Walking the Wrong Way

Reset

Chapter 7: Walking The Wrong Way


A/n: sorry for the late update, I'm so busy at school. I have lots of task >_< and all of it were report tasks (and thanks to our new curiculum, I need to draw cartoons for MATH--" which takes even more time than the questions itself), I need to write a script for my team's drama (I'm the only one who can write a story in that team), I also have an economy task, where I need to write a proposal about selling foods to other kids in my school before selling it for 4 weeks straight--". and I was just appointed as the new vice leader of my club which makes me even busier than ever >_<

"You control your destiny -- you don't need magic to do it. And there are no magical shortcuts to solving your problems." -- Merida (Brave)


Kyuhyun opens his eyes slowly as he saw some lights. He's not in his room where he slept last night, which confuses him at first. But then he realizes that he's in a hospital because there's an IV stand beside him and the strong smell of medicine.
His eyebrows furrowed. Does he already woke up from his coma? But how come? He haven't finished his mision yet. Or maybe everything was just a dream? He never got any chance to reset his life at all?.
"Kyu? You already wake up?" someone asks. Kyuhyun doesn't even need to look at that voice direction. He knew who that voice belongs to. It's Sungmin.
"Minnie?" he asks weakly as he stares at her, she was crying.
"I'm sorry, please don't leave me" Sungmin said. "I know you don't love me, but please, don't leave. I love you"
"What are you talking about?" Kyuhyun asks. "I love you"
Sungmin shook her head. "No, you don't love me. You love Wookie unnie" she said.
"No, I love you" Kyuhyun said, trying to assure her.
"But you said you love me?" Ryeowook asks from the door.
Kyuhyun was confused. It was right. He said that.
"You kissed me at the library" Ryeowook continues. "You said you love me?"
"You kissed her?" Sungmin asks sadly.
"But... No--"
"How could you say no after all that happened between us?" Ryeowook asks. "You're such a jerk"
Kyuhyun can't say anything. Ryeowook was right. He's such a jerk. How could he play on someone else's feelings like that?.
"You don't need to lie about your feelings like that" Sungmin said. "It's fine if you don't love me, just leave"
Ryeowook just stares at him. "I know you only love me as a sister" she said. "But this sister loves you. Think of this sister's feelings. She'll finally leave if you'll keeps on making her fly so high and then throw her to the ground like this"
Kyuhyun was about to say something when everything turns dark. He can't see anything but Sungmin and Ryeowook.
"You must choose between us" Sungmin said. "It's me or Wookie Unnie?"
"You can't have the two of us" Ryeowook said. "Me, or Minnie?"


~~~***~~~


Kyuhyun quickly opened his eyes as his dream gets worse. He sat on his bed.
He sighs as he pulls his hair frustratedly. "Why did I dreamt that strange dream?" he asks. "This is like dreaming in a dream"
Does this means that his whole plan is wrong?. He's giving false hopes towards Ryeowook while his heart is still belongs to Sungmin--well, he can't help it. Wasn t that's why he's on this whole 'Reset' things--.
Okay, he needs to admit that he already crossed the line when he kissed Ryeowook, but seriously. That was only to make her believe that he loves her, so she's not going to be hurt, not more, not less.
But if he lets go of all his plans now, Yesung and Sungmin will never realize what line they've crossed.
He's mad at them for lying at him. But now that he already execute his plan, he's starting to feel confused.
Is this really the thing that he wants? Making Yesung and Sungmin, two of the people that he loves most in this world, suffered all the pain that he felt for those 7 years?.
And he even involved the innocent Ryeowook in this plan.
He sighs. "Aish! I don't know!" he said before he lays on the bed and closes his eyes, trying to sleep.
While Kangin who watches him the whole time just rolls his eyes. "Seriously?" he asks. "Cho Kyuhyun, you're one of the most stupid person I've ever known!"
Actually, he's the one who made Kyuhyun dreamt that dream, to make him realize that he's wrong, but well, what can he say? Kyuhyun doesn't even want to think about it.
"I'm afraid that I can no longer drive this storyline" he whispers. "I'm sorry..." he adds as he stares at Kyuhyun who is still trying to sleep.
"Son" he adds before he disappears.


~~~***~~~


"Oppa? Are you listening to what I'm saying?" Ryeowook asks, disturbing Kyuhyun's thoughts.
It's been two weeks since he convinced her that he loves her at the library, and it seems like she believes him, or so does he thinks. Their relationship gets even better day by day and they seemed like a normal couple by now.
And now they are having a date at the mall--Well, it's not really a date, Ryeowook wants to buy some french books for her school, since she takes the french literature major, that's why she worked as a translator at a Korean fashion magazine based in french in the present time-- and she needs a companion to buy those books, so Kyuhyun accompanied her.
Not a big thing for a couple, right?. Well if he didn't think of his stupid dream last night all of a sudden.
He tried to convince himself that it was just a stupid dream, but still, he can't help but to think of it.
He smiles awkwardly towards her. "Sorry" he said.
Ryeowook pouts. "You're spacing out" she said. "What are you thinking?"
"No, nothing" he said. "Just spacing out. What are you saying a while ago?"
Ryeowook sighs as she hugs him. "Oppa, I'm your girlfriend, right?" she asks.
"Of course. That's obvious" Kyuhyun said. "Why did you ask?"
"I'm your girlfriend, but there are so many things that you keep behind me" Ryeowook said. "Just tell me what bothers your mind"
Well, she was true. Kyuhyun never tell her any of his problem, she always find out from someone else. And she also finds out from someone else about how he always secretly waits for Sungmin who never come again after that incident at the library.
Maybe she has given up.
Or maybe she's just thinking of a brand new plan.
But how Ryeowook wishes that Sungmin would just give up.
As if knowing Kyuhyun was just lying about his love for her wasn't bad enough, she also knows that Kyuhyun is getting weak.
Ryeowook doesn't know what makes him wants to lie about his own feelings like this, but it's really obvious that he's starting to doubt that what he's doing now is right.
"It was just a stupid thing" Kyuhyun finally said after a few minutes of silence.
"That's okay, just tell me"
"Well... Let's say, my friend, the girl he loves hurts him and cheated with his um... Best friend" Kyuhyun said. "They've lied to him for years, so he wanted to do a revenge by making them hurting each other. But in order to do that, he's using another girl, a girl who is really precious like a sister to him, a girl who loves him for years and never leaves him no matter what happened--"
"Wait" Ryeowook said as she lets go of him. "Are you telling me that he's taking an advantage of a girl who loves him truly?"
"Well, kind of" Kyuhyun said. "And now he's thinking if he should--" he stops talking when his cellphone rings.
Ryeowook laughs softly. "Well, I think you need to answer that first before thinking of your friend's problem" she said.
Kyuhyun just smiles awkwardly before he takes his cellphone out of his pocket.
It was Sungmin.
She finally called after two weeks.
Does this mean she haven't give up yet?.
Without himself realizing it, he smiles upon seeing her name on his caller ID.
Ryeowook was curious when she sees a smile on his face so she looked at his phone to see who called.
She was shock when she sees Sungmin's name. So she haven't give up?.
Ryeowook quickly snatches his phone even before he could answer it.
Kyuhyun raises an eyebrow. "What are you doing?" he asks.
Ryeowook laughs softly--well, a fake one. "I changed my mind. This is our date. You're supposed to think of me and only me" she said as she rejected the call. "That person will call again if it's really important. And as of now, I'll confiscate your cellphone"
Kyuhyun was about to protest when Ryeowook puts a finger on his lips to stop him from talking. "I'm not accepting any kind of protest" she adds as she puts his cellphone inside her bag. "Now, let's go! We still have lots of things to do" she adds as she pulls him with her.
'I'm sorry, but I'm not going to let go of you that easy' she thought.


~~~***~~~


"He didn't answer his call?" Kibum asks Sungmin who is frowning while staring at her phone.
"He rejected it" Sungmin said.
"Maybe he's avoiding you" Eunhyuk said.
Sungmin frowns even harder. "Why would he avoid me?" she asks.
Eunhyuk smiles sheepishly. "Because he has a girlfriend?" she asks.
Yesung coughs to catch their attention. "May I know what are you guys planning to do?" he asks. "To my brother?" he adds.
"Nothing" Sungmin said awkwardly.
Today is the first day of their 'y' concept--after two weeks of 'y' training (two weeks that feels like two years), they has finally come back, and their very first plan is 'seducing phone calls'.
But thanks to someone who very stupidly has broken her phone, she needed to buy a new one and lost Kyuhyun's number, so she needs to ask to his parents.
If his parents are currently at Seoul, which unfortunately, no, they are currently at China.
So she needed to ask his stepbrother.
Who was her ex.
Whom she has dumped and never given a second chance at all.
Whom she's really awkward with.
Yesung raised an eyebrow. "Then why did you asked for his number?" he asked. "From me?"
"Why are you keeps on cutting your questions into two?" Sungmin asks irritatedly. "When you could've asked one?" she adds, copying his style.
Yesung sighs. "I'm not here to fight, please" he said. "Just tell me why"
Sungmin sighs. "Bummie, Hyukkie, could you guys please leave us for a while?" she asks her friends.
Kibum and Eunhyuk stares at each other hesitatedly before they nods and leave the two of them.
Well, however they need time to fix the problems between the two of them, right.
Sungmin glares at Yesung as soon as Kibum and Eunhyuk left. "Seriously, what do you want?" she asks. "I thought you already understand when I said that we're end?"
Yesung sighs. "I was just asking what are you up to this time" she said.
Sungmin rolls her eyes. "Was that even your business?"
"Well... No, but..." Yesung said. "Fine. I'm not going to ask anymore"
Sungmin sighs. "Oppa, please, just let me go. Move on" she said. "Look at yourself, you're handsome, you're rich, and you have a great future. There's no girl in this world that won't like you"
"So you're not a girl?" Yesung asks sarcastically.
"Fine. Except me" Sungmin said. "Maybe this is the best for us. To be away from each other. I don't love you anymore, I love your brother now"
"Seriously, out of all of the men in this world, why would you choose Kyuhyun?" Yesung asks. "I can accept if you choose anyone else, I even can accept if you love that guy who uses to flirt with you-- what's his name?"
"Jungmo"
"Yes, Jungmo. But this is Kyuhyun. Cho Kyuhyun, my stepbrother" Yesung said. "He's like... One of the person I love most in this world. But it's like... You're turning me into a backstabber"
"You already turn into a backstabber when you don't tell him the truth" Sungmin said.
"Shut up!" Yesung raised his voice because of fear and anger. "I... I was just... I was just looking for the right time to tell him"
"And when is that right time? Tomorrow? Next week? Next month? Next year? Or even 7 years later?" Sungmin asks. "You're not only hurting him, you're also hurting your step parents. Why don't you just tell them?"
"Shut up, Minnie. You don't know how does it feels like to be abandoned" Yesung said. "I'm afraid that they will leave me. I'm afraid that I will disappoint them"
"Oh, okay, I don't know how does it feels like to be abandoned" Sungmin said. "Because I was abandoned even before I can see my biological parents' face. All I can remember is that my step parents told me that my mother is a maid who got pregnant out of wedlock by her boss' son, so she gave me who was just a newborn baby to her bestfriend who is my stepmother. And the next thing I heard about my parents is that they died in an accident when they tried to ran away from my grandparents. They said that it was an accident. But I know that they are killed by someone that is associated to my grandparents. I was only 10 back then"
Yesung didn't say anything. Sungmin was right. If it was about abandoned, Sungmin knows even more than him. At least he was given a chance to see his parents' face. At least he was given a chance to live happily with his family. "Sorry" he said.
"That's okay" Sungmin said.
There was a moment of silent.
"Anyway, Oppa" Sungmin said. "I just want you to be happy. And maybe your happiness were not with me. I really love your brother. I never loved anyone else as much as I love your brother, so please, just let me go"
"But, Minnie, I--" Yesung stops talking when Sungmin puts a finger on his lips.
"I know you need time to think about it" Sungmin said. She smiles at him. "See you later!" she adds before leaving.
Yesung sighs. "How am I supposed to move on if you're smiling like that to me?" he asks as he stares at Sungmin's back that is getting further.


~~~***~~~


"Wookie, what happened to you today?" Kyuhyun asks when he dropped Ryeowook at her house. "You seemed... Different"
"Different? Why?" Ryeowook asks.
"It's like, you're trying really hard to catch my attention when in fact I'm already paying attention to you" Kyuhyun said. "What happened?"
Ryeowook fakes a smile. "Nothing" she said. "And I don't think that there's something wrong with me"
"Really?" Kyuhyun asks. "Just tell me if there's something I do wrong"
Ryeowook sighs. 'I wonder what's your reaction if I tell you that you're such a jerk for using me as a rebounder' she thought. She holds Kyuhyun's hand that was holding the steering wheel. "If I tell you..." she paused for a while as she stares right into Kyuhyun's eyes. He was staring at her confusedly. "If I tell you not to leave me no matter what happened, will you do that for me?"
Kyuhyun was still staring at her confusedly. "What hapenned?" he ask. "Just tell me. I don't understand"
"Just answer to my question" Ryeowook ask. "If I tell you not to leave me no matter what happened, will you do that for me?"
There was a moment of silent. "...of course" he finally said hesitatedly.
"Even if you love someone else?" Ryeowook asks. "Even if that someone loves you too?"
Another silence. "Seriously, why are you asking me this stupid question?" Kyuhyun asks after a few seconds.
Ryeowook fakes a smile. "Yeah, right. Why did I ask those stupid questions?" she asks. "Anyway, thanks for today, I have lots of fun, even though I doubt that you feel the same. Anyway, here's your phone" she adds sarcastically as she gave him his phone back before going out of the car.
Kyuhyun just stares at her back that is getting further. "Why did she ask those questions?" he asks.
He was about to go out and talk to her when his cellphone vibrates--Ryeowook had put it to vibrate mode before.
It was Sungmin.
"Yeobose--"
"Oh, thanks god you finally answered!" she said even before he could finish talking. "I thought you're avoiding me!"
Kyuhyun laughs softly upon hearing her. "Why would I avoid you?" he asks. "You didn't do anything wrong"
"But why don't you answer any of my calls?" Sungmin asks. "I left like, 57 missed calls and texts for you"
Kyuhyun chucles. "Sorry" she said. "I was on a date with Wookie"
There was a moment of silent. Sungmin was hurt, Kyuhyun knows it. "Sorry" he said.
He can hear Sungmin laughs--fakely. "Why would be sorry? She's your girlfriend" she said.
"Anyway, why did you call?" Kyuhyun asks. "It seems that there's something urgent"
Another moment of silent. "Can we meet for awhile? At a park near my house" she asks.
"Why?"
"I know you don't love me" Sungmin said. "But it's not a sin to give it a last try, right?" she asks aggresively.
Kyuhyun has a bad feeling about it. "Okay. I'll be there in 10 minutes" he said before he hangs up.
However, it's Sungmin. He knows her for 7 years, what 'bad' thing she can really do?.


~~~***~~~


However, it's Sungmin. He knows her for 7 years, what 'bad' thing she can really do?.
Yeah, what bad thing she can really do?.
Except for doing anything to get what she wants?.
Kyuhyun has already arrived at the park near Sungmin's house, and he started to regret his decicion to come.
Sungmin was still wearing her school uniform. It's normal.
But her hair is already strawberry blonde and her uniform is supertight.
And the top two--or was it three? Or four? He doesn't know. But maybe it's three since he can see her s-- of her supertight white shirt were opened and her plaided skirt were super short--just like those anime girls wear. And she was wearing a (useless, it's not covering anything) cardigan.
Seriously, she looks like she comes out of a anime.
Kyuhyun gulps upon seeing her. 'Seriously, is she trying to seduce me?' he thought. 'If it was right, then congratulations, Lee Sungmin, you did it'
Sungmin looked up when she notices someone coming. "Oh, you've come? I'm shocked, why don't you say anything?" she asks.
She ask this in a normal way, but seriously, this is even scarier than when she tried to call him 'oppa'.
"W-why are you dressed like that?" Kyuhyun asks, trying to sound normal. "You may be harassed if you dressed like that"
Sungmin just smiles as she stands up and walls towards him. She hugs him tightly. "I don't mind being harassed" she said. "If you're the one who do that"
Kyuhyun gulps--again. Please don't blame him for being so weak. It's been 7 years since the last time he touched her--he had always controlled his desire for those 7 years, he doesn't want to force her, because he's afraid that she might left him if he forced her. "W-why did you said that?" he asks. "You're a girl, you're supposed to protect yourself" 'bull' Kyuhyun thought. He already wants to her right now. Seriously, what he said is the total opposite of what's in his mind.
Sungmin pouts as she started to draw random lines with her finger on Kyuhyun's chest which makes him even more weak. She tiptoed a bit and leaned her face to his ears.
Kyuhyun can feel her breath on his ears. He closes his eyes. ', Lee Sungmin, what do you want?' he thought.
"You know..." she said seductively. "That I love you..."
"So?" Kyuhyun tried to sound normal even if his voice trembles.
"Why are you trembling?" Sungmin asks seductively. She laughs softly. "I'm sorry, did I seduce you?"
Kyuhyun can't take it anymore. He pushed her a bit and kissed her lips.
Sungmin's eyes widened. She didn't expect Kyuhyun to kiss her. She expected him to be weak, but not to the step that he'll kiss her.
Their kiss grows passionate as they are getting hard to breath. Sungmin pushed him when she was already out of breath.
They stared at each other for a while as they tried to breath.
"Was that... A yes?" Sungmin asks, tried to control her excitement. She's to afraid to conclude everything.
There was a moment of silent. "Sorry" Kyuhyun said after a few seconds.
Sungmin still tried to smile. "What do you mean by sorry?" she asks.
"No" Kyuhyun said. "I'm sorry"
Her smile vanished as tears started forming in her eyes. "Then why did you kissed me?" she asks.
Kyuhyun didn't say anything.
"Why did you gave me false hopes when in fact you don't love me? Why don't you just tell me the truth?" Sungmin asks as she starts crying. "Do you think I'm easy because I'm always there for you, confessing my feelings to you? Seriously, what am I to you?"
"Sorry... I'm so sorry" Kyuhyun said. "I... I was just... Losing my control..."
"Losing your control? You're such a jerk!" Sungmin said. "You know that I loved you, but you used that fact!"
Kyuhyun was shocked when Sungmin slapped his cheek really hard.
"I'll give up. Thank you for being someone I loved" she said. "Even though what I think about you is really different from the truth" she adds before leaving.
Kyuhyun frozes on his spot as he stares at Sungmin's back that is getting further. He holds his left cheek, where Sungmin slapped him. It hurts, but his heart hurts even more.
"Now did you realize what I mean by don't hurt yourself?" Kangin asks coming out of nowhere.
Kyuhyun still didn't say anything.
"Did you remember the reason why you didn't confront Sungmin and Yesung in the present?" Kangin asks.
"Because... I was afraid that they might leave me" Kyuhyun said weakly.
"Exactly" Kangin said. "That's why I was shocked when you planned all of this revenge plan. You love Sungmin so much. Even she's the reason why you're here. Hurting her means hurting yourself"
Kyuhyun closes his eyes. "Why don't you tell me?" he asks.
"Why don't I tell you?" Kangin asks. He laughs sarcastically. "I've tried to tell you like a million times! Remember your dream? But you don't even want to think about it!"
Kyuhyun sighs. That dream. Kangin did tried to tell him. "Then what should I do?" he asks frustratedly.
Kangin sighs. "You know, my job is to drive this storyline" he said. "But you see? This is really drifting away from the real storyline"
"What do you mean?" Kyuhyun asks.
"You see, in the real storyline, you never hurt Sungmin at all, and you kept close to Yesung. But that's not main problem. In the real storyline, you never hurt Ryeowook. You never give her any false hopes" Kangin said.
There was a moment of silent.
"I'm sorry Kyu, but this is your job to drive the storyline back into its place. This is drifting too far, I can't do anything, especially when I'm invisible to everyone but you" he continues.


To be continued...


FINALLY! HERE IT IS ! CHAPTER 7 THAT TOOK ME 7 YEARS TO FINISH/? XD