Reason Behind Action

Reset

Chapter 4: Reason behind action

 

 

A/n: finally! My tests were finished! >w< in this chapter, I'll tell the story from 60%--or even more(?) Yesung's point of view, so you guys know the reason why he's being like that :3

 

"There's always a reason behind every action"-unknown

 

 

Yesung went inside Kyuhyun's room. He stares at his sleeping brother. "Hey, surprised that I'm here?" he asks.

Yesung sat on a chair beside the bed and holds his brother's hand. He laughs softly. "If you were awake, I'm sure you'd let go of my hand and ask what's going on" he said. "Look, I know this may sounds crazy, and you might kill me if you heard me talk about this, but... I'm Minnie's boyfriend"

There was a moment of silent. Yesung sighs. "But don't worry... I-- sort of, thinking about breaking up with her lately" he said. "Just... Sort of... I'm still not sure about this. We just had our very first fight after years a few days ago, before I left for New York, which makes me sure, she loves you and not me, and I was just some kind of a rebounder because she can't get some attention from you, that's why she seek it from me--maybe. She never told me her reasons to cheat on you, I'm just there for her when she needed some attention even though I know she loves you from the beginning, I hide that fact to her, but... It seems like she realized it slowly these days. And I don't want to be a bad guy who'll always deprive her from knowing the one who she really loves, that's why I lied to her yesterday, I told her I'll be back next week when the truth is I'm already here, in Seoul today"

Yesung laughs bitterly. "Maybe this is what people said, Karma does exist" he said. "I take Minnie from you, I hide the fact that she loves you for years, and now, you take her from me"

Tears starts forming in his eyes. "I hate you, Kyu" he said. "You always got everything that you want in a blink of an eye, while I need to work hard for that"

"Your passion is in business management. You want to be a businessman just like Appa. And boom! You got it in a blink of an eye. Appa gave his company to you" Yesung said. "While me? I want to be a pilot. And that wasn't easy for me. Unlike you, I wasn't the smartest kid in my class. Everybody said, I can never make it. I worked hard for it. Appa and Umma even doesn't allow me to be a pilot at first because they said it was too risky, beside, I can be a little careless sometimes, but I begged them and said that it was my one and only wish, so they allowed me to go on a flight school. It took years untill I finally became a pilot just like now"

Yesung sighs--again. "Remember when we're kids? You always get what you want the minute you asked for it" he said. "But for me, I need to get good grades first"

"And family. I always wanted a complete and normal family ever since my mom dumped me. It took me years, mainly because people doesn't want to adopt me. I'm such a brat and they don't like me. Besides, they tend to adopt a baby, so that they can let the kid remain innocent, but I'm way too old, and I already understands everything. It took me years untill your parents adopted me" Yesung said. "But you? You got it ever since you're born. Your parents love you. They're rich. They would never dump you. They'll do anything to give you what you want. And that also includes adopting a child like me to be your friend"

"Even... You got Minnie the moment you met her" Yesung said. "While me, it takes me years untill she finally wants to accept me"

"People said, they doubted the fact that we're not blood related because we think and act exactly the same, but--" Yesung stops. He takes a deep breath. "We're different. If this life was a drama, then you're the main lead whom everybody loves and paid attention to. While me? I'm just someone who's supposed to walk around you, as your assistant, or even worse, just some pedestrians"

Yesung was about to say something again, when someone knocks the door.

It was Jiyeon, a flight attendant at the company where he worked at. He had told her to go with him here because he wanted her to see if Sungmin was in the hospital because he doesn't want her to find out that he's here. "Captain Cho, your sister in law is on her way here. She just walk out from the lift" she said.

"Oh really?" Yesung asks. "Thanks, Jiyeon-ssi. Tell me if she's around. I just need to say one more thing to my brother"

Jiyeon nods her head before closing the door.

Yesung turns towards Kyuhyun. "Well... You hear that, Kyu. I'm avoiding her right now" he said. "Anyway, I really hope that you'll wake up soon. I know I was saying that I hate you earlier, and I'm supposed to hate you after all these unfairness going on between us, besides, we're not blood related, so it's normal for me to hate you, right?"

Yesung shook his head. "No. No matter how much unfairness going on between us, no matter how much I love Minnie, no matter how much I hurt you because of this, I can never hate you" he said. "I know I was stupid, but everytime I wanted to hate you, I just can't help to reminisce our happy childhood memories. That's right, there are many unfairness going on between us, but still, there are a lot of happy things going on between us. Remember our first trip to Hawaii on my 13th birthday? We wanted to surprise Umma and Appa by hiding inside their closet, but it turns out that we're locked inside for hours, and Umma and Appa were panicked to death, and they quickly hugged us so tight we couldn't breath the moment they found us"

Yesung laughs softly. "Okay, I'll never finish if I'm going to say everything. Minnie can come anytime, and I don't want us to end up fighting in front of you" he said. "But, Kyu, I have something to ask you"

"Will you hate me if you find out about what I've done to you?" Yesung asks. "It's okay if you do--it'll be weird if you don't, but... Can I at least hope that you won't hate me?. I don't want you to hate me. I don't want to lose my brother for the second time, but I also don't want to lose Minnie for the second time. This is such a dilemma. I don't want to lose both of you"

There was a moment of silent. Yesung lets go of Kyuhyun's hand and ruffles Kyuhyun's hair. "You were no longer chubby just like how you used to be" he mumbles. "Sorry to make you feel this way" he adds before letting go of him and walks towards the door.

He stopped for awhile. "Maybe... Hyung will stop your sufferings soon" he adds before leaving the room.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

"Congratulations!" Hankyung and Heechul shouts as they entered Kyuhyun's room.

Kyuhyun and Yesung who is currently busy with their own activities just stare at them blankly because of shock and confusement.

Heechul frowns when she didn't see any reactions. "What's going on here?" she asks. "Why are you guys busy with yourselves?"

There was a moment of silent. No one said anything, you could hear a pin drop.

Hankyung sighs. "Did you guys fight?" he asks.

Yesung and Kyuhyun just shook their heads, still staring at them blankly.

Heechul rolls her eyes at them. "Then why don't you guys interact with each other like usual?" she asks. "I see... Planning something to prank us again?"

Yesung laughs softly. "No, it's not like that, Umma" he said. "I also don't know why are we like this. Kyu is the one who didn't say anything"

Kyuhyun's eyes widened. "Yah! Hyung! Why did you throw me under the bus like that?!" he asks.

Yesung laughs. "But that's really the reason why are we being super quite like this!" he said.

"Aish! You also keeps on staring at your phone as if waiting for someone to text or call you!" Kyuhyun said which makes Yesung quickly hides his phone behind his back.

"I-I'm not!" he lied.

The truth is he's actually waiting for a call or text from Sungmin like she usually sent him before this whole stuff happened.

He haven't got used to everything. This is too soon. They were just starting. How could everything ends so soon like this?.

Heechul laughs. "Okay, boys, whatever your problem is..." she said. "We have good news for you"

"What is it?" the two of them asks in unison.

"Well... Kyu can go home next week!" Heechul said. But no reaction. "Surprised?"

Kyuhyun stares at the calendar beside him.

13th of august. It was right, he was supposed to go home next week, august 20.

"So?" Yesung asks, teasing him. "That's not a good news for me. If this little brat will go home, then he'll keeps on bugging me and Ddangkoma like how he supposed to do"

Kyuhyun shots him a deadly glare. "Shut. Up" he said.

Yesung laughs. "See? He even learned to say those kind of things towards me!" he said.

Heechul and Hankyung laughs upon seeing their fight. Heechul ruffles Yesung's hair. "Your brother is sick, Yeye" she said. "You're not supposed to that much"

Kyuhyun stuck his tongue out at him. "See? Even umma takes my side" he said.

Yesung rolls his eyes at him. "See what he did" he said.

"Yesung" Hankyung said, and that's a warning.

"Arasseo" Yesung said. 'It wasn't like he's going to die if I or what' he thought.

"Anyway, we're going to do some celebrations today" Heechul said. "Don't frown like that, Yeye"

Yesung sighs. He faked a smile. "See? I'm smiling" he said.

Heechul sighs. "Yeye, why are you acting like this all of a sudden?" she asks.

'Because you and appa are always treating Kyu like a prince, and treating me like Kyu's servant that is supposed to always be his shadow' Yesung thought but he didn't say it. He doesn't want to hurt his step parents hearts. They are always kind towards him. He doesn't want to hurt them. Besides, his late father always reminds him about not to be rude towards the olders. "Nothing. I just... Not feeling well... That's it" he lied.

"Did something bad happen at your work?" Hankyung asks.

Yesung thinks for awhile, then he nods. "I just... Forgot to press some buttons on a simulation, and my trainer got mad at me... That's it" he lied.

Heechul smiles at him. "Don't worry, Yeye. It's just a simulation, and not a real flight, right?" she asks. "We know you can be a little careless sometimes, but don't mind it, you'll get used to it soon"

Yesung faked a smile. "I know" he said.

"Now, let's get back to our celebration!" Heechul said.

Hankyung pats Yesung's shoulder. "Don't think about it that much and relax for a while" he adds before joining Heechul. "And don't ever think that we love your brother more than you because we always take his side. You know him. He's kinda weak, and we--"

"Doesn't want him to be sick" Yesung continued. "Yeah, I know"

Hankyung nods. "You know we love you, right?" he asks. "If you have a problem, you can tell it to us"

Yesung nods.

Hankyung smiles at him before turning towards Heechul and Kyuhyun who seems to be so happy, and Yesung doesn't even know what they're talking about.

Wasn't it weird to be in a same room with someone but it feels like you're thousand miles away?.

That's what Yesung felt.

He felt that he's so far with his family.

Or are they even his family?.

He doesn't know.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

Yesung was shock when he found Sungmin in front of his condo.

She was flashing a smirk. "I thought you were supposed to be in New York?" she asks.

"Minnie... I..."

"Now that I think about it, this is just like a déja vu" Sungmin said. "Remember 7 years ago? When we broke up?"

"Minnie, let me explain" Yesung said.

"No! Why would I listen to someone who is lying towards me?" Sungmin asks sarcastically.

Yesung sighs. "Minnie, please" he said. "I don't want to start a fight again"

Sungmin laughs sarcastically. "Now, who started this fight?" she asks.

"Okay, I know, this was my fault, but can I at least explain?" Yesung asks.

"How could I let you explain when you've lied to me in the first place?" Sungmin asks. "I still remember our break up 7 years ago, dear Captain Cho Yesung?"

"Lee Sungmin, shut up!" Yesung raised his voice in anger. He really hates it whenever someone will brought up the topic about his break up with Sungmin 7 years ago.

The break up that changes his whole world.

The break up that take away his happiness.

His love, and his family.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

"Oppa, when are you going to go back from your training flight to Jeju island?" Sungmin asks from the phone. "I miss you"

Yesung just laughs awkwardly. He stares at Sooyoung who is seating beside him. "Wednesday" he lied as he embraces Sooyoung in his arms.

The truth is he's already in Seoul since yesterday. It's just that he didn't inform Sungmin, because he wants to avoid her. They just had a really big fight right before he left for his training flight. Sungmin accused him of cheating, which he even doesn't think of, so he gave her a piece of his mind, but of course, that's Lee Sungmin, the Ms. Childish drama queen, she thought that Yesung was mad at her because she knows that he's cheating, and she left him dumbfounded. And now, he's currently at a cafe with Sooyoung, a trainee flight attendant who is working with him. Sooyoung isn't her other woman, or whatever you call that. He isn't having an affair, well, if having an affair means you're having an official relationship with someone else other than your partner. They just flirt with each other despite the fact that both of them already has a girlfriend and boyfriend.

"Oppa, I'm so sorry for being such a possesive brat, I'm... Just... Well, jealous" Sungmin said. "The Unnie that I saw you with were so beautiful and y. I was nothing compared to her, that's why--"

Yesung sighs. "Minnie, let's not talk about this anymore, okay?" he asks. "It's okay Minnie, I can totally understand. Besides, it's also my fault that I met a girl without your concern"

"But... Who is that Unnie to you?" Sungmin asks.

"Oh, Minnie, how many times do I have to tell you that Sooyoung is just a friend?" Yesung asks which earned a gentle pinch from Sooyoung on his cheek.

"Player" she whispered.

Yesung just smiles at her as he shrugs his shoulder.

"A friend? Ah~ so she's just a friend?" Sungmin asks.

"Of course" Yesung lied. "Why? Are you doubting me?"

Sungmin laughs. "Oh, it wasn't a doubt. I'm not doubting you even a tiny bit" she said. "I'm just not believing you"

"What?"

"I saw you flirting with her" Sungmin said. "You better take your hands off of her"

Yesung's eyes widened. He quickly lets go of Sooyoung.

"Why?" she asks.

He was about to say something when someone slams the table. It was Sungmin.

"Minnie..." Yesung said. "I... I can totally explain, this isn't like what you see--"

Sungmin laughs sarcastically upon hearing him. "This isn't like what I see? Well of course it is" she said. "The thing that I see right now is my boyfriend who sounded like he loves me a lot is cheating with a from his work, while the truth is my boyfriend who never loves me at all with a from his work"

Yesung sighs. "Minnie, please, let me explain" he said.

Sungmin flashes a smirk before she slaps him so hard. "Just save that explanation for yourself, Yesung-ssi" she said. She turns towards Sooyoung. "And you"

Sooyoung gulps nervously upon seeing Sungmin's serious expression. "Are you really a woman?" she asks. "You must at least have some dignity! How could you be fine, knowing that someone who is currently flirting with you already has a girlfriend?"

Sooyoung didn't say anything.

"Oh, well, at least he's not married" Sungmin said. "That's what's in your mind, right?"

"Minnie, stop" Yesung said.

Sungmin scoffs at him. "Stop?" she asks. "Wow. Protecting your ?"

"Minnie, please, Sooyoung is not a , she--"

"I don't care whether she's a or not!" Sungmin said, raising her voice in anger. "All I care about is what I see. And I saw her flirting with you, who is literally my boyfriend. And I conclude that she's a from what I saw"

"Lee Sungmin, stop being a drama queen!" Yesung raised his voice at her.

Sungmin's eyes widened upon hearing him. Tears starts forming in his eyes as she laughs bitterly. "You never scolded me before" she said. "Where is that Cho Yesung that keeps on visiting my school everyday just to give me flowers and chocolates? Where is that Cho Yesung that keeps on saying sweet stuffs towards me? Where is that Cho Yesung that keeps on being patient towards me no matter what I've done? Where is that Cho Yesung, the mature one on our relationship?"

There was a moment of silent. All the eyes on that cafe were fixed towards the three of them. Even some of them were staring at Yesung like he's a total jerk.

Yesung takes a deep breath. He felt guilty as he see Sungmin's tears running down her cheeks. "Minnie..."

"Shut up!" Sungmin shouts even before he can say anything. "I don't need your ing sympathy!"

There was a moment of silent. Sungmin turns towards Sooyoung who still froze. Sungmin takes a glass of iced green tea on top of the table and splashed it towards Sooyoung.

She turns towards Yesung. "Goodbye" she said before leaving the cafe.

"Minnie, wait! Please listen!" Yesung shouts, but it was no use. Sungmin keeps on leaving him as if she can't hear him. He stares towards Sooyoung who is soaking wet. "Aish!" he shouts as he ruffles his hair frustratedly before running outside the cafe to follow Sungmin who just left.

Luckily, he manages to catch her. "Wait!" he said.

Sungmin turns towards him. "What?" she asks. "Let me go!"

"Not before you listen to me" Yesung said.

"What do you want me to listen to?" Sungmin asks. "Your bulls?"

"No, please--"

"I don't believe in second chance" Sungmin said. "Sorry. But you've changed. It's like a pure angel has turned into a devil. I don't like this new attitude of you"

Yesung closed his eyes and takes a deep breath. He opens his eyes and stares right into her eyes. "Then I don't have no choice" he said as he pulled Sungmin towards his car.

"What are you doing? Let me go!" Sungmin shouts, but Yesung didn't listen to her. He pushed her inside his car, instead.

He went inside his car and locked the door before driving it in maximum speed.

Sungmin quickly wears her seatbelt and hold onto the grip. "Cho Yesung! What the are you doing?!" she shouts.

"Shut up and let me explain!" Yesung shouts.

"Stop this car this instant!" Sungmin shouts.

"Not before you let me explain!"

"No! We're end!" Sungmin shouts. "You're cheating on me! You're no longer--"

"Lee Sungmin! It took me years of following you around and spoiling you untill I finally got you!" Yesung shouts frustratedly, still driving his car on maximum speed. "Why would I cheat on you?!"

"Then who is that Sooyoung ?! Are you going to say that she's just your ing friend?" Sungmin asks. "Better luck next time, sir because I'm not going to believe you!"

"Fine! I flirted with Sooyoung! Happy now?!" Yesung asks.

Sungmin laughs sarcastically. "Yeah! I'm so happy that I just broke up with a jerk like you!" she shouts. "Now, stop this car!"

"Minnie please..." Yesung said weakly. "I-- I admit that I flirted with Sooyoung but..."

"But, what?!" Sungmin asks.

Yesung stares at her. "But I don't have any commitments with her. We just flirted with each other. Not more, not less" he said. "You know, Minnie... We're far from each other because both of us were busy. Besides, we fought the last time we met. I missed you, but I can't meet you. That's why  I flirted with Sooyoung"

"Liar" Sungmin said. "If you really missed me then why did you lied to me?"

"I... I'm just not ready for another fight. That's why I avoided you" Yesung said. "But believe me, our first fight were a pure misunderstandings. Sooyoung and I were just friends back then" he adds before staring at the road in front of him--which is kind of useless because his mind's weren't there.

There was a moment of silent because both of them were too busy with their minds.

Sungmin's eyes widened when she saw something in front of the car. "Oppa! Look in front of you!"

Yesung quickly focuses his attention. His eyes widened as he sees what's in front of the car.

There was some turbulence before the car completely stopped as Yesung pulls the brake.

Both of them were out of breath. "D-did we... Did we just hit someone?" Sungmin asks.

Yesung sighs. "I guess" he said. "I'll go see it" he adds as he get out of the car.

He walks towards someone who is lying weakly near his car. "Hello? Sir, are you okay?" he asks as he pats that person's cheek.

But there was no movement from that person. Yesung pats that person's cheek one more time, harder this time. But that only makes that person to change his position, making him be able to see that person's face completely.

His eyes widened upon realizing who it was.

That's when Sungmin come. "Why? What's going on? Is that person dead?" she asks panickedly.

Yesung shook his head. "But..."

"But?"

"He's my brother" Yesung said panickedly.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

"Why? You hate it when someone reminds you of how you've changed into a bad person?" Sungmin asks, breaking his thoughts about his past. "Or you hate it when someone reminds you of how you've betray your family? They really love you, but you betrayed them like that"

"They don't love me" Yesung said weakly. "Not as much as they love Kyu"

"Why would you think so?" Sungmin asks. "If they don't love you, they won't pay for your flight school and they won't celebrate your birthday every year. They love you. Can't you see? You know what? If I don't help you hide the facts from your family on the first place, I think all this craziness aren't going to happen. I'm not going to have an affair with you, and Kyu is not going to be in a coma state right now"

Yesung lifted his head to stare at her. "So you mean... What we're doing is a mistake?"

"Is cheating on my husband not a mistake?" Sungmin asks.

Yesung flashes a smirk. "I should've known it. You love Kyu and not me" he said.

"Wow" Sungmin said. "Is someone trying to change the subject here? Aren't we supposed to talk about why are you here when you said you'll be back next week?"

Yesung sighs. "Minnie, remember 7 years ago?" he asks. "We fought before I left. You know me, I'll keep avoiding you untill I'm ready to talk to you. I know you, you'll never want to listen to my explanation and we'll just end up fighting! I'm tired of fighting, shouting, and scolding at each other!"

"Fine. Acceptable" Sungmin said. "But what's the girl with you at the hospital?"

Yesung sighs. "How could you find out?" he asks.

"My friend saw you at the hospital with that girl" Sungmin said. "Surprised?"

"Her name is Jiyeon"

"I'm not asking for her name" Sungmin said.

Yesung sighs. "Could you please stop being a drama queen?!" he asks.

Sungmin flashes a smirk. "Fine. Go on and explain about that !" she said.

"She's not a !"

"Then what is she?! She's flirting with you!" Sungmin said.

"And what am I to you?! Why would you be mad if I flirted with another woman?" Yesung asks. "I'm a free and single man! I'm free to flirt with any girls that I want!"

There was a moment of silent. Sungmin stares at him with teary eyes. "You know why I cheated on Kyu?" she asks.

Yesung didn't say anything.

"It's because of this. I can always see insecurity in his eyes whenever he's looking at me. Even when he touched me I can feel those insecurity. You know what? In our 7 years of marriage, he only touched me once, on our honeymoon. He never felt that he have me completely. He keeps on avoiding me because of that. He makes himself busy with his work" Sungmin said. "Even you guys acted exactly the same. Well. What can I say? Even if you're not blood related, you still grow up together. I just wanted to be loved completely, why can't both of you gave me that?" she adds before leaving Yesung dumbfounded.

He sighs as he ruffles his hair. "Why must everything turned like this?" he asks himself.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

"Minnie, do you want to go to the mall with me and Hyukkie?" Kibum asks. "You see, today is Siwon's birthday. I want to buy him a present"

"I'm sorry Bummie, I'd love to. But I have to go to the hospital" Sungmin said as she packed her bags.

The bell just rang a few minutes ago, but Sungmin is already busy packing her stuffs to go to the hospital. She doesn't know why, but she's always excited like this every time she's going to see kyuhyun. She's even excited for their fights.

Kibum stares at her suspiciously. "You keeps on going to the hospital after school these days" she said. "Why? What's going on? Is something bad happening to Yesung Oppa?"

Sungmin shook her head, still busy with her stuffs. "No. It's not him. It's his brother" she said.

"His brother? Wow. So your relationship is to the step where he introduces you to his family?" Kibum asks excitedly.

Sungmin sighs. "No, Bummie" she said. "In fact, me and Yesung Oppa already ended a month ago"

Kibum's eyes widened. "Eh? Why?" she asks. "Don't tell me that you want to date his brother instead?"

That's when Sungmin blushed profusedly. "No!" she said.

"Then why are you blushing?" Kibum asks. "Omo! Don't tell me that you already falling in love with his brother? Aigoo~ Lee Sungmin! You're such a " she adds teasingly.

"W-what? Me? In love with that guy?" Sungmin asks. "Heol! In your dream, Bummie"

"Why? Is he ugly?"

"No. He's handsome" Sungmin said.

"Is Yesung Oppa more handsome than him?"

"They have their own charms" Sungmin said. "They're both handsome, if you ask me"

"Then, why?"

"He's such a player" Sungmin said. "He keeps on giving girls false hopes. And when I gave him a piece of my mind, he was like 'why are you even bothered to care?'"

Kibum nods. "So, he's the bad guy type. The opposite of Yesung Oppa" she said. "But, Minnie, if you ask me, he was kind of right. If you don't like him, why are you even bothered to care?"

Sungmin blushed even more upon hearing her. "I--I was just... I'm doing this for his own good!" she said.

"Ooh, really?" Kibum asks. "Hyukkie! Come here! I have some interesting news!"

Eunhyuk quickly ran towards both of them. "What? What did I miss?" she asks.

"Minnie just broke up with Yesung Oppa a month ago" Kibum said.

"Omo! Really?" Eunhyuk asks with wide eyes open.

"And that's not the best part" Kibum said. "She's in love with his brother now. But she's still being denial of it"

"Omo~ Lee Sungmin you're such a " Eunhyuk said teasingly.

"Okay! Fine! I like him! Happy now?" Sungmin asks, blushing as hard as ever. "But please, keep this a secret from everyone, arasseo?"

"No, unless you take us with you to the hospital to meet him" Kibum and Eunhyuk said in unison.

"What? No!" Sungmin said. "Besides, aren't you guys going to the mall?"

"Oh, we can buy present for Masi later" Kibum said.

"B-but... Come on! He'll be like... 'Wow, so you liked me to the step you want to introduce me to your friends?'" Sungmin said. "He'll keeps on teasing me like that!"

"Oh, so he's the type of sensitive guy?" Kibum asks. "He's getting more interesting! Let's go!"

Sungmin just sighs as her friends pulled her out of the class.

'Why did I befriend them on the first place?' she thought frustratedly.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

"You seemed like you're avoiding him" Kangin said right after Yesung left Kyuhyun's room.

"I am" Kyuhyun said.

"Why?" Kangin asks, pretending that he doesn't know what bothers Kyuhyun's mind.

"You know what, Ajussi? It seems like Yesung hyung and Minnie already know each other before" Kyuhyun said. "And I don't know what's their relationship"

"So?"

"I-- I'm just afraid"

"Of?"

"I'm afraid if they already planned all of this" Kyuhyun said.

"You've got a point" Kangin said. "But why must they plan all of this?"

"Why?... Well... Because..." Kyuhyun stopped for a while. "I don't know"

Kangin was about to say something again when someone knocks the door.

It was Sungmin.

Kyuhyun quickly fakes a smile. "Hey, little girl!" he said. "I thought you are not going to come today"

"I'm coming" Sungmin said as she enters the room, followed by Kibum and Eunhyuk.

"And who's those girls behind you?" Kyuhyun asks.

Sungmin quickly flashes a smile--well, an obviously fake one. "They are my friends" she said. "Don't get the wrong message! They forced me to bring them with me!"

Kyuhyun raises an eyebrow. "Who's getting the wrong message?" he asks. "I'm not. I don't even understand what wrong message are you talking about"

"Well... Because... You might be thinking that I like you to the step that I want to proudly introduce you to my friends" Sungmin said which she quickly regrets after seing a grin spread across Kyuhyun's face.

"So you want me to think like that?" he asks. "Wow~ I should've known it. You liked me. What else would you expect from me?"

"Aish! I've told you it's not like that!" Sungmin said as she stomped her feet.

"Nanana I can't hear you~" Kyuhyun said. He turned towards Kibum and Eunhyuk. "So let me guess, does that kiddo pulls both of you here so she can introduce me, who is her crush to you?"

Kibum laughs. "Yes, she pulled us here!"

"Yes! Oppa, you must know that she's so passionate when she's talking about you a while ago" Eunhyuk adds.

That's when Kyuhyun blushed a little. "She did?" he asks.

Kibum and Eunhyuk nods while Sungmin shouts. "I don't!"

"By the way, Oppa, what's your name?" Kibum asks. "Ah, and how old are you? You see, if one day you and Minnie will be in a relationship, we'll know how much older you're than her"

Kyuhyun laughs upon hearing her. "I'm not interested in kiddos" he said.

"I'm not a kiddo!" Sungmin said.

Kyuhyun ignores her. "My name is Cho Kyuhyun, I'm 20 years old, 2 years older than all of you" he said. "It's nice to meet you. And you?"

He had only seen Kibum and Eunhyuk once in his wedding day, and Sungmin didn't even introduce him to them, so he doesn't even know them. That's why he felt happy when he knew that Sungmin is introducing him to her friends now.

"I'm Kim Kibum and this one is Lee Eunhyuk. We're both Sungmin's best friends" Kibum said, introducing herself.

"So... Kibum and Eunhyuk?" Kyuhyun asks. He smiles towards both of them. "So people was right. Beautiful names for beautiful people were really exist" he said which he did purpose to make Sungmin jealous.

Kibum and Eunhyuk blushes upon hearing him while Sungmin just rolls her eyes at him. "Hey, Mr. Flirt, do you mind not flirting for just a minute?" she asks. "You see, my friend already had boyfriends"

"I'm not flirting with them. I'm saying the truth" Kyuhyun said all innocent-like.

"Ah, by the way, so are you really Yesung Oppa's brother?" Eunhyuk asks. "You doesn't look-alike at all"

That's when Kyuhyun's smile vanished. How could Eunhyuk know Yesung? She doesn't supposed to know, right?. "He's my stepbrother. He's adopted when he's 12" he said, pretending to be fine. "By the way, how could you guys know Yesung Hyung?"

"Oh? You don't know? He's--"

"He's an Oppa that is really close to us!" Sungmin said which cutted off Eunhyuk's explanation. "We knew him when the company he worked at is doing some kind of a socialization about flight safety in our school. Right, Bummie?" she adds which wasn't a lie. That's how she and Yesung know each other. But she wasn't even interested to Yesung back then. It was him that keeps on chasing her untill she finally accepted him after 2 years of chasing her.

"Oh, yeah, right!" Kibum quickly lied upon seeing Sungmin's slight wink.

"What are you guys talking about? We all know-- ouch! What's that for?" Eunhyuk asks to kibum who is stepping on her foot to stop her from talking.

"He's our close Oppa" Kibum said, emphasizing the word 'oppa'.

Eunhyuk who finally got their message finally nods. "Oh, yeah! How could I forget?" she asks awkwardly.

Kyuhyun know that there was something wrong. He was about to say something when Sungmin asks "when are they going to allow you to go home?" she asks. "It seems like you're fine already"

"Tomorrow" Kyuhyun said. "That's why they already took off my IV"

That's when Sungmin smiled sadly. "Oh, really?" she asks. "Then I'm not going to be able to see you again"

She knows that it was wrong, and selfish, but how she wished that Kyuhyun will never recover so that she can always see him.

"Why? Are you sad?" Kyuhyun asks teasingly.

Sungmin's eyes widened upon hearing him. "Me? Sad? Because of nor being able to see you anymore? Heol! In your dreams!" she said. "I'm relieved instead! I'm relieved that I'm not going to see you anymore!"

"Ei, just say the truth, will you?" Kyuhyun asks.

"I'm saying the truth!" Sungmin said.

Kyuhyun just laughs softly at her. "Whatever kiddo. But you can still visit me if you want" he said.

Sungmn's eyes widened. "Really?" she asks.

"Omo, you're being too obvious, girl" Kyuhyun said.

"What? No! I... I'm just happy that I can still see you, my 'friend' even after you recovers!" Sungmin said. "But... I don't have your address..."

"You can ask Yesung Hyung for it" Kyuhyun said. There was a hint of jealousy in his voice and Sungmin can heard it. She blushes slightly upon hearing him. "He's your close 'Oppa' right?"

"W-why him?" Sungmin asks. "I'll just ask Heechul Ajumma instead"

"Whatever" Kyuhyun said.

"Aigoo, is someone jealous of his own brother here?" Sungmin asks.

Kyuhyun rolls his eyes at her. "I know that's what you want right now, but I'm not even tiny bit jealous" he lied.

Sungmin sighs. "Fine. See you later" she said. "Let's go, Bummie, Hyukkie!" she adds before leaving, followed by Kibum and Eunhyuk.

Just right after they left, Changmin, Minho, and Suho enters Kyuhyun's room. "Hey Kyu, I heard that you're allowed to go home tomorrow?" he asks.

Kyuhyun nods. "I'm so bored of this place" he said. "I miss school. What happened with Mr. Baldy Jung?"

Changmin laughs. "Unfortunately he's fine" he said. "You must be dreaming if Heechul Umma and Hankyung Appa will let you go to school right after you're allowed to go home"

"I know" Kyuhyun said. "They are so overprotective towards me. I mean, I'm already 20!"

That's when Minho pats his shoulder. "Your parents has nowhere else to care on but you" he said. "Yesung Hyung is too busy. They had nowhere else but you"

"I know, again" Kyuhyun said.

"By the way, we saw that cute girl that is always visiting you on our way here" Suho said. "What's her name? I forgot it"

"Minnie" Changmin said. "I remember it. Her nickname is the same as mine"

"But, she's not alone. Who's with her?" Minho asks.

"Ah~ that's her friends" Kyuhyun said. "She's introducing me to them"

Changmin giggles. "Maybe she likes you" he said.

Kyuhyun smiles as he remembers Sungmin's blushing face whenever he'll . "Maybe" he said.

"But... Isn't she Yesun hyung's ex?" Minho said out of the blue.

"Eh?" Kyuhyun, Changmin and Suho asks in unison.

Minho nods. "Yeah, they just broke up recently" he said. "I heard them talking yesterday"

There was a moment of silent. Nobody talked.

'If Yesung Hyung is Minnie's ex, then he's the one that makes me like this?' Kyuhyun thought. 'So they hide all of this behind me for 7 years? But why?'

"Kyu, why? What's happened? Are you okay?" Changmin asks, breaking his thoughts.

Kyuhyun turns towards him. "Could you guys please look for my doctor?" he asks. "She said that she's going to do a final examination on me around this afternoon, but I don't know where is she"

"The three of us?" Minho asks.

Kyuhyun nods. "Yes. Please" he said.

The three of them nods their heads before leaving his room. It wasn't like they want to be bossed around by him, it's just that they see that he's in a badmood, so it's better to leave.

He clenched his fist as soon as they left. "How could they made fool of me for these 7 years?" he asks himself. He takes a deep breath as he took his cellphone and called someone.

"Hello, Wookie?" Kyuhyun asks. "It's about your confession a month ago"

There was a moment of silent.

"I want to be your boyfriend" Kyuhyun said. "Why not? You're a good girl"

Another moment of silent.

"Yes, I'm your boyfriend now" he said. "Okay, see you later"

"What are you up to?" Kangin asks.

"I'm having a revenge" Kyuhyun said, still clenching his fist.

Kanging sighs. "I'm not going to stop you. It's your life" he said. "But don't regret it if you hurt anyone you love" he adds before leaving.

Kyuhyun sighs. "I also don't want to do this" he said. "But this is the last straw. It's enough. I'll make them feel what I feel for those 7 years"

 

To be continued...

 

 

Now that we have this chapter, why did I think that yeye is even more jerky than I thought XD or was it just me?