Changing the Faith

Reset

Chapter 2: Changing the faith

 

 

A/n: dear readers, after this, I won't be able to update for two weeks since I'm going to have a test. Sorry for the inconvenience <3 and sorry if the chapters were short because this is still the introduction to the main conflict.

 

 

Sungmin ran inside the emergency unit of Samsung medical center when someone pats her shoulder.

It was Yesung.

Sungmin quickly hugs him as soon as she saw him. "Oppa, where is Kyuhyun? He's fine, right?" she asks panickedly.

Yesung felt hurt upon hearing her. Firstly, she never called him 'Oppa' when there are just the two of them. Not in these past few years. Not after she decided to have an affair with him. And why would she become so panicked like this? When she said she never loved Kyuhyun at all. "He's fine, the doctor saved him" he said, ignoring the pain in his heart.

Sungmin quickly lets go of him upon hearing him. "Really?" she asks, there's a hint of relieve in her voice.

Yesung nods. "He's in the ICU now" he said. "But if he haven't woke up on the next 24 hours, then he'll be in a coma state"

Sungmin's eyes widened in shock. "Coma?" she asks weakly as mixture of sadness and guilt start rushing over her.

Yesung just stares at her sadly. He sighs. "Let's just go see him" he said. 'I may have your heart, but I can never have you completely' he thought sadly as he helped Sungmin in walking towards the ICU.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

Sungmin can feel her legs getting weak as she walks towards Kyuhyun's bed, where he is sleeping peacefuly with those life support stuffs.

She sat on a chair beside the bed, still staring at his closed eyes. Tears starts forming in her eyes upon seeing him. "Kyu, what's going on? Why did you become like this?" she asks sadly.

Heechul and Hankyung who is sitting on the sofa just stares at Yesung, Sungmin and Kyuhyun sadly. They don't know what's going on between the three of them, but they surely know that there's something wrong with the wrong with the three of them. Sungmin asks for a divorce all of a sudden, while Kyuhyun doesn't wants to let her go. And at the same time, Sungmin looks so close with Yesung, but it seems like Kyuhyun is drawing a line between himself and Yesung. Heechul stands up and walks towards Sungmin. She pats her shoulder. "He'll be fine" she said. "He knows that he still have you. He'll be fine for you"

Tears start running down Sungmin's cheek as she holds Kyuhyun's hand. "He said that he's not going to let me go even if he dies" she said weakly. She stares at Heechul. "He isn't really going to die, right?"

Heechul sighs. "Seriously, what's going on with the three of you?" she asks.

"Three?" Sungmin asks confusedly.

"You, Kyuhyun and Yesung" Hankyung said. "What's going on between the three of you?"

"Appa, what do you mean?" Yesung asks, pretending that he doesn't know where Hankyung is pointing to.

"Yesung, don't think that we don't know that you are getting strangely close to Minnie" Heechul said. "And Kyu keeps on being quite towards you"

"I hope this isn't like what we think" Hankyung said. "I don't want to see my sons hurting each other"

Yesung stares at Kyuhyun who is still closing his eyes. He seemed much thinner than he is a few years ago. He takes a deep breath. "This isn't like what you think, Appa" he lied.

Hankyung stares right into his eyes, as if looking for signs of lie in his eyes, but of course, Yesung is such a good actor. He managed to hide his true emotions. "Fine" he said before hugging Yesung tightly. "Remember, we love both of you equally. You're also my son. Don't ever think that we love Kyuhyun more than you" he adds before letting go of him and leaves the room.

Heechul stares at Yesung for a while before kissing Kyuhyun's forehead. "Get well soon" she whispers before walking towards Yesung. She smiles towards him. "I know you'll never disappoint us, right, Yeye?"

Yesung was touched because of that. It's been so long since the last time Heechul has called him 'Yeye'. It was the nickname she made for him when he was new to the house. But she had stopped calling him that since he enters the flight school. And ever since, she seemed like they are no longer loving both of them equally, but it seems like she loves Kyuhyun more than him. And of course, Yesung can understand that, because however, he is just an adopted child. But still, it hurts to see that even his step parents no longer love him. That's why he thinks that it's okay if he hurt his brother a bit. Because he thinks that Kyuhyun's life is perfect compared to his. It's okay to give a little stain.

Heechul sighs upon seeing Yesung's reaction, but she still smiles at him. "You know that we love both of you equally, right?" she asks before kissing his cheek, which makes his eyes widened in shock. "Don't ever think that we don't love you. We love both of you equally, arasseo?" she asks before leaving him and Sungmin.

Tears starts forming in his eyes as he felt a hint--a hint. Just a hint of guilt start rushing over him. 

Sungmin is still holding Kyuhyun's hand while staring at Kyuhyun's face. He looks so pale. She sighs. "Oppa..." she called for Yesung. "Are we doing the right thing?"

Yesung just sighs as he can't say anything in response. 'I also don't know' he thought, still feeling guilty.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

Kyuhyun was still staring at Yesung confusedly. 'Why suddenly Yesung hyung seemed a lot younger? His hair style and hair color is also different' he thought. 'And why is he here?'

"Kyu?" Yesung asks confusedly when Kyuhyun hadn't responded to him at all. "What's going on? You seemed like you've just seen a ghost"

Kyuhyun stares at him, still confused with what's going on right now. He stares at the phone on top of the bedside table. It was his old phone, iPhone 3G, and not to mention that the screen is broken, just like 7 years ago. He turns towards Yesung who is staring at him worriedly. "Are you okay, Kyu?" he asks. "Do you remember who I am?"

"Yesung hyung..." Kyuhyun said weakly. "W-what happened?"

"You got hit by a car yesterday" Yesung said. He stares at him sadly. "I'm sorry. It must be hurt, right? It should've been me who is in your position"

Kyuhyun's eyebrows furrowed. Got hit by a car? No, he didn't got hit by a car. As far as he can remember, he was drunk and his car crashed into a fence, and he can't remember anything else. But he remembers one thing. He ever got hit by a car. Seven year ago, to be exact. The accident that made him met with Sungmin. He takes a deep breath. "Hyung, may I ask something?" he asks.

Yesung nods. "What is it?" he asks.

"What day is today?" Kyuhyun asks.

Yesung frowns. "Aish, I thought you want to ask something serious" he said. "It's sunday, 13th of july 2008. Why?"

Kyuhyun was shock upon hearing him, even though he's already suspicious about what's going on. Does it really possible that he's time traveling? So he really given a chance to reset everything. No, he can't confirm that fast. He turns towards Yesung once more. "So you're still a rookie pilot, if I'm not mistaken?" he asks.

Yesung rolls his eyes at him. "Are you really okay?" he asks. "I'm not yet a pilot. Even they haven't allow me to go on a single flight yet because I'm still in my training"

So it's really true. Today is sunday, 13th of July 2008, the day where he's supposed to met with Sungmin. He stares at someone standing behind Yesung. That person was smiling at him all friendlylike. "Hyung, can I ask one more thing?" he asks.

Yesung laughs all of a sudden. "Yah! Why are we becoming awkward like this?" he asks. "You usually will just ask if you feel curious about something"

Kyuhyun faked a smile upon hearing him. Being quite towards him has made him used to feel awkward towards Yesung. "Who is the ajussi behind you?" he asks.

Yesung stops laughing upon hearing him. He stares behind him. "No one is behind me" he said. "Aish! You're making me scared all of a sudden"

Kyuhyun didn't say anything. Instead, he just stares at Yesung confusedly. How come he can't see that Ajussi behind him?.

Yesung sighs. "I'll call the doctor" he said. "Maybe you're hallucinating" he adds before leaving the room.

The man claps his hand before walking towards the bed, where Kyuhyun is currently staring at him confusedly. "That was a good show, right?" he asks. "It's nice to see you, Mr. Cho Kyuhyun"

Kyuhyun's eyes widened upon hearing him. "How could you know my name?" he asks.

The man laughs. "Don't be too shocked, dude" he said. "Besides, I'm the same age as your stepbrother, 31. So don't call me ajussi"

"So you know my real world?" Kyuhyun asks.

The man laughs. "Of course I know" he said. "You're the coward husband of Lee Sungmin. You know the fact that she's cheating behind you with your stepbrother, but you don't have the courage to confront them"

"Who are you?" Kyuhyun asks seriously.

"Aw, relax, dude" the man said. "You can call me Kangin. I'm here to help you fix your mistakes"

Kyuhyun raises an eyebrow. "Mistakes?"

Kangin nods. "It was right that the reason why you and your wife is about to have a divorce now is that your wife is cheating with your step brother, that's why it's their fault, but still, you still have done something wrong. Have you ever think why did she cheated on you?"

Kyuhyun can't answer. How come he doesn't think of that at all?. "But... How come Yesung hyung can't see you?" he asks.

Kangin laughs softly. "It's not only Yesung, but everyone can't see me accept you" he said. "I'm here to help you fix all your mistakes"

Kyuhyun stares at him confusedly. "But what are those mistakes?" he asks.

Kangin shrugs his shoulder. "It's for you to find out" he said. "But one thing is for sure, if you can't fix your mistakes, then you in your present will stay in a coma condition untill you can fix everything, and your wife will keeps on waiting for you while your stepbroter will keeps on feeling guilty towards you"

Kyuhyun laughs bitterly. "If only she'll wait for me like that" he said.

Kangin smiles as he gets a wheelchair. "If she's not waiting for you, then let's make her wait for you" he said.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

"But... Are you sure that Minnie is going to come here?" Kyuhyun asks Kangin when they are already at the hospital's park.

Kangin sighs. "Of course she will!" he said. "Just like 7 years ago"

"But... You said that everything will change?" Kyuhyun asks.

Kangin rolls his eyes at him. "I thought you're a gamer?" he asks. "I said, I'm here to help you fix your mistakes. In other word, I give you chance to reset your life"

"So... You mean, just like in games, I'll still be meeting the same oponent? Only this time I already know what will happen if I do the same thing as before?" Kyuhyun asks.

"Exactly!" Kangin said as he snaps his fingers at him. "Or it can also be like adventure games"

"Adventure games?"

"Yeah. Adventure games" Kangin said. "Where they told you to choose between door 1 and door 2. Firstly, you choose door 1, and it turns out that the oponents in door 1 is harder to beat than the oponents in the door 2, so you decided to press the reset button, and choose door 2 instead"

"So you mean I need to choose between marrying Minnie again or letting her be?" Kyuhyun asks.

Kangin shrugs his shoulder. "It's your choice to repeat the same mistake, or not" he said.

"Aish! You're really no help!" Kyuhyun said.

"I'm not going to tell you which is your mistake and which isn't your mistake" Kangin said seriously. "I only going to help you, as in, driving the storyline of your life, so that it won't change that much. You'll still meet that Lee Sungmin girl today, here. Things will still be going as it is. Only, this time you already know what to do. It's your choice whether you want to do the same thing or not"

Kyuhyun was about to say something when suddenly someone taps his shoulder. It was Sungmin, she was smiling sweetly towards him.

Kyuhyun can never deny it. His heart will always beats fastly everytime he'll see her smile like this. It will always do just like the first time he'd saw her. He smiles when he realized that he finally feels the warm feeling again instead of feeling hurt after almost a year.

Sungmin blushes a little when he sees his smile. 'He is kinda handsome' she thought. But she quickly shook that thought off. 'No! ert Minnie! You can't think something like that! Not for now'. She flashes her sweetest smile--again. "You're Cho Kyuhyun, right?" she asks.

Kyuhyun nods. "Yes, what can I help you, little girl?" he asks teasingly, mainly because he knows that Sungmin will pouts whenever he'll call her little girl. She's a beautiful and y grown up woman, she said.

And he was right. Sungmin pouted his lips. "I'm not a little girl! I'm already 18 years old!" she said.

Kyuhyun laughs at her reaction. "Still, you're younger than me" he said.

Sungmin pouts. "Aish!" she said. "It was just two years! Two. Damned. Years"

Kyuhyun flashes a not-so-obvious smile upon seeing her reaction. It's been so long since he like this. 'Maybe it's not really bad to stay in this world forever' he thought sadly. But he quickly shook his head and stick to his acting. He had planned everything. He can't ruin it just because he loves her. "Ah, by the way, how could you know my name?" he asks. "You even know my age. Are you a stalker?"

Sungmin's eyes widened. "What? Me? Stalker? Heol!" she said. "Fyi, I'm pretty famous in my school! I know that from your parents, okay! I'm the girl who's in the car on the accident! I'm the one who called ambulance!"

"Ah, so you're the girl who made me like this?" Kyuhyun asks. "Heol. Couples these days. Having a date just like a married couple and then breaking up just like a divorced couple"

"Aish! You're really--!" Sungmin said. "By the way, how could you know?"

Kyuhyun gulps nervously. He's not supposed to know this! No one has told him!. But then he remembered the real plot where Yesung supposed to tell him about the accident. "My brother told me" he said.

Sungmin's expression suddenly changed. It was really indescribable. "Yesung Oppa did that?" she asks.

Kyuhyun's eyes widened in shock. "How could you know him?" he asks suspiciously.

Sungmin pouted. "Heol. I'm pretty close with your family since I keeps on visiting you everyday before you got your consciousness" she said. "Anyway, I was just here to say sorry to you, but seeing you like this. Heol. I take back my sorry!"

Kyuhyun laughs. "Whatever, little girl" he said.

"I'm not a little girl! I'm already 18 years old!" Sungmin said. "And I have a name! It's Lee Sungmin, Minnie. Arasseo?!"

"Minnie? Minnie Mouse?" Kyuhyun asks teasingly.

"Aish! Whatever!" Sungmin said.

Kyuhyun smiles. He holds Sungmin's hand which makes her blushes a little. "Arasseo, little Minnie" he said. He kisses her hand which makes her blushes profusely. "Mickey will be looking forward to see you later"

Sungmin quickly takes her hands away. "Aish! Why did you do that?!" she asks, still blushing. "And who are you calling Mickey?!"

"Me" Kyuhyun said. "If you're Minnie, then I'm mickey"

Sungmin blushes even more, but she quickly shook her head. "Heol! No!" she said. "Mickey is a good guy unlike you!" she adds before leaving.

Kyuhyun laughs upon seeing her reaction. "See you later, Minnie!" he said as he stares at her back that is getting further.

"That's such a great script" Kangin said. "You're trying to make her hate you, but you also trying to make her love you at the same time"

Kyuhyun laughs softly. "It's called strategies" he said. "This time, she'll fall in love with me, slowly, but surely. And when she does, I'll not accept her directly. I'll play hard to get first, so she'll realize how important I am"

Kangin laughs. "That's a great strategy. So you're having a revenge, huh?" he asks.

"Not really" Kyuhyun said. He sighs. "Ajussi, am I a really too nice person? Even when you gave me this chance to reset everything, I don't even think to have revenge against them"

Kangin sighs. "Yes you are" he said. "You're too nice to the step that you're stupid because of it"

Kyuhyun laughs bitterly. "Aish, now that I'm here, I suddenly remembered how life was so easy for me" he said. "I can get any girl that I want just by smiling at them, everyone in the school was my friend, I can even get anything that I want just by pointing at it. Maybe this is what I got for thinking that life is too easy"

There was a moment of silent. "Yeah, and that perfect guy suddenly becomes stupid just because of his wife and his stepbrother" Kangin said.

Kyuhyun shots him a death glare. "Ajussi! I'm serious here!" he said.

Kangin laughs. He ruffles Kyuhyun's hair. "Don't be too serious" he said. "Remember what you're here for. To return that easy life of yours"

He was about to say something again when Yesung comes.

"So here you are" Yesung said. "Me, the doctors and even Umma and Appa are looking for you"

"How could you know that I'm here?" Kyuhyun asks confusedly. This hospital is huge, there was no way for him to find him this quick.

"Minnie told me" Yesung said. "Now, let's go" he said as he pushed Kyuhyun's wheelchair.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

"Oh? Wookie, you're here?" Kyuhyun asks when he got to his room.

Ryeowook smiles at him before she ran towards him and hugs him tightly. "Oppa! I'm glad that you're fine" she said. "But... Yesung Oppa said that you're hallucinating awhile ago... That's why the doctors are here to examine you, was that true?"

Kyuhyun cursed in his mind upon hearing her. 'Aish, I forgot that' he thought. He quickly laughs awkwardly to cover it. "I-- I was just kidding!" he said. "I just want to scare him but it turns out that he take it seriously"

Yesung's eyes widened. "So you're fine?" he asks. "Great, Kyu. You just made a complete fool of me"

Everyone in the room laughs upon seeing his reaction.

"Aish! Doctor! Why did you laugh at me too?" Yesung asks.

The doctor just shook his head. "Well, then if there's nothing wrong, I guess I'll just have to go" he said before bowing his head towards Hankyung and Heechul before leaving the room.

Kyuhyun was shock when Sungmin is also inside the room. "Oh, little Minnie, why are you here?" he asks.

Sungmin stuck her tongue out at him. "Don't be too confident. I'm not visiting you. I'm here to visit Heechul Umma and Hankyung Appa" she said.

"Heol. You even called my parents with Umma and Appa" Kyuhyun said. "So you really want to be my wife?

Sungmin's eyes widened as she blushed profusely. "What?" she asks. "Hell, no! I called them them that because they're the one who told me!"

Hankyung laughs upon seeing their little argument. "I never told her to call me like that" he lied.

"Appa!" Sungmin said. "Aish!"

"Uhm... Oppa, who is she?" Ryeowook asks, feeling a bit jealous because Sungmin seems close with Kyuhyun.

"She? Ah, that girl is just some kind of my fan, don't mind her" Kyuhyun said.

Sungmin's eyes widened. "What? No! Don't believe him! I'm just someone who knows him from this accident" she said. "My name is Lee Sungmin. You can call me Minnie"

Ryeowook smiles. "It's nice to see you, Minnie" she said. She turns towards Kyuhyun. "Ah, Oppa, I brought some bulgogi for you. I cooked it by myself" she said as she puts the lunchbox that she's holding on top of the table.

"Really? Thanks Wookie" Kyuhyun said. He turns towards Sungmin. "No, little Minnie, girls must have to be like Wookie. Caring, and knows how to cook. Unlike you who only knows how to sulk"

"What?" Sungmin asks. "Whatever! I don't want to be your girl though!"

"Heol. The more you said it, the more you beg me in the future" Kyuhyun said teasingly.

"You wish!" Sungmin said which makes Ryeowook laughs softly. The all turn towards her. "Why are you laughing? I thought you liked him. You're supposed to be jealous" Sungmin asks.

Ryeowook laughs softly. "Aish, it's not like that" she said. "But you guys seemed so cute"

"That's right, Minnie and Kyu will be such a cute couple" Heechul said teasingly. "Ah, no, maybe it'll be better if it's Minnie and Kyunnie?"

Hankyung laughs. "Honey, yo're still the queen of creating nicknames" he said.

"Aish! Why did you become like this?!" Sungmin asks as she pouts which makes the whole room except her laughing.

But there's someone who also didn't laugh with them. And that person was staring at the crowd with jealousy.

It was Yesung.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

Sungmin walks inside her and Kyuhyun's house which quickly welcomed by a bunch of housemaids.

"Ma'am, is sir Kyuhyun okay?" asks the head maid.

Sungmin stares at the big frame of her and Kyuhyun's wedding picture. "I don't know" she said weakly. "I'm just here to get some clothes because I'm going to stay at the hospital to look after him"

There was a moment of silent. Sungmin was still staring at their wedding picture. Both of them looked so happy back then. And Kyuhyun seemed... Much healthier than he is now, at least his cheek were still chubbier than it is now. He's too thin. Mainly because he skipped his meal a lot of times and Sungmin was too busy with her affair with Yesung to care. Tears starts forming in her eyes as she walks towards the frame. She caress the picture softly. "I'm sorry..." she whispers. "I failed to take care of you... I'm sorry..."

The head maid stares at her sadly. "I'm sorry Ma'am... But... I think... It's better for sir to die..." she said.

Sungmin stares at her. "What do you mean?" she asks.

"I'm sorry if I may sounds rude, but... He has been suffering a lot since almost a year ago. He's not the person that we knew anymore. He'd changed. He never smiled anymore, I only saw him cried ever since"  the head maid said. "The day that accident happened, the morning, actually sir saw you and young master Yesung kissed, but he pretended that he doesn't see it. I think it's better if he dies instead of living but feels like dead since you keeps on hurting him"

Sungmin's hands trembling upon hearing her. Was it true? Does Kyuhyun really knows it? But if he does, why would he hide it?. "Shut up, Ajumma!" she raised her voice at her. "Don't meddle on my life"

The head maid bows at her. "I'm sorry, Ma'am" she said.

Sungmin just sighs before going inside her and Kyuhyun's room. She sat on the bed. Kyuhyun's perfume smell still lingers on that room which makes her tears fall uncontrolably. She wipes her tears. "Aish. Why did I cried? I don't even love you" she whispers as she gets the frame of their picture on the bedside table. It was the photo of them taken during their honeymoon in paris. They were smiling happily towards the camera. "Aish, Lee Sungmin. You're such the best actress. How could you smile like that? When you don't even love him back then... You're only hurting yourself"

She quickly puts down the frame when she heard a phone rings. It wasn't her phone. The source of the noise was inside the drawer, so she opened it.

It was kyuhyun's phone.

She takes it and rejects the call before turning it off. "Aish, how could he become so careless?" she asks. "He left his phone"

She was about to put it back when suddenly she notices a yellow folder on the drawer. "What is this?" she asks as she gets the folder and opens it.

Her eyes widened as she fell on the floor due to shock. It was a photo of her and Yesung, kissing passionately.

'So he knows everything?" Sungmin thought as she stares at the pictures.

All this time she has been acting like she's the one who has been hurt the most in this relationship, but no. She's wrong.

Kyuhyun is the one who's hurt. He knows, but he decided to hide it. 'Why did he hides it? Why don't he just tell me?' she thought.

Now she knows how hurt Kyuhyun is.

It's not her that is hurt the most in this relationship.

It's Kyuhyun.

 

 

To be continued....

 

 

 

Comments and suggestions were highly appreciated!^^