The Wedding Plan

Reset

Chapter 9: The Wedding Plan

A/n: sorry if this chapter is a bit boring, I'm kinda out of idea ><
And btw I just realized I didn't think any single stuff about Kyu being enlisted in this fic--thanks knetz for keeps on telling him to enlist. And since he's not a public figure in this fic, he's supposed to enlist in his early 20s (the faster the better), and before he got married. But once more, this stupid author forgot everything about enlistment--". So I hv some things to change:
Kyu enlists right a month after their marriage, and since Min starts cheating on him on year 2 of their marriage (and you know that's not possible since you know her reason to cheat on him from chapter 5-sorry. He hasn't finished his military services yet). So I changed it. She started cheating on him on year 3 of their marriage. So it's only been 4 years, not 5. If you don't understand this explanation--because I don't really understand the way I explained XD, just re-read previous chapters because I'm going to edit it.
Sorry if I confused you ><

Song rec: Super Junior K.R.Y.-Dorothy

"What took him so long?" Yesung asks as he stares at his watch.
It's been 30 minutes since he told Kyuhyun to chase Sungmin and he hasn't showed up untill now. And Heechul has been calling him, asking him whether he knows where Kyuhyun is--Heechul and Hangeng has become superprotective of him since that accident. He needs to tell them if he's going to go home after 6 p.m. so that they'll know. "Did something bad happened to him?" he asks--well, he needs to admit that he has been affected by Heechul's overprotectiveness. A bit.
He sighs. 'I guess I'll just go and see what's going on' he thought as he left the park and went to the nearest bus stop.
He was confused to see crowd in the bus stop, so he decided to come closer.
His eyes widened when he see Sungmin, kneeling in front of Kyuhyun who is currently staring at her in shock.
It hurts. He knows what Sungmin is about to do. Maybe he knows. But how he wish she didn't. "What is she doing there?" he asks.
And maybe he said it a bit too loud that the girl beside him heard him. "That girl is proposing to her boyfriend" she said. She laughs softly "She's really weird"
That's when tears start forming in Yesung's eyes. He knows that he has decided to let go. But something in his heart tells him to be selfish.
Well, it's not yet fixed that they are going to get married right?. However, they are still young, and Kyuhyun is the type of guy who would want to reach his career first. He would not want to get married at such a young age. He's just 20. There's still 10 more years untill he reach the normal age to get married.
"Minnie, are you proposing me?" Kyuhyun finally asks after a few seconds of silent. "I mean... You're a girl"
"I know I may sounded easy because I proposed you first, but I don't care" Sungmin said. "I got jealous as hell whenever you're with another girl and I can't erase you from my mind even if I tried. It can't be anyone else. It has to be you. Will you marry me?"
Yesung tries his best not to make any noise. Sungmin never said 'I love you' even just once towards him. But that's okay, he can understand. Maybe that's what called the girl's ego. But now? She's proposing marriage to a man.
"Minnie, stand up" Kyuhyun said which makes him looked up.
'Please. I know that this is mean, but just reject her' he thought. 'So that at least I'll have more time to prepare myself'
"Yes, or no?" Sungmin asks.
"I said stand up"
"Was that a no?" Sungmin asks sadly. "Please think twice. I do this only for you"
Yesung sighs. This is enough. He doesn't want to hear any further. Lee Sungmin. His Lee Sungmin. The girl he loves. The girl he chases for almost a year. Now she's begging a man to accept her. And worst, that man is not him. It's his brother.
The man whose life is so different from his.
Kyuhyun laughs. "I won't think twice" he said. Sungmin looks down "I do" he adds which makes Sungmin looked up and everyone cheers happily at them.
And the next thing he can see is them, kissing as people around him keeps on cheering happily at them.
Yesung sighs as tears starts rolling down his cheeks.
One thing he learned today:
Letting go of someone you love wasn't that easy.
But he needs to let go, or else he'll hurt someone else. Again.
"I can't let anyone else be hurt anymore" he mumbles as he turns his back and walks away.
At the end, the second lead is the one who needs to leave, hurting himself while letting the people he loves be happy with the first lead.


~~~***~~~


Sungmin looked up after a few minutes. Kyuhyun is still hugging her tight. "But... Are you okay with all of this?" she asks. "I'm still a high school student and you're still a college student. I'm just 18 while you're just 20. You're still supposed to enjoy your freedom. Are you sure you want to let go of all those freedom?"
Kyuhyun smiles upon hearing her. She'd ask him the exact same question, 7 years ago, before they got married. "Now, let me ask you, Ms. Lee, are you sure?" he asks, isntead of answering to her question.
Sungmin pouts. "I'm asking you" she said.
"And I'm also asking you" Kyuhyun said.
"Of course I'm sure. I don't need anymore freedom if that does mean that I can't be with you. My happiness is you, not those freedom. At least, when my friends were busy talking about their relationship with their couples, asking when will they marry them, I'll be talking about my husband and kids"
"But you're still in high school, are you really sure?" Kyuhyun asks.
"Well... I'm going to tell my school about this. And you also need to tell your college about this--well, if it's necessary. I don't really know. I'm not yet a college student" Sungmin said. "And I'm not going to miss any education. I'll still study hard as I'm being your wife, and I'll still get into the art major of Seoul university"
"Art major? Why?" Kyuhyun asks, pretending that he doesn't know that Sungmin loves arts.
"Well... Because I love arts. Especially paintings" she said as she smiles happily. "And you? Are you sure you want to marry me?"
"As sure as you are" Kyuhyun said as he smiles towards her.
"I'm not as perfect as Wookie Unnie, and there are a lot of other girls who loves you" Sungmin said. "Besides, I'm an adopted child of my family"
"So? I don't care whether you're adopted or what. The only thing I care about is you're Lee Sungmin, the girl that I love" Kyuhyun said as he caresses her blushing cheeks.
Sungmin blushed even more upon hearing him. She hits his chest gently. "You're too cheesy" she said as she rest her head on his chest.
Kyuhyun laughs softly. He was about to say something when a car stopped in front of them. An old man walks out of that car.
"Excuse me, young lady" the old man said, which makes her lets go of Kyuhyun and looks at the old man.
"Ah, Park Ajussi" Sungmin said as she smiles sheepishly towards the old man. She turns towards Kyuhyun. "Well... My driver's here. See you later"
Kyuhyun nods. "I'll fetch you tomorrow"
Sungmin raises an eyebrow. "Why?"
"Well... I need to talk to your parents, right?" Kyuhyun asks which makes her blushes even more. "And you need to talk to my parents too"
Sunmin covers her blushing face. "Aish, you don't have to say that in front of Park Ajussi" she said before walking towards the car.
While the old man just stares at them confusedly.
"Well, see you tomorrow" Kyuhyun said teasingly as he waves his hand at her.
While Sungmin just covers her face shyly as she sat inside her car. "I can't believe that I'n getting married with him!" she said. She lets go of her face. "But... Why he never approached me first?"
There's a moment of silent. "Well, maybe he's just shy to express it" she adds before she continue to spazz over what just happened awhile ago.


~~~***~~~


Sungmin opens her eyes when she heard some noises. She straightened her back upon seeing doctor Song who is currently checking on Kyuhyun's condition.
Which didn't get any better even after 3 months has passed.
Doctor Song smiles at her. "How's your condition, Mrs. Cho?" he asks.
Sungmin smiles awkwardly at him. "I'm fine. Sorry I don't realize you came here" she said.
Doctor Song just laughs softly. "That's fine. Besides, I'm sure that you're really tired. You never left this room. You didn't even left this room today even though today is christmas' eve" he said which makes Sungmin's smile vanished. "You must really love him. He's so lucky to have you"
Sungmin stares at Kyuhyun who is still sleeping, just like 3 months ago. "No. I'm lucky to have him" she mumbles sadly. She turns towards Doctor Song. "Doctor, is there any way he would wake up?"
Doctor Song sighs as he changes Kyuhyun's IV. "There is" he said which makes Sungmin sighs in relief. "But we don't know when. It depends on him"
"Depends on him? What do you mean?"
Doctor Song sighs. "Patient Cho Kyuhyun is fine. No matter how many times I checked on him, he's already fine. All his wounds, internal or external were healed" he said. "But, for some reason, he's not yet woken up from his coma. I'm sorry Mrs. Cho, but I have to say that your husband doesn't want to wake up"
Tears starts forming in Sungmin's eyes upon hearing him. "What?"
"Well... I know as a doctor, it's really weird for me to say all this not scientifically proved thing, but... You see, your husband is fully recovered. He just haven't open his eyes yet" Doctor Song said. "It seems like he just doesn't want to wake up--"
"So you mean that accident happened on purpose? He did that because he wants to die?" Sungmin asks.
"I--I didn't said so" Doctor Song said. He stares at Kyuhyun who is still sleeping. "But maybe"
Sungmin didn't say anything. If Kyuhyun really doesn't want to wake up, she knows the reason really well. It's all her fault.
"Well... But maybe it's not like that"
'Maybe' Sungmin thought sadly upon hearing him. "I understand" she said as she pretends to be fine. "Thank you, Doctor Song"
Doctor Song just nods at her. "But, if this condition continues for more than 6 months, I'm afraid that you need to let him go" he said.
"W-What?"
"You see, the only thing that made him still here right now is just those life-supporting stuffs" Doctor Song said. "If this condition continues for more than a half year, I'm afraid that you need to consider letting him go"
"No. I won't let him go" Sungmin said. "It's only 6 months. Some people even waited for years!"
"And only 10% of those people woke up" Doctor Song said. "This is for his best"
Tears starts rolling down Sungmin's cheek. "I--I even haven't been a good wife to him. I haven't apologized to him. He's even not yet 30. I haven't spent a decade with him. And we haven't have a child yet. There's--there's so much I need to do" she said. "I can't let him go. He can't leave me here, with all this regrets. He need to at least forgive me and let me made him happy"
Doctor Song stares at her sadly. "Well, we still have 3 months left, right?" he asks. "Just hope some miracles will happen" he adds before leaving the room.
Sungmin wipes her tears before she holds Kyuhyun's hand. "Is that right? What Doctor Song told me? You don't want to wake up?" she asks. But of course, there's no answer from Kyuhyun. "Aren't you tired of sleeping?"
There was a moment of silent. "I miss your eyes. The way you look at me. So would you show it to me?" she asks as she starts crying again.
"What did you do in there? What makes you wants to stay there? Did you meet another girl? Did you forget me?" she asks. "Whatever is that, would you please comeback from your strange journey? I miss you here"
She wipes her tears as she stands up and kissed his forehead. "Please. Tell me that what Doctor Song said is wrong. You still want to wake up. You want to see me" she said. "Kyunnie, I'm afraid" she whispers. "What if you fearlessly go to far and disappear? What if you forget all about me? Will you remember of our happy days? The day I fall for you, the day you fall for me, the day you confessed to me, and even the day I proposed you? You were smiling on those days"
"Please wake up for me. I know I'm so stupid for ruining our happiness. That's why, you need to wake up and let me correct that" Sungmin said. "If you want me to let you go, did you forgot what you said the last time we met? You said that you won't let me go even if you die. And so does me, I won't let you go even if I die. And I don't care even if the whole world oppose me. Just let me correct all my mistakes. Please. You're not going to leave me just like Umma and Appa, right?"


~~~***~~~


Heechul were currently cooking at the kitchen when Kyuhyun and Yesung entered the kitchen quietly. They were planning to surprise her.
"Cho Yesung, Cho Kyuhyun, I know you're there" Heechul said right before they could pats her shoulder to shock her.
Yesung is the first to response by laughing awkwardly. "Oh, Umma, how could you know that we're behind you?" he asks.
"Mainly because of your footsteps?" Heechul asks. She turns towards Kyuhyun and Yesung who is currently smiling awkwardly towards her. "Seriously, do you guys really want your beautiful mother to die because of heart attack?"
"Aish, Umma, don't say something like that. We just want to have a little fun early in the morning, right hyung?" Kyuhyun asks as he stares at Yesung.
Heechul shots a dead glare towards them. "So scaring me to dead is a new fun for you?" she asks.
"No, no, no" Yesung quickly defend himself. "That's what Kyu wants. I just want to help you cooking"
Heechul raises an eyebrow. "Since when did Captain Yesung interested in things that doesn't even have anything to do with planes?" she asks.
"Well... Since today?" Yesung asks awkwardly as he rolls the sleeves of his shirt.
"Me too, we don't want to tire you that much" Kyuhyun adds as he rolls the sleeves of his shirt too.
Heechul sighs. "Ok, I guess I need to stop both of you before you could kill everyone" she said.
Yesung pouts. "Fine, we'll just watch"
Heechul laughs as she shook her head at them. "Seriously, if you really wants to prank me, why bother lying?" she asks. "You guys are really weird" she adds as she continues cooking.
There's a moment of silent as none of them were talking.
'Maybe this is the right time to tell her the truth' Kyuhyun thought as he stares at Heechul's serious face.
In his previous life, he told her bluntly that he's getting married which makes her shock--well, her 20 years old son who is still a college student, who just got an accident, suddenly said he's getting married. Who wouldn't be shocked?.
"Umma?"
Heechul raises her eyebrow, signaling him that she's listening.
"I broke up with Wookie"
That's when Heechul looks at him. "Why?" she asks.
"I... I love someone else" Kyuhyun said.
Heechul's eyes widened. "Did you cheat on her?" she asks suspiciously.
Kyuhyun shook his head. "No" he said quickly. 'Not directly' he adds in mind. "It's just that she realized that I don't love her, so... She broke up with me"
Heechul sighs. "She must be really hurt" she said. "What a good girl she is to sacrifice her own happiness for you. She's a beautiful girl though. I'm sure she'll fine her Mr. Right soon"
There's a moment of silent. Kyuhyun stares at Yesung who just nods his head, gesturing that it's okay if he tell Heechul now.
After that incident, Kyuhyun told Yesung about everything, and of course he pretended that he doesn't know anything, and pretended to be happy for him when in fact he's really hurt.
"And I just got proposed by a girl" Kyuhyun said.
Heechul nods. "That's great" she said.
There's a moment of silent before she finally stopped whatever she's doing and turns towards Kyuhyun who is currently on her right side. "Wait a minute, do I heard it right? A GIRL just PROPOSED YOU?"
Kyuhyun nods. "Yes. A girl just proposed me yesterday"
"Propose, as in asking you to be her husband?"
Kyuhyun nods.
"Who's that girl? I like her style" Heechul said. "Lots of girls these days thinks of their pride too much"
"It's Minnie" Kyuhyun said.
"Minnie, as in Lee Sungmin? She did?" Heechul asks.
Kyuhyun nods. "You can ask Yesung hyung" he said.
Heechul turns towards Yesung. "Yesung, you know everything but you didn't tell me?"
"Well... I thought it's better if you hear it directly from Kyu" Yesung said as he fakes a smile.
Heechul turns towards Kyuhyun. "What did you say?"
"I said yes" Kyuhyun said which makes Heechul squeals in happiness.
"What's with the noise?" Hankyung asks as he enters the kitchen.
"Oh my god, honey, you'll never guess what just happened" Heechul said.
Hankyung raises an eyebrow confusedly.
"Our baby is getting married!" Heechul said happily.
"Wait. Baby... You mean, this kid?!" Hankyung asks in shock as he pointed towards Kyuhyun.
"Yes, who else? He's the youngest here" Heechul said. "Minnie just proposed him yesterday. And he said yes"
"Minnie proposed him?" Hankyung asks. "But... Honey, I'm afraid that they are both too young for this"
"Oh come on, don't be such a kill joy, they are already in the right age to get married" Heechul said.
"Look, all I'm trying to point out is... Our son even haven't done his military services" Hankyung said.
And just like 7 years ago, Kyuhyun forgot all about military services untill Hankyung brought the topic up. "Well... Maybe I could take a break from my school for two years?" he asks, suggesting the exact same thing that happened 7 years ago.
"And leaving your wife for two years?" Hankyung asks.
"It's not like I won't go back at all during those 2 years" Kyuhyun said.
"The problem is, don't you think you're a little bit too young?" Hankyung asks.
Kyuhyun knows that. He even thinks of the same thing since 7 years ago.
"Well... I guess that's fine" Yesung said. "As long as he wants it?"
"Yesung, marriage life is not about wanting and not wanting. It's about a bond. A serious bond" Hankyung said. He turns towards Kyuhyun. "Besides, don't you have Ryeowook?"
"I broke up with her"
Hankyung sighs. "Are you sure? You're still too young. Your future awaits you" he said. "I just don't want you to regret your decision"
"I've said yes. And a man will never take his words back" Kyuhyun said. "And about my future, I'll still meet it without any regrets"
Hankyung nods as he smiles at him. "That's my boy" he said. "Remember your words"
Kyuhyun nods. "Thanks, Appa"
"Great! Now, you need to meet her today, ask for her parents' blessings, and invite her and her family here for a dinner!" Heechul said. "You guys have my full support"
"Aish, really, it felt like it's just yesterday that you were born" Hankyung said. "And now you were getting married. Even before Yesung"
Heechul laughs softly. "That's right. When is your turn, Yesung?" she asks.
Yesung sighs. "I'll be in a slow relationship. I'm not going to have an LTE speed relationship like someone else" he said as he stares at Kyuhyun which makes everyone laughs.
But inside, he was thinking. 'If only I could fell in love with someone else' he thought as he fakes a smile.
Whether he like it or not, Sungmin is getting married. He needs to let go of her.


~~~***~~~


Sungmin opens her eyes slowly as she heard her cellphone rings. She gets her phone on top of the bedside table without getting up. She smiles upon reading the caller ID. It was Kyuhyun. She slides the touchscreen to answer the call.
"Why did you call me early in the morning?" she asks.
She can hear Kyuhyun laughs on the other line. "Is that a proper way of answering a call from your future husband?" he asks.
Sungmin just smiles. "Okay, fine, good morning, my handsome future husband. Why did you call me early in the morning?" she asks.
"Excuse me, firstly, thanks for the compliment, second, my future wife, it's already 12.30, and you still call it early morning?" Kyuhyun asks.
Sungmin raises an eyebrow as she stares at the clock. Kyuhyun's right. It's already 12.30. She was shock, of course, but she tried to cover it as possible. "Well, it's weekend anyway, who will wake up so early?" she asks.
"I hope you didn't forgot what I said yesterday" Kyuhyun said. "You can ask your driver if you did"
Sungmin thinks for a while before ahe stares at her cellphone in horror. "Don't tell me that you're already in front of my house?" she asks.
She can hear Kyuhyun laughs--again. "Look at your window" he said.
Sungmin quickly gets up and walks towards the window. And she can see Kyuhyun's car parked outside of her house.
"You're still inside your car?" Sungmin asks.
"And you're still inside your bedroom?" Kyuhyun asks her back instead.
"But... Wait, how could you know that my room's window is facing the front yard?"
There's a moment of silent before Kyuhyun laughs awkwardly. "Well... It's um... I was just guessing" he said. "Anyway, do you want me to go straight inside and ring the doorbell and explain everything to your parents including the part where you proposed me first, or you want to go here and explain it with me?"
Sungmin rolls her eyes at him. "Is that even a choice?" she asks.
Kyuhyun laughs. "No" he said. "Go here, now"
Sungmin sighs. "Fine, 10 minutes"
"Five"
"Are you crazy? Oh well, maybe you don't understand, but a man can always show up in front of someone he loves after preparing himself for only 3 minutes, but a woman can never show up in front of someone she loves without taking a shower, blow drying her hair, dressed nicely, putting on some make up, at least just some cushion and lip tint, and of course perfume, which won't take less than 10 minutes"
Kyuhyun laughs. "I like you just the way you are, though" he said.
Sungmin sighs. "Oh, you just don't know" she said.
She can hear Kyuhyun snickers. "Well, I don't know" he said, which sounded a bit like sarcasm, but she ignored it. "Well, since I'm a good person, see you in 30 minutes" he adds before he ends the call.
Sungmin rolls her eyes. "If he's a good person, then I'm afraid to see the bad person" she said as she puts her cellphone on top of the bedside table. She holds her chest, where her heart is beating fastly. "I can't believe that in less than an hour, my parents will know that I'm getting married. And worst, I'm the one who proposed first. Aish, why did I proposed him first? Yah, Lee Sungmin, where's your pride! You should've wait him do that!" she said to herself as she walks towards the bathroom.


~~~***~~~


Kyuhyun smiles as he stares at his cellphone.
"Are you really happy?" Kangin asks, showing out of nowhere.
Kyuhyun shrugs. "I don't know. I feels like I want to be happy, but I'm afraid that everything were just temporary" he said.
Kangin raises an eyebrow. "Why would you think so?" he asks.
"Well... This is too good to be true. Back then, I'm always the one to hold on while she's the one to let go" Kyuhyun said. "I just can't believe that she's holding onto me now"
Kangin laughs softly. "But seriously, she's crazy. I can't believe that she's proposing you" he said.
Kyuhyun smiles. "I kind of guessed it actually. Not with the proposing part, but I've guessed that she'll be the one who approached me first" he said.
"Why?"
"I know her. She's crazy when she wants something" Kyuhyun said. "When she wants something or someone, she must have it. Whether that person wants it or not"
There's a moment of silent. "I'm sorry, but your Minnie girl is such a " Kangin said.
"She's just immature" Kyuhyun said. "And I don't know when she will be mature"
Kangin stares at him. "What did you see on her actually?" he asks. "Well, I know she's beautiful, but, still..."
"Love came in an unexpected time towards an unexpected someone" Kyuhyun said. "We were both young when I first saw her. I was about to get mad towards her at first because however that accident is indirectly caused by her, but all my anger and hatred suddenly flew away as I look at her and her smile. It's like... I know she's the one the moment I saw her"
Kangin smiles at him. "She's your first love, right?" he asks.
Kyuhyun nods. "First and last love" he said.
"But... Now that we're talking about it, since when did you stopped talking to her?" Kangin asks hesitatedly.
Kyuhyun stares at him. "Huh? I thought you already know?" he asks.
"I don't" Kangin said. "Well... At least the whole details"
Kyuhyun sighs as he stares at the steering wheel. "It started 7 months ago" he said.
"7 months?"
"Yeah. 7 years that almost end just in 7 months" Kyuhyun said before he continues the story.


~~~***~~~


Kyuhyun was shock when he sees Sungmin waiting for him in front of the door. "Minnie? What are you doing here? You're supposed to be asleep"
He went home at almost midnight after all those emergency meetings at work. He actually wants to go home earlier, so he can celebrate their 7th wedding anniversary with Sungmin, but just as he was about to go home, something bad happened at the company, and he needs to take care of it, immediately.
"I'm waiting for you" Sungmin said as she smiles at him.
Kyuhyun sighs in relief upon seeing her smile. "Thanks god. I thought you're mad at me" he said.
Sungmin just smiles awkwardly as an answer.
"I have something to tell you" they both said in unison.
"You first" Sungmin said.
"No, you first" Kyuhyun said.
"No, it's not that important. You first"
"No, ladies first"
There's a moment of silent before Sungmin let out a sigh. "Fine. I'll tell you first" she said. She gave him the envelope that she has been hiding behind her back. "Please read this"
Kyuhyun raises an eyebrow in confusion, but he still gets that envelope and reads it. That's a divorce letter. And Sungmin already signed it. He looked up and find Sungmin staring at him. "What do you mean by this?" he asks.
"I want a divorce"
"But... Why?" Kyuhyun asks. "It's been 7 years. We're doing fine for those 7 years. Why all of a sudden--"
Sungmin shook her head. "No, we're not doing fine" she said. "You never have time for me, even just a second!"
"I never have time for you?" Kyuhyun asks. "Fine. I admit that. I may be too busy sometimes. But why you just said it now? Why not the moment you start thinking that I'm too busy?"
There's a moment of silent as Sungmin didn't know what to say. "I--"
"Just tell me that you're lying. You don't want a divorce, right?"
Sungmin shook her head. "No, I want it. I'm not lying" she said. "I can't live like this anymore. I want to separate from you"
"But... What about me?" Kyuhyun asks. "You don't want to live like this, but I want. You're my happiness. I can never be happy without you"
"You can before you meet me" Sungmin said. "Don't be selfish. Think about me"
"That's before I meet you!" Kyuhyun said. He raises his voice a bit. "When did I become selfish on you?"
"When you ignore me for those meetings!"
"Is that even selfish? Do you think I'm not tired? Don't you know that I missed you everytime I'm away from you?" Kyuhyun said. "It's all for you. So you can enjoy your life, and you'll never feel the feeling of being abandoned once more. In which part am I being selfish?"
"You don't understand. I need some attention"
"Why I felt like you're just trying to put the blame on me?" Kyuhyun asks. "I'm sorry Minnie, but I can't believe your reason"
"Please just let me go"
"If I let you go, then what about me?"
"You'll be fine. You'll be happy without me" Sungmin said. "There are a lot of girls out there who loves you even more than me"
"But there's no one I love more than you"
Sungmin sighs. "Please, Kyu, don't be like this"
There's a moment of silent. Sungmin just can't understand his feelings. "Then how should I react?" Kyuhyun asks. "My wife is asking for a divorce without a relevant reason. How should I react?"
"If you really love me, you would let me go"
Kyuhyun sighs before he knelt down in front of her. "Minnie, seriously, I actually don't know what I do wrong, but please, just give me a second chance" he said. "I promise, I'll give you anything that you want. Just don't ask for a divorce. I beg you"
There's a moment of silent. "Kyu, stand up" she said.
"No"
"Please" Sungmin said which makes him stand up. "Just let me go"
"No before you tell me your real reason" Kyuhyun said. "Do you love someone else? Who is he? What does he have that I don't?"
Sungmin stares right into his eyes. It was dark, as usual. But she can see that he's hurt. His face expression was all normal, but his eyes tells everything. "Are you accusing me of cheating?"
Kyuhyun flashes a smirk. "So that's true?" he said. "So you're just trying to put the blame on me?"
That's when Sungmin slapped him as hard as she could. "You've changed" she said. "You're no longer the man that loves me for years. Just sign that divorce letter" she adds before she walks towards their room.
Kyuhyun holds her arm to prevent her from leaving. "No, Minnie. I'm sorry. Please reconsider all of this"
"There's nothing to reconsider" Sungmin said coldly.
"Our future? What about our plans?" Kyuhyun asks.
"You're the one who didn't stick to it" Sungmin said before she pulls her arm from his hand.
"Minnie, please. I'm nothing without you" Kyuhyun said weakly.
Sungmin turned to face him. She shook her head. "No. You can even get everything without me" she said. "Just sign that divorce letter" she adds before she enters their room.
Kyuhyun sighs as soon she left. He took out a box from his trench coat's pocket. It was a bracelet, a gift for their 7th year anniversary. "Do you even remember what day is today?" he asks.
He was about to put the box on top of the table, so Sungmin will realize it the next morning when he notices something on the floor. It was a necklace. And Kyuhyun knows who the owner of that necklace is.
It's Yesung's necklace. The one his mother gave him before she left him at the orphanage, or so does he said.
That's when he remembers what Changmin told him a few years ago.
Kyuhyun shook his head. No. Maybe it wasn't Yesung's--lots of people have the same kind of necklace, right?. He kneeled down to pick it up.
Yesung's name was engraved in that necklace. Kim Yesung. His name before he got adopted.
Kyuhyun's eyes widened as he read the name engraved in that necklace. He can feel his heart beating faster because of nervousness. Tears starts forming in his eyes as he stares at their room's door. "Minnie, Yesung hyung, it's not like what I'm thinking, right? Changmin was just lying, right?"


~~~***~~~


"Wait. So she slapped you despite of the fact that she's indeed cheating?" Kangin asks. "Wow. She's such a and you still love her?"
"I won't object about her being such a . I admit that. But please don't ever call her a . I don't like it" Kyuhyun said.
Kangin snickers. "You really know how to make people do whatever you want in a smooth way. What a boss" he said. "But seriously, you still love her that way?"
"I know. I'm such a fool, right?" Kyuhyun asks. "Sometimes I wonder, I have a good girl like Wookie who loves me. Why don't I fall for her? Why must I fall for Lee Sungmin? Out of all the girls around me, why must her?. But then, I realized, love doesn't need a reason to show up"
There's a moment of silent as Kangin didn't say anything but "I'm glad I don't have a difficult love life like you".
"I still remember that night" Kyuhyun said all of a sudden.
"What night?"
"The night she asked me for a divorce" Kyuhyun said. "It was raining. I went home late from work"
Kangin just stares at him confusedly as he doesn't know where the conversation was heading.
"And the night I found out she was cheating with Yesung hyung, it's also raining" Kyuhyun said. "And I also went home late"
Kangin raises an eyebrow, still don't understand where the conversation is heading to.
"The night that accident happened, it's raining too. And I went home late" Kyuhyun said. "I'm afraid. Everytime it's raining and I went home late, there's always something bad I found out. I already knows she wants to have a divorce, and I already knows the reason behind it. What else I need to know? I'm not ready for it"
"Wait" Kangin said. "Are you trying to say that the accident happened on purpose? You hit the fence on purpose?"
Kyuhyun shrugs his shoulder. "Maybe because I was drunk, my mind went blank" he said. "I was thinking that if on that day I need to find out about something else they hide from me, I'll just let her go, and let them be happy with each other"
"And?"
"But it hurts me too much if I signed that divorce letter. I can't do that" Kyuhyun said. "But I want them to be happy without me. So I thought of one crazy idea"
Kangin didn't say anything as he know where the conversation heads to.
"I have to die. So I don't have to sign that letter, but they could still be happy without me. Literally" Kyuhyun explained. "Crazy, right?. I know. Maybe because I was drunk, I can't think clearly. You see, I haven't been drunk for years since Minnie told me to stop"
There's a moment of silent as Kangin was shock. "It must've been hard for you. Those 7 months" he said after a while. "And I'm sorry"
Kyuhyun stares at him. "Why must be sorry? It's not your fault" he said. "I should've thanked you. At least you give me a chance to think clearly"
Kangin was about to say something when someone knocked the window. They all turned to see who it was. And it was Sungmin.
Well, she's lying about the 'at least cushion lip tint and perfume'. It's very obvious that she's also wearing eye make up such as eyeliners and all.
Kyuhyun laughs softly upon seeing her. "I thought she's not going to wear make up?" he asks.
Kangin smiles upon seeing his smile. "Well, you don't need to remember all of those painful past from now on" he said. "That's why I gave you this chance, right?"
Kyuhyun smiles at him. "Thanks ajussi" he said before he got off his car.
"You don't have to thank me actually" Kangin said before he disappears into thin air.


~~~***~~~


"I thought someone said she would only wear cushion and lip tint?" Kyuhyun asks as he sees Sungmin.
Sungmin pouts. "Well, you gave me 30 minutes" she said. "You're lucky I don't have time to wear eye shadows and choose to wear eyeliner instead"
"Wasn't eyeliner the hardest part of make up?"
Sungmin raises an eyebrow. "How could you know?" she asks.
Of course he knows. Every morning, when Sungmin is preparing to go to work, she keeps on complaining about applying eyeliner. But Kyuhyun can't tell her, right?. "Well... My mom told me" he lied.
Sungmin nods. "By the way, I saw you talking awhile ago. Who is it?"
"Well... Um... I'm on a phone call" Kyuhyun lied--again.
Sungmin nods. She stares at him nervously. "Well, are you ready?"
Kyuhyun smiles at her. "I'm always ready" he said.
Sungmin pouts at him. "Seriously, are you not nervous at all?" she asks. "I even become nervous as hell when they asked me why I'm all dressed up"
Kyuhyun laughs as he ruffles her hair. "Don't worry, they'll like me" he said.
Sungmin rolls her eyes. "Let's say, overflowing confidence" she said.
Kyuhyun just smiles as an answer. He's not at all nervous. Not because he ever experienced it before, but because he knows Sungmin's father. The more he's nervous and scared, the more they don't like him, because they thought that he doesn't have any confidence to lead their daughter. That's why he need to act confident.
Sungmin sighs. "Seriously, I just can't understand what's inside your head" she said.
"Well... You don't have to" Kyuhyun said as he holds her hand. "Besides, don't be nervous. I'm with you"
Sungmin blushed as she heard him. But she hits his shoulder gently. "You're so cheesy" she said shyly.


~~~***~~~

 

"Minnie? Who's that guy?" Sungmin's father, Jonghyun asks upon seeing her enters the house with Kyuhyun.
Her mother, Sulli smiles upon seeing both of them. "Is he the reason why you're all dressed up?" she asks. "You even put on some make up"
"This is serious" Jonghyun said. He puts down the newspaper that he's holding on top of the center table. "Who is he?"
Sungmin takes a deep breath. "He's my boyfriend" she said.
"Boyfriend? I see" Jonghyun said.
"What?" Sulli asks. "Honey, she just said boyfriend. As in, boyfriend. And she's introducing him to us"
There's a moment of silent. "What? Boyfriend?" he asks. He turns towards Kyuhyun who just keeps on staring at them. "How old are you? Where did you come from? Are you working or still studying?"
"Appa! Could you please ask him one by one?" Sungmin asks.
"I'm not talking to you, Lee Sungmin" Jonghyun said which makes Sungmin pouts.
While Kyuhyun can't help but to laugh upon seeing their interaction. Well, they always love their 'father-daughter bonding' though. And it's been 3 years since he saw them.
Sungmin's step parents died right on her 22nd birthday because of an accident. They are on their way to celebrate her birthday when suddenly a truck came from the opposite direction.
Sungmin's step parents were always good to Kyuhyun though. They really like him for their daughter, and they even thought of him as their son. And he even thought of them as his second parents. It's good that he managed not to hug them the minute he saw them.
"And why are you laughing, young man?" Jonghyun asks.
Kyuhyun shook his head. "No sir, it's just that both of you looks so close" he said. He bows slightly towards Sungmin's step parents. "My name is Kyuhyun, Cho Kyuhyun, I'm 20 years old, and I'm still studying, business major"
"Cho Kyuhyun? Are you Cho Hankyung's son?" Jonghyun asks.
Kyuhyun nods. "How could you know?" he asks. He's really confused this time. Because before, he directly asked for Jonghyun and Sulli's blessings in the hospital, which means in front of his family, so he doesn't need to explain that much.
"Hankyung keeps on talking about his sons, Yesung and Kyuhyun on our free time" Jonghyun said. "I'm his business partner and his friend, by the way"
"Oh? What a coincidence" Sulli said.
"I'm glad, then" Jonghyun said. "I knew she's in the safe hands"
"But, Minnie, I'm still curious why all of a sudden you want to introduce your boyfriend to us. You're not yet going to get married, right?" Sulli asks.
"What are you talking about? Both of them were still too young" Jonghyun said.
"Actually, we are" Kyuhyun said.
Jonghyun quickly turns towards both of them in horror. "You are what?"
"We are getting married" Kyuhyun said awkwardly.
This whole thing, doing the thing he hasn't been doing for 7 years is just awkward. Asking for blessings to marry the same girl, towards the same parents.
Jonghyun sighs. "Seriously, what's on your mind when you proposed my daughter?" he asks.
Kyuhyun shook his head. "It wasn't me" he said. "It's Minnie who proposed me first"
That's when everything turns quiet, you could hear a pin drop.
"So... You were telling me that my daughter proposed you first?" Jonghyun asks.
Kyuhyun nods. "Ask my brother if you can believe none of us. He knows" he said.
"And you said yes?" Jonghyun asks.
"Well... She proposed to me in public with lots of people watching. Is there any way I could say no?" Kyuhyun asks which made Sungmin shots him a glare. "Besides, I love her. I just can't say no to her"
"So you proposed him first?" Sulli asks to Sungmin.
Sungmin looked down. "Yes, I did" she mumbles softly.
She already expect Sulli to give her a speech about girl's pride and all, but instead, she pats her shoulder and stares at her with a big fat proud smile on her face. "That's right, Minnie. I'm so proud of you" she said. "Girls must be brave. It's time for revolution. How long must we wait for our prince charming to come approach us? We need to make a step"
That's when Sungmin and Kyuhyun just stares at her blankly.
Jonghyun pats Kyuhyun's shoulder. He nods at him. "Maybe that's what people said by history repeats itself" he said. "Sulli also proposed me first. Go ahead, you guys have my full support. And fighting! You're going to need it"
Kyuhyun nods. "I know. I got it"
"You know right? My daughter can be such a tiring person to deal with and she can be the aggresive one on your relationship" Jonghyun said.
"But... You haven't do your military services, right?" Sulli asks. "I mean, you're still 20"
There's a moment of silent, you could hear a pin dropped--again.
"That's right... Why haven't I realized it?" Sungmin asks.
"You're the one who proposed" Kyuhyun said. "And unfortunately I forgot all about military services when I said yes" he adds as he grins sheepishly towards Jonghyun and Sulli.
Jonghyun sighs. "You guys were still too young" he said. "Delay your marriage for a few years. You graduate from school first, and then enlist"
"No honey, you can't do that" Sulli said. "Can't you see they really love each other? How could you stop their happiness?"
"I'm not stopping. I'm just delaying"
"Okay, fine, delaying their happiness" Sulli corrected. "Just let them be"
"And let him leave Minnie for two years?"
"There will be holidays" Sulli said. "Besides, you also left me for two years mr. Lee"
Jonghyun sighs. "Fine. I can't object" he said. He turns towards Kyuhyun. "Make my daughter cry, and I'll kill you"
"Then I promise, you don't have to kill me"  Kyuhyun said as he smiles towards him.
Jonghyun nods. "I like your mindset" he said.
"Ah, by the way, my parents invited both of you and Minnie to dinner in our house tonight" Kyuhyun said. "To discuss something, they said"
Sungmin's eyes widened upon hearing him. "Are you sure?" she whispers. "They might don't like me for you"
"You have their full support. I promise" Kyuhyun whispers to her as he holds her hand inside the pocket of his coat.


~~~***~~~


And the parents were serious about 'discussing stuffs'. They were busy discussing stuffs about their wedding that they had completely forgotten about the ones who is going to get married.
Their wedding will be held on 20th of september which is a week after today--see? Their parents is more excited with this wedding than they are.
Sungmin yawned--for the second time this night, which make Kyuhyun and Yesung turned towards her.
"Seriously, this is so boring. When will they finish?" Sungmin asks.
Yesung shrugs. "Parents' stuff. You'll never know when"
"It's me and Minnie who is going to get married. Why are they planning all of this without us?" Kyuhyun asks.
Their current position is sitting on a sofa, and Yesung is sitting between Kyuhyun and Sungmin just like a flower vase--this is also what their parents said. They said if they let a couple be on their own, you'll never know what will happen next.
"Seriously, this is so uncomfortable" Yesung said. "Why do I need to sit between both of you just like a flower vase?"
Sungmin rolls her eyes. "As if this position is comfortable for us" she said.
Yesung sighs. "You guys can go. I'll get their attention" he said. 'At least I'm not going to be a flower vase anymore' he adds in mind.
"What--" even before Kyuhyun could finish talking, Yesung already stands up and meddle in their parents' conversation.
"But, we still need to give notice to Kyuhyun and Minnie's school, right?" Yesung asks as he flashes his bestest good-mature-oldest-son smile.
"Oh? You're right. I haven't thought of that at all" Heechul said.
And the next thing they know is Yesung already has their parents' full attention.
"Daebak" Sungmin said. "How could he do that?"
Kyuhyun didn't say anything. Instead, he just stood up. "Let's not think about that" he said softly as he holds her hand to help her stand up.
Sungmin just follow his steps confusedly. "Where are we going?" she asks.
Kyuhyun didn't say anything as he kept on walking.
And the next thing she knows, they are already in a garden. "Wow. Where's this?" she asks.
"My mom's garden. She take care of all the flowers by herself" Kyuhyun said. "Do you like it?"
Sungmin nods. "It's such a romantic place" she said while staring at the flowers.
Kyuhyun smiles at her. "Then, will it be romantic if I propose you here?" he asks.
Sungmin turns towards him confusedly. "Propose?" she asks.
Kyuhyun nods before kneeling down in front of her as he give her a bouquet of pink roses and carnation that he put on top of the table--he already prepared all of this before she came, and Yesung helped him a while ago. "Lee Sungmin, will you marry me?" he asks.
Sungmin can felt her cheeks blushed as he said that. "W-what... Wasn't it very obvious? Why did you ask?" she asks as she gets the bouquet of flowers. "How could you know that I love pink roses and carnations?"
"Well..." Kyuhyun said as he stands up. "I always know everything when it comes to you"
Sungmin pouts. "Just say that someone told you" she said.
'Yes, it's you who told me so' Kyuhyun thought. "Nope, just a lucky guess" he said.
"But, really, why did you proposed me? You already know the answer?" Sungmin asks.
Kyuhyun laughs softly as he pinched her cheeks gently, making her blush even more. "I just want to make it fair" he said. "You hurt my pride as a man"
Sungmin laughs. "Well, sorry about that, sir" she said. "But I just can't help it"
Kyuhyun smiles as he hugs her tight. "Minnie?"
"Yes?" she asks as she hugs him back.
"Promise that there won't be any other man in your heart than me?" Kyuhyun asks sadly.
Luckily, Sungmin didn't notice the tone he used. "I promise" she said. "Besides, shouldn't it be me who asked that? Men is usually the one who cheats"
"Our case is always different" Kyuhyun said.
Sungmin laughs as she lets go of him to stares at his face. "Are you going to talk about the whole proposing thingy again?" she asks.
Kyuhyun smiles at her. "No" he said. "But I'm serious. Our case is always different"


~~~***~~~


Sungmin was shocked when she saw Ryeowook enters Kyuhyun's room. She quickly wiped her tears. "Ryeowook-ssi? Why did you come here?" she asks.
Ryeowook smiles awkwardly. "I'm here to visit you" she said.
"Me? Why me?" Sungmin asks confusedly.
Ryeowook takes a deep breath before bowing towards her. "I'm sorry" she said as she stands up properly. "I'm really sorry. I lied to you before"
"About?"
"When I told you to leave Kyuhyun for his good" Ryeowook said. "I was lying. He can never be happy without you. Please don't leave him"
Sungmin smiles. "That's okay" she said. "Besides, you were kind of right. I'm just hurting him. Maybe I should really leave him. But I just can't. If I left him, he's going to loose everything, or so does he told me. I've done so many bad things towards him that I just can't do more"
"You know that you love him, right?" Ryeowook asks sadly.
Sungmin nods. "I know" she said. "I'm such a fool. Why do I need to hurt him so much before I realize how important he is to me?"
Ryeowook forces herself to smile even though deep inside she already wants to cry. "You know that he's important to you" she said. "It's just that you don't know that everything will turn like this"
There's a moment of silent. "Maybe you're kind of right"
Ryeowook nods. "So this time, love him right. Treat him like how he's supposed to be treated" she said. "And if you guys ever fight, just ask him what does he felt. Because he's the type of person who will never say what's in his mind unless you asked"
"7 months" Sungmin said.
"What 7 months?"
"If he isn't going to wake up for the next 7 months, doctor Song said I need to give up on him" Sungmin said. "And 7 months. That's the time since I gave him that divorce letter untill the day that accident happened. Is he giving me a revenge?"
Ryeowook was shocked of course. "He'll wake up" she said. "For you" she adds bitterly as tears starts to fall at the corner of her eyes. She quickly wipes it even before Sungmin could see it. "The reason behind his every actions for those past 7 years is always you" she said. "Anyway, thanks for forgiving me. I need to go now, I'm kinda busy" she adds as she left the room even before Sungmin could say anything.
She rested her back on the door as soon as she left the room. She closes her eyes as she tries her best not to cry.
"You can cry if you want" someone said. And the next thing she knows, she already felt that someone's arm around her, embracing her.
Ryeowook opened her eyes only to see Yesung staring at her. She quickly hugs him back as she cry on his chest.
Yesung just pats her back gently, trying to comfort her. "You did well" he said.
"It hurts" Ryeowook said between her tears. "I've been loving him and staying by his side for 9 years. Even before he met Sungmin-ssi. And now, that the girl he love is loving him back, I'll be no use. He won't come to me ever again"
"You're a beautiful girl" Yesung said. "There are lots of men who loves you. You just need to look at them"
There's a moment of silent as Yesung tries to comfort Ryeowook. "Oppa?" she asks. "Thanks for being here with me when I'm sad"
"I've told you, I'll always be on your side when you're sad because we're on the same ship" Yesung said. "The rejected ones"
Ryeowook laughs. "Maybe we could even be a couple" she said jokingly.
"Maybe" Yesung said. But in a different way. He meant it.
Maybe they could even be a couple.


~~~***~~~


A week passed by quickly and by the time they realized it, it's already Kyuhyun and Sungmin's wedding day.
When Sungmin enters the chapel, everyone were staring at her in awe--including Kyuhyun.
She doesn't seemed like a 18 years old immature kid who got married at such a young age, she seemed like a classy and elegant bride with her light make up. Her hair was styled in a low chignon and she was wearing a simple white dress that isn't too revealing.
Kyuhyun stops staring at her when Jonghyun coughs. It turns out that they are already in front of him. Just like 7 years ago, he forgot all about anything once he sees her walking beautifully with the exact same wedding dress, and make up. "I know my daughter is beautiful, but could you please take her hands? Everyone is waiting" he said, which makes everyone in the chapel laughs.
Kyuhyun just laughs awkwardly as he takes Sungmin's hand from Jonghyun. "Sorry" he said.
"Make sure you'll still look at her like that even if she's no longer beautiful" Jonghyun said.
Kyuhyun nods. "I'll surely make sure of it" he said.
"Good" Jonghyun said before completely letting go of Sungmin's hand.
They holds each other's hands tightly as they were walking on the aisle. "You look beautiful today" Kyuhyun said. "Just like those disney princesses"
Sungmin smiles. "You look handsome too, just like those fairytale prince, as usual" she said.
"No, you look more beautiful than usual" Kyuhyun said.
"Then I usually don't look like a princess?"
"You're always a princess in my heart"
Sungmin tries her best to hold her laughter. "Cheesy" she said.


~~~***~~~


"You can cry if you want" someone said towards Ryeowook who is trying her best not to cry. She's currently outside of the chapel. She just can't stand to see the man she loves getting married with another girl anymore.
She open her eyes only to see Yesung standing in front of her. She quickly hugs him tight as she cries on his chest.
"You did well, letting go of him for his happiness, and even attending his wedding without crying in front of him" Yesung said as he hugs her back and pats her back gently. "You did well"
"It hurts" Ryeowook said between her tears. "It hurts to see him happy with someone else"
"You're a beautiful girl" Yesung said. "There are a lot of men who loves you. You just need to take a look at them"
There's a moment of silent as Ryeowook cries on his chest. "Oppa?" she said after a few minutes of crying. "Why are we always ended up like this?"
She can hear Yesung sighs. "Remember" he said. "We'll always be by each other's side when we're sad because we're on the same ship. The rejected ones"
Ryeowook laughs softly as she lets go of him. She stares right into his eyes. "Promise, fellow rejected?" she asks.
Yesung laughs as he nods her head. "Promise" he said.
Maybe, this is what they said by history repeats itself.


~~~***~~~


"Woah, that's so tiring" Sungmin said as she lays herself on top of the bed.
Kyuhyun laughs upon seeing her. "But I guess you need to take that dress first" he said. "You'll be uncomfortable" he adds before he drinks a bottle of water.
Sungmin quickly sat on the bed. "Why would I?" she asks. "You'll be taking it off for me"
That's when he almost choked on his drink. "You're so ert" Kyuhyun said. "Who taught you?"
Sungmin rolls her eyes. "I'm 18 now. I already understand all about that all by myself" she said. "We're married. What else?"
Kyuhyun laughs as he sat beside her. He ruffles her hair. "I'm marrying a childish kid" he said. "Fyi, marriage is not all about "
"Don't you want to have kids?" Sungmin asks.
"I want. But do you want to be pregnant at such a young age?" Kyuhyun asks.
"I don't mind" Sungmin said.
"No" Kyuhyun said. "Your future first"
"So we're not going to do that untill I graduated from high school?" Sungmin asks. "So boring" she adds as she stands up and sat on his lap.
"Are you trying to seduce me?" Kyuhyun asks.
Sungmin nods as she plays with his shirt button. "When will you leave?"
"Leave?"
"Enlist"
"Ah" Kyuhyun said as he nods. "Next month. After our honeymoon"
Sungmin sighs. "At the end, you'll leave me for two yeaes" she said.
"I'm not placed on active duty because I'm sick" Kyuhyun said. "I'll go home everyday"
"But still... I can't see you that often" Sungmin whispers.
"We'll still see each other everyday" Kyuhyun said. "But not before 6 p.m."
Sungmin pouts. "That's the same"
"Well, let's not think about that. We still have 1 month" Kyuhyun said.
That's when Sungmin flashes a smirk that made him felt goosebumps. "Let's think about something else" she adds before she pulls him into a deep and passionate kiss which makes him wonder, when did she learnt all of this?.
Well, anyway, it seemed like they are goinf to be busy tonight.

To be continued...

 

Whew, this chapter is so long >< I just hope it's not going to be boring