This is Just the Beginning

Reset

Chapter 11-this is just the beginning

A/n: so yeah, I can't just let fic ideas flow in my head without expressing it. So I decided to type with my iPod touch, but I'm not yet used to small screens (my phone has a big screen :"v), so if you find lots of typos, I'm so sorry >< and if the romance scenes were awkward, I'm so sorry, I've never been good at it>< I'm good at writing cheesy stuffs, but not with serious romance--which explains why my main genre is rom-com tho lol
*the text in purple are the present (again because I just love purple XD)

Comments would be highly appreciated!^^

"Did you forget your phone?"
Kyuhyun sighs. "No" he said lazily without looking up from his PSP. "You're the one who put it inside my backpack"
"Really? Let me re-check" Sungmin said as she opens his backpack and checked it--for like the nth time today. "Oh, okay, handphone, wallet, pen, laptop, all done. You're free to go"
"Am I really free to go this time?"
There's a moment of silent. "Wait, where's your wallet?"
Kyuhyun groaned as he turned off his PSP. "Enough Min" he said. "You've been asking and doing the same thing for the past 10 minutes!"
Sungmin sighs as she sit right beside him on the bed. "Well... This is your first day" she said. "I was just nervous"
Kyuhyun laughs softly. "And it seems like you're even more nervous than me" he said.
It's been 3 years since his enlistment, a year after his discharge, a year after he graduated from college, and his first day working at hankyung's company. He felt nervous--even more nervous than his first time. He did well the first time, will he be able to do it well too, the second time? But he managed to conceal his nervousness unlike Sungmin.
Sungmin sighs--again. "Seriously, where did you get all your courage?" She asks. "I mean, come on, how come you're not even a little bit nervous? This is your first day! What if you did something wrong? They might think that you are incompetent!"
"Minnie, hold my hands" Kyuhyun instructed.
Sungmin stares at him confusedly, but still hold his hands.
"It's cold, right?" Kyuhyun asks, which she nods as a reply. "It means I'm also nervous. But I hide it. Why? Because the more I felt nervous, the more they think that I'm inexperienced and incompetent" he adds, telling her what Hankyung told him.
"But still... Are you not afraid that you might say something wrong?"
Kyuhyun smiles. "I won't" he said. "I'll work hard, so I can make my beautiful wife happy"
Sungmin blushes. "Just having you in front of me already makes me happy" she said. "I don't need anything else"
Kyuhyun just smiles bitterly. 'Maybe now you don't need anything else but me, but who knows?' He thought.
Kangin said once he fixed all his past mistakes, he can go back to his real world. To his 27 years old self. He fixed all his mistakes. Sungmin loves him--it's very obvious, and Yesung keeps on spending his free time with Ryeowook--well, they said that they were just friends, but who knows?. But still, there's no sign that he's going back to his real world. What else does he need to fix?. Everything seemed like a bomb, waiting to explode.
"Kyu?" Sungmin called when she notices me spacing out. "Kyunnie?"
"Kyunnie?" Kyuhyun asks.
Sungmin laughs softly. "Well, it's the nickname Heechul umma made for you when she teased us. Do you remember?" She asks.
"Of course I do" Kyuhyun said. 'But not the one Umma made' he thought.
"But... Can I tell you the truth behind that nickname?" Sungmin asks. "Truth is, I'm the one who made it. You looked so innocent and cute when you sleep, and I used to visit you everyday, even before you wake up, so I made that cute nickname for you"
Kyuhyun's eyes widened. "You made that nickname for me?" He asked.
Sungmin nods shyly. "Yeah" she said. "Do you hate it?"
Kyuhyun smiles. "No, I liked it" he said. 'The fact that you made that nickname again for me, the fact that you even bothered to remember it after years'
"Really? I thought you would hate it because it sounded too cute" Sungmin said as she pouted her lips.
"No, it's fine though" Kyuhyun said. "Besides, you're the first to call me such cute names like that"
That's when Sungmin giggles. "Then I'm your first at everything"
This is the same. This is too same. Just like their first conversation 7 years ago.
She was shocked when suddenly Kyuhyun hugs her tight.
"Why?" She asks.
"You... You love me, right?" Kyuhyun asks, there's a hint of insecurity in his voice.
Sungmin was confused, but she hugs him back. "Of course. You know it" she said.
"Then don't ever change" Kyuhyun whispered to her ears. "I love you too, don't ever hurt me" 'again' he thought.
"Of course I won't hurt you, I'd be hurt too if you're hurt" Sungmin said as she pats his back, trying to calm him, even though she doesn't know what he's feeling insecure of. "Well, as long as you don't look at a late-twenties or mid-thirties flirty ajumma's " she adds possessively.
Kyuhyun laughs as he lets go of her to stare at her face. "Why would I do that?" He asks.
"Because in the dramas I watch, they are so beautiful and y" Sungmin said as she pouts. "Aish, why do I need to thought of this when you're being all sweet all of a sudden"
"You watched too much dramas" Kyuhyun said as he tries to control his laughter. "Why would I look at an ajumma, no matter how y and beautiful they are when I have a young wife, waiting for me at home?"
"Don't you try to lure me with your cheesy words" Sungmin said.
"No,that's not cheesy, that's the truth" Kyuhyun said. "Besides, if it's about beautiful and y, it's my wife Lee Sungmin who came first to my mind"
Sungmin blushed. "You sweet-talker" she said shyly. "Good luck on your first day. I love you" she adds as she kissed his cheek.
Kyuhyun smiles at her. "I love you too" he said as he kissed her lips. 'Maybe this is just not yet the time to come back. There will be nothing wrong' he thought.
And both of them didn't notice Kangin who was standing at the other side of the room, staring at them. He sighs. "I know something bad is going to be happen soon, but what is it? And why?" He took out a picture from his pocket and stares at it. "You have nothing to do with this, right?"


~~~***~~~


"Kyu, this is your first day working at Hankyung's company, right?" Heechul asks when they are in the middle of having breakfast.
Kyuhyun nods. "Yeah, why?"
Heechul sighs. "Minnie, maybe we should bring your husband to the hospital" she said. "How come he's not feeling nervous at all?"
Sungmin sighs. "I asked him about that earlier" she said. "But he just didn't listen. He said that it's normal"
"About what? Bringing him to the hospital?" Hankyung asks.
"Ha. Very funny, 'abeoji'" Kyuhyun said, using the formal term (idk if this considered formal, but this is still more formal than 'appa' right?) to call his father.
Hankyung laughs. "Thanks for the compliment, son. I know I'm a great mood booster"
"Anyway, when will both of you move to your house? We've prepared it for you" Heechul said. "So that it will be just the two of you" she adds in a teasing way.
That's when Kyuhyun and Sungmin blushed as they stares at each other.
"Next week"
"Next month"
They said at the same time.
Heechul pouts. "What's this? It's only been 3 years since you got married, and there's already a divided opinion between the two of you" she said. "You need to learn from me and Hannie. We've been married for more than 2 decades, and there's no such thing as divided opinions"
"Yeah, she's the one who decided everything. Of course there's no such thing as divided opinions" Hankyung said.
That's when Heechul shoots him a deadly glare. "Shut up, Hannie" she said. "Anyway, I liked Kyu's idea, you need to move next week, as soon as possible, it will be better if you move tomorrow though"
Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at her. "Just say that you don't want anyone else to disturb your moment with Appa" he said.
Heechul laughs softly. "As expected from my son" she said.
"Unfortunately, Yesung hyung will still be here" Kyuhyun said.
"Oh, Yeye, he spent like 80% of his time at work" Heechul said.
"Why are you guys mentioning my name?" Yesung asks as he enters the dining room.
"Omo! you shocked me" Heechul said. "Yah! Do you want to make your mom die of heart attack?"
Yesung laughs. "Sorry, I didn't mean it" he said. "Anyway, what were you talking about before I came?"
"Nothing, just a notice to this couple" Heechul said as she stares at Kyuhyun and Sungmin. She stares back at him, at his uniform. "And why are you wearing your uniform already? Your flight is at 12, right? This is just 7"
"Well, I'm going to Wookie's house first. Today is her graduation day, but I can't come since I'm busy so I promised her that I'll have breakfast with her. she'll be mad if I didn't fulfill it" Yesung said. "Anyway, umma, I'm sorry but I won't be eating breakfast with you, I'm going to be late if I don't go now"
Heechul's eyes widened. "So you guys are already a couple?" She asks excitedly.
Yesung blushed. "No! Why would us?" He asks shyly.
Heechul sighs. "Seriously Yeye, this is weird, it's been 3 years since you guys started acting like a couple" she said. "I even saw you kissed her yesterday, at the backyard"
Yesung blushed even more. "W-what? You saw that?" He asks.
Heechul rolls her eyes. "You need to be more careful" she said. "If you really like her, just confess. I bet she likes you too"
Yesung didn't say anything. To be honest, he also doesn't understand his feelings towards Ryeowook.
He wants to protect her, he wants to make her happy, he wants to see her smile everyday, and... Deep in his heart, he actually wants to have her.
This is different with his feelings towards Sungmin.
With Sungmin, he wanted her. It's like he's obsessed about her. Nothing more, it's just that he wanted her.
He just can't understand his feelings. One thing for sure, he knows this isn't love. Well, if it's really love, why didn't he feel this way with Sungmin?.
'Maybe I should ask, there's nothing wrong with it' he thought.
"Umma" he called. But Heechul didn't heard him. She's currently teasing the couple--again.
Staring at them like that, the whole family without him, he felt sad. 'They looks good like this' he thought. 'There's no place for me'
"Umma" he called once more, and Heechul turned to look at him. "What is it honey?" She asks as she smiles towards him.
A hint of relieve--just a hint starts rushing him.
At least she cared. At least they cared.
He smiles at her. "Nothing. I'm going now" he said.
"Okay, and have a safe flight! Fighting!" Heechul said towards him. "And don't get someone pregnant before you confess to her!" She adds which makes everyone laughs--accept Yesung.
He just nods his head before he left the dining room.
He sighs as he leaned his back towards the wall as soon as he left the room. "What was I thinking? There was no way I would be abandoned once more" he said, sounded more like a question.

~~~***~~~


"Noona? Where are you going? This is just 7 in the morning, and your graduation ceremony starts at 9" Jongin asks when he saw Ryeowook who already dressed up.
"I'm going to have breakfast with a friend" Ryeowook said. "He's going to be here soon" she adds as she stares at her watch.
Jongin frowns. "He?" He asks. "So you already has a new boyfriend? How come you didn't tell me about anything?"
Ryeowook blushed. "He's just a friend!" She said shyly.
Jongin raises an eyebrow. "Oh, really? If he's really just a friend, then why are you so dressed up when you're just about to have breakfast with him?" He asks suspiciously.
Ryeowook stares at her purple midi dress. "This isn't 'all dressed up', Jongin" she said, refusing to tell the fact to her brother.
The fact that she's actually starting to fall in love with Yesung. But their relationship was really weird, she doesn't know how she will tell Jongin about it. They were just friends, none of them has said 'I love you' to each other, not even once, but they acted like a couple. They even kissed sometimes--well, if every time they met is still considered as sometimes.
Ryeowook wanted to confess, she really want to do it, ending all this friendzone stuff between them.
But what if Yesung doesn't like her back? What if Yesung still loves Sungmin? What if Yesung only thought of her as a little sister?. She's not going to consider feeling a heart break once more.
"Jongin-ah" Ryeowook called which makes Jongin turned to face her.
"What?"
"If a man kissed a girl, doesn't it mean that he likes her?" Ryeowook asks.
 "Well... Unless he's a total jerk or he just wants to lie to you?" Jongin said. He frowns--again. "Don't tell me that he kissed you? In a 'friend' status?!"
"N-no! It's not like that, I was just curious!" Ryeowook stammered.
Jongin stares at her suspiciously. "Noona, did you know that you're this world's worst liar?" He asks. "Well, it's fine if you don't want to tell me. But let me warn you, if he's lying, don't come crying. If that happens, I won't say 'I've told you so'"
Ryeowook pouts. "Why are you saying all these bad stuff about him?" She asks. "He's a good person"
"I got a bad feeling about him" Jongin said. "If he really loves you, why don't he confess?"
"Jongin, confessing isn't that easy" Ryeowook said.
"Oh, so you're defending him? The man who is obviously lying to you?" Jongin asks.
"Why are you so sure about him lying to me? It's just your feeling!" Ryeowook said. "Besides, Jongin, don't be so overreacting, it's just a kiss"
Jongin snickers. "Yeah, right, it's just a kiss" he said. "First, it was a kiss, then he's going to ask for more"
"He's not that kind of man, Jongin. You don't know him" Ryeowook said.
"Yes, that's right, I don't know him. But I'm also a man, And all men were the same. We will never have enough. We will always ask for more" Jongin said. "Noona, Mom and Dad told me to protect you while they are in New York, I can't let him deceive you like this"
Ryeowook shook her head. "No, Jongin. I'll prove that you're wrong" she said. "He will never ever deceive me"
"Oh, really? You also said that when I doubted that Kyuhyun guy" Jongin said. "And I was right, he only used you as a rebounder"
"No, Jongin, he didn't use me as a rebounder, he was just not sure about his own feelings" Ryeowook lied. She knows the truth really well, but she hide it.
But no, it's not for Kyuhyun, it's for Yesung. So at least Jongin won't think bad about him just because he's Kyuhyun's step brother.
"And you believed that?" Jongin asks. "Just how innocent is he?"
"Jongin, that's his first love. He doesn't understand anything" Ryeowook said. "Besides, he's married now. Just let him be"
Jongin rolled his eyes at her. "How come you didn't hold any grudge towards him?" He asks. "Just because it's his first love, you would forgive him?"
"Whatever Jongin" Ryeowook said. "See? Even Kyuhyun didn't hurt me. He is his step brother, he won't hurt me either"
Jongin flashes a smirk. "'Step' brother" he said, emphasizing the word 'step'. "Noona, do you really love him that much that you want to date his step brother instead, now that he's married?"
Ryeowook sighs. "Jongin, it's not like that" she said. "Okay, I admit, I fell in love with him. Would you just let me have a new love life? He's a good guy, he won't hurt me, I promise"
Jongin was about to say something when the doorbell rang. "Is it him?" He asks.
Ryeowook glares at him. "Behave" she said as she stands up and walks towards the door and opened it.
Yesung was standing there as he smiled towards her. "Hi, congratulations on your graduation" he said. His smile vanished when he noticed Ryeowook's serious expression. "Did something bad happened to you?"
Ryeowook quickly forces a smile. "No, nothing. I was just having a little fight with my brother" she said. "He's such a brat"
Yesung laughs softly. "But he's younger than you. You should've just let him win" he said.
Ryeowook rolls her eyes at him. "Whatever Mr. Mature" she said. 
"Should we get going now? Or else both of us will be late" Yesung said as he holds her hand.
Ryeowook blushed. "Okay, let's go" she said.
"Noona, where are you going?" Jongin asks, pretending to be innocent.
Ryeowook sigh as she lets go of Yesung's hand. She turned to face Jongin. "Jongin, I've told you, I'm just going to have breakfast with him, not more, not less" she said.
"Who is he?" Jongin asks again.
'Behave' Ryeowook mouthed. "Oh, I haven't introduced him to you? Jongin, this is Yesung oppa, he's just a friend, Yesung oppa, this is Jongin, he's my brother"
Yesung smiles at him. "Hello Jongin, my name is Cho Yesung, nice to meet you" he said.
Jongin glares at him. "Oh, hi, my name is Kim Jongin, nice to meet you too" he said. "Anyway, I heard my noona called you 'Oppa', so you're older than her. You must be working, what is it?"
Yesung laughs softly. "I think it's pretty clear from my uniform" he said.
Jongin stares at his uniform. "Ah, so you're a pilot?" He asks which Yesung answered with a nod. "But why did you come here with your uniform? So you can brag to my noona?"
"Jongin!"
Yesung laughs. "I see you're very protective towards your sister" he said. "I can get it though, your parents is not here 24/7 and your noona is so beautiful, I'm sure there are a lot of men who wants her" he adds which made Ryeowook blushed shyly. "Anyway, this isn't for bragging or whatever you call it. I have a flight at 12, and there's a briefing at 11, so I need to be at the airport at 10. I can't come to Wookie's graduation day, that's why I promised to have a breakfast with her"
Jongin glares at him. "You don't have to promise her anything if you're that busy" he said. "Yesung hyung" he adds sarcastically.
"Oh, Jongin, how I wish I could do that. You know, just one extra hour of sleeping would be so meaningful to me, considering the fact that I just arrived at Korea last night, but you know your noona" Yesung said. "She said that she will never ever see me again if I didn't come to her graduation ceremony, so I promised her this 'date' instead"
"Hey! I didn't say that!" Ryeowook said as she hits his shoulder gently.
Yesung laughs. "You didn't say it directly, but I know it" he said.
Jongin just stares at them. Ryeowook seemed so happy, and it seemed like Yesung really loves her. But why don't he confess?.
"Anyway, Jongin, we should get going now, or else we're going to be late. Do you want to join us?" Yesung asks.
Jongin shook his head. "No need, just take your time for both of you" he said.
"Okay, see you later" Yesung said as he holds Ryeowook's hand and walked away.
"Yesung hyung" Jongin said which makes Yesung stops walking and turned to face him. "You know, you must take every good opportunities while it's available" he said, signaling him to confess.
Yesung raises an eyebrow as he didn't understand what he was talking about, but he just nodded his head.
Jongin sighs. 
Maybe now his noona finally met the right guy.

~~~***~~~

"So how was it today? Do they like you?" Sungmin asks as she hugs Kyuhyun when he just arrived with Hankyung.
Hankyung laughs. "You only hugged your husband? No welcome hug for your father in law?" He asks teasingly.
Sungmin pouts. "Because, if I hugged you too, Mrs. Kim Heechul will be jealous" she said. She turned towards Kyuhyun. "How was today?" She asks again.
"Well... It went good as planned... And I think they liked me from their good responses" Kyuhyun said as he hugs her back.
"Really?" Sungmin asks. "Daebak! As expected from my husband" she adds with her cutesy tone.
Hankyung sighs. "Lovebirds" he said. "Where's Chullie?"
"Ah, chullie umma is at the kitchen, she's currently preparing for dinner" Sungmin said. She pouted her lips. "I wanted to help her but she forbids me from entering the kitchen"
"And I bet everybody knows why" Kyuhyun said teasingly.
"Aish! Why are you so mean towards me?" Sungmin asks. "Anyway, did someone tried to flirt with you today?"
"No! No one, of course" Kyuhyun said, a little bit too fast.
Sungmin eyed him suspiciously. "Really?"
"He's lying" Hankyung said as he walks towards the kitchen. "Lots of girls tried to flirt with him today"
And by the time Kyuhyun wants to protest, he's already inside the kitchen.
Sungmin shots him a deadly glare. "Is that true?"
"Well... But...  I didn't care. It's not like I flirted back with them" Kyuhyun said.
Sungmin rolls her eyes at him. "And how could I know?" She asks. "Oh well, guys are all like that though"
That's when Kyuhyun kissed her lips. "Never ever said that" he said as he lets go of her. "I hate it when you say that I'm no different with other guys"
"Why?" Sungmin asks, almost whispering due to their very close distance. She can't help it, even if they are married now, and it's been 3 years, she still feel nervous whenever they will do romantic stuffs like this.
"Because that means if ever I'm gone or if ever I don't have time for you..." Kyuhyun stops for a while as he stares right into her eyes. "That means you can easily find a replacement for me, because I'm no different than any other guys out there" he adds before he pulls her into another kiss.
Sungmin closes her eyes tightly as their kiss grew passionate.
Kyuhyun knows, he's not supposed to do this, especially to his wife's 4 years ago self, but however, he's just a grown up man who never touches his wife after 7 years, he just can't help it. "It's been 3 years..." He said when he lets go of her for a while. "Shall we?"
There's a moment of silent as Sungmin just stares at him and tries to catch her breath. "But... We haven't have dinner yet" she said softly.
"She will understand" Kyuhyun said as he lifted her in a bridal style.
And the next thing she knows is that Kyuhyun already lay her down gently on the bed. "It's really ok, right?" He asks. "And I don't accept any other answers than yes"
Sungmin laughs softly as she nods her head, giving him permission. "I had to admit that I want it too" she said seductively. "I thought you'll never ask for it"
Kyuhyun flashes a smirk. "Then you're lucky that I asked" he said as he leaned forward, attempting to start another kiss when Sungmin suddenly saw her laptop on top of the table which reminded her of something.
"Wait" she said as she pushed him a bit.
"Why?" Kyuhyun asks.
"Get up" Sungmin said which made him get up and sit on the bed beside her. "I'm so so sorry, but I just remember, I have a task and the due date is tomorrow. I'm really really sorry. You know how much I wanted this too, but this task due date is tomorrow. You can understand, right? However, you always told me how our future is the most important thing, right?"
There's a moment of silent as Sungmin just stares at him nervously. Actually, he's really disappointed at her. When it's his turn to be busy in the wrong timing like this, Sungmin would never understand, which will lead a big fight between them, which ends with how he just left her with all her ego, and the next thing he know, she's already cheating and wants to divorce him, but now that it's her turn to be busy, she's forcing him to understand. She was all like 'you can understand, right?' As if she's not accepting a 'no' as an answer. He knows that this is just Sungmin's 4 years ago self who never cheated on him, who already loves him from the very beginning, but still, a person will never change, even if he turned back the time. Her reaction will still be the same if ever he become busy again.
But well, it's not Cho Kyuhyun if he can successfully saying what he really thought about Lee Sungmin. He's too afraid that once he said that, she's going to leave him, and replaying the same cheating drama from 7 years ago.
So he just faked a smile. "Yeah, of course. I know you're busy" he said. "Good luck on your task"
Sungmin smiles at him. "Thank you" she said. "We can always do it next time"
"What if I'm busy next time?" Kyuhyun asks, just to test her.
Sungmin laughs softly. "You can never be too busy when it comes to me" she said. "You'll always have time for me, right?"
Kyuhyun smiles bitterly without her noticing. "Yeah" he said. "Right" he adds.
But one thing she didn't notice. It was 'yeah, right' not 'yeah' and 'right'.

~~~***~~~

Sungmin was currently on her way back to Kyuhyun's room after she went to her office for a while to give her resignation letter at the gallery where she works when she heard some nurses' conversation.
"Mr. Cho Kyuhyun from room 6012 hasn't wake up yet?" One of the nurse asks.
"Yeah" another nurse said. "He's already 90% healed, and he's still in a coma state. That's kind of... Abnormal"
"That's weird" her friend said. "I wonder what make him doesn't want to wake up yet. I mean, he has his very beautiful wife waiting for him everyday. And his really handsome brother is also here every time he's not busy, so why?"
Sungmin tried to hold back her tears when she heard that. This conversation reminds her about what doctor Song told her last month. That she needs to let go of his husband in 6 months. A month has passed after doctor Song said that. Which means, only 3 months left, and still, no sign that Kyuhyun would open his eyes. She was about to leave, trying to avoid the topic when the nurse said something again.
"Know what?" The nurse said. "I guess there's something wrong between him and his wife"
"Why?"
"Well, because as we see, his wife is waiting for him everyday, and it's not only once or twice we saw her cried and whispered 'sorry' to him" she said. "It is as if she's really guilty"
"We can never conclude that" her friend said. "Maybe it's 'sorry' as in for 'sorry, it should've been me who is in your position'. You know lovebirds"
"I would also said that if I didn't remember the cause of that accident"
"It's drunk driving, right?"
"Nah, we must never call it drunk driving" the nurse said. "Based on the blood check result, the alcohol rate on his blood is not even enough to make a little kid drunk. He's not even drunk. He may be tipsy--if he's really that inexperienced with alcohol, but he's not going to be drunk. Never" she adds. "If it's really drunk driving, the police would be here like, everyday, waiting for him to wake up and investigate him"
Sungmin's eyes widened. So everything was planned? The accident was planned? He did that on purpose?. She covers with her hands as tears starts falling from her eyes.
She always thought about how she's hurt in their relationship before, but even she didn't have any single thought about suicide. Why must she find out about all of this stuffs now?. Why must she find out that he's hurt now, that everything is too late to be restarted all over again?. Even if this life is just like a game, which she can press 'reset' anytime, this is a stage where even the pause menu won't show. This is a step where she can't press reset.
Even if she's cheating, deep in her heart, she still really really loves him, just like the day when she proposed to him. It's just that he didn't have much time for her... And that he never become himself whenever he's with her. He never said what's in his mind and what he wants from her. He just kept it inside, unlike with Ryeowook where he just said everything in his mind--which made her jealous. And that's when she started thinking that Kyuhyun doesn't love her.
But that was before this accident, before she know how much he love her, and how much he had been hurt in this relationship.
She quickly run towards his room and slammed the door open. Which shocked Heechul and Yesung who is currently in the room.
"Minnie, what's going on? Why are you crying?" Heechul asks.
But Sungmin didn't answer her. Instead, she walked straight towards Kyuhyun who is still 'sleeping'. She grabbed his pajama's collar which shocked Heechul and Yesung.
"Minnie, what are you doing? He's a patient!" Yesung said.
"Wake up!" Sungmin cried hysterically. "Why don't you wake up?! You want to make me dwells in regret and self pity even more?! Fine. You already got it. Happy now?!" She cried even harder after she said it. "I already regret everything! I already realize that you're my only way back! But why haven't you wake up? Please wake up" she said as she hits his chest but getting weaker as her voice getting weaker too. She sat on the floor as she cries even harder. Everyone in the hallway were staring at them since Sungmin didn't close the door.
Yesung bows at them as he closed the door while Heechul walks towards Sungmin and hugs her to comfort her. "It's fine Minnie, he will wake up" she said. "He will surely wake up. He loves you so much, he would never ever let you suffer because of him"
Sungmin shook her head. "No, everything's planned, even this accident" she said. "He did the accident on purpose, he's not even drunk that day. He wants to avoid me"
Heechul and Yesung's eyes widened upon hearing her. "What?" They both asked in unison.
Sungmin nods. "If this is a punishment for what I did towards him, why does it have to be this way?" She said sadly. "Just punish me, why must make him suffer even more too? He suffered enough because of me. Why must it be him that suffered like this?"
"No, Minnie, this is not a punishment for you. It's just a test" Heechul said as she tries to hold back her tears.
"If this is a test, just stop it. I can't take it. This is too much" Sungmin said.
Heechul shook her head. "God will never test you too hard, god always know your limits" she said as she rubs her back, trying to calm her.
"Umma, I've hurt your son a lot, even I'm the reason why he's here, why don't you hate me?" Sungmin asks.
"I wanted to hate you" Heechul said. "But then I realized, you may be the cause of my son's pain, but you're also the cause of his happiness. And I know, my son is old enough to decide what he want for life. Besides, everyone deserves a second chance"
And Yesung?. He was staring at Kyuhyun with guilt. 'Is that right?' He thought. 'You should've just hit me as hard as you can, not hiding it like this'
He also asked the same thing to Heechul before Sungmin came. As to why she didn't hate him. Heechul just said that she's disappointed, but Yesung is her son. And that everyone deserves a second chance, and Kyuhyun is the one in charge to decide whether to give that chance or not.
"Now that things are like this, will you give me a second chance?" He mumbled.
"What is it Yeye?" Heechul asks. She heard Yesung's mumblings, but not clear enough.
Yesung quickly fakes a smile. "No, nothing" he said, doesn't want to worry his stepmother even more. "Maybe I need to go get some fresh air for a while" he adds before he left the room.
He leaned his back towards the wall right beside Kyuhyun's room door. Tears of guilt start rolling down his cheeks. If only back then he could define his feelings for Ryeowook completely, if only he could say 'no' to Sungmin, if only he knew that his feelings towards Sungmin was just pure obsession, and if only he didn't come that day.
"What's going on? Why are you crying?" Asked a familiar voice.
He looked up only to find Ryeowook, staring at him confusedly.
They almost become a couple, they almost knew what love was, and if that happened, this whole drama will never happened, and they will be in each other's arms.
But Ryeowook is right. Almost is never enough.
Ryeowook's eyes widened when he hugs her tight. "Why?" She asked after a while.
"You're right" Yesung whispered, but still audible to her. "Almost is never enough"
Ryeowook was confused but she hugs him back to comfort him. "Don't cry" she said. "Everything will be just fine"
'If only it could be just fine' Yesung thought.


~~~***~~~


"So the accident was planned?" Ryeowook asked shockedly.
Yesung nods. "Why must he do that? He should've just hit me as hard as he can so that I could realize my mistakes" he said. "Not making me realizing it this way"
Ryeowook sighs as she stares at the clear sky. They are currently at the hospital's rooftop because Ryeowook think that Yesung need some space to tell his story. "He's such a fool when it comes to Minnie" she said. "He never become himself whenever he's with her. He always hide what he wanted to say, because he's afraid that once he said it, Minnie will leave him"
"What do you mean by he never become himself?" Yesung asks.
"Well, for example, everyone around him told him that Minnie's personality is such a " Ryeowook said. "He realized it too, but you think he will said it to Minnie? No, never. He thought that once he said that, everything will be over. His silly little dream about his love story with her will end"
"But... It's not a love story if there's no truth in it" Yesung said.
"That's my point. I tried telling him to just say everything. But he's just afraid" Ryeowook said. "I don't know what kind of love potion Minnie gave him that he's willing to do anything for her like that"
Yesung laughs softly upon hearing her. "You don't understand, Wookie, that's love" he said. "Love always made us afraid that we will lose our beloved one, well, even if he's a bit exaggerating"
Ryeowook rolls her eyes at him. "Oh, well, I know I don't understand a single thing about love" she said sarcastically.
There's a moment of silent as Yesung just stares at her.
"What?" Ryeowook ask.
"Wookie, what if--" Yesung paused for a while. "What if the man who made you believe that you can be loved, the man that is almost be with you... What if he came back?"
"What?" Ryeowook asks confusedly.
"What if he came back? What if he confessed to you?" Yesung asks. "You know, a man will always go back to his home. And you're his home"
Ryeowook stares at him sadly. "I don't know" she said. "I don't think I'll ever fall in love again"
"But what if it's for changing the faith between us?"
"Huh?"
"What if that man come back to change the faith between us? I mean, between Kyuhyun, Sungmin, me, and you?"
Ryeowook shook her head. "Faith can never be changed. You can change the future, but you can't change the past" she said. "Besides, it's just between Kyuhyun, Sungmin and you, I'm not even involved. You guys just keeps on dragging me in this problem without even thinking about my feelings. Kyuhyun keeps on telling me about his problem with Minnie, when in fact he knows, I love him, while you--" she stops for a while as she tries to control her tears. "4 years ago, after you gave me so much hopes, you left me without any word. And now, that I've go on with my life without you, now that I've decided not to give my heart to anyone else, you came back, acting  exactly like 4 years ago, acting like nothing had happened between us"
"Wookie... I, I'm sorry" Yesung said. "I don't know how you felt"
Ryeowook fakes a smile. "That's fine" she said. "Maybe I was too sensitive"
Yesung takes a deep breath. "But, about what you said earlier, about that you'll never fall in love again... Can I change it?" He asks.
Ryeowook blushes slightly. "What?" She asks, pretending not to understand.
"I've hurt you a lot before" Yesung said. "At least just let me show some responsibility, I'll make you happy. I love you, will you be mine?"
Ryeowook blushed even more. She was about to say yes, when she remember what happened 4 years ago. When Yesung left him without any word. What if the same thing will happen?. She takes a deep breath. "I'm sorry" she said.
Yesung smiles bitterly. "I understand" he said. "I'll keep on trying untill you say yes"


~~~***~~~


Yesung was currently having dinner with his co-workers when suddenly he received a text message from Ryeowook.
'Oppa'
Yesung smiles upon reading it.
'Why?'
Send, sent.
'I got accepted at a fashion magazine company as an editor and translator ><'
Yesung smiles even more as he can imagine her expression when she said that.
'Congratulations. When will you start working?'
Send, sent.
'They said I can start working from next monday'
'Good. I don't have any flight that day, and I'll be in Seoul that day. I'll fetch you and drop you at your office'
Send, sent.
He thinks for a while as his text might sounded like a weirdo.
'However, it's your first day of working' he added.
Send, sent.
'Yes, sir!^^'
Yesung was shocked when one of his co-workers called him.
"Who is it? Is it your girlfriend, captain Cho?" His co-worker--Jinyoung asks.
"Wow, this is cool, I never heard of your love life at all. I thought you only love your work" his another co-worker--Jaehyun said.
Yesung laughs. "No, she's not my girlfriend" he said. "Just a friend"
Jinyoung flashes a teasing smile. "Just a friend but you smiled a lot while reading her text" he said teasingly.
"Ooh! Or maybe you like her?" Jaehyun said excitedly.
Yesung sighs. "Look, I don't even understand what kind of feelings I have towards her" he said.
"Tell us what you felt about her, maybe we can help" Jinyoung said.
"Well... I wanted to protect her" Yesung said. "And whenever she will talk about any other man other than me, I feel like I want to kill that man, even if that man is my own brother, and deep inside my heart, in the darkest part of me, I wanted her"
Jaehyun smiled teasingly. "That only means you love her" he said.
Yesung shook his head. "No. I also thought that I love her, but, my feelings towards her and my feelings towards mg ex were completely different"
"How do you feel towards your ex?" Jinyoung asks.
"I want to have her. That's it" Yesung said. "It's different, right?"
"Nah, you're wrong" Jinyoung said. "Your feelings towards your ex is just pure obsession, while your feeling towards that girl is love"
"So... That means... I love her?" Yesung asks.
"Of course!" Jinyoung and Jaehyun said in unison.
"You need to confess to her while she's still available" Jinyoung said. "Because who knows if someone might like her too?"
Yesung just nods as he understands what Jinyoung means. So this is what Jongin means by saying he needs to take every opportunities while it's available?.


~~~***~~~

 "Welcome home, my husband" Sungmin said sweetly when Kyuhyun just got home.
It's been 3 days since they moved to a new house, and nothing has been going wrong since that day.
Kyuhyun laughs softly. "Okay, Minnie, just tell me what do you want?" He asks. "Because there was just no way you would welcome me sweetly like that if you don't want anything"
Sungmin laughs. "Oh, you know me so well" she said. "Well... You know... My friend who got married last month, Kibummie?"
Kyuhyun nods. "Yeah, what's with her?" He asks.
Sungmin pouts. "Kibummie is pregnant" she said. "And she teased me. She said that we're slow because we've been married for 3 years and I'm not yet pregnant"
"So what's your point?" Kyuhyun asks as he knows where the conversation is heading.
"I want to have a kid too" Sungmin said with her puppy eyes.
Kyuhyun smiles at her. "I don't think so, Minnie" he said. "Because if we have a kid, I'll be taking care of two kids"
Sungmin pouts. "Are you trying to say that I'm a kid?" She asks.
"Am I wrong?" Kyuhyun asks teasingly.
"I hate you" Sungmin said. "Please~" she said as she flashes her puppy eyes.
'If we have a kid, then at least Sungmin will think twice before cheating' Kyuhyun thought. 'Besides, she's the one who asked for it'
He was about to say something when his cellphone rings. It was his secretary. "Wait a minute" he said towards Sungmin who is already frowning.
Sungmin sighs. "Is it just me or you never have time for me?" She asks towards Kyuhyun who is already answering his secretary's call.
She frowns even more when Kyuhyun just ignored her as he answers the call. "Okay, I'll be there in 10 minutes" he said before he ends the call. "Minnie, I'm really sorry, there's something that needs to be fixed right now at the company. I need to go"
"What? But you just get home!" Sungmin said. "Besides, we're in the middle of an important discussion regarding our future!"
Kyuhyun sighs. "We can always talk about this later, right?" He said. "I'm really sorry"
"You never have time for me!" Sungmin said. "Everytime it's just the two of us, you'll just find an excuse to go. It seems like you love your work more than me!"
"Minnie, you know it's not like that" Kyuhyun said. "Besides, just think that you're in my shoes--"
"I always have time for you" Sungmin said. "You're always my priority"
'Yeah, right, except for last week when you ditched me for your task and I could completely understand' he thought. Sungmin is too selfish. He could understand her once. But twice? It's too hard to understand the exact same problems twice.
He takes a deep breath, at least he needs to try telling her what's in his mind.
"Minnie..." He paused for a while to look right into her eyes--a decision which he regrets because he can see that she's hurt because of him. "I'm sorry" he said instead as he left her.
Tears start rolling down Sungmin's cheeks as she stares at the door where he just left. "Does he really love me?" She whispers sadly.


To be continued...

Okay, so I was actually planning to update last week, but my father was hospitalized, besides, I have an exam, so I just updated this week. By the way, am I the only one thinking that this chapter is pointless? XD