003

My Cute Gangster!

Hi guys, so this chapter is a bit angsty, well not really. Just a lot of crying.  Enjoy this update~    

 

 

•~•

 

 

"Wait, what?" Kai stare at Kyungsoo, obviously baffled by the latter shocking outburst. Kyungsoo fix his teary eyes to the ground, unable or rather unwilling to look up. The ground seems to be the most interesting thing in the world at the moment. 

 

You moronic mongrel! Why would you blurt something like that you senseless mouth?! Kyungsoo inwardly cursed (can that even be counted as a curse, asdfghkl.. he's too innocent to curse) at himself. 

 

At the same time Kyungsoo is cursing himself, Kai is fuctioning his rusty brain to come up with some sort of sentence to comfort Kyungsoo mortified self. 

 

Maybe I should say that I don't mind about it. I mean, Sehun farted all the time. 

 

He thought for a moment and shook his head. No, he probably thought I don't mind because Sehun is my bestfriend.

 

Kyungsoo and I are barely acquaintance. What should I say? The boy looks like he wants to die out of sheer embarassment.  

 

Relax dude~ It's okay to fart sometime, I do it all the tim- no, I sounded too weird. 

    

It's okay Kyungsoo, I didn't even hear it. No, somehow it's not enough. 

 

The sound of your fart is the most adorable sou- Now I just sounded plain creepy.

 

Having zero knowledge in comforting people, really now, you can tell by a single glance that he's terrible, no scratch that, he can't comfort ing no one. 

 

Kai decided to change the topic. Yes, he should've done that earlier rather than dwelling into his pitiful excuse of ideas. He looked around to find a topic to talk and hopefully take Kyungsoo's mind of earlier incident. He spotted a garbage truck picking bags of rubbish as the foul smell invaded his nostrils. 

 

Granted, he was born with a sensitive nose so he can point out a few pungent smell. He decided to talk about his gift with Kyungsoo. 

 

"Hey, did you smell that?" Kai noticed Kyungsoo looking up, eyes wide and getting more teary. Kai understands though, he probably still feel embarassed. It's only about a minute since the incident passed. 

 

"S-smell what?" He ask , dread can be hear in his tone but Kai mistook it as timid. 

 

"It smells like rotten egg." Kyungsoo's face paled in nanosecond and he drop down his head again. 

 

He is in utter humiliation. 

 

So he did what he normally did when he's ashamed. He cry and run away, leaving Kai dumbfounded. 

 

"What the ? What did I do?"  

      

 

 

•~•

 

Kyungsoo run and run and run until he feels like his heart is about to explode. You see, he's not really a sport kind of person. It's not helping that he had to dodge everyone from crowding around him.

 

He's still the popular guy even if he farted.

 

He came to a halt at the school garden. He bend down and breath harshly. 

 

Wow, he need to exercise. 

 

He wipe his tears from falling onto his smooth cheeks but it seems like it can't stop pouring.

 

The last time he felt this horrible feeling was on his birthday party. He was six at the time. He had accidentally pissed his pants infront of his classmates. He refused to go to school for a week. 

 

"God, I hate this feeling. Why did it have to happen when I'm with Kai?" He grumble darkly and stomp his feet. Kai's statement earlier keeps ringing in his mind. 

 

It smells like rotten egg

Smells like rotten egg

Like rotten egg

Rotten egg

 

He feels his blood rush to his cheeks, making it flush a deep scarlet red. He's ashamed of himself.  

 

He feels his tears fall again and this time, he let them dampened his face. He let out a loud sob and crouch to the ground, hiding his face with his arms. 

 

"Kyungie? Is that you?" A husky but melodious voice call out his name. He look up only to see his bestfriend worried face with his boyfriend, Sehun by his side.

 

"Why are crying? What happen?!" Baekhyun's raise his voice, seeing his friend tear-stained face. 

 

"It's no-nothing Baekkie." Kyungsoo answers, his sobbing has decreased. 

 

"Don't you dare say it's ing nothing! Then why the are crying?! Who the did this ing thing to make you ing cry?!" Baekhyun's thin patience snaps into two. His protectiveness instinct come within a second. 

 

Kyungsoo flinched hearing strings of profanities smoothly glide out from Baekhyun's rectangle mouth. Sehun, sensing Kyungsoo's frightened state immediately put a hand on his boyfriend shoulder.

 

"Baek, calm down. You're scaring baby Soo." Baekhyun glance at Kyungsoo and softened when he sees the frightened look on his bestfriend. He crouch down so his face is the same level with Kyungsoo's.

 

Kyungsoo close his eyes, unable to look straight into Baekhyun's. He's feeling kinda guilty when he realized that he got his friend all worked up for a stupid reason but all of that dissipated when he is pull into a warm embrace.  

 

"B-baekkie?"  

 

"It's okay Kyungie. You don't have to tell me anything if you don't want to. I won't force you. Just please stop crying and I'm sorry for swearing and yelling at you."

 

Kyungsoo can't help but to feel touched at Baekhyun's word. Sometimes, he feel as if Baekhyun is his brother. Once Baekhyun let go of Kyungsoo, he is pull into a bear hug from none other than Sehun. 

 

"Don't cry baby Soo, appa's here." Sehun softly patted Kyungsoo's head. The latter whine and grumble childishly under his breath, "I'm not a kid anymore!" and pouted. 

 

Baekhyun chuckled at the view and pull Kyungsoo away from Sehun's bone crashing hug. He then urge Kyungsoo to sit on the garden bench. Baekhyun sit on Kyungsoo's left side while Sehun on the right. 

 

"So, I'm just gonna ask one last time.What happen Kyungie?" Baekhyun ask softly.

 

Kyungsoo drop down his gaze and contemplate wheter to tell them or not. But when he think about it again, the reason seems very... stupid. When he's busy thinking, a warm hand grasp his hand and he look up, only to see Sehun's warm and encouraging smile. He then look at Baekhyun, the other sporting the same smile as Sehun. 

He sighed, here goes nothing. 

 

"It's Jongin." Baekhyun send Sehun a look and the latter nod, quickly whip his phone out to text a message to a particular person.

 

"I'm so ashamed of myself." Kyungsoo buries his face on the palm of his hands. He keeps thinking of the earlier incident and his face flush a deep shade of red. He's so embarassed. 

 

But apparently, Baekhyun mistook it as Kyungsoo being insulted by Kai. He can slowly feel the rage building in his body. 

 

Oh that er, just wait until I see you.

 

Baekhyun clench his fist until his knucklesturns white and grinded his teeth. "Why so Kyungie?" He ask with a strained smile, trying hard to control his anger. "What did Jongin do?" He asks, his voice literally growl when the tanned male name was mentioned.

 

"Urgh, I can't tell you! It's too embarassing!" Kyungsoo groaned on his palms and Baekhyun's eyebrow twitched.

 

"What did he do to make you this embarassed baby Soo?" Sehun asks softly, eyeing Baekhyun. 

 

Where the is that er?, Baekhyun mouths to Sehun. 

 

Calm down, we have to hear his explanation first. Sehun mouths back. 

 

Baekhyun lean back on the bench and try to keep calm. He inhale softly and glance at Kyungsoo. The latter is still slouched on his seat. He sighed and rub comforting circles on his bestfriend's back. 

 

"Kyu-" 

 

"Kyungsoo!!!!" A deep and rich voice holler from afar and Baekhyun can feel how Kyungsoo flinched. 

 

"Who is that?" Baekhyun squinted his eyes to get a good look at the figure who is running towards their direction at full speed. He seems to recognize that figure. Lean and muscular with blond hair. 

 

As the figure got nearer, Kyungsoo visibly stiffened. Baekhyun glance back at Kyungsoo and the puzzle click immediately in his mind. 

 

Kai 

 

"Hey Kyungsoo, are you alright? Why did you ru-"  Kai didn't managed to complete his sentence when he is sent topling down the ground with Baekhyun's fist on his jaw.

 

Kyungsoo is shock and worried. 

 

Sehun is worried but mostly amazed. 

 

Kai si groaning.

 

Baekhyun is glaring. 

 

Kai push himself up and gives Baekhyun the most deathly glares he had ever seen. If looks could kill, Byun Baekhyun is dead by now but he remained unfazed. He has to keep a strong front even if he's shaking in the inside. 

 

"Did you just punch me?" Kai ask slowly in a dark voice. He looks at Baekhyun intensely like a predator watching it's prey, ready to attack at any moment.

 

"What did you say to Kyungsoo?" Baekhyun ignores Kai question and instead, ask him one. Baekhyun stare back into Kai's mocha brown, tantalizing pair of eyes. 

 

At the mention of Kyungsoo's name, Kai whip his head towards the said boy direction."Are you okay Kyungsoo? Why did you run?" Baekhyun gawk at Kai, it was as if he completely forgot about his fight with Baekhyun earlier. 

 

ing whipped, Sehun snorted at the background.

 

"I-I'm okay." Kyungsoo answers slowly, still trying to process that Baekhyun had punched Kai. Baekhyun scoffed and glares at Kyungsoo. 

 

"Don't lie Kyungie, just spill the truth. We got your back. If this son of a bitc-" 

 

"Baekhyun.

 

"If this son of a bacteria try to hurt you, we'll hurt him twice as hard." 

 

Kai blink in confusion, what the hell are they talking about? 

 

"What the hell are you talking about?" Kai frowns in confusion, looking at Baekhyun then Kyungsoo and Sehun. 

 

"I'm pretty sure I'm not talking in some alien languange am I?" Baekhyun retort sassily and rolled his eyes. 

 

Kai had to hold himself from throwing a punch at the smaller boy. 

 

"Well, I'm pretty sure you're talking bull over there, you foul horse poop." Kai glares at Baekhyun. 

 

"You take that back you fu-" 

 

"Kai, we found Kyungsoo crying here. When we ask him why, he said your name. Is there something you want to tell us?" Sehun cut Baekhyun from talking and look straight into the tanned boy confuse gaze.

 

"I don't know, he just ran away so suddenly. I don't think I said something that might hurt him though." Kai shrugged and glance at Kyungsoo.

 

"When did you ever think?" 

 

"Shut up Baekpoop."  

 

Sehun stare at Kai and nodded, he then look at Kyungsoo. "Do you want to finish the story baby Soo?" Kai eyebrows twitched when he heard Kyungsoo's nickname. 

 

Kyungsoo feels guilty. Really really guilty. He feels like he's the one who punch Kai. Baekhyun is not that strong, but still strong enough to let a bruise form tomorrow. He feels even more guilty when Kai look at him worriedly. He sighed and droop his shoulders. 

 

 

"I f.....d." Sehun lean in closer until his ear is right in front of Kyungsoo's mouth. "Baby Soo, can you say it again? I can't hear it." 

 

Kyungsoo take a deep breath and says, "I farted." Sehun lean back and look at Kyungsoo with his infamous face for a couple of seconds.

 

"Are you serious?" A nod. 

 

"Are you ing serious?" A nod. 

 

"You cried because you farted?" 

 

Kyungsoo shake his head and drop his gaze. "Then why did you cry?" Baekhyun asks. By this time, everyone knew he farted, courtesy of oh Sehun's loud voice. 

"Kai said.. th-that my f-fart smelled like.... rotten egg." 

 

Silence. 

 

"You said what?! How could you fu-"

 

"Baekkie." 

"Funky excuse of a person said that?! His fart is the most adorable sound in the world! And it smell like vanilla!!" Baekhyun heave his breath and glared at Kai. 

 

Kai just gawked at Baekhyun and then pointed his finger at him. "That's what I thought too!!" 

 

Kyungsoo, Baekhyun and Sehun blinked before staring at Kai.  "What?" They said in unison.

 

Kai, realizing his mistake, panic and desperately try to cover it. "I-I mean, like.. y-yeah, who's fart is not cute right? I mean, um.. Kyungsoo fart is so adorable and yeah, I mean Sehun's fart is cute too but not as cute as Kyungsoo, o-of course!! It has a nice vibration and um.. It sounds like a machine gun an-" 

 

"Stop it Kai, you're freaking me out." Sehun said, shivering and frowning at Kai's stupid speech. 

 

"But I didn't say Kyungsoo's fart smell like rotten egg." Kai said lowly, his eyes still staring at the ground. Kyungsoo frowns and stares at Kai. 

 

"But you ask me did I smell something, when I ask what smell, you said it smells like rotten egg." He said in a matter-of-fact tone. Kai blink twice and something hit him hard. 

 

Ahh, that's why.

 

"Oh no, you misunderstood Kyungsoo. I was talking about the garbage truck and the air." Baekhyun look at Kai like he's a mentally-illed person. 

 

"Why the hell would you talk about that?" 

 

Kai shrugged and look straight to Kyungsoo's eyes. "I was trying to change the topic." 

 

Sehun, finally understanding Kai's intention smile. He look at Kyungsoo, the latter frowning in confusion. He sighed. 

 

"So you said that after he farted right?" Kyungsoo blush again when Sehun brought up this topic. 

 

"Yeah." Kai nodded. 

 

"So baby Soo, after you farted, you must be really embarassed. Kai wanted to change the topic so you could forget about the incident. The reason he chose to talk about the stupid rotten egg smell is because he has a sensitive nose but I don't why the hell would he talk about that since you.. you know, farted." Sehun explain kindly.

 

Kyungsoo blink his wide eyes and look at Kai. "You w-were trying you to m-make me forget?" Kai rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly and shuffles his weight on his other foot. "Y-yeah."

 

"I'm sorry that you got punched because I misunderstood something so moronic." Kyungsoo softly said, feeling regret punch him in the guts. 

 

Kai smile a little, just a little but smile nonetheless. "It's okay Kyungsoo." It's silence again, but Kyungsoo is busy thinking. 

 

What should I do? 

 

 

What should I do? 

 

He's really caring but I'm being a total butthole. 

 

I'm so moronic.

 

What should I do to make it up for him?? 

 

Suddenly, and idea lit up inside his brain. His smile widened and his eyes brightened. "Hey Kai!" 

 

Kai was startled by Kyungsoo's joyous and loud voice. "W-what?" 

 

Kyungsoo giggle and Baekhyun shot him an unbelievable look.

 

He's been crying his off a minute ago. 

 

"Let's go on a date!" Kyungsoo smiled at the idea, and he shyly thinks that having a date with Kim Kai doesn't sound too bad. 

 

Kai was shocked, but a pleasant kind of shock. "W-what? Why?" Kyungsoo pouted, thinking that Kai will reject his awesome idea. 

 

"I just thought that I should make it up to y-you." Kyungsoo look at Kai sadly but to Kai, Kyungsoo is looking at him with the most adorable puppy eyes he had ever seen on his life.

 

"I, um.. well, it doesn't,.. it doesn't sound like a bad idea.. I guess." Kai clear his throat and averted his eyes from Sehun's piercing gaze.

 

It's rare to see the confident and distant Kim Kai acting like a highschool girl talking to her crush, Sehun thought. 

 

"Yeayy, after school then?" Kyungsoo cheerily bounce his way to Kai and linked their arm together. Kai was pleasantly surprised. 

 

"Y-yeah, sure." The rare, dazzling smile of Kim Kai appeared on his handsome face making Kyungsoo swoon for a moment. 

 

"You know, you should make a nickname for me." Kyungsoo said thoughtfully. Kai pondered for a moment, that sounds like a good idea but of course, he wouldn't say it out loud. Besides, he acknowledge the feeling of jealousy hearing Sehun calling Kyungsoo by his nickname. 

 

"Well, how about Soo?" Kyungsoo smile instantly, his heart shaped smile is brighter than the sun efficiently melting Kai's heart along the way. 

 

"It's perfect." Kai nod his head and purse his lips.  "But remember," 

 

"Remember what Kai?" 

 

"I'm the only one who's allow to call you with that nickname."

 

They walk away from the school's garden with their hand intertwined with each other, a madly blushing Kyungsoo with a proud Kai. Leaving behind a shock Sehun and a mildly terrified Baekhyun. 

 

"What the just happen?" Again, they said in unison.

 

 

 

•~•

 

 

A/N:  This is a boring chapter, I know. I'm just having this writer's block thing and I sincerely apologize for the ty chapter. I tried to make it as funny as possible but my fountain of ideas has dried up milennium ago, I'm not even surprised that you guys fall asleep on this chapter. Kekeke

So basically, I just want to write about how Baekhyun feels towards Kyungsoo and Sehun's close relationship with baby Soo >.< , and we can also see that Kaisoo ship is sailing guys, I'm so excited!!! 

Be sure to anticipated the next chapter, *whispers 'Kaisoo's date 'slowly*, if this chapter is full of crying, the next will ultimately be fluffy and kind of cheesy. Featuring adorable Kyungsoo and awkward as hell Kai. 

You have been warned. One more thing, please COMMENT, cause it means so much to me, <3, so be sure to check it out, see you on the next A/N. 

:)))