002

My Cute Gangster!

"Why'd you do that?" 

Kai glance towards a smirking Jongdae before rolling his eyes, ignoring the elder's question. He busied himself with arranging the already in place soft plushies. 

Jongdae pouted when his brother didn't give him any attention but didn't give up just yet. "He goes to your school right?" 

"Dunno." Kai answered shortly. He didn't want to answer whatever question his brother will ask him. He's hundred percent sure the topic will somehow revert back to the owlie kid. 

Yep, Kai just decided to call him that.  

"His name is Do Kyungsoo, if I'm not wrong." Jongdae knows his brother had taken a slight interest towards the shorter boy. Seeing the way the younger ears perked up at the mention of the shorter boy's name.

"I knew a lot about him but I think you wouldn't want to hear stupid infomations about that cute boy anyway." Jongdae shrugged boredly and turns around to saunter his way towards the counter when a hand suddenly grasp his shoulder preventing him from walking any further. 

Jongdae smiled slyly and turn to face his brother, innocently asking, "What's wrong?" 

"W-what do you know about h-him?" Jongdae evil cackle resonates throughout his brain and he mentally cooed at his brother adorkableness. 

How could anyone labelled him as a heartless gangster?  Yes, Jongdae knew about his brother status and can't help but to feel sad about it. His brother is anything but violent. Jongdae will even kill himself if anyone accuse him of lying, cause it's simply the truth. His brother couldn't even hurt a fly.

He was forced to build up the ing cold facade because people wouldn't accept him.  And now, he's used to it. His once cheery and smiling brother turns into an emotionless quiet boy. He rarely smiles or even talk. So Jongdae is pleasantly surprise when he saw his brother talking and even smiling to a boy earlier. 

Maybe that boy is the one, he thought when he silently watch them from a far. 

"Hey, are you daydreaming again Jongdae?" His brother irritated voice snapped him out of his thoughts and he smiled cheekily. 

"Sorry, I was thinking about something. So what would you like to know about Do Kyungsoo?" He raised his brows as his brother annoyed face turns crimson red and his eyes darted down to the floor. His fingers also started to play with the hem of his shirt. 

He's so whipped. 

"W-well, anything that you know of." Kai answered timidly. Jongdae pursed his lips and started to reveal every bit of knowledge about a certain narrow-shoulder, wide eyed and heart shape lips boy he knows.  Kai listen intently to his brother, without missing one bit of information. 

"So, he's pretty famous at school. Students from every gender and even the teachers practically worshipped him. Girls do because well, he's kind of handsome and cute. Guys do because god, he has ing y thighs. Don't even get me started on his perky ." Kai felt his cheeks burn as he grab any doll that's near him and throw it at his brother. To which Jongdae dodge quite easily. 

"D-don't talk about him like that! It's unappropriate." Kai whispered harshly to his smiling brother. 

"Oh come on Kai, don't tell me you never even once thought of him that way. You must be a if you don't." Jongdae widens his eyes when he see Kai's head drop down. 

"You're a ?! Are you ing serio-" His next words were muffled because Kai's palm had found its way to his mouth, preventing him from saying any words. 

"I'm not a you stupid troll. Now, shut up before I punch you square in the mouth, knocking your teeths out." Kai retreated back his hand and eyes Jongdae who is still standing frozen at his place. 

"You're not a ?! Since when?! With who?!" Jongdae whispers harshly and leans his head closer to Kai only to have a palm smack his head away. 

"None of your business, why do you care so much?" Jongdae pouted and Kai cringed. "Don't do that, you're making me puke boogers." 

"Hey, that's mean! I'm your beloved brother you know, have some respect. I don't see you talk that way when he pouted earlier." Jongdae mumbled the last sentence to himself.  

"What? I can't hear you." Kai frowns in confusion and he lean closer to listen what his brother is mumbling.

"O-oh, I'm just saying you should totally greet Kyungsoo at school when you see him next time." Jongdae chuckles nervously but his chuckles died down when a sad smile appeared on Kai's beauteous face.

"Honestly, I would love to do that but I rather not. I don't want to hurt my already wounded heart." Jongdae's heart break hearing his little brother heartbreaking statement. 

"Hey, don't say that baby bro. You know he's not that kind of perso-" 

"How do you know? How do you know that he is not the same with others? How do you know that he will continue to talk to me without disgust written all over his face? H-how do you know that he will not push me away?" Kai's voice crack at the end, showing how broken he is. 

"Listen, I may not know about him Jongin-ah but I know he's different from others. He'll never hurt you once he gotten to know the real you. Show him who you really are Jongin, let him know that you're not what you seemed to be." Jongdae walks away, not being able to continue his little speech because his brother might noticed his teary eyes. 

And that's not cool, Jongdae has to keep his cool. 

Kai watch his brother retreating figure and sigh forlornly. He grab an owl plushie nearby and it reminds him of a certain boy. 

"I wish so too Jongdae-ah, I wish so too."       

 

       •~•

 

"Yah! Kim Jong!"

A shrill voice howl from a far and Kai could only close his eyes in embarassment.  

"What is it Oh Se?" He glared at his self proclaimed bestfriend. Sehun raised his eyebrow and smirk at Kai. 

"What? That's the best you could come up with?" He tossed Kai a brown bag and continue to speak about his date yesterday with his boyfriend without caring if Kai is listening or not.  

Kai open the brown bag and silently thanks Sehun when he find his favourite sandwhich in it. It's always been like this. Every morning, Sehun will shout his name and tossed him a bag containing his favourite breakfast.  Kai will never admit it, but he kind of glad that Sehun is the kind of person that never cares about people says. If not, he would be alone for the rest of his highschool years.  

He's never been one to initiate a conversation. So he's kinda thankful when Sehun greeted him on the first day of school. Now, they've been friends for three years, and he wouldn't trade this friendship for anything.

"Yah, are you listening to me?!" A flick in his forehead snapped him out of his thoughts. He immediately glares at his so called bestfriend. 

"The do you think you're doing?!" He said harshly but Sehun just continue to act indifferent and boredly check his polished fingers before returning his gaze at Kai. 

"You're ignoring me. I can't talk to someone who's ignoring me, where's the fun in that?" Kai snorted and rolled his eyes at his sassy bestfriend. 

"What talk, you'll just babble on and on about your stupid boyfriend." Sehun gasps and pointed a finger at Kai. 

"You little , take that back!" 

"Take what back? About your stupid boyfriend you mean?"

"No, don't call him that!" 

"You're so whipped Se."  

"Y-you're such a er for petite boys!"This time, Kai was the one who gasps. He eyed around frantically hoping that there's nobody around them. 

"You. ing. Take. That. Back. Oh. Sehun." 

Sehun just smirked and raised his eyebrows. "What if I don't want to?" 

They're too engaged with their silly catfight to even notice two figures walking in towards their direction.  "Hey Baekkie, isn't that-" 

"I will burn every ing bubble tea shop in this town!" 

"Don't you dare!" 

"Oh, I will." Kai smirked seeing he has won this fight. Sehun is clenching his fist and gritting his teeth, face red with anger. 

"Hey, Sehunnie." Sehun turns his face to his side  and in a flash, a smile adorns his usually poker face. 

"Hi Baekkie!" Sehun practically bounce to his boyfriend and Kai swears he could see rainbows above Sehun's head. 

"What are you uh, talking about?" Baekhyun ask Sehun half-heartedly and Kai couldn't help but to feel slightly hurt. 

It's okay Kai-ah, you're used to it. 

He walks away without saying anything, not noticing a pair of wide-doe eyes gazing at his gloomy retreating back.

 

•~•

 

"Baekkie, I think you hurt him." Kyungsoo says thoughtfully at his bestfriend who's eating a salad and sitting besides his boyfriend. 

"Yeah, I think so too." Sehun nodded in agreement. He backs away in surrender when Baekhyun glares at him. 

"What do you mean Kyungie? Who are you talking about?" Baekhyun ask in confusion. 

"Kim Kai." Baekhyun who is drinking, immediately spew his water with his limited edition thousand island flavoured saliva to poor Sehun's face. 

"Hyung, I love you so much but I don't understand why you need to act out a dramatic scene. On me to be precise." Sehun mutters sulkily as he grabs a napkin to wipe his face but Baekhyun is too shock to comprehend what's happening around him.  

"Kyungie, why are you taking an interest in him so suddenly? D-do you like him, perhaps?" Baekhyun pray and crossed his fingers hoping that Kyungsoo will flat out reject his statement. 

"W-what? I-no, I mean I don't- pshh, wh-what are you talking Baekkie?" Baekhyun eyed his nervous friend in front of him, whose face is in a deep shade of red. 

"Y-you know what, I have to go. U-um, see you later Baek, Sehun-ah." Kyungsoo immediately rushed to get away from Baekhyun's intense gaze. 

Stupid Kyungsoo, why do you have to stutter like that?!

  "Hey Sehun-ah, I think Kyungsoo likes Kai." Baekhyun says after a few minutes of silence and thinking.  "Really? What made you so sure about that?" Sehun ask, looking at his boyfriend intently. He knows about Baekhyun dislike towards Kai and tried to fix it. He don't want his boyfriend to continue hating his innocent bestfriend. 

"I dunno. I just got the feeling." Baekhyun shrugged and continued to play with his salad. His appetite no longer there. 

"But don't you hate him?" Sehun ask cautiously. Baekhyun keep on being silent. 

"I don't hate him. I just dislike him. But if Kyungsoo really like the boy, then I don't find any fault in trying to get to know him. Seeing you're his bestfriend, I assumed he's a good guy." Sehun smile softly at his boyfriend. This is the part that got him to fall head over heels towards Baekhyun. 

"You're so lovable baby, I promised you that Kim Kai is indeed, a very good guy. Mark my words on that." Sehun nuzzle his face on the crook of Baekhyun's neck and the latter just giggle. He then look up to his boyfriend to give him a soft, chaste kiss only to have Baekhyun pushing him away and grimacing. 

"What? What's wrong babe?" Sehun ask worriedly. He palm his breath, but it doesn't smell bad. He look back towards his boyfriend, raising an eyebrows as a sign to urge his boyfriend to speak.  

"You tastes like thousand island and chewed lettuce."  Baekhyun mumbled quietly, in half guilty and half disgust. 

"Whose fault do you think is that?!"

 

 •~•

 

Kai was just leaning against a tree trunk, sheltered  from the sun. Only a bit of sunlight pierce throught the leaves and he could feel it even with his eyes close. The breezy weather make him feels falling asleep here wouldn't be so bad. He was so close to dreamland when he felt a shadow loom over him. 

He open his eye, only to make an eye contact with the softest pair of brown eyes he ever met. "H-hi." 

Kai was bring back to reality when he heard the familiar deep, smooth and velvety voice. "It's you." He says in recognition. 

"Y-yeah, it's me." Kyungsoo shuffles to sit besides Kai, their shoulders brushing. Their atmosphere is fill with awkward silence. 

"Wh-" 

"Wh-"  

They look at each other with an awkward smile. "You first." Kyungsoo says while smiling a little too brightly. 

"Why are you here?" Kai can't help but to feel the smaller boy flinch at his cold tone. He feel like he wants to apologize but he prevents himself from doing so. He couldn't easily trust people, especially this particular adorable boy. 

"W-well, I just saw you here and you looked kind of lonely. So I thought, why not join you." Kyungsoo explain timidly. Kai just nodded and continued to stare into space. Kyungsoo took this as a chance to ask Kai his question. 

"So, what are you doing here?" 

"I wanna sleep, so I came here. Also, I wanted to escaped life." Kai chuckled bitterly. Kyungsoo can't help but to feel intrigued, so he brave himself to ask Kai one more question. 

"Why so?" It's a simple question, really. But it holds a lot of meanings. Kai shrugged and lean closer to Kyungsoo unconciously, in search of comfort. 

"Nahh, forget it. I'm just talking . Anyways, shouldn't you be afraid of me?" 

"Why should I?" Kai raised his eyebrow and look at Kyungsoo, in amusement. "I'm Kai, the school's infamous gangster." Kyungsoo snorted and rolled his eyes, to which Kai found attractive. 

"You just called yourself famous, you douchebag." Kai was really surprised. Someone was brave enough to insult him. Kai hovers over Kyungsoo and lean his face close, until his noce bump onto Kyungsoo's. 

"You know, owlie. I could kill you on the spot and throw your body away. No one would ever know. And you would die like a ing frog." Kai leans back, expecting to be slap or to be push away, but Kyungsoo didn't do anything. He only silently staring at Kai. Which made the latter extremely uncomfortable. 

"W-what are you doing, I just threatened you, aren't you scared?"

"No, I'm not. I know you will never do that to someone. You're a nice person Kai, I could feel it." Kai was taken aback by how sincere Kyungsoo sounded. 

He remembers about a certain part when he talked to his brother the other day.

Show him who you really are Jongin, let him know that you're not what you seemed to be.

Kai's phone suddenly buzzed indicating a message just come in, surprising the two boys. Kai check his phone and his face pinked, he immediately coughs vioently. Kyungsoo just stared at him worriedly and give him a bottle of water he's been holding.

"A-are you okay?" Kai nod and drink the water Kyungsoo gave him.

"I'm fine." Kyungsoo eyed him worriedly, before nodding. "Okay."

"Hey Kyungsoo."

"Yeah?"

"Did you just farted?" Kyungsoo's face pinked and he waved his hands frantically while shaking his head

"I'm sorry!! I thought you didn't heard it-"

"Cause you kind off blew me away?"

 

 

A/N"

hey lovely readers and subsribers<3

so chapter 2 is up, yayyy! 

and i'm happy to say that the number of subsribers are increasing *go squeal at the corner*

and for those who upvotes, thank you so much , you don't know how muuch it means to me ( it means a whole ing lot)(

in this chapter, kaisoo relationship is blossoming, and i decided to sail the sebaek ship in this story.

but i have nothing against hunhan though, trust me.. i just think that a little dash of sebaek could lighten up this story, ya know what i mean??