016

My Cute Gangster!

Kai enters the hospital room heavily, his body trembling while he tries to calm himself by taking a large inhalation. 

It's his decision Kai, you have to understand. 

Kyungsoo had told him yesterday to give him a bit of time to think properly and they both agreed to meet again today. 

I'll know his answer today. 

"You can do this Kai. Whatever it is, it's for the best," Kai whispers slowly before entering the room. 

Kai expected the worst, what he didn't expect is the warm smile directed towards him. 

Kai shakes his head, this is going to be so ing hard.

"Morning Jongin." Kyungsoo greets softly. His deep velvety voice is like music to Kai's ears, effectively calming him down and bringing a smile to his face.

"Morning Soo," Kyungsoo blushes at the nickname and looks away. Kai smiles painfully.

I'm going to miss this. 

Kai takes a seat beside Kyungsoo like he did yesterday, eyes still staring at the petite male.

"How are you feeling?" 

Kyungsoo looks at him, smiling softly. "Much better."

Kai nods absent-mindedly, his mind reeling with thousands of questions. 

"Have you thought about it?" He asks quietly, almost muttering the words. 

Kyungsoo gaze at him with an unreadable expression, "Can we eat first? I'm kind of hungry." 

Kai frowns but agreed when he sees Kyungsoo's pouting. 

He grumbles quietly before heading down to the cafeteria to buy Kyungsoo's food. 

"You sure you're allowed to eat this?" Kai asks again glancing at the fried chicken. 

Which looks drool-worthy, mind you. 

Kyungsoo snorts and Kai wanted to slap himself at how he finds it cute.

"I'm not dying Jongin, I think I can survive eating a fried chicken. You on the other hand, looks like you're going to die on the next second if you don't get to bite some." 

Kai flushes and huff angrily, "I'm not hungry okay, I've already eaten on my way here." 

He didn't eat but dignity is dignity.

Suddenly, a loud sound makes the two of them to look at each other. 

"Kai, is that-" 

"Shut up and eat the ing chicken."  

"But your stomach just growl-"

"Eat the ing chicken Kyungsoo!"

 

                                               •~•

"How was it?" 

"How was what?" 

"The chicken?" 

"... it's good." 

"Told you." Kyungsoo then cackles loudly at how bashful Kai was eating minutes ago, sending cute glares towards him.

Kyungsoo then stares at Kai softly, like the said boy would break under his gaze. He sighs, thinking over and over again. 

"Please stay with me." 

Kai, who's backside is facing Kyungsoo whips his neck at the speed of light. 

"W-What?" He asks, not believing his ears. 

Kyungsoo takes a breath, and looks at Kai determinedly. 

"I said, please stay with me." 

Kai shakes his head, 

This isn't suppose to happen. 

"Have you think clearly about this Soo? This is your life we're talking about. Perhaps you need more tim-", Kai rambles on, his voice full with dread. 

"I don't care, I nee- no, I want you to stay with me. I think I.. I th-think I love you Jongin. You must've think how stupid I am, falling inlove within a small span of time. But I can't help it, my heart beats wildly everytime I see you. It hurts me when I think of you not being by my side. Why am I feeling like this Jongin?" Kyungsoo's eyes tears up and he's looking at Kai straight in the eye. 

Kai trembles and he looks down. He closes his eyes, not willing for the tears to fall. 

"This isn't supposed to happen! You're supposed to reject me Kyungsoo! Do you know how dangerous it is for you to be near me?!" 

Kai's voice strains with anger. 

"I like you Jongin! Heck, I think I'm even inlove with you, can't you just accept that and stay with me? I don't care what the future lays ahead of us. I just want you by my side so we'll get through it together. Don't you trust me?" Kyungsoo burts in tears and he sobs, slicing Kai's heart with his heartbroking cries. 

Kai's anger died down, and he strides towards the sobbing boy before pulling him in a tight embrace. Kai hold him so tightly, cutting his air intake but it feels so right. 

Like he belongs there. In Kai's arms.

"Are you sure about this Kyungsoo?" 

Kyungsoo nods before answering quietly but firmly, "Yes, I am." 

"You sure this is not you feeling pity for me?" 

Kyungsoo's eyebrows furrows and he glances up, "What're you talking about?" 

Kai chuckles, "Sehun told me everything." 

Kyungsoo's eyes widens before he rambles, "It's my fault, I ask Sehun about it and he refused at first but I force him and did my puppy eyes and I also pinky promise him not to tell anyone so please don't be mad at him."  

"Silly you, I'm not mad. I'm actually glad I don't have to be the one to tell you how ed up my life was and still am until you came around." Kai smiles gently before caressing Kyungsoo's cheeks. 

"And I plan on staying, in case you didn't know." Kyungsoo smiles cheekily and Kai leans closer to bite his small button nose.

Kyungsoo gaze at Kai lovingly, "I don't care about your past, all I know is that you're important to me. I've seen you in the way other people haven't so I believe you're not the person everyone told me you are. I'm opening my heart for you Kim Jongin."  

Kai smiles and kiss Kyungsoo's forehead lovingly with his trembled lips.

"I'll gladly take it Do Kyungsoo."

 

                                                •~•

 

"Hey baby Soo, Sehunnie and I have been miss-", Baekhyun freeze at the door making Sehun bumps onto him. 

"Ow, what the heck?! Why'd you stop in the middle of-", Sehun started to rant but Baekhyun shush him up. 

Sehun raises one of his eyebrows, "Did you just shush me?" 

"Sehun, look at-" 

"Wait no , you just shush me and now you're telling me to look at something?"

"Just look at the-" 

"I can't believe the amount of disrespect I'm getting from you Baekkie! Who do you think the only person who would praise you for your awful eyeliner sometimes?"  

"I said just look at-wait, awful what?" Baekhyun's voice suddenly turns deeper.

"Uh, look at who babe?"  

Sehun averts his eyes from Baekhyuns's glare  before jerking his head around and his jaws drop, 

Kai? 

What greeted his eyes is the sight of Kai spooning his baby Soo while the both of them is asleep. 

They're both smiling in their sleep huh? 

"They seems happy." Sehun commented offhandedly before he smiles softly at the view.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hello again my lovely peasants! I'm on a roll today! This story had already nearing to its end so please wait for a couple more chapters patiently, chuu~~~ 

There's more fluff and conflicts to come so please don't forget to VOTE, SUBSCRIBE AND COMMENT!!

I hope you enjoy this update 💗.