Meeting Mrs. Wu (Not in Summer)

Not Everything is About Summer

Kris hears a loud cry from a child that brings him to consciousness. It is like a siren alarming everyone about a fire, but the blond knows this is no fire. He pulls his pillow and covers his face, wanting to sleep again. But wait…

He cannot remember there has ever been a child inside his unit.

“Hush baby, everything’s all right.” Someone says, reminding him of his childhood when his Aunt was there to comfort him. He turns around and finds no Good-Old-Aunt Gyuri — but his wife holding blond-bowl cut toddler instead.

“Mommy!” The little child weeps burying his face more to his mother’s chest. While caressing his son, by combing his hair with his hand, Chanyeol finally notices his awaken husband.

“Kris, fix the bed. We’ll be at the kitchen.” Chanyeol cradles the toddler as this little boy continues crying and goes outside room with him. The blond husband remains dazed. Because — indeed, that is Chanyeol — but an adult version of his wife.

He shakes his head, confused of what’s going on. The bedroom looks the same as it is, so this is not the future… is it?

 

After doing what Chanyeol asked him to do, he goes outside as well and sees his wife still hugging the boy on his lap but the whimpering dies down.

“I’ll make you some milk, okay?” Chanyeol puts him on the chair next to him and rises to make a drink for his little boy. He looks at Kris before he proceeds to the counter and do his task. The blond then replaces the brunet by sitting beside the toddler.

“Hi, little guy.” He greets and the boy glances at him but looks on the floor again. “What’s the matter?”

Kris waits for a soundless two minutes before the toddler talks. “I was crowned as the King but Mommy and Daddy were not beside me.” The boy sniffs. “They were at the darkest corner of the hall looking at me and smiling. I want Mommy and Daddy beside me, not a crowd of people I don’t know!”

The blond is bewildered of the toddler’s explanation sounds like he has dreamed of a fairytale turned nightmare. But this does not stop him from petting the head of the boy who continues sniveling.

“That is just a dream, your Mommy and Daddy won’t leave you.” He assures and the boy makes a small whine.

“But, it looks REAL, Daddy! REAL!” Kris is dumbfounded of what the boy calls him. Looking at the boy closely, he resembles him so much, only if his hair is not a lighter blond like it’s almost silver.

“What’s your name?”

The boy answers but Chanyeol’s voice dominates more in the background. Kris turns his head to Chanyeol’s direction and finds him lying beside him comfortably, getting him back to reality where the little boy does not exist. Yet.

His wife, who’s back to his current raven hair, opens his eyes and welcomes him with a sweet smile.

“Good morning.” Chanyeol leans closer for a kiss on his lips and the wrap on his torso tightens.

“Had a good dream?” Taking what he has dreamt about aside, he asks his wife who looks enjoying their close-fit position. The room where they in is smaller, pretty small.

Chanyeol nods, nuzzling his nose to his husband’s jaw, and looks at him with half lidded eyes. “In a palace like place, I’m sitting comfortably on the couch when my servants suddenly disappeared on my sight. I did not leave my spot till you came with a smirk on your lips. You had a black hair in that dream, looking evil but y. You approached me and said ‘You’re mine.’ then kissed me possessively. God, you’re so hot.”

Rather than enjoying what Chanyeol had told him, he sits up, disturbed. “What’s the color of my hair again?” The beam on his wife’s lips fades and he rises with him.

“Black?” He hesitantly says and seems to get worried of Kris’ unhappy reaction.

“I hope you don’t dream something like that again specially me with black hair.” The blond mutters like warning Chanyeol. His confused wife asks why but the thought of a black haired man with an evil smirk took over his mind.

“If I can just control my dreams so that you will not look bothered as now, I will do it for you. And honestly, you look older with the black hair so I prefer you the blond, hon.”

“Really?” Kris has enough of thinking his dark version, smiling delightfully to Chanyeol. “Can you show me how did he kiss you?”

Flush of red smears in Chanyeol’s cheeks. This embarrassed boy stares at his lips before he dives to his pillow again, muffling his whine.

Kris simply chuckles at his cute act, getting up from the bed and approaches their luggage.

“You better get up now. This is an important day after all.” He says pulling a piece of underwear from one of the bags. As he finds shirt and pants this time, the blond glimpses at his wife who is revealing his adorable blushing face from the pillow he is hugging. Kris snorts seeing that view.

“Huh? But, I still want to stay here. I promise I’ll dream of you in blond this time.”

“Chanyeol stop being lazy, remember the picnic that we’re talking about yesterday? And, I’m about to introduce you to someone.” The other teen sits up again now looking interested due to what he said.

“Is it your Mom? Or Dad?” Kris rises after gathering his clothes for today, puts it on his lap as he sits beside his wife to combs his hair up. Chanyeol seems to like the touch, snuggling his head on Kris’ palm on his own, as if he is a cat.

“You’ll find out soon.” Grasping his feline side, he looks disappointed and grumpy as he hears Kris’ answer. A kiss on his lips remove those unnecessary expressions and a tight hug follows.

“Ok, if you say so.” Kris ruffles his hair before leaving him on the bed.

“Get the food ready.” The blond says. “I’ll help you out once I’m done with shower.”

 

 

 

When Kris comes out of the small shower, he finds his wife preparing the snacks they will bring for the picnic. He is facing him with his back, wearing the pink apron Kris bought for him. Since the confrontation with Chanyeol’s parents, the young couple have technically eloped. They traveled south, in the rural plains and now staying to a tiny house the nuns from the convent nearby lent them.

It is away from their digital life and everything here is made out of wood. A square table and four chairs welcomes anyone who enters the property, simple kitchen on the left, bathroom and bedroom across. There is a 14’’ TV sitting on the right but they barely use it. When two tall teenagers like Kris and Chanyeol live here, the place just became smaller.

Chanyeol turns his head to him and back to the sandwich he is preparing. The husband walks to his direction and wraps his arms around his waist. Chanyeol will still make a disapproving sound but it is more faint now. He is different since the day he learnt the truth of their deal. It turns him to a clingier person, however only in the bedroom like what he was doing earlier. Kris cannot help to have the idea of taking advantage of Chanyeol if he keeps this touchiness whenever they’re on the bed. Once they are outside the room, the raven seems to transform to a different person that Kris is the one who always initiates the flirting.

“I’m almost done here so there is almost nothing for you to do here except putting this sandwich in the container and cutting the kimbab.” Chanyeol looks up his husband. “I better get ready too. By the way, your coffee is on the table.”

The dream he just had earlier flashes to his mind, because this seems to be the same Chanyeol he had there. He is so responsible and mature, perfect for their domestic state. Kris likes his cutesy side but he likes this too.

“Thanks.” He kisses Chanyeol’s cheek before the boy moves away and heads to the bathroom with his clothes.

 

✿✿✿

 

The setting for their picnic is not very distant to where they reside. It is the uphill at the back of the nuns’ convent. This may be away from the city but this country living is not bad at all. A beautiful vast view of green lands and flower fields is what nature can offer them. There are interesting life-size stones with variety of shapes standing in trail from the convent to the hill. Wild animals and insects are everywhere. The area is so peaceful and healthy suits to Chanyeol’s likings. This is a paradise already for the raven since he never seen such alluring environment before.

“We’re here.” Kris interrupts his appreciation to nature, realizing they are somewhere solemn and crosses made of stone are just all over the place. It’s a cemetery.

Chanyeol feels goosebumps spread to his skin as he watches his husband squats and wipes the dirt on top of a cross. The blond raises his hand like asking something to his wife and the raven only has the bouquet of white flowers in his hand which they bought earlier. Chanyeol gives it to him which Kris puts in front of the gravestone. Oh Minyoung was the named written on it.

“Mom, I brought you some Jasmines. Aunt said it’s your favorite.” Kris talks to the grave with a smile on his lips but eyes with loneliness. “Don’t worry, I’ve been doing well Mom. And by the way,” glancing at his wife, Kris raises his hand again now asking for Chanyeol’s hand, “this is my wife, Chanyeol. He’s beautiful, right?”

Chanyeol is embarrassed of Kris’ introduction but he still politely greets and introduces himself.

Kris laughs, “I know you’ll have a dumbfounded expression right now, but I already set up my mind to get married and I chose someone that I know I’ll be most comfortable with.” He kisses the back of his wife’s hand and rubs his thumb on it. “I love him and he feels the same way too. I wonder if you’ll accept us if ever you were alive.”

“Kris?” The couple leans back and sees a familiar face behind. She is with a guy carrying a sleeping baby.

“Aunt!” Standing up, Kris excitedly says and the woman approaches him with a playful hit on his arm.

“I told you to call me Noona.” The woman embraces the blond and Chanyeol is there to be merely an audience. She is Park Gyuri the lady living with Kris when they were young. She looks the same but her clothes are for a normal person now.

“But, it suits you specially you got married and I have a cousin now.” As the two chuckle, the woman takes notice of Kris’ company. Her eyes become smaller then grow wider after figuring out who the raven is.

“Don’t tell me this is Chanyeol.”

“He is.”

“Oh my, he grew up handsome and both of you are so tall.” Chanyeol shyly smiles as he bows his head. He has made an eye contact with his husband with the awkwardness.

“Indeed.” Kris rubs his nape.

“I’ve never seen you for a long time since my wedding and here you are, boost with enormous height.” Gyuri says in her amazement. “I know it’s your mother’s death anniversary but you usually won’t come in this occasion. What’s the change?”

 

 

 

While Hyukjae, Gyuri’s husband, strolls with their baby, the other three sit in the table with the food they brought dined there. They catch up with all the happenings and Chanyeol finally learns that Gyuri is the younger sister of Kris’ mother.

“So, don’t get jealous to my aunt now, Chanyeol.” The raven glares at Kris and the relatives laugh. He thought Kris felt something romantically to the woman but now that he knows the truth, it is disturbing to think.

“It’s unbelievable you guys are married.” Gyuri, who has been astonished nonstop to their story, looks at both of them with her hand on . “Did they really accept it?”

Kris confidently nod.

“And, do they know Chanyeol is a boy?”

Kris, looking so confident, shakes his head this time. Chanyeol suddenly get alarmed same with Gyuri’s reaction.

“What on earth, Kris? You’re putting your wife in danger here!” Gyuri hits the table, she sighs and crosses her arms to her chest.

“I’ll take care of it. Also, Kevin is the mastermind of all this after all.”

“Who’s Kevin?” Chanyeol suddenly gets curious and the relatives look at him.

“Some guy.” Kris bluntly answers.

“He is not just a guy. He’s your brother.” Gyuri corrects as she gets a sandwich from the plate. “If your naïve husband didn’t tell you, he actually has a lot of siblings from different mothers.”

“You don’t have to tell him that. Because, he’ll know it from me eventually.” Kris looks at his wife with reassurance. He already knows all about Chanyeol but the other know almost nothing.

“When, are you going to open up this kind of stuffs with him?” Gyuri asks back.

Before this turn into an argument, Chanyeol speaks up with a shy smile. “Uh, it’s alright. I can wait till he’s ready.”

“What an understanding wife.” Gyuri comments, looking so impressed. “But, it’s actually the right time to say this because he brought you here, isn’t it?”

Kris and Chanyeol exchange look to each other and that is interrupted with Gyuri’s sigh.

“If Kris will not mind, I’ll give you a few details about him.” The blond shrugs and must be a sign that he agrees so Gyuri speaks. “My family originally lives in New York and owns an academy there. Kris’ father met us and quickly decided to marry my sister. A lot of issue came the reason for her to be sent here. I and Kris travelled here to find her and found her grave instead. She was forced to get divorced by the Wus but she must have refused it. As you see, her last name is Oh the Korean of Wu.”

“But, if you just came here to find her and found out her death, why didn’t you return there?” Chanyeol asks and Kris violently reacts to his aunt.

“Look what you did. He is so curious now.” Glaring while leaning closer to his aunt, Kris whispers and she seems not threaten of it with her shrugging.

“That’s ok.” Chanyeol nervously says. “You don’t have to answer my question if Kris feels uncomfortable.”

“You’re lucky to have Chanyeol. He seems to truly love you.” Kris riches Chanyeol’s hand and hold it tightly. The gesture seems to express his gratitude for his trust.

“Well, I love him too and I’ll fight for him if ever the Wus will know the truth about him.”

Honestly, Chanyeol wants to know more about Kris and his family. They seem to have a strict culture like him. But, the information Gyuri shared must be enough for the day.

 

 

 

The couple parts ways with Gyuri and her family as the sun sets. They walk home using the path to the park in that town, hand in hand. The place appears different from their usual spot but the raven feels nostalgic. Their childhood days flash in his mind as he looks each corner of the vicinity. Chanyeol is not sure if Kris meant them to go there so he can remember those colorful memories.

“Want some ice cream?” Kris snaps him from his daydreaming and it takes seconds before he responds with a nod. “What flavor do you like?”

“The usual.” Kris smiles, looking at him lovingly and kisses him on his forehead.

“I’ll be right back then.” Kris is about to move away but Chanyeol keeps holding his hand. The blond’s brows furrow.

“I changed my mind.” Chanyeol say with seriousness in his tone. “Don’t go since you might meet a pretty vendor again.”

Kris laughs, holding the raven’s face with his free hand and gives another peck on his forehead. “There’s no one more gorgeous than my wife here, so why should I look for someone?” Chanyeol unconsciously pouts his lips that catches Kris’ attention to kiss it. He flinches in surprise. “If you don’t want me kissing you in public, why don’t you stay at that playground and wait for me there? I promise to bring you an ice cream and not someone’s phone number.”

Chanyeol deeply exhales and awkwardly looks straight to his husband’s eyes. “Fine.”

The blond finally separates with his wife and proceeds to the ice cream truck. It’s not like Kris is still a playboy like he used to be and not a faithful partner like what he is now. He sits on the swing, still cannot help his worry.

“Waiting for your girlfriend?” An old sweeper suddenly talks to him minutes after he starts waiting for his husband in the playground.

“Umm…”

“Oh, young love.” He rests his chin on the broom’s head. “You may be thinking she is the one you’ll end up with till death. But, you will still experience a lot of things and meet different people in the process. You may go tired of her and decide to part ways. I’ve been in that position too and I’m unable to find happiness in this old age.”

“That’s a pity, sir.” Chanyeol says, disagreeing with the old folk inside. It’s not like his life is like what a normal person encounters. But, instead of acting rude, he stays quiet listening to the sweeper.

“I know. That’s why I want you to think wisely with all the decision you have to make and enjoy life while your still young. If ever you break up, think positively and continue moving forward. There is a lot of fish in the sea so don’t be too focus on just one person.”

“Chanyeol?” Kris’ returns seems to be an oasis for him right now. He stands from the swing and gets the ice cream he bought for him. Chanyeol does not want to offend the old man, but he needs to tell him his position.

“Thanks for the advice, sir. But unlike the teens at my age, I’m happily married. This is my husband by the way.” Chanyeol loves seeing the dumbfounded expression on the man’s face. Hand in hand, the young couple leaves the park.

 

“What was that?”

“Nothing.”

 

 

 

They are close to home when Kris comments on the encounter he had with the old sweeper which breaks the silence of their peaceful travel.

“You seem proud to tell anyone about our marriage, huh?” Glancing to his husband at his side, Chanyeol sees Kris’ smuggling face.

“Why shouldn’t I? My husband is anyone has been wishing for. I should really announce you to the whole world.” Kris seems surprised as he calmly response to that but he shows a delighted smile.

They enjoy the silence then, Chanyeol humming but stops when his husband’s hold tightens. He knows Kris will start another conversation so he prepares his ear for anything he will say.

“Chanyeol, I’m sorry.” The raven glances at the other teen with wonder.

“Huh?” and the wonder also shows in his tone.

Kris exhales and says, “to be honest with you, I brought you to my mom’s grave so I can tell you more about me. If, Aunt-Gyuri did not just in.”

“No need to worry, I’m cool with it. We still have chance to talk about it next time.” Kris nods as he agrees with his wife. “After all, it’s a nice day. It’s very peaceful and nostalgic because of your aunt.”

“I’m lucky to be your man.”

Their life together is. no doubt blissful. When they have gone to that town it’s like they entered a dream, and returning to Seoul is like a scary reality they don’t want to wake up to. In the fairytales, they say ‘They live happily ever after’ — seems Kris and Chanyeol are experiencing at this moment. It is so surreal the raven is not believing they are on that point yet. He knows his parents well —  and they will not lose him just like that.

 

As they arrive to their place, flock of men in black are in front of their lot. Kris steps back seeing the view, pulling Chanyeol with him. They are about to flee, but another set of men in black are already there behind them . They are led by the stern president’s secretary, who vowed at them.

“You are invited for questions, Mr. Wu.” Secretary Won (Chapter 7) had a warrant in his hand for Chanyeol’s husband. “You are accused of kidnapping and brainwashing the president’s son.”

“That’s not true! He didn’t do such things to me!” Chanyeol immediately defenses his husband but Kris gestures him to stop.

“Sure, I’ll go with you.” Chanyeol is shouting protest inside him but the blond follows their lead calmly with no obstruction. He knows he is near to shut down seeing this picture — Kris is taken away from him.

“Chanyeol.” The boy turns his back as he hears his name and sees Shen. The girl spreads her arms and hugs him. She kisses him lightly on his forehead.

At the same moment, Chanyeol is confused what his friend is doing there. Since the day this girl is forced (he believes) to report about his condition, Chanyeol never has contact with her again.

 

“I’m sorry if I need to do this.” She says while still having Chanyeol in her embrace. The raven feels a sudden sting on his neck and everything turns white.

 

✿✿✿

 

Kris looks back and sees his unconscious wife being carried by one of the guys. Shen is just behind, tailing Chanyeol and the man, and makes an eye contact with him. His heart breaks at the scene but he does not want to make the situation worse so he complies with these men.

He gets in the car with handcuffs on his hands. Looking through the window, he follows the vehicle where Chanyeol and Shen went with his eyes.

Kris does not know what is going happen next after this, but he sets in his mind that no matter what — he will fight his right for his wife.

 

 

To be continued…

 

A/N:

Hi! The 25th Chapter (technically) is here! I can't believe this... my dear EXO is five years now! And, !!! has been abused for this post. Thank you EXO for giving color in my life and I'm thankful to all the fans who stands with them since the beginning. And, thank you to all the KY shippers who stick with the otp till now. I cannot be more than happy to be back with this new chapter. This is far from ending so leave a comment below and tell me what you think of this and the previous chapter. Happy 5th Year Anniversary EXO and EXO-L!