Point Of No Return

Reset

Chapter 1: Point of no return

 

 

A/n: this is my first angst english fic, but I hope you liked it XD

 

Song recomendation: Super Junior K.R.Y.-point of no return

 

 

Kyuhyun wakes up as he felt some lights rushing between the curtains on the window beside him. He stares to his left, where his wife was supposed to be, but it was empty, and the bedcover was still neat, as if no one slept on it last night, which was true. He laughs sarcastically. "She didn't go home again" he told himself.

It's been 7 years since he got married with Sungmin.

And it's been almost a year that he found out that she's cheating with Yesung.

He doesn't have the nerve to confront both of them and tell them what's in his mind about their affair. What if Sungmin leaves him? What if she chooses Yesung?.

He wants to hate Yesung, but what can he do? Even though Yesung is just his stepbrother, he takes him as his real brother. He can't hate him because of that.

He's too afraid to accept the truth. But he also can't pretend to be fine and that he doesn't know anything, that would hurt too much.

That's why he keeps on being quite towards both of them, even though it really hurts to keep on being quite towards both of them when he knows that they are having an affair behind him.

He keeps on being quite even though almost every night Sungmin never go home with the reason that she's busy. Even though Kyuhyun knows that it was just a lie, even though he knows the truth that she's actually with Yesung, he just keeps on being quite towards both of them.

"Oh, Kyu? You already awake?" Sungmin asks when she went out from the bathroom, only wearing a bathrobe. She flashes a smile. "You already asleep when I went home last night, and you haven't woke up when I wake up awhile ago"

'You don't even go home last night' Kyuhyun thought.

This always happened every morning with the exact same explanation. Sungmin never calls him Kyunnie again just like how she supposed to call him before, she never wait for him anymore whenever he'll go home late, everything changed. Sungmin changed a lot. She doesn't love him anymore.

Kyuhyun just ignores her as he stands up and walks towards her. He stops when he's already in front of Sungmin.

"Kyu" Sungmin calls him. "Sorry to say this, but... When will you sign our divorce letter?" she asks.

Kyuhyun sighs. This is what always happened whenever they will meet each other. She'll keeps on asking him when he will sign their divorce letter. "Step aside" he said.

"Eh?"

"You're blocking my way, I want to go to the bathtroom" Kyuhyun said as he pushed her aside and went inside the bathroom to lock himself inside.

He leans his back against the door as tears start forming in his eyes.

That was the first words he said towards her after a few months. Instead of 'I love you' 'sorry' or 'I miss you' it was 'step aside'.

He closes his eyes as he was unable to control his tears anymore. 'How I wish that this life has a reset button just like in games' he thought.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

Sungmin opens the door of their house when she heard the doorbell rings.

It was Yesung.

She stares at him in shock. "Baby, why are you here?" she asks.

Yesung smiles at her. "Was it a sin to visit my girlfriend in the morning?" he asks.

Sungmin laughs softly. "Well, yes it is" she said. "Mainly because your girlfriend is your brother's wife"

Yesung flashes a smirk. "But you still love your brother in law more that you love your husband, right?" he asks.

Sungmin laughs. "Well, you really know what to say" she said. "So, why are you here?"

"I miss you" Yesung said.

Sungmin flashes a seductive smile. "But we just met this morning before I go here" she said.

"I can never get enough of you" Yesung said as he lifts Sungmin in a bridal style and lies her on the sofa.

Sungmin flashes a smirk as she touches Yesung's lips. "What if Kyuhyun sees us?" she asks.

"I don't care" Yesung said as he kisses her lips passionately.

And Kyuhyun sees everything. She stares at them with teary eyes from the 2nd floor. He opened the door and slams it so that the 'couple' will stop.

And he was right. The two of them stops hurriedly. Yesung faked a smile. "Hi, Kyu" he said. "I don't have any flights for today, so I'm here to visit you"

Kyuhyun can see Sungmin's lipstick stain on Yesung's lips. He flashes a smirk. 'Visit me or Sungmin? Erase those first before you lied like that' he thought. But of course, he's such a coward that he can never said that out loud.

Sungmin flashes a smile. "Yesung Oppa was just here to visit you" she said. "Kyu, do you want coffee, or tea?"

Kyuhyun ignores her as he walks towards the counter and pours coffe to a glass.

Sungmin's smile vanished upon seeing his action, but she pretended that nothing happens.

Yesung sat in front of him, right beside Sungmin. "Ah, Kyu, I heard that you guys are getting a divorce, was it true?" he asks, pretending to be innocent. "I'm quite disappointed. I really ship both of you"

'Disappointed or happy?' Kyuhyun thought. He can see that both of them were holding each other's hands under the table, hiding it from him. 

"Oppa, how could you know?" Sungmin asks. "That was supposed to be a secret"

"Just from some reliable source" Yesung lied, the truth is he knows about their divorce since a long time because he was the one who suggested it. "What's going on actually? You guys seemed fine"

"Nothing. It's just that... The love between us has disappeared" Sungmin lied.

'I still love you' Kyuhyun thought. 'You're the only one who has that disappeared love'.

"But Kyu always refused to sign our divorce letter" Sungmin continued.

'Kyu, when are you going to sign our divorce letter?' Kyuhyun continued in mind.

"Kyu, when are you going to sign our divorce letter?" Sungmin asks.

'Bingo' Kyuhyun thought. Being her husband for 7 years at least making him knows what's inside her mind.

"Minnie, just let him be" Yesung said. "Maybe he'll think more about this"

"But, it's been a year" Sungmin said.

She's right. It's been a year since she asked Kyuhyun for a divorce, without him knowing the real reason behind it. He talked to her, he even begged her to forget all about those divorce plans, but she just ignored him with the reason that she can no longer love him like before. That's why, feeling curious, he decided to hire a detective to follow her, and that's how he finds out that his wife is having an affair. With his own brother.

"Min" Kyuhyun called.

"Yes?" Sungmin asks with lots of hopes on her voice.

"Why are you so eager to separate from me?" Kyuhyun asks.

Sungmin's smile vanished. "Eh?"

Kyuhyun looked up and stares at her right in the eye. "Why are you so eager to separate from me?"

Sungmin gulps nervously upon seeing the way he stares at her. If a glare could kill, she would be dead by now. "Well, you-- you've known it, we--"

"We no longer love each other or is it just you who don't love me anymore?" Kyuhyun asks.

"Kyu, we've talked about this, right?" Sungmin asks.

Kyuhyun slams the table as he stands up. "Stop lying, Lee Sungmin!" he said, raising his voice because of anger. Enough. He'd seen enough. He can't hold back anymore. "Do you think I'm stupid?"

Sungmin didn't say anything.

"K-Kyu, why are you getting mad at Minnie all of a sudden?" Yesung asks, trying to defend Sungmin. "You shouldn't have--"

"Do you think I don't know that you're cheating on me?" Kyuhyun asks, which makes Sungmin and Yesung's eyes widened in shock.

"Kyu, w-what are you talking about?" Sungmin stammered.

"Lee Sungmin, do you think I don't know that every night you never go home at all?"

"What are you talking about?" Sungmin asks. "I don't understand! I'm not cheating!"

"Then what's with those kissmarks on your chest?" Kyuhyun asks. He flashes a smirk. "Stop wearing a clothes that reveals your chest, Minnie. I can see those kissmarks already"

"I-it's..."

"What? Are you trying to say that I'm the one who made those while I'm drunk?" Kyuhyun asks. "Sorry, but I've never been drunk since 6 years ago. Remember when you told me to stop drinking and smoking for health? Oops, sorry, I bet you don't remember since you're happy with your other man now--" he stops talking when Sungmin slaps his cheek. Even Yesung was shocked because of this.

"Finished talking?" Sungmin asks. "Stop talking about all those nonsense, I'm not cheating!"

Kyuhyun flashes a smirk as he holds his aching cheek for awhile. "Wow. Min, I don't know that your acting was so great like this" he said. "You even deserve an academy awards"

Sungmin takes a deep breath. "If I'm really cheating, then do you know who my other man is?" she asks.

Kyuhyun stares at Yesung for awhile. He was staring at them with mixture of shock, happiness, anger expression on his face. Kyuhyun flashes a not-so-obvious smirk. 'Not so fast, Hyung' he thought. "Do I need to know who that man is? Do I need to know everyone's name?" Kyuhyun asks. "Sorry Min, but I don't think I need to know those kind of person. Poor him, he needs to flirt with other people's wife for him to have some happiness"

Sungmin just stands there with mixture of shock and relieve on her face.

"But one thing is for sure" Kyuhyun said as he leaned his face closer to Sungmin. "I'll never ever let you go even if I die" he adds before going out, leaving Sungmin and Yesung dumbfounded.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

Yesung stares at Sungmin who is sleeping on his arms. He smiles as he tucks her hair behind her ears. "You're so pretty" he whispers. He stops when he notices the kiss marks that he made on Sungmin's chest.

'Stop wearing a clothes that reveals your chest, Minnie. I can see those kissmarks already'

He sighs when he remembers Kyuhyun's words. He smiles bitterly. "I'm sorry Kyu, I'm such a bad brother" he whispers. "But I'm doing the right thing, right? At least I can make a stain in your perfect life"

Actually he also doesn't want to hurt Kyuhyun like this because he loves him just like his real brother, but still, he loves Sungmin so much that he can't just lets her go for him. He's always the one who loose and Kyuhyun will always be the one who win, and he hates that.

Yesung stands up and walks towards the balcony as he remembers their childhood.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

"Kyu, from now on, you're not going to feel lonely anymore" Heechul said to her 8 years old son. She caress his cheek. "We're really sorry for making you feel lonely for all these years. We're really sorry because we're too busy with our works that we can't have time for you"

Kyuhyun stares at his mom confusedly. "Why?" he asks. "Why am I not going to feel lonely anymore?"

Heechul and Hankyung smiles at his innocent question. Hankyung pinches his cheek gently. "We're going to get you a sibling" he said.

Kyuhyun stares at the house in front of him. It wasn't really big, but it seemed like it has a lot of kids his age--or even younger or older in it. "Here?"

Heechul nods. "This is an orphanage" she said as she holds his hand and walks inside with Kyuhyun and Hankyung. Kyuhyun sits on the sofa at the living room. "Now, you wait here while we're talking to the owner of this place. Is it okay with you?" Heechul asks.

Kyuhyun nods. He smiles at her. "Don't worry, I've used to it"

"This won't take long" Hankyung said as he enters a room with Heechul.

Kyuhyun waits at the living room at the orphanage while playing with his airplane toy when someone pats his shoulder.

A boy, a bit taller than him--it seems that he's older than him were staring at him while smiling. His narrow eyes turns into a crescent as he smiles. "What are you doing here?" he asks. He stares at Kyuhyun from head to toe. "You don't seem like you belong here"

"I'm waiting for my parents" Kyuhyun said. "By the way, what do you mean by I don't belong here? What kind of place is this?"

The boy laughs. "This is an orphanage" he said. "I don't know how to explain it to you, but this is the place of abandoned kids like me"

"Abandoned kids?" Kyuhyun asks confusedly.

"Well, my father died when I was 3, and my mother got stressed. She can't take care of me and my brother at once, so she decided to sent me here and keeps my brother" the boy said as he smiles sadly. "Ah, by the way, my name is Kim Yesung, you?"

Kyuhyun smiles at him. "Kyuhyun, Cho Kyuhyun" he said. "I felt bad for you"

"Thank you" Yesung said. "Ah, why are you here?"

"My parents said they're going to get me a sibling" Kyuhyun said.

Yesung nods as he understands. He stares at Kyuhyun's airplane toy. "I always wants to ride that" he said.

Kyuhyun stares at his toy. "This?" he asks. "Airplane? You never ride that?"

Yesung laughs. He nods his head. "Not everyone is as lucky as you, kiddo" he said.

Kyuhyun pouts. "Being on an airplane isn't as good as what you imagine" he said. "It's the same as if you're sitting in a normal place"

"But don't you think it's cool how those pilots can make the airplane fly? Don't you think it's cool how the Wright brothers can think of the way to make us humans can fly like that?" Yesung asks.

"Wright brothers?" Kyuhyun asks confusedly.

"They are the one who invented airplane" Yesung said as he laughs softly. "How old are you? You're so innocent"

"8 years old" Kyuhyun said.

Yesung nods. "Ah, no wonder. I'm 12, by the way. I'm 4 years older than you, so call me Hyung!" he said. "I always wants to be a pilot, but Hong Umma said it's impossible since flight schools are expensive, and she said that I can never afford it. She's such a mean ajumma. No wonder she has those wrinkles on her face"

Kyuhyun laughs upon hearing him. "Who is Hong Umma?" he asks.

"She's the one who owns this place. She never smiles at all, she's always frowning like this" Yesung said as he imitates Hong Ajumma's frowning face cutely. "And everytime she'll hear me saying something bad about her like this, she'll be like--"

"Kim Yesung! How many times do I need to tell you don't you ever say something bad about me?!" Someone shouted angrily, interrupting him from talking. "I'm your mother while you're here! You're not supposed to act like that!"

"Yeah, that's how she supposed to sound" Yesung said. "It's so close to the real one"

Kyuhyun coughs as he stares at the voice direction and Yesung. "Actually, maybe it's the real one" he said.

Yesung frowns. "What do you mean by the real one?" he asks. "That old ajumma is--" he stops talking as he realizes who is in front of him. Hong Ajumma was standing there with Kyuhyun's parents beside him. Yesung faked a smile. "Hi, Hong Umma, how's your day, is it-- ouch! It hurts!" Yesung shouted when Hong Ajumma pulled his ear.

"This brat! Who are you calling old ajumma, huh?" Hong ajumma asks.

Kyuhyun can't help but to laugh at the scene in front of him.

"Aish! This little kid! How could you laugh at my sufferings like that?" Yesung said as he tries to escape from Hong Ajumma's tight grip. "Hong Umma! Let go of my ears! I'm not going to look handsome anymore if my ears turns red!"

"I don't care if your ears turns red or what! You need to learn some respect, Kiddo!" Hong Ajumma said.

Heechul and Hankyung laughs softly upon seeing the scene in front of them. It's the first time they had seen Kyuhyun laugh so hard since he turns 5. "Ajumma, let go of him" Heechul said.

Hong Ajumma lets go of Yesung's ear. She flashes a smile. "I'm sorry to do this in front of you" she said. "Yesung is always like that. He always disobey everything I told him"

"Because you're always frowning" Yesung mumbles as he pouts.

"Kim Yesung!"

"I know, I know" Yesung said.

Heechul laughs softly as she walks towards Yesung. She kneels down to have the same height as him. "What's your name?" she asks.

"Yesung, Kim Yesung" Yesung said.

"Ah~ Yesung? That's a good name" Heechul said. "How old are you?"

"I'm 12 years old" Yesung said.

"So you're older than Kyu?" Heechul asks.

Yesung nods.

"Do you mind being his older brother?" Heechul asks.

Hong Ajumma's eyes widened. "Mrs. Cho, are you sure you want to take this kid?" she asks. "He's such a rebellious kid"

Heechul nods as she stands up and walks towards Hankyung. "He's the first one to make Kyuhyun laughs like that since 3 years ago" she said. She stares at Hankyung. "So we guess that she can make him no longer feels lonely, right, honey?"

Hankyung nods. "We'll take him" he said without any hesitation.

Hong Ajumma takes a deep breath as she stares at Yesung. Tears starts forming in her eyes. Even though Yesung is such a rebellious kid and he's always calling her 'old Ajumma', but still, he's been with her since 9 years ago, and she knows that Yesung is actually a good kid and that he can be sweet in his own way. She knows that because on mother's day every year, he would gave her a hand-made carnation, even though it was messy since he's not an expert at making it, but he always tries his best to gave her a hand made carnation. She smiles at Yesung. "Okay, let's go to my room to take care of his adoption" she said.

Heechul smiles at Kyuhyun. She pats Yesung's shoulder. "Kyu, from now on, Yesung will be your brother. Are you happy?"

Kyuhyun nods. He smiles at Yesung. "Hi, Hyung" he said.

Yesung who were still confused with the things going on stares at Heechul confusedly.

"I'm going to be your mother soon" Heechul said. "Hankyung will be your father, and Kyuhyun will be your brother. We're going to be your family"

Yesung smiles. "Family?" he asks.

Heechul nods. "Yes, family" she said. "Are you happy?"

Yesung smiles at her as he nods his head. "Yes, Umma" he said happily.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

Yesung leaned forward towards the balcony as he stares at his wallpaper.

It was a photo of him, Kyuhyun, and Sungmin during their wedding day.

"Your parents were so kind, they loves us equally" Yesung said. "Even though I'm just an adopted child, they paid for my flight school untill I become a pilot just like now, I'll never stop thank them for that" he said, still staring at his wallpaper. "But you know what? Even though they love us equally, everytime we'll fight, they'll always told me to let you win with the reason that you're younger than me and that you got sick easily. I know that they was right, but still, letting you win on every fights we have were just unfair" he takes a deep breath. "Remember Victoria? She's my highschool friend who I used to like. But she liked you who was 4 years younger than me. She rejected me for you. You who never like her back"

There was a moment of silent. "That's why, when I started to fall for Minnie, I decided to do this" he said as he covers Kyuhyun's face on the picture with his thumb. "To kick you out of the picture"

Yesung was shock when someone hugs him from behind. "Who are you talking to?" someone asks.

It was Sungmin. Yesung smiles as he holds her hand. "Nothing" he said. "By the way, baby, now that I think about it why did you decided to cheat on him?"

Sungmin pouts as she leans her head on Yesung's back. "Why did you asked about that?" she asks. "Did you doubt me?"

Yesung laughs softly. He shook his head. "No, it's just that... I'm curious" he said. "You guys seemed like a lovey-dovey couple when you got married"

Sungmin sighs. "Baby, you know the answer" she said, still leaning her head on his back.

"I know" Yesung said, more of a whisper. 'I'm sorry, Kyu. But we're brothers, right? We used to share everything, so I guess you wouldn't mind sharing your wife with me, right?' he thought as he stares at the clear sky.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

"Oppa, why did you just let them be?" Ryeowook asks as she wipes her tears. She's currently in a bar with Kyuhyun. Actually, at first, Kyuhyun go by himself, but he got drunk, so the bar's staff called her to fetch him. "You can't let them hurt you like this"

Kyuhyun sighs. "If you were in my shoes, Wookie, you also don't know what to do" he said before drinking his glass of tequila.

"But still, you're hurt because of this" Ryeowook said, still crying. "Why don't you just confront them?"

Kyuhyun shook his head. "If I confront them, they'll leave me" he said. "I still love Minnie so much, and I thought of Yesung hyung as my real brother. I can't hate them"

Whenever Kyuhyun will have a problem like this, Ryeowook will always there to listen and to make him feel better, so she knows all his problems and what's inside his mind. "Yesung Oppa used to be such a good person. And he's such a loving brother. Why did he become like this?" she asks.

Kyuhyun laughs bitterly as he ruffles Ryeowook's hair. "Men changes after sufferings" he said. "That's why, you should find the man of your life so that you'll know about those things"

Ryeowook smiles bitterly upon hearing him. 'If only you know' she thought. 'You're the only one I love, but you choose her. You choose her who had hurt you so much'. "But, still, you need to talk to her, so that you can fix your marriage" she said after a few seconds of silence. "You're managing a company really well, but how come you failed in managing your marriage?"

Kyuhyun sighs. "Stop it, Wookie" he said. "Me and Minnie are facing a point of no return. There's no way for us to return, unless I can restart everything"

She was shock when stands up. "Oppa, where are you going?" she asks.

"Home" Kyuhyun said. "Maybe Minnie is waiting for me just in case she goes home tonight"

"But, Oppa, you're drunk!" Ryeowook said as she holds his hand to stop him from going.

Kyuhyun shook his head. "I'm not that drunk" he said, which makes it clearly obvious that he's really drunk.

"But, Oppa--"

Kyuhyun holds Ryeowook's lips. "It's not good for a girl to be with a drunk man in a same car, because you'll never know what will happen" he said before leaving. "Forget me, and fine a man who really loves you" he adds.

Ryeowook sighs. "Let's just hope that nothing bad will happens" she whispers as she's staring at his back that is getting further.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

Sungmin was waiting for Kyuhyun in their living room. Tonight, she has decided to open up and tell him everything, so that he'll let her go.

And she's also going to let him know the truth that she never loves him at all. At first, she visited him because she feels bad for him, because however, he was like that because of her and her Ex. But then, Kyuhyun proposed her. She really doesn't know what to do, so she accepts his proposal without even thinking.

Okay, so maybe she was exaggerating a bit if she said that she never loves him at all. Well she loved him. Once. When their marriage are in the 4th years. One words from Kyuhyun has made her fall for him.

'I don't care with your past, the only thing I care is your future with me. And I don't care whether you have another man behind me, or whether the whole universe hate you, because I'll always be by your side, no matter what happen. I'll always be on your way back'

Because actually, she's already cheating back then, that's why she's feeling really touched because of his words. Even though she only marries him because she feels bad for him, because however, he was hurt because of her Ex,--

Sungmin thoughts was interrupted because the cordless phone beside her rings. She suddenly become very nervous, and she doesn't even know why. She takes a deep breath before answering the call. "Yeoboseo?"

"Yeoboseo, are you 'Minnie'?" someone asks, he seemed to be in a rush.

"Yes" Sungmin answered shortly as she can't think of anything else to say because of nervousness.

"Do you know Mr. Cho Kyuhyun?"

"Yes, he's my husband" Sungmin said nervously. "What happened?"

"He was involved in a car accident" the man said. "He was currently at Samsung medical center emergency unit--"

Sungmin dropped the phone in shock. She fell in the floor as she felt her legs becoming weak all of a sudden.

'I'll never ever let you go even if I die'

Tears start forming in her eyes upon remembering Kyuhyun's last words towards her. 'Is he really going to die?' she thought sadly as tears starts running down her cheeks.

 

 

~~~***~~~

 

 

Kyuhyun opens his eyes slowly when he finally see some lights from the darkness. He holds his head when he feels his head aching. He stares around him. It seems like has been in this place and woke up in the same condition, but he can't remember when.

'Ah, this is just like when I woke up from the accident on the day I met with Minnie' he thought as he sits on the bed. He was about to hold his head when he realized that there's something missing from his hand.

His wedding ring.

He stares at his hands confusedly. Where is it? As much as he can remember, he never lets go of it.

"Oh, Kyu, you already wake up?" someone asks.

And Kyuhyun knows this voice really well. It was Yesung's voice

He stares at the voice direction. His eyes widened upon seeing it.

Well, it was Yesung, not really surprising.

But Yesung was... Different.

His hairstyle, his hair color, and of all, he seemed much younger than now.

Kyuhyun really remembers all of this. Everything ever happened 7 years ago.

On the day he met with Sungmin.

But...

'Who is the Ajussi standing behind Yesung hyung?' he thought confusedly. 'What happened actually?'

 

 

To be continued...

 

I hope you guys loved this chapter^^ comments are highly appreciated^^