No more Summer, It’s Autumn but Where’s Park Chanyeol?

Not Everything is About Summer

We’re almost there.” The bright rays of sunlight are pushing through the little gaps of the tree. It hurts Chanyeol’s eyes but thankfully, the boy in front of him, who’s carrying him, blocks those sunrays most of the time. "Are you excited?"

Chanyeol knows that kid with black hair speaks a different language from his. He holds him with his dear life as they go higher and higher to the tree. Reaching the top, they are welcomed by the vast scenery of the palace.

Chanyeol is so exhilarated with the view, the blue tiled roofs and ancient designs of the buildings, and the mountain behind them gives a calming feel in the whole vicinity.

"It's beautiful,” says the boy. “Isn’t it?

The blinding sunlight interferes to see the boy’s face when the said person turns his head to him. Chanyeol is eager to know what that boy really looks like, responding as always with…

“Hyung.”

“Who are you calling Hyung?” Chanyeol automatically opens his eyes and sees a blond boy above him in reality. The outdoor setting transforms into Kris’ bedroom.

The entire thing is merely a dream.

Chanyeol sits up and combs his own hair with his hand, snorting.

“What’s funny? And, who is that person you’re calling Hyung?” Kris, who’s next to him, bumps him gently with his arm and he shakes his head in response.

“He’s someone who only exists in my dreams.” Looking at Kris, he comes aware that the other boy is frowning. “Why? Ow.”

Kris starts poking his cheeks with his index finger, in the part where his dimple is located. “It must be a good dream that this thing is showing, huh?”

“I’ll be honest, yes, it’s a good dream.” The taller teen stops dabbing his face. “I always dream of him since I was a toddler, I guess, usually when I had a bad day.”

“So, what you had yesterday was ugly.” Chanyeol nods then receives an arm lock to his neck the next moment, making him yelp. “But, it’s not right to dream some man other than your husband.”

“He’s just a boy for heaven’s sake.”

 

As they get up from the bed and proceed to the kitchen, Chanyeol tries to explain the dream he just had to his self-proclaimed husband. Kris must be frowning all the time while Chanyeol is telling his story, but he is the one making their breakfast this morning.

“When did you start cooking?” Sitting like an obedient kid in the island, Chanyeol tries to peer on the dish Kris is making. But, the sulking blond blocks his wife’s view with his broad back.

“When my wife neglect his duty.” Kris smirks, dining the scrambled eggs on the plate and puts it on the table along the toasted breads. Chanyeol ignores what he said and hops off the seat — if his husband doesn’t catch him before his feet land on the ground.

“Hey, you’re being rude since the beginning of this day.” Chanyeol’s cool loosens and he feels like smoke is coming out from both of his ears. Kris simply chuckles at him, putting him down on the dining table’s chair with care.

“I’m sorry.” He places a peck on Chanyeol’s temple and sits beside. “I just miss you, okay? Here, honey, eat.”

Chanyeol is still full of his annoyance that he cannot move immediately, so Kris does it for him by scooping a little of the eggs, placing it on the bread and parks it in level with his mouth.

“Say, ah.” Willingly opening his mouth, Chanyeol has a taste of Kris’ cooking. It’s not bad at all. He holds the bread himself, scooping more of the scrambled eggs and hums in approval. Kris looks satisfied to his reaction.

“We should change role you know. You can handle it without sweat.”

“No.” Kris is too serious pouring some milk into a glass and places in front of Chanyeol. “You’re fit to be the wife more. I’m just doing this because you still look weak from last night.”

Chanyeol finishes his bread then drinks his milk, and all of a sudden, the blond teen leans to him and the top of his lips languidly. The black haired boy can only blink, with a glint of anger.

“There’s milk left on your lips so I clean it.” Kris explains, drinking his coffee.

“But, why you need to use your tongue?” Chanyeol, who cannot believe what just happened, stays blinking his eyes as he growls.

Kris shrugs and sips on his coffee again — and the other young male cannot bear this taking of advantage.

When his husband’s mouth is apart with the cup, he uses this chance to slip from the space between Kris and the porcelain and kisses him on the lips.

“Your morning kiss.” After sitting on his chair properly, Chanyeol is celebrating deep inside. He is going to intake some of his glass milk while getting a quick glimpse to his husband’s face but it is revealed that Kris wears an evil grin. Gulping a large amount of his drink, Chanyeol knows Kris’ reaction does not mean any good.

In a second, his blond husband gets the glass from him and puts it on the table. Panicking of what will happen next, the boy slides from his seat and runs to the bedroom. He feels like an upcoming victim in a suspense film and Kris is the killer. Killer?

 

 

 

Minutes later, Chanyeol retrieves all the air he lost from Kris’ attack (well, sensual attack) to him, turning his body to his side and opposite from the other boy. He tilts his head up, pressing the side of his face on the pillow more, touching the burning like part on his collarbone that the taller teen had been earlier. His lips feel so numb too.

Kris, who’s behind him, is panting as well. Chanyeol doesn’t need to wait more time to know what this person is planning to do as he gets pulled into a hug. He squirms but Kris hushes him so he shudders while calming down.

“Krease.” He cries. “Don’t forget we have school today.”

Chanyeol senses the other boy nods behind him, swallowing in tense. “But, you’ve been away for a long~ time.”

His black hair sways to his eyes as he faces Kris again, yet he thinks facing him is not a good idea because he cannot look at him straightly with that position. He feels this is going to get steamy again.

“Do you really think I’ve been gone for long?” He mutters, feeling like he will cough or sneeze blood.

“Yes.” Kris kisses him on his forehead. Chanyeol cannot control to the touch that he receives on his skin. “Let’s have a date rather than going to school.”

That statement is too ridiculous for Chanyeol. He elbows the blond to his stomach in order to snap him from his foolishness; effectively, the boy really lets him go. Thinking it’s insufficient, he brings his pillow as he rolls from the bed and stands on the floor. He hits Kris on his head like a madman who escape from the asylum.

 

 

 

After those random turns of events, Kris decides to go to school alone and advises Chanyeol to stay home today instead. The boy himself agrees when he sees his husband no longer wears their summer uniform on. He forgot to bring his school clothes with him for the new season and it will be embarrassing if he’s going to attend their classes and appears like he is stuck in summer. He can borrow Kris’ spare uniform, but he feels better if he’s wearing his own. He doesn’t feel leaving the house due to this reason — however — it’s lonely and boring without his husband as moments pass.

When Chanyeol roams the unit, he takes notice that the place becomes a little dusty and it gives him an idea of what he can do to kill the time. He happily gets the cleaning materials, complimenting himself for solving his boredom issue.

 

✿✿✿

 

That evening…

Kris goes home along a paper bag that he brought for Chanyeol in his hands. Setting his foot on the living room’s entrance, he finds that boy curled sleeping on the couch. Why does he like snoozing there? He sits beside his unconscious wife and reaches his hand to his hair brushing the strands that’s covering his eyes. With the boy’s movement like lips curling and his mannerism of nose scrunching up, obviously he will wake up soon.

Chanyeol’s eyelids slowly peel open and pouts cutely as he gains his conscious back.

“You’re home.” He sits up, rubbing both of his eyes with the back of his hands, and Kris cannot wait to kiss him, sneaking a peck on his lips. Chanyeol makes a short gasps, taking his hands off from his face and glares at his husband. The blond sheepishly grins at him.

“Look what I brought you.” Kris lifts the paper bag in level with their faces and Chanyeol snatches it from his hand. “I went to Shen Yeorum’s house to pick those for you.”

Chanyeol’s eyes brighten as he peeps inside the bag like Kris does something lifesaving.

“Thank you.” He says with a shy smile and flushed cheeks.

And Kris nods. “I remembered you only had your summer uniform with you. And, there’s also a VIP going to our school tomorrow so everyone should look prim and proper.”

Furrowing his brows, Chanyeol makes a quick glance at his clothes in the bag once more. “Who’s coming?”

“Our District’s Assemblywoman.” His wife’s face turns white this time, looking at him with flabbergasted expression. He wonders why Chanyeol would react as if he says something like big deal. Unless…

“The… First Lady, is it?” Kris, who’s still bewildered, nods.

“What’s wrong, honey?” Chanyeol shakes his head while lifting his feet resting next to the blond boy’s back and sets it on the floor.

“Nothing.” He says softly. “I can vision what’s coming up tomorrow.”

 

✿✿✿

 

And the next day arrives, the entire crowd of youth in Four Season’s Academy act like they are some robots receiving command from their teachers. They walk stiff and quite as they enter their classrooms and everyone wears their uniform appropriately.

Chanyeol feels tense imagining what he expected last night. There’s no need for further explanation of why his mother will visit there and knowing how busy that woman is. Staring the ground out the window, Chanyeol eyes the bustling road below the apartment. That’s right — he chooses to stay home than seeing the real situation in their school, knowing his mother’s real agenda.

Shaking his head, Chanyeol stops gazing the ground and looks straight. He wipes the glass in front with the rag in his hand and blows it if he’s not satisfied with its clarity.

 

✿✿✿

 

“Where’s Chanyeol?” With his jaw resting in his palm, Kris glances up to Shen and sighs. It takes a while before the confused girl sits on her chair. “I thought he’s back in your place.”

“He is but he wants to rest one more day at home.”

Shen seems to have more to say but their rushing Homeroom Teacher gets everyone’s attention including them. His usual calmness is not with him right now and he looks so exhausted and disturbed.

“Kids.” He calls his student, putting his materials for today’s lesson on the table. “In any minute, Jongno’s Representative will be here and observe our class with other high rank school officials. I hope you’ll give your 100% participation later.” The whole class exclaimed except for Kris because it’s pretty obvious they’ll be chosen as they’re the frontline class.

“Maybe as long as we’ve discussed the lesson before, we can do so.” One of them says.

“Or if it’ll be something easy.” Another student says.

“I may consider your suggestions so let’s head to the plan.” He scans his class and notices the empty seats. “Where’s Park Chanyeol?”

 

As the class observation starts, their teacher shows his clumsy side for the first time. His cool approach yet boring way of speaking transforms horribly into an enthusiastic yet disastrous way of handling his lesson. He looks creepy… well, so creepy Kris wants to vomit.

Everyone seems worried about him that they try to help him do a better performance. Other than his distressed Homeroom Teacher who specializes in Life Science, the person beside Kris has no difference to their teacher.

Shen seems to sense his puzzled look that she smiles like a serial killer while shivering as if she has seizures.

He never sees this class this ugly and in an apocalyptic state before. Adding to this mind twirling moment, he can feel someone is looking at him sharply that as if he is stabbed by arrows behind. He stays facing the front than getting bothered of that person, who owns those venomous eyes.

The troublesome class is successfully over in a blur. The aftershock continues to linger there as their teacher collapses on his desk after giving his 100% strength and confidence for his lesson. While his classmates are checking the poor man out, Kris stands, startling at the petrified girl next to him.

“Hey.” Kris reaches his hand slowly to the stone-like person’s shoulder and reluctantly pats her. An abrupt movement of turning her head to the blond makes the boy stumble to the wall. What Kris waiting for her to say is ‘I see dead people’ with her expression right now.

“Even just with her aura, she’s… she’s really—no, seriously—absolutely—no DOUBT worse than the president.” Shen looks broken. “I understand now why the pitiful boy is always cowed with a mere mention of her name.”

“Huh?” With wide eyes, Shen stands from her seat and gets her things.

“Don’t mind.” She says. “I’m going to my club since I cannot bear to stay h-he-here here here.”

Kris scratches his head in confusion as she zooms out of their classroom.

 

The same atmosphere enters the Student Council Office when the Representative and her company visit there. This moment gives Kris the opportunity to face the intimidating woman personally. Each Council Members are introduced to her by the Principal and he puts the blond boy last.

“This is Mr. Kris Wu the President.” The tall teen bows politely without smiling.

“Oh, hi, I hope you’re doing a good job, young man. Administering this kind of school is difficult.” The woman says with a small smile, her hair is neatly styled in bun and wearing blazer and pencil-cut skirt both in red. Kris wonders where he saw her face before besides seeing her on TV. It feels like they have met in the past.

“Not at all, Madam, the students are doing pretty well with their cooperation to my government.” The woman nods then advises her departure from the office and the members breathe out in relief. Kris sits in his desk remembering the dark look she’s giving to him earlier when she’s still there.

 

The First Lady continues touring the school ground and the last thing the school prepares for her is showing off the talents of the FSA students. The announcer introduces the next performer who is no other than Summer Kim. Her classmates who are inside the auditorium are surprised because she’s not in their class earlier but now she’s there to perform for the politician.

Wearing their winter uniform, Summer demurely sits on the chair and plays a classical piece. Everyone’s eyes brighten with her skilled performance. In the middle of her music, a middle-aged man approaches the blond boy, who’s standing at the side of the backstage.

“Representative Park wants to talk to you in private.” He whispers to Kris. “If you accept the invitation, follow me.”

Kris has not able to finish his friend’s performance. To be asked by an important person for a private talk, who is Kris to refuse it?

 

 

 

30 or 40 minutes must have passed and Kris is still alone at the backseat of a black luxury car. Thankfully, the time isn’t burnt more as the First Lady gets inside the same vehicle and sits beside him. She shakes the invisible dust off from her red suit before she place her hands on her lap, sitting with straight posture.

“I won’t beat around the bush here. I’m Park Chanyeol’s mother and I know you very well, Mr. Kris Wu.” She says quietly,   looking at the teen with her stern eyes. Well, that is truly abrupt. No wonder he looks familiar to him, reminding him the day Chanyeol gave him cold shoulder three years ago. “I’ve been watching you since the day you and my son had a connection. The only time we stop eyeing on you is when my boy seize his friendship with you. And then, here you are again, staining my pure boy. Tell me, how much do you know about us?”

“To be honest, Chanyeol keeps his profile low and it doesn’t matter to me if he wants to keep it a secret from me.” He says calmly without showing any emotion to the First Lady’s judging eyes.

“But, it matters to us.” She says graver than before. “You may know that Chanyeol is our only child. We expect so much from him and wants him grow as an elite individual. I’m aware a part of you came from an influential family too, unfortunately, they hated the Korean blood running through your veins so they dumped you to your mother’s homeland.”

“I’m impressed.” Kris slightly smirks at the woman and so does her but more visible.

“Don’t think you have the same situation to my son. You’re family doesn’t care to your future but me and my husband care about Chanyeol’s so we set him up to a delicate lady. Mr. Wu, I hope you stop playing your games with my boy and convince him to return to us. Don’t pull Chanyeol along to your hapless fate.” It takes three-whole-long-dead-minute-of-silence before Chanyeol’s mother speaks again. “Mr. Jung, please bring this boy home. I still have something to discuss to this school’s Principal.”

As the woman gets off of the vehicle, the engine starts and moving. Kris looks out the window and watches the First Lady heads to their school with her bodyguards. Sighing, he turns his head away from the window and rests his back to the cushion. Kris smirks once more, thinking about the confrontation. It truly surprises him.

He knows the reason now why his wife didn’t want to go to school today, even though he urged him many times.

 

✿✿✿

 

Chanyeol is pouring the pasta to the strainer when he hears someone enters the unit. He leaves it for a moment and quickly goes to the entrance to greet his husband. Kris seems to have a very tiring day which he had anticipated.

“Welcome home.” Chanyeol tiptoes and kisses him on the cheek. As he pulls away, he sees the blond dumbfounded of his action. Of course he will react like that since it is unusual for the shorter boy to be this sweet around Kris. He wants to hit his own head and flee from embarrassment due to that, but…

“I won’t beat around the bush too, Chanyeol. Your mom introduces herself to me.” The raven-haired boy is shocked, looking back to his husband.

The day must have exhausted the taller teen, sighing as he takes off his blazer and sits on the couch. Chanyeol simply follows him with his eyes.

"Come here." Kris taps the space beside him and Chanyeol sits there. He leans his back to the couch, massaging his eyes with his hand.

"What did she-did she tell you o-ther than that?"

"A lot." Chanyeol freezes.

"Does that mean she told you about..."

"What?" He thinks his mother wouldn't go too far saying his engagement with Summer — or there's a possibility she could have too.

"Nothing, did she ask me to go home?" Kris nods, leaning his body to Chanyeol till he lays his head on his lap. The other boy jolts a little but lets the blond uses him as a pillow. He places one of his hands on top of his husband's head and the other on his chest.

"She did." Kris says blankly.

 

✿✿✿

 

The blond holds the hand on top of his chest and kisses softly, while staring at his worried wife. He reaches his hand to the side of Chanyeol’s face and thumb rubs his soft cheeks. The boy with raven hair closes his eyes as he feels the touch.

Chanyeol looks disturbed already, if Kris tells him that he knew his engagement to a nameless girl, this boy may have a worse expression. To eases the mood, the blond chuckles remembering the one of the events earlier. It is a comic relief for him so he hopes for Chanyeol too.

“Have you seen Shen Yeorum scared before?” Chanyeol furrows his brow, seems thinking any episode like that.

“I know she’s scared of ghost… Oops! I shouldn’t tell you that.” Kris laughs more audible this time.

“Well, it seems she seen one earlier — oh… not only her though.” He lifts himself from Chanyeol’s lap, still looking his anxious face. “The whole school was visited by death herself.”

“She looks strict and intimidating but there’s no need for you to compare her to the grim reaper.” Chanyeol mutters then gasps quietly when Kris presses his forehead to his.

“Intimidating? Uh… She needs to work harder next time if that’s what she’s really trying to do.” He says confidently with a shrug, opposite to his blushing wife. “It’s a big mistake that she reveals your price in this society. I’ve decided long ago not to let you go and she adds a reason of seriously never doing so.” He scoffs, pulling Chanyeol with him from the couch. Poor teen, he has no idea that the red tint on his cheeks is a go signal for Kris’ attack.

“They thought I would bring you back to them, hell yeah. Let me show you Chanyeol, how I own you.” Chanyeol wheezes to the fast motion as Kris puts him over his shoulder. “I’ll mark you mine.”

 

To be continued…

 

A/N:

I'm so sorry T_T. Are you still reading this? I've been in hiatus that I want to choke myself. This is the most difficult chapter of all because I don't know how to put each scenes. This is something you shouldn't be missed, especially what's coming up in chapter 21. Clue, there will be blood. Please comment below. See you next time.

Oh! Happy Birthday to Lee Eun Hyuk Jae Oppa btw! (sounds random :/)