Summer's Letter

Not Everything is About Summer

That night...

In a dark room, there is only one object that glows — there is a clicking sound every second… or millisecond — there are furrowing eyebrows and eyes predatorily staring at the screen.

Kris' brain must be broken due to the events that have been happening around him recently — ending him up in front of his computer and browsing 'The Four Seasons News'.

It is a forum made by the students of their school years ago up to now, showered by gossips and other events at school. As a Student Council President, Kris is assigned to be an administrator of the site and funny that this is his first time to visit there.

There are random articles in the forum so he decides to do a search of what he is looking for. He types the keyword Kris Wu. He may be aware or unaware but he is narcissistic.

Kris finds a lot of posts about him and the topmost article catches his eye. It says: Emperor Wu stays single for 2 weeks [The Student Council President breaks his own record]

Come to think of it, Kris has not yet found any interesting girl to be the next person he will go out with. In his past relationships, after the day he broke up with someone, he quickly had a replacement. This is so unusual. What will be the reason?

He shakes off his head and scrolls the page. Alas! There is nothing that he can find appealing. Kris Wu is cool. Kris Wu is a good leader. Kris Wu and his government’s platforms are intelligently made. Yeah, yeah, he knows all of that.

Since this is getting boring, Kris removes his own name in the search bar and changes it to Park Chanyeol. He ventures on the forum if he can find someone who knows about the two members of the Taekwondo Club’s love affair. He presses Ctrl + F and uses any term that can help him to his hunt and…

“What? No one other than me discovers it?” He tries again but the result is the same. His patience is about to lose.

Since he cannot see anything there regarding the secret relationship he lately found out, an evil plot blooms inside his mind. For all the months and years Chanyeol ignored him (and, who the even hell is he to forget the almighty Kris?), this is the best moment for revenge.

He will make sure to get enough evidence of the immoral act of his former friend. Yes, Chanyeol is now an enemy. He is a disgraced to the society.

“Ha! Ha! Ha!” Kris laughs antagonistically, pushing the keyboard and reveals a pink envelope that is kept underneath it.

 

He almost forgot the letter.

 

With suspense, he opens the envelope, unfolds the pink paper inside and reads what it contains.

 

Dear Kris,

            How are you and Chanyeol? I hope you are both doing well. If you are going to ask me, I’m doing great myself. Germany is really different from there, and thankfully, I’m able to adapt here.

            In my history class, of course, I study German History, which is about World War II and holocaust. To be honest, over the course of my study, the topic was - literally - discussed more often than I can remember, and always in great depth. It’s tackled in at least 5 different subjects, not to mention usually multiple times in the same subject. That’s what occupies my free time. I read Wikipedia and watch documentaries and films about the holocaust.

            I’m sorry my friend if I forgot to send messages to you and Chanyeol. My mind is filled with questions like: how Nazis could still sleep after killing hundreds or thousands of people. They’re so rude you know. I understand that the mastermind is Hitler but my lads followed his dictatorship.

            I almost disown my German blood because of it. But, I’m glad that the people of this country change and learn from their mistakes through the years, making them a nicer fellow.

            That’s it for now.

Love,

Summer

 

P.S. btw, one of the days this summer, you and Chanyeol should expect my visit there.

 

“Are you even serious?” Kris hysterically asks, banging the poor innocent letter to his desk with his disappointment.

In summary, the holocaust is more important than Summer’s friendship with Chanyeol and Kris.

He hopes this is a joke. It is Summer’s handwriting but the person who wrote the letter is a silly person. It is impossible that this is done by the delightful young girl, Kris and Chanyeol used to play with. It is unbelievable.

He growls under his breath while ruffling his hair and thinking that nothing good happen this night. Kris then shuts his desktop down and decides to move on by sleeping.

 

✿✿✿

 

“President Wu! President Wu!” The freshman named Son Seungwan calls the attention of the said person, who seems to have another bad slumber last night.

Kris is asking himself of why he needs to encounter such excited young girl early this morning. He does not have time for her. She’s pretty but she is wasting his precious time.

The student council president tries to ignore her and enters the school gate without showing that he is in rush, yet, the girl still catches his pace. He sighs faintly and finally surrenders to her eagerness.

Son Seungwan’s round eyes looks at Kris with amazement and she gulps. Obviously, she is star-struck by the person in front of her. Kris cannot help to scoff at her.

Her ponytailed hair is bouncing as she hastily pulls a shiny-hot-pink notepad and furry pen out of her pocket, preparing herself to note down.

“Hi, I’m Son Seungwan a correspondent from FSA’s Daily. That’s our school newspaper.” Kris does not want to show any displeased expression as much as possible so he calmly listens to this rookie. “I heard you and the pretty boy Park Chanyeol both received a mysterious pink letter. Can you please tell me anything about that letter?”

“I haven’t read it yet sorry.” Kris quickly responses and get his feet off of that spot. He does not want to be late because of that stupid interview, specially, because of recalling what that stupid letter says.

The girl hollers his name but he does not stop from walking and he heads to his class. Only all of a sudden, he freezes when he meets Chanyeol and his group halfway. The fate is not being good to him these days, he does not know what he did to deserve this and there, although he hates it; he is viewing the perfect friendship of this trio. And as usual, as if Shen is Chanyeol’s servant, she brings Chanyeol’s backpack but Min takes it from her this time. Kris’ eye trails down to the tallest among the group’s hand and finds it linked to Chanyeol’s. He is violently asking… how these two publicly show their affection without anybody except him notices it. Life is so unfair!

 

✿✿✿

 

Holding a DSLR, Kris goes to the same place where he caught Chanyeol and Min’s in their sensual (but for Kris it’s hideous) act. He is cautious of each step he makes on that abandon building, going to the room where he saw that scandal. If he is successful, he will laugh loudly in front of the teen couple who are crying in shame. A big BUT — he does not find Chanyeol and his lover there.

Maybe his timing today is not right, although, the time is similar from before. He will try it again tomorrow.

 

And tomorrow comes, Kris fails again. It’s the timing. It’s the timing. Yes, another day.

 

And that day after tomorrow, nothing is new, he fails again.

 

Resting his back on the wall, he blocks his eyes with his hand from the orange rays of the sunset that shines to his direction. He concludes that no matter how determined he tries getting an evident; the pair will not let him catch them alive. Smirking, Kris speculates that Chanyeol is the one who senses the danger to their relationship. He knows it.

Tsk.

Park Chanyeol is truly a cunning creature.

 

✿✿✿

 

After giving up to his sabotage against Chanyeol, Kris decides returning to his routine. Meeting with the student body officials, patrolling the school and his last stop will be the library. He loves reading books.

As he scans the shelves for something that he will read today, he crosses path with a person who uncommonly goes to that place, and alone. Kris is fascinated.

“Studying?” The school representative asks, raising an eyebrow to the boy.

“No, I intend to meet you.” Kris wants to laugh teasingly at his old pal with the statement he says. He moves closer, running his fingers to the books he passes and looks at Chanyeol with judgment.

“What for?” The other boy turns his head from left to right, seems checking his surrounding, before straightly facing him.

“This.” Chanyeol raises his hand in level to his face and shows the pink envelope clipped between his two fingers, Summer’s letter. “Have you read it?” Kris nods at him. “Good. Germany wrecks her brain, don’t you think?”

“Don’t say that.” Kris’ tone is firm but it is said in whisper. “And, we’re not sure yet if Summer was the one who wrote this.”

“It’s undeniable that this—is—summer’s—handwriting. I copied her notes back in grade school, remember?” Kris simply responds with a serious stare at him while he folds his arm to his chest. “So, what’s your plan?”

“About what?”

Chanyeol can only scoffs. “Didn’t you read the P.S.? Although the totality of her letter proclaims herself as a holocaust enthusiast now, she stated her desire of meeting us.”

“I… I don’t know.” Chanyeol rolls his eyes.

“Kris, this is not the time to be dumb-dumb. We need to do something.” The pressure Chanyeol is giving Kris makes his mind emptier. “Oh, I know. Since you’re good at pretending, why don’t we act like we’re still best buddies?”

Now, Kris is more confused with the person in front of him.

Even though Chanyeol currently has a sharp tongue (the lewd making out must be the cause of it) and says insults at him, and Kris knows this boy is inside an inappropriate love story, it is incredible that he is bothered by Summer’s homecoming.

“So, are you with me?” Kris does not speak, making Chanyeol’s face darker. “Do you want our first love to see us like this, shattered and hate each other?”

“I don’t hate you.” Kris mutters and Chanyeol smugly looks at him.

“Yeah right.”

“Fine, let’s do this for Summer’s sake.”

“Good.” Chanyeol’s lips slant in satisfaction.

 

This is going to be difficult for both of them but their best friend slash puppy love will in the country to see them. Although the letter is made of pure nonsense and Summer gave them a little significance there, Kris will eat his pride and team up with this homo fellow. He does not hate him but he honorably acknowledges that he is disgusted with his present preference.

 

“Starting today, you’ll be temporarily joining me and my friends.” What? Your army of weirdos? No way! Those words want to come out of Kris’ mouth but he wins against his protesting self and simply says...

“Sure.”

 

To be continued…

 

 

A/N:

Amm... so tired. I hope you understand if there's error. I don't have sleep yet but I want to post at least three for this week. See you next time

(-_-) ....zzzzzZZZZZZZ.....ZZZZZZ