What's the point of going back?

Reset

Chapter 14: what’s the point of going back?

A/n: okay, so this chapter’s title is inspired by the reader’s comment for chapter 12. “What was the point of going back?” Ikr. They are so stupid XD I’m sorry if this chapter is totally bad, bcs national exam and university entrance exam is approaching next year, and seems like all these studying has decreased my writing skills ㅠㅠ

 

This is strange. Everything’s strange.

At least that’s what in Kyuhyun’s mind these past few days.

Kangin said, he’ll go back whenever things get normal.

Sungmin—sort of said that things are normal right now.

But everything happened in contrary to what they said.

He still haven’t go back. Or at least, no signs that he’s going to go back—not that he wanted it to happen so fast, though. He’s just curious, if this is just a long dream from his long sleep or a reality.
Sungmin isn’t acting normal. Once more, she’s acting too good.

This is just like a few years ago, when she first started cheating. She even greeted him nicely.
Or did the history just repeated itself now?.

Kyuhyun sighs. “Even if she did, I don’t have any proof” he mumbled frustratedly. This is so frustrating. Everything is too frustrating. He always knew that once Lee Sungmin wanted something, she became extra obsessed with it, but that doesn’t mean it had to be like this, right?.

Yes, he liked it when he knows that she loves him. He likes that warm feeling to just think that she loves him too much that she became obsessed towards him.

But her obsession is useless. He did everything for her, he worked hard for her. Besides, there’s just no way he would turn the favor by cheating on her. Having revenge towards the past is useless. It’ll just turn him into the bad one, and everyone knows how much he loves her. Everyone knows he would never be able to do that no matter what she did towards him.

Suddenly the door to his office barged open. “Hey Mr. CEO. Are you busy?” A girl asks.

His secretary run inside. “I’m sorry sir, I told her to wait, but she just doesn’t want to”

“That’s fine. Let her in” Kyuhyun said. His secretary bowed towards him before leaving. He smiles towards the girl. “Hey, Seulgi. Long time no see”

“Throw away the openings. You know how much I hate openings” Seulgi said as she takes a seat on a sofa in front of him even before he asked her too. “This is unfair. I always remember how my father used to say that every men is going to change into an ajussi once they got married for a long time, but look at this, you looked like you had stopped aging since we graduate”

Kyuhyun laughs. “That’s the purpose of having a happy marriage life” he said.

Seulgi rolled her eyes. “Yeah, yeah, Mr. CEO is too busy working and having lovey dovey days to notice his lil’ friends” she said. “Where have you been, huh? You never showed up whenever we’re doing a meet up”

“Sorry” Kyuhyun said. “You know how my wife is so easy to get jealous”

“Sorry to say, but she sounded like a burden to me” Seulgi said.

“Hey, at least I kept in touch with all of you” Kyuhyun said. Unlike what he did previously. He’s just curious. What will happen if he made at least a little change?. “Why did you come here?”

“Well, we’re having another meet up. But you must come this time because I had an important announcement!” Seulgi said. “I don’t care what will your wife said. Just bring her with you if she’s really that afraid of losing you”

There’s a moment of silent. A meet up. Just like what happened a few years ago. Seulgi announced that she’s getting married. But what made him remember that meet up wasn’t Seulgi’s announcement, but Changmin’s statement. That he had seen Sungmin with Yesung at the bar. He didn’t buy it back then, but that’s what really happening. Will Changmin say the same statement now?.

“Kyuhyun, are you listening?”

“Huh? Oh, yeah, I’m listening. A meet up? When? Where?” He asks as if he didn’t know the answer.

“Ryeowook’s house this Sunday. You know how much Krystal loves to flirt with her brother” Seulgi said. “By the way, I heard that Ryeowook is in a relationship with Yesung oppa, is it true?”

Kyuhyun shrugs his shoulder. “I don’t really know. Yesung hyung said they are just friends”

Now this is what confused him. It’s very clear Yesung loves Ryeowook, and so does the other way. But it’s as if things around him loves to happen in contrary to what he saw. If Yesung loves Ryeowook, then that does mean there’s no way history would repeat itself, right?. But something just felt strange with the fact that he’s hiding his feelings for so long.

Seulgi laughs. “You know, I think this is funny” she said. “Ryeowook used to love you. We used to about you. You ended up dating her, only to dump her after a few weeks, and then get married really soon. And now, she’s dating your brother. Your life is a soap opera”

“Soap opera is an understatement” Kyuhyun said, he smiles, but he actually meant it. Soap opera is an understatement. His life is a mixture of soap opera, fantasy, and sci-fi if time travelling does count as science. Well, the soap opera is dominating, though.

“Anyway, you need to come or else all of us will unfriend you! I’ll even force Ryeowook to break up with Yesung!” Seulgi said. “I meant it!”

“Yeah, yeah, I’ll surely come”

Seulgi smiles. “Good. See you on Sunday” she said before she left.

 

~~~***~~~

 

“Today is his birthday, right?” Dr. Song asks.

“Huh?”

“February 3rd”

Sungmin smiles awkwardly when she got it. “Yeah”

“He’s 28 today” Dr. Song said. “And you also know what that meant, right?”

Sungmin nods sadly. “Only a month left”

“Have you decide?”

Sungmin shrugs. “I still haven’t talked about this with his parents yet” she said. She looked down to hide her tears—she doesn’t even know when did it started to appear. It just flows. “I’m not ready to hear whatever their decision is”

Dr. Song pats her shoulder. “I know this is hard, but I know you hold the best decision”

Sungmin shook her head. “I never hold the best decision” she said. “In fact, I don’t even know what that is”

“I’m sorry if I meddle to much on your private life” Dr. Song said. “But can you tell me what happened? Why is he here? He’s still too young, and his life sounded too good to do a suicide attempt”

There’s a moment of silent. She smiles bitterly. “I don’t know. If I tell you, you might hate me too like everyone else” she said. “I’ve take him for granted for so many years. Why would he love me anyway?”

“I don’t know what you did towards him” Dr. Song said. He flashes a courageous smile. “But love is all about forgiving. And from the way I see it, I know, deep inside, he loves you”

Sungmin closes her eyes, letting her tears flow even more. “How I wish I knew how important he was”

“You know. You just don’t know you’d lose him” Dr. Song said. “Not that I know you’ll really lose him though. It’s just a metaphor” the young doctor added.

“Doctor, if I let go of him, will he be happy, somewhere other than by my side? Will finally all his burden and pain left him?”

“the question is, will he be happy if his pain who at the same time his happiness let him go?”

Sungmin wipes her tears. She looked up at Dr. Song. “You’re so wise for your age”

Dr. Song smiles. “Everytime you feel sad, just remember this” he said. “There needs to be dark for the light to be seen. There need to be sadness for you to understand real happiness. And sometimes, in love, people need to hurt each other for them to understand how precious each other are”

“But some people just don’t need to hurt each other”

“Who knows? If not, they will just take each other for granted” Dr. Song said. “For they don’t know how precious each other are”

“You don’t know” Sungmin said. “If you know, you’re not going to say this”

“You know, in this state, everyone is just listening to whatever they wanted to hear” Dr. Song. “And right now, you want everyone to curse at you. But come to think of it, will things get any better if everyone curse at you? Will he wake up?”

“It’s not like that, but—“

“Yes. You may did something wrong. And yes, I don’t know what you did wrong. And yes, he might not want to accept you anymore” Dr. Song said. “But look, the good thing is, you’ve regretted all your mistakes, and you’re trying to pay them back. I’m sure everyone understand that you’re also the one suffering here, so what’s the use of blaming yourself?”

Sungmin just looked down at the floor. “But what I’ve done isn’t the kind of mistakes everyone did”

“Then are you saying that a thief can’t get a second chance?” Dr. Song said. “That’s also not the kind of mistakes everyone did. But they already received punishments and they want a better life”

Sungmin didn’t say anything.

Dr. Song smiles at her. “I hope you understand. Because if he loves you, I’m sure it hurts for him to see you like this” he said. “And I hope you’ll make the best decision” he adds before he left.

Sungmin stares at Kyuhyun who still had his eyes closed. She holds his hands. “I really wanted to hold on to you” she said. “But my mind is telling me to let go. You’ve suffered enough, I’m afraid that I’ll just make you suffer even more. I’m afraid that you’ll hate me, I’m afraid of everything”

There’s a moment of silent as she just watches her tear drops in her hands. “Please, help me decide. I’m nothing without you”

“You’re nothing without him, but you did such a thing towards him”

Sungmin looked up. Seulgi is in front of her. She will never forget her. She’s that girl. The girl. Her anger raised as she saw her. “You’re…”

“I’m Kang Seulgi” Seulgi said. “Kyuhyun’s best friend since college. I know you get the wrong idea about us”

“Best friend?”

Seulgi nods. “I don’t know what you saw or heard, but we’re just friends” she said. She showed up her wedding ring. “See? I’m married to someone else”

Sungmin fell silent as everything starts to make sense to her.

“Kyuhyun told me that you’re too possesive, that’s why he can’t show up often on our meet ups” Seulgi said. “And know what’s funny? He’s fine with it. He said that means you love him. I never know that he’s so weird”

“I—“

“If you’re just going to say stuffs such as I’m reflecting or what, then let me get this straight to you” Seulgi said. She walked towards her and bowed to have the same level as her. Their face is only a few inches away from one another. “He will never ever accept you and your damn reflection anymore, because you know what?”

She flashes a smirk. “Because he’s such a fool if he will” she said. “You hurt him that much. You made him in this state. You think that’s possible?” She asks. She stands up properly. “Don’t get me wrong. I just don’t want you to think that I’m a home wrecker. I’m not you” she said sarcastically before she walks towards the door. She take a glance at Kyuhyun as she’s on her way. “You proves that falling in love with a wrong person is a bad thing” she said before she left.

There’s a moment of silent as Sungmin just stared down. Is it true that Kyuhyun had fallen in love with a wrong person?. No, most of all, how could she thought that he’s cheating on her this whole time?.

She closes her eyes as tears started to fall down. She keeps on repeating these words as she cries. “Why am I such a fool?”


~~~***~~~

 

Kyuhyun was shocked when he sees Sungmin right after he entered their house. Another example of Sungmin acting too nice—not that she never waited for him. He smiles awkwardly. “Hey… Are you waiting for me?”

Sungmin pouts. “I always waited for you” she said as she helps him take his coat off and gets his back. “Do you want to—“

“Minnie, is there something wrong?”

“Huh?”

“You’ve been acting too nice these days” Kyuhyun said. “And I know you to much for me to know there’s something behind it”

“So if I’m acting nice that means I have a hidden intention?”

“Not really” Kyuhyun said, a little bit too fast for her to believe.

There’s a moment of silent. “Okay… So… If I ask you, do you ever met any woman other than me without my consent?” Sungmin asks, there’s insecurity in her voice.

Kyuhyun thinks for a while. He laughed. “Minnie, that’s the funniest thing you’ve ever told me” he said. “Why would I? I would’ve told you. However, you’re my wife, you deserves to know” he adds, completely forgotten that Seulgi is ‘another woman’. Completely forgotten that Sungmin is unaware that Seulgi is just his best friend.

Sungmin just smiles awkwardly. “I’m sure you’re tired. Go take a bath, have dinner, and rest well”

Kyuhyun smiles at her. “Yes, wife-nim” he said as he give her a quick peck on her lips before he left her with her own thoughts.


~~~***~~~

Sungmin has decided that she want to be a better wife from now on. To stop feeling too suspicious towards her husband.

However, he said it a lot of times. He loves her..

And deep in her heart, she still loves him.

This isn’t a point of no return. Not yet, she still has the chance to fix it if she wants.

“Is my husband inside?” She asks Jinki, Kyuhyun’s secretary.

Jinki bowed at her. “Yes, Ma’am, but—“

Sungmin smiles at him. “Thank you, Jinki” she said, even without listening to what Jinki had to say. She walks towards Kyuhyun’s office door, and opened it. She froze in her spot when she had a peek on what’s going on.

Kyuhyun is not alone—when he’s supposed to be alone. He’s with a girl, and that girl didn’t seems like some normal businesswoman. She’s young, and pretty. She’s even dressed informally.

She had seen this girl somewhere, but she can’t remember.

And worst, Kyuhyun was smiling, and even laughing with that girl. He seemed so happy with her.

She closed the door without making any noise as she felt like she’ll no longer be able to hold her tears. She closes her eyes for a while and takes a deep breath, trying to control her tears. She turns towards Jinki, she smiles at him. A bitter smile. “So he has a guest”

“Yes” Jinki said awkwardly.

“Who is she?”

“I—I don’t know, she just barged in” Jinki said. “But Mr. Cho told me to let her in”

There’s a moment of silent. Is this like what she’s thinking?.

No, it’s not. At least, she hope that it’s not. Kyuhyun is unlike her. He’s always the exact opposite of her. He won’t do such things, unlike her.

“Okay, thanks for the information, Jinki” Sungmin said. “I’m a little bit dizzy, I need to go home now”

“Do I need to inform Mr. Cho?”

“No need. Don’t tell him I came here”


~~~***~~~


Now what’s happening?. Her one and only hope, her wish isn’t fulfilled. Kyuhyun didn’t even stay true to her.

Why would he do this?. Why would he do this right when she decided to become a good wife?.

A tear rolled down her cheeks. She wipes it quickly. “You made me worried, you made me felt guilty” she whispers softly. “When in fact, you’re just as dirty as me”

She cries in silent. Why did he do this to her?. He’s always the exact opposite of her, then why is he not the opposite of her now?.


~~~***~~~

 

Sungmin quickly sat on the bed as soon as she woke up. She closes her eyes when she felt her head aches.

That nightmare. The worst nightmare she had ever had her whole life.

The time where she become so stupid. She was so close to stop this whole stupid thing to happen, but she just let that happen.

Now she finally got the answer to her best friend, Kibum’s question when they were in high school.

“What will you do if reset button does exist in life?” Kibum asked back then.

Sungmin thinks for a while. “It does” she said. “It exist in video games”

Kibum rolled her eyes. “Very funny, Lee Sungmin” she said. “I mean, really, what will you do?”

She didn’t answer back then. She doesn’t know why people would need such buttons?. Even she rarely press those buttons when she played games—which is like, once in a blue moon.

But now, she finally understand. She even wished for it now. How good it will be if there’s such thing as reset button. If only she can turn back the time.

“Oh, you’re awake already?” Heechul asks as she enters the room. She quickly ran towards her and hugs her tight. “Thanks god, I thought I’m going to lose you too”

She looks around. White walls, white ceilings, white lamp, white curtain, an IV stand, strong medicine smell lingers in the room. She was sure she’s still at the hospital. But this is not Kyuhyun’s room. “What happened?”

“You fainted yesterday afternoon” Hankyung said. “We found you lying on the floor right next to Kyuhyun’s bed. Doctor said you’re too tired”

“And a bit stressed” Heechul said. She caresses her cheeks. “What are you thinking about, honey?”

Sungmin didn’t say anything. Heechul and Hankyung had been so nice towards her, no matter what she did, they acted like nothing’s wrong. As if she’s their daughter, they forgive her. She looks down on her hands. “Actually a few months ago, Doctor Song told me, that Kyuhyun is already fine, he just won’t wake up, but he’s completely healed now” she said weakly. “He told me that if this thing continues for 7 months, it’s better for us to let go of him rather than forcing him to life like this. He asked me if I wanted to let him go, to take off all his life supporting equipment after 7 months”

Heechul covered in shock as her tears fell down without any prior warning. Hankyung hugs her to comfort her. “how many months left?” he asks, trying to sound calm.

“A month”

There’s a moment of silent. “Why don’t you tell us earlier?” Hankyung asks, still sticking to his calm act.

“Because I wanted to be selfish” Sungmin said. She really wanted to cry right now, but her tears won’t come out. As if it had dried away. “Everyone in their right mind would want to let him go. There’s no point of holding him when it’s he, himself who doesn’t want to live in the first place. But I wanted him to stay with me. I wanted to wait, no matter how many years will it take. I wanted to show him, that there’s no point of dying. I wanted to replace all the bad memories I gave him”

“We know you wanted to hold onto him” Heechul said as she wipes her tears. “But you should’ve told us earlier. Give us more time to think about this. However, he’s our son”

“I’m sorry” Sungmin said more of a whisper.

Hankyung sighs. “We no longer have any right towards him” he said. “You decide”

“The question is, do I still have any right towards him?”

“Of course, you’re his wife”

Another moment of silent. “I’m so stupid, right?” Sungmin asks. “I was given so much trust. I was so close to stop all this drama from happening, but I just ignored it, I kept on letting it ruin everything slowly but surely”

“Regret won’t fix anything” Heechul said as she holds her hands. “Hannie’s right. Even though we’re his parents, you’re the one who have right towards him now”

“What should I do?” Sungmin asks, her voice was weak, but thanks to the silence, her voice can be heard through the entire room. “Umma, Appa, what do you think?”

There’s a moment of silent. Heechul sighs. “As much as I love him, as much as I wanted him to live, as much as I wanted him to wake up, I wanted him to be free” she said. “If what dr. Song told you is right, if he really doesn’t want to wake up anymore, then what’s the point of holding him back? This is what he wants. I don’t want to torture him any longer”

“But what about me? I don’t even know if he will forgive me or not”

“He will” Heechul said. “We never taught him to put up any grudge against people. He will. He knows you’re regretting everything and trying to fix everything”

“But—“

“The decisions is still up to you” Hankyung said.

“I’m sure that means you want to let him go too”

Hankyung sighs. “I… I don’t know” he said, for the first time ever, he can’t decide nor state his opinion about the whole thing.

“You know, there’s this quote saying ‘after the dark leaves, the sun will rise’” Heechul said. “Things will surely get better soon. Now might be your dark, so do your best in the dark and wait for the sun to rise. Don’t do something that you will regret once the sun rises”

Sungmin didn’t say anything.

As she keeps on thinking about this one thing,

Will her sun be able to rise again?.

 

~~~***~~~

 

Yesung sighs as he tries his best not to seem really annoyed by the loud music. “So why are you calling me?”

It’s been almost an hour since he arrived at this night club—Sungmin called him, and yet, she still haven’t said anything.

Yesung didn’t say anything as he just stares at an empty glass beside him. “You told me you wanted to stop, right?” He asks out of the blue.

Sungmin has told him this yesterday, which had taken almost all of his guilt away—well, sleeping with his brother’s wife on his birthday is something guilt-worthy, right?.

“I wanted to stop” Sungmin said, emphasizing the past-tense.

“What—“

“I wanted to stop” she said, louder this time. “But I changed my mind”

“What?! Why?!” Yesung asks, didn’t even bothered to hide the annoyed tone on his voice.

Sungmin snickers. “I bet you know”

There’s a moment of silent. “Kyu really did cheated on you?” Yesung guessed. “No, in a million years, that won’t be possible. You know how he is so crazy when it comes to you”

“That’s what I’m thinking” Sungmin said weakly. She drinks her glass of Vodka in one shot. “But turns out it’s possible. Men are all the same”

“Minnie, you might be misunderstood” Yesung said. “Let me guess, that girl’s name is Seohyun? Or Seulgi? Or even—“

“Stop, I don’t know, and I don’t want to care”

“If you just keeps on ignoring people’s explanation like this, you’re the one who is going to be lost later!”

“But if I listened, I’ll still end up being hurt, and I hate that!” Sungmin said. Her voice faded a bit after each words untill it turns into a whisper at the end of the sentences. “I’m tired of being abandoned, I’m tired of being unwanted, I’m tired of being rejected. My parents don’t want me, they throw me away just like a trash when I was a kid. I don’t even know who they was even after years”

Yesung didn’t say anything as he understands how Sungmin felt. The fear of being unwanted, the fear of being abandoned, the fear of being rejected. He sighs. “But… At least, you must… Listen” he said, as he’s unsure if he, himself can do that if he was in her position.

“I’m not going to let myself abandoned anymore, I don’t want to be unwanted anymore” Sungmin said. She stares right into his eyes. “Please, oppa, help me”

“Minnie, please, I know how you felt. I feel it. I know, us, abandoned kids will always have those fears, but I really can’t help you” Yesung said. “I’m 1000% sure, Kyuhyun isn’t cheating on you, he won’t abandon you”

“But what if he did? What if he abandon me?”

“That won’t happen, I promise”

“If he didn’t do that, if he won’t abandon me, then why did he lied when I asked him?” Sungmin asks. “Oppa, please. I just wanted to turn back the favor. No feelings attached. I will still love him, and you will still love Wookie unnie”

Yesung fell silent. “Fine” he said. “I’ll help you” he adds as he pulls her into a hug.

Sungmin rested her head on his chest as her tears fell uncontrollably. “Thank you” she said. “And sorry”

They hugged for a few minutes without realizing that someone is staring at them in shock.

“Isn’t that Yesung hyung and Minnie?” That person asks himself as he keeps on looking at them.

 

~~~***~~~

 

‘Incoming call

Umma’

Yesung just stares at his phone, not willing to answer, but not willing to reject, either. He just wanted to ignore it. He pressed mailbox. He’s sure that Heechul had left tons of mailbox to him.

‘Yeye, where are you? You told us yesterday that you’re arriving at Seoul today. Nothing bad happened, right? Your phone is still in coverage area, so there must be nothing bad happening. Or you’re just having a date with Ryeowookie? Go home soon, me and your Appa is waiting for you. Bring Ryeowookie with you if you really don’t want to separate with her that much’

Yesung flashes a faint smile as he listened to her mailbox. It’s not like he hated them. He will never be able to hate them. They are just like his real parents to him. But his guilt is eating him. He listened to the next mailbox.

‘Yesung Oppa, where are you? Your parents are looking for you. Come back really soon. We are really worried about you. I love you, go home soon’

A mailbox from Ryeowook.

He covered his face with his hands frustratedly as he remember his parents’ conversation at the hospital earlier. He didn’t meant to eavesdrop, he wanted to give his parents a surprise when he heard them talking about it.

About Kyuhyun’s a month chance.

If only he’s able to ignore her that day. If only he didn’t put himself on her position. If only he didn’t agreed to help her. None of this would happen.

He stands up and walks towards the rooftop fence. He stared down at the street.

‘Is it better if I just disappear?’ he thought.

He had been so happy these past few days, that he had forgot about this. About what he did towards his new family.

“Ajussi, if you stand there, you’re going to fall down. And it hurts”

Yesung was shocked. He turns his back to face the voice. It was a five years old girl, wearing a patient clothes. He smiles bitterly. “How could you know it hurts?” He asks. “What if it will take away all my pain?”

The girl tilted her head confusedly. She shook her head as she pouts. “That’s not possible” she said. “I fell down from a really high place to a place with lots of water, and it hurts”

Yesung stares at her confusedly. “Place with lots of water?”

The girl nods. “I was asleep when suddenly I’m already inside a car with Mama. Mama is crying. I tried asking her, but she told me not to make any noise when suddenly a really bright light coming in front of us, Mama drove aside, but we fell down from a really high place. As high as this, probably”

That’s when it occurred to him. This girl is a victim of an accident. He walks towards her and kneeled to have the same level as her. “Where’s your Mama now?”

“Dr. Han said Mama is in a better place now. A place where she can’t feel any sadness nor pain” the girl said. She smiles, but her eyes were losing its sparks. “I kinda missed her, but Dr. Han said that I will meet her soon, when I’m older”

The girl’s mom passed away. Yesung can see himself on her. “And your Papa? Where is he?”

The girl shook her head. “Mama said that Papa is leaving for work on my birthday last year, but Papa never come back up until now” she said. “Dr. Han said that the hospital will sent me to a place with lots of friends when I recover. She said it’d be awesome, but…”

‘An orphanage’ Yesung thought. “But?”

“But I’m afraid” the girl said. “Dr. Han said I will probably get a new family soon. Why do I need a new family when my current family is just fine? What if my new family hates me? What if they throw me away?” She asks. “But I must be fine. Dr. Han said, Mama will be sad if she knows that I’m worried”

Yesung smiles bitterly. There are lots of people with almost the same problem as him, but he acted as if he’s the only one with that problem. The fear of a new family, and the fear of being unwanted. And even this girl is facing her problems, unlike him, who wanted to run away from it. He ruffles her hair. “What’s your name?”

“Tae Hee” the girl said. “Kim Tae Hee”

Yesung smiles at her. “Tae Hee, instead of going to that place with lots of friends, do you want to go home with me?”

“Mama told me not to go with a stranger”

Yesung laughs. “I’m not a stranger. My name is Yesung, I have two surname, Cho Yesung or Kim Yesung”

“Why?”

“I have two families” Yesung said. “Do you want to go with me? You’ll have a new Papa, which is me, and probably a new Mama, her name is Kim Ryeowook, she’s really beautiful and kind hearted. You’ll also have a new grandmother and grandfather. They are also so beautiful and handsome, and they are both kindhearted”

Tae Hee’s eyes shine as she heard his offer. “Really?” She asks excitedly. Her smile faded away. “But what if Mama and Papa is looking for me here?”

“I’ll told them that you’re with me”

Tae Hee was about to say something when suddenly a girl in a doctor coat barged in. “Tae Hee, I told you not to ran away without any nurse’s consent!”

Tae Hee smiles at her. “Dr. Han!” She said happily as she ran towards the girl. “Sorry, I was talking to this ajussi”

Tae Hee turned towards Yesung. “Oh my, sorry, I didn’t notice you earlier”

Yesung smiles at her. “That’s fine” he said. “Anyway, what happened to Tae Hee’s parents?”

Dr. Han’s smile faded. She turns towards Tae Hee. “Tae Hee, nurse Oh is looking for you, mind to go without me? I need to talk to this ajussi for a while”

Tae Hee nods before leaving the rooftop.

“I guess you’ve heard from Tae Hee” Dr. Han said.

“Not that much. She doesn’t really understand the situation”

Dr. Han flashes a faint smile. “Her mother died in an accident when trying to run away from a debt collector” she said. “And her father left her and her mother since last year, leaving a lot of debts”

“You’re planning to send her to orphanage after she recovers?”

“Tomorrow, to be exact” Dr. Han said. “She already recovers”

There’s a moment of silent as Yesung tries to think of his decision. “Can I… Adopt her?”

 

~~~***~~~

 

“Yeye! You finally arrived here, I thought—“ Heechul’s words stopped as she saw Tae Hee enters their house.

“Whose kid is that?” Ryeowook asks, breaking the silence. She visited here because Heechul asked if Yesung is with her, which is not. So she visited to help them look for him.

Yesung smiles at them as he carries Tae Hee in his arms. “Mine. My daughter”

“What?” Heechul, Ryeowook and Hankyung said in unison.

“I mean… Who is her mother?” Hankyung asks.

Yesung laughs. “I adopt her” he said. He turns towards Tae Hee. “Tae Hee, this is Heechul, your grandmother, Hankyung, your grandfather, and finally, Ryeowook, your future Mama”

Ryeowook blushes when she heard him. “B-but, how could you adopt a kid when you’re not yet married?” She asks, drifting the topic.

“Why can’t I? I’m a grown up man with my own salary which is enough for a kid’s living” Yesung said. “Why? Are you not happy?”

Ryeowook shook her head. She smiles at Tae Hee. “So your name’s Tae Hee? What a beautiful name” she said. “My name is Ryeowook, you can call me Mama if you want. Nice to meet you”

Tae Hee smiles. “Papa is right, you’re really beautiful”

Ryeowook blushes—again. She turns towards Yesung. “What did you told her?”

“I told her you will be her future Mama” Yesung said. “You want, right?”

“How could I know if I want or not if you’re not yet asking me?”

Yesung smiles. “Next month, after Kyuhyun wakes up, I have something to tell you” he said. “And that is to involve Tae Hee, to involve us”

Ryeowook fell silent. She’s not ready. Yes, she gave him a chance to be with her, yes, she loves her, but she’s still not ready for something bigger. Something stronger. But there’s just no way she would let him upset himself anymore. Besides, she has a month to prepare herself. She forces herself to smile. “Don’t ever run away again”

“I won’t”

“Wait. You know about Kyuhyun’s condition?” Heechul asks.

“I know. I overheard your conversation at the hospital earlier” Yesung said. “That’s when I met Tae Hee. I felt really guilty, it’s as if I’ve ruined someone else’s family. I was really desperate. I even thought to jump off of the hospital’s rooftop when I met her. I can see myself in her. She has the almost same problem as me, but even her, a 5 years old kid, can handle her problems in a better way” he smiles as he stares at Tae Hee who is currently looking around their house. “I wanted to help her. She will always be my reminder that things can never go worst. Even though it’s very obvious that her parents can never come back, but she stayed positive. I wanted to be just like her. Even though it is next to impossible that Kyu will wake up next month, but I’ll believe. I will always believe. He will wake up, someday”

Heechul smiles as she wipes the tears in the corner of her eyes. She hugs him. “My Yeye has grown up” she said. “Take a good care of Tae Hee, okay?”

Yesung hugs her back. “I will”

Yesung was about to say something when Tae Hee called him. “Yes, what is it?” He asks as he walks towards her.

Tae Hee pointed at Kyuhyun and Sungmin’s wedding picture on a frame. “Who are they?”

Yesung smiles as he stares at the picture. “They? They are your uncle and aunt”

Tae Hee stares at him confusedly. “Then where are they, right now?”

Yesung kneeled to have the same level of her. “Your uncle is currently under a deep sleep curse for now”

“Just like sleeping beauty?”

Yesung nods. “And your aunt is staying with him, waiting for him to wake up”

“Why don’t she kiss him?” Tae Hee asks innocently. “Sleeping beauty woke up because of a true love’s kiss”

Yesung smiles at her. “Maybe she forgot how to” he said as he ruffles her hair.

Tae Hee stares at him confusedly as she tilted her head.

Yesung stares at the picture frame. “You’re really going to wake up from the curse, right?” He thought.

 

~~~***~~~

 

“Oppa, have you, by any chance, see Yesung oppa these days?” Ryeowook asks Kyuhyun who is currently congratulating Seulgi and her fiancee.

“I don’t. He’s a bit busy and so do I” Kyuhyun said. “Why?”

Ryeowook looked down. “No, nothing”

Seulgi flashes a big, fat teasing smile. “LQ?”

Ryeowook blushes. “LQ? W-what LQ?” She stammered. “I was just wondering where he is”

“Wookie, just tell us the truth” Kyuhyun said. “Maybe I’ll kill him if he did something stupid”

“Well… Yesung oppa told me last month that he had something to say, so he asked me to go on a date with him. But that day, he suddenly canceled everything, saying that he’s busy”

“Maybe he’s really busy” Seulgi said.

“No. He acted as if we won’t met again. He acted as if we won’t have a chance anymore. He acted as if he’s breaking up with me” Ryeowook said. “Do you know why?”

Kyuhyun thinks for a while. Things are getting totally weird now. This didn’t happen previously, so he didn’t know. “I don’t know…” He said. “Come to think of it, I really don’t see him often these days”

“Too busy having a lovey dovey life, huh?” Seulgi teased.

Kyuhyun laughed. “Probably”

Changmin coughs. “By the way, Kyu, I’m sorry if I sounded rude” he said. “But your wife, is she, by any chance, um… Acting strange?”

Kyuhyun remember this question. Clearly. It was a question Changmin asked him a few years ago before telling him. Sungmin had been acting really strange. She acted too kind, but too cold at the same time. It’s as if the clock had turned back to the normal time before he went back. It’s as if he’s just having a déjà vu. But of course, he lied a few years ago, he said no.

“Yes, she keeps on acting too kind towards me these past few days” he said instead of lying. “Why did you ask?”

Changmin seemed hesitated before he finally takes a deep breath. “Okay, since I’m not that good at lying, I’ll just tell you the truth” he said. “I saw Yesung hyung and your wife hugging in a night club”

There’s a moment of silent, they could hear a pin dropped.

Kyuhyun had—sort of expected this answer from him. At least everything does make sense. It does make sense that everything happened in contrary to what he sees. It makes sense, because it was all lies.

He clenched his fist as a mixture of jealousy and anger starting to rush on him. He tried his best to fix everything. He literally fixed everything. Sungmin loves him, and Yesung loves Ryeowook. But why is this still happening?.

“T-there was no way Yesung oppa would do that” Ryeowook said. “You know how close he and Kyuhyun is”

Changmin sighs frustratedly. “But I swear it’s him!”

“Why—“ Seulgi was lost for words. “I thought you said she loves you?”

“This doesn’t make any sense” Minho said. “I thought she loves you?”

“She’s the one who proposed to you” Suho added. “This is crazy. Changmin, you must be drunk that day”

“How I wish I was” Changmin said. He turned towards Kyuhyun who is still quiet. “Kyu? Are you alright?”

Kyuhyun turns towards him. He flashes a faint smile. “I’m fine. I already know” he said. “But still, thanks for the information”

“You know?”

“We had a big fight just last month, and that’s when she started acting too kind towards me. I know her. There must be something wrong” Kyuhyun said. ‘I just don’t expect that the same drama would happen’

“What will you do about it?” Seulgi asks.

He didn’t say anything as he didn’t know the answer. He felt jealous, and he felt really annoyed.

But of all, he felt helpless.

He had turn back the time, he had tried his best to change everything, even though he doesn’t know what he did wrong, but the whole drama still repeats itself.

This one question keeps on repeating itself in his mind:

If the same drama will still repeat itself, then what was the point of going back?.

 

To be continued…