally apologize at his wallet for emptying it's content again. Not like he mind it though.

It's for Kyungsoo anyway.

"Baekkie, look! It's so soft and furry!" Kyungsoo exclaimed excitedly, his eyes widening and his smile brightening every second. Baekhyun just smiles and shook his head. 

Kyungsoo is a maniac when it comes to cute things. He's obsess with them, Baekhyun might said. He will do anything to get the thing that caught his attention. There's this one time, Kyungsoo stayed in a toy shop for over an hour because he simply couldn't leave all the furry little dolls. In conclusion, Baekhyun have to spend a bit of his money and bought Kyungsoo a cute doll. 

"Kyungsoo, come on. It's been thirty minutes. Just pick one and we'll go pay for it." Baekhyun said urgently. He actually feels like he want to take a piss but he couldn't just leave Kyungsoo here, could he? 

"Wait Baekkie, I can't decide between this two. Which one do you think is more cuter?" Kyungsoo says holding a tiger plushie in one hand and an owl plushie in the other. 

Baekhyun groan and close his eyes. "I don't care Kyungsoo, they both look cute. Can't you just pick one? I really want to pee right now." Baekhyun is now squeezing his off to lessened the feeling to pee. 

It actually works. 

"Oh, really? Then go to the toilet Baekkie. It's over there." Kyungsoo said pointing to the direction of the toilet with his mouth.

Baekhyun glance at the direction and sees the toilet door. Maybe he's just crazy, but he definitely see sparkles round the toilet door and it's shining so brightly. It's like the door is calling for him.

Yup, I'm officially crazy. 

Baekhyun, not even caring anymore about what'll happen to his adorable friend, dash to the toilet, almost knocking a huge teddy bear on his way there.

Kyungsoo just chuckles and continue to look at the two dolls infront of him. He's too busy trying to decide which one he's going to buy that he didn't even realize there's someone standing behind his back.  

"You're blocking the way." He was startled by the husky voice behind him, causing him to let go of the two dolls in his hands. To other people, the dolls just seemed to fall onto the ground with no scratch but to Kyungsoo, he'd done the worst thing that he could ever imagined. He felt like he murdered the dolls. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to let you guys fall!" He shriek and immediately hug the two dolls, eyes almost teary. He quickly turn around to scold the stranger but his movement are halted. 

"K-kim Kai?" 

", what the are you doing here?!" Kyungsoo can't even comprehend the latter's harsh question when his eyes are stuck to the owl plushie that the tanned boy is holding. It's the most cutest, fluffiest and adorable plushie that Kyungsoo had seen. 

"Hey, can I have that?" He ask bravely, he didn't even care that he's talking with the Kai, the school's cold hearted, violent gangster. 

"W-what?" Kyungsoo thinks that Kai's voice is husky, and somewhat.. adorable? 

"Can I have that plushie? The one that you're holding." He points at the brown, fluffy plushie in Kai's hand.

"Oh, this one is not for sale." Kyungsoo almost want to cry hearing the sentence that came out from Kai's mouth. 

"W-what?" 

"This one is not for sale. It's premium and only for display." Kai explained smoothly. 

"B-but, I want it." Kyungsoo pouted and look at Kai, teary eyed. He wants the owl plushie and he'll definitely get. So with that, he musters his most adorable puppy eyes and look at Kai. 

"The are you doing kid?" Kai says boringly and raised one of his eyebrows. 

"C-can I please have it? Please? P-pretty please?" He was frozen in the first second when he heard Kai swears but continued his mission. Kyungsoo never did aegyo but for the owl plushie, he thinks it worth it. 

Kai look at him for awhile. He contemplates whether to chase this boy out or to give him the plushie. 

"I'll pay for it!!" Kyungsoo suddenly said, with a desperate voice. Well, actually Baekhyun will pay for it but who cares about the price?

Baekhyun is filthy rich.

"Why do you want this so much?" Kai question the wide eyed boy. 

"Because it's the most cutest owl plushie I had ever seen. The fur looks so soft and fluffy. It's big eyes looks endearing and the colour is just a perfect shade of brown." Kyungsoo's smile widens after his explanation.  Kai was stunned, seeing Kyungsoo's beautiful smile.

He has a heart shaped smile.

He thinks for a second before going away silently. Seeing Kai's back retreating, Kyungsoo's heart break.  He felt his eyes become teary again, and he bit his lower lip to keep his sobbing from coming out. 

He's overreacting, he knows but he can't help it.  He really wanted that owl plushie. 

He dejectedly walk away from the rack of plushies when he feel something tap his shoulder. Turning around, he's met with a pokerface Kai who is holding something behind his back. 

"Here, it's for you." He hands Kyungsoo a small cute package. Curious, Kyungsoo open it and see the owl plushie that he wants so much.  

"Y-you're giving it to m-me?" 

Kai just nod and smile. "Yeah, it's on the house so.. yeah." He rubs the back of his neck awkwardly before clearing his throat. 

"R-really? Thank you so much!" Kyungsoo gifted him the biggest smile he could form and Kai was once again, stunned.

This boy is beautiful. 

"Kyungie! Where have you been? I've been looking everywh-" Baekhyun sentence stop when he sees the person who's standing infront of Kyungsoo. 

Kai, sensing the change in Baekhyun's face, quickly walk away without saying anything much to Kyungsoo's dismay. Baekhyun walk towards Kyungsoo slowly. 

"What are you doing with him?!" He whispered harshly, glaring at Kai's retreating figure. 

"Oh, I bought this at the toy shop and I accidentally left it there so he came to give me this. I guess he works there." Kyungsoo don't usually lie to people but he thinks that lying is better than telling the truth when it's involved with a certain someone name Kim Kai. Even to his beloved bestfriend.

"Really? Why must he talks to you though. Whatever, stay away from him Kyungsoo. He's no good of a person." Kyungsoo frowns when Baekhyun said that. "Why do you say that?"

Baekhyun look at him like he is the most craziest person on earth. "He's Kai! Kim Kai! The violent gangster in our school! I heard he beat up a gang until they were sent to the hospital." Baekhyun shivered, imagining how much it hurts.

"Anyways, just stay away from him Kyungsoo. Trust me." Kyungsoo just nod his head. In his mind, he can't help but to compare the Kai at the toy shop and the Kai that Baekhyun describe. Are they the same person? The Kai at the toy shop is completely different from the Kai that Baekhyun is telling him. 

But he doesn't seemed so bad.

The next few minutes is spend on him trying to follow Baekhyun's fast footsteps towards the feminine boy favourites cosmetic shop. 

"Come on, they have a new arrival of eyeliner collection! I heard there's a chocolate scented eyeliner!!" 

Kyungsoo snorted at Baekhyun's beaming face. If his obsession towards cute stuffs is terrible, Baekhyun obsession towards eyeliners are worse.

 

 

A/N: Hi guys!! So the first chapter is up!! And thank you so much for subscribing, it means a lot to me. And I assure you, you're not going to regret it! XD Anyways, enjoy the first chapter and please comment! Until next time, tudulu~ <3