Dangerous Summer

Not Everything is About Summer

When the bell rings, it signals the start of classes. The corridors is usually noisy at a time like this  due to the rushing students going to their respective classrooms. But today — or for the past few days, you could barely hear anything other than the school bell. The students still exist, yet they are almost like mourning in their silence.

 

However, regardless of this circumstance, there is one who could never keep quiet.

 

"I hate this!" In the middle of their fourth period this afternoon, All of her classmates look so alarmed, staring at her as she whines, in full volume.

Although their teacher is discussing a lesson on the board, her complaining mouth is still unstoppable. Maybe, it somehow relaxes the teacher because the dear air around the classroom is abundant, and it informs him that a loud, alive and kicking (Shen is literally doing it right now, kicking the space under her desk) student exist even new school rules are implemented.

 

After the First Lady's recent visit in the school, a lot has changed, especially the replacement of their principal. A strict-looking man took his place a week ago and he's no other than Mr. Kim, oh, he's now called Principal Kim. There's gazillion of Mr. Kims around the world but only one Mr. Kim is named in this story.

With his administration, the Four Seasons Academy turns into a military-like school, strictly enforcing self-discipline at all cost like proper wearing of uniform, maintaining soundless premises, stiff walking and other pain in the rules and regulations for youngsters. For a prestigious school full of spoiled brats, numbers of children complain to this reformation, however, their parents themselves accepted and signed the waiver the school has sent to them. The adults think it will be better this way for the reason that most of them will be the next CEO’s of their companies.

 

“Crap! I look so plain with this hair!” Kris cannot help to snort at the black-haired-girl next to him, who’s shamelessly looking at herself in the hand mirror — in the midst of the class. Dyeing one’s locks becomes prohibited in their school.

Shen, with a newly-straightened-shoulder-length-hair glares at Kris and elbows him. The principal is successful to change her look into a typical Korean girl but she’s the same stubborn and annoying witch to the student council’s president.

“Unfair! Why can you keep being blond?” The girl disgustingly splatters a little amount of saliva to his face as she talks but Kris manages to simply smirk. No matter how hard their whole class complies with the new system and listens to their Math teacher, Shen causes them to shake their heads in hopelessness. They cannot endure ignoring her loudness although they pretend so well.

Kris doesn’t want to receive glares from their classmates as well, so he responds with a soft tone to her. “This is my natural hair.”

“So unfair!” She folds her arms to her chest like a sulking kid. “Zombie class, awful appearance, lucky not to have Summer here, but Chanyeol is not here too. I should probably change school.”

“Ms. Shen Yeorum!” Their Math teacher’s voice echoes within the room. Kris has mistaken this adult’s feeling. Looking at their direction, the teacher’s eyes seem to pop out of his head.

Shen bangs both her palms on the desk and stands from her seat. She points at him, looks to forget the between her and their teacher.

“You heard me; I’m going to quit school!” She stomps her feet as she walks out of the room and everyone’s expression is uniformly shocked.

The teacher sighs, showing relief from her exit and resumes writing on the board.

“She can never do that because Park Chanyeol exists in this school.” One of their female classmates says and everyone around her nods in agreement — even Kris.

As the peaceful (dead in reality) lesson goes on, Kris sneaks his phone out of his pocket and texts a member of his council.

 

How are they doing?                    

They’re in the fifth venue for this photo shoot and my kokoro is breaking as this progresses, senpai.

 

Kris’ brow rises before he replies to his text buddy.

Yah.                    

I told you to observe, not act like you’re watching the wrongdoings of your boyfriend.                    

But, that’s happening now!

Kang Seulgi, don’t be delusional that Park Chanyeol is yours.                    

Aren’t you hurt too that instead of you pairing to Summer-senpai, it’s Chanyeol-senpai?

Yah! Let me remind you that you’re not a Japanese Anime Character here.                    

 

Kris asks himself if he made a good decision to send this girl, who openly expresses her fondness to his wife. Chanyeol is surely not going answer her feelings, especially he and Kris creeps out to her slightly-yandere character.

 

Answer me seriously.                    

What are Chanyeol and Summer doing right now?                    

Summer-Sunbae poses like she is kissing Chanyeol-Sunbae on his cheeks.

WHAT?                    

*Nods* *Nods*

 

Exhaling out his frustration, Kris loses his interest on their lesson, biting his lips in the process of typing his next message to his subordinate. Chanyeol and Summer are appointed as FSA’s visual and as of this moment doing a pictorial together to promote their school for next year’s opening. Kris wonders if that act the First Year Representative informed him is for real. Does being lovey-dovey have anything to do with their promotion?

 

This period is almost done. Are they about to go to their next venue?                    

The crew only begins here a few minutes ago.

We are at the main fountain, President.

Good.                    

Class is finished. I’ll be right there.                    

 

Kris goes out of his classroom hurriedly without minding to note down their homework for today. The blond knows that his classmates are considerate to his position in their school and it is okay for them that he’ll leave.

Reaching the spot, Kris sees his freshman subordinate hiding behind the bush. He and Chanyeol is correct — she’s creepy. She calls the attention of the President in panic, gulping on what she’s about to say.

“I heard this is the last place for the photo shoot but the pair is gone.” Rising from the bush, she bites her fingers, then shakes her hands anxiously and finally rests the one she did not bit to Kris’ arm. “I swear, President Wu, I did my best to keep my eyes on them for you.”

“I know you did, Ms. Kang.” Kris nods, unsure if he successfully hides his disappointment. “I can look for them from here. You can go back to our office.”

The girl with twin-braided hair and big-round glasses seem dismayed of her own self too, breathing out and nods. As she walks away, Kris scans the garden, meeting the middle-aged crew. The path on their left looks familiar to the blond so he heads to that direction and investigate.

It appears he chooses a lucky route. His eyes capture the two figures going farther and farther from the initial point. Seeing them hand in hand, Kris recalls the same situation that happens before. There is no doubt those two are Chanyeol and Summer and Kris, absolutely, does not want to see what he has seen there previously. He walks faster to meet the pace of the couple till he reaches the abandon building.

 

✿✿✿

 

Chanyeol’s feels a pang of hurt being in that place. It’s so memorable to him because that’s his and Min’s secret meeting spot where they used to do their romantic escapade. As Summer pulls him deeper inside the building, it gets more and more painful to his heart. They stop to the room where he and Min regularly kissed passionately. He thinks he is in the verge of shutting down.

It does not change a little. It’s dusty, old and lonely — but that cold place becomes warm due to the love building between him and his former boyfriend.

“Why did you bring me here?” Before Chanyeol looks back to the girl with him, Summer hinders his movement by embracing him behind. Summer is always clingy to him even when they are kids. He then realizes the similarity of Kris to her.

“There is something I want to tell you for a long time.” Her arms tightened around Chanyeol, telling the boy that this is a serious talk. “And, I’m so thankful in finding this place. Umm… did your parents tell you why we got engaged?” He wants to glance at the girl behind him but Summer holds — so firm that it hinders him to move. Giving up, he shakes his head, hearing the girl giggles. “It’s because of me. I told my parents that I wanted to marry you no matter what?”

“Why?” The boy turns his head to her, flabbergasted and in-time when Summer releases him from her arms. She is blushing and teary at the same time but cope giving a small smile to him.

“Because…” She chuckles. “I fell in love with you since the day I met you.”

“Huh?” Chanyeol thinks he is going crazy to what he is hearing, stepping once backwards. “That can’t be, I was…”

“Fat? If you loved someone you’d throw away their flaws. Honestly, it’s one of the things that I like about you. When we’re little, well, you’re shorter than me before, you look like a bear cub that is lost in the forest and a prey to other beast. That’s why I always want to protect you and it’s giving me so much joy when you rely on me, when you’re eyes on me.”

Chanyeol cannot believe to what she says. It’s like a dream. All this time, he thought Summer likes Kris, but it’s another way around. This is not an April fool’s joke and Summer is not someone who likes to jest.

“You and Kris just didn’t know. In our grade school, I always follow you whenever we gone to each of our home, after class or after our playtime. I found out who you really are — you’re a prince.” Chanyeol stays idle as he listens calmly and Summer takes that as a chance to hold his hand. “If I didn’t leave and told you about my feelings, I wonder if you’ll be distant to me like this. I’m holding you right now but I feel like you’re so far.” Chanyeol knows Summer is a girl who’s having a hard time giving expression other than smiling and this surprises him. She looks hurt while saying her words.

“I’m really sorry, Summer.” He says, his hand shaking.

“You’ve done nothing wrong, Chanyeol.” She says with a smile, and the boy sees her sincerity in her eyes. “I wanted this talk to be in fruition so we could clear things out and you’ll be comfortable with me again. To summarize, our parents did not force me to be your bride. This is what I’ve wanted and they grant it for me, because I love you.”

Chanyeol is stuck in the moment but he is aware of the movements of his surroundings. He gulps as the girl places her hand on his jaw.

“Chanyeol,” she whispers, leaning forward till her lips is an inch from his, “—will you let me?”

Since it’s hard for his body to response from shock, Summer is an opportunist, sealing the space between them by a kiss. She kisses him innocently, making Chanyeol believe that this girl feels pure love for him.

 

When Summer moves away, a glaring person reveals to be standing behind her at the door, his hands to his side. Chanyeol freezes, he can see Kris is ready to punch him while his fiancé follows the direction where he is staring at.

“Kreas —” POW! A loud hit of skin twirls Chanyeol’s world, his focus ending up locked on the drops of blood on the floor. He does not feel any pain, meaning that blood is not from him. He traces where it is coming from, seeing Summer on the ground, whose head bent down and covering the side of with her hand, the other hand supports her body in sitting up. He turns his eyes to the opposite side, finding Kris, who’s looking the girl as if cursing her. There are blood stains on his fist.

Summer removes the hand on her face, revealing the corner of her lips that suffered from the Kris’ blow and spits more blood on the floor. It’s unbelievable. Kris just knocked down a girl — not a mere girl, but Summer. Why would Kris choose to hit her rather than him?

 

Summer scoffs, that part of her lips and glances to the blond darkly.

The tallest teen moves closer to Chanyeol and puts him behind while holding his wrist tightly.

 

✿✿✿

 

“Mind to enlighten me what’s the punch for?” Summer says, suspended sitting on the floor.

“Isn’t it obvious?” Kris is so mad right now and yet, he attempts to stay cool with the situation. He bothers to switch from holding Chanyeol’s wrist to intertwining his hand to his wife’s.  “If you’re really smart enough, you should know what it is for.”

Summer is staring at their hands as he shamelessly shows it at his side to the girl. It takes a while before she returns her glance to him and smirks.

“Don’t tell me you and Chanyeol…” With raised brow, Kris nods. “Heh. If that is true, you should know your position here. You just hit his fiancé.”

“Oh, yes, fi-an-cé.” Kris proudly lifts his free hand in level of his neck, revealing that he’s wearing his and Chanyeol’s promise ring. “But before your reappearance, I own him. And, let me get something from you.”

He is not 100% sure of his conclusion but he ogles on the jewelry dangling to Summer’s neck, hiding the end underneath her uniform. He harshly and swiftly snatches it from her, breaking the necklace. He opens his hand and reunites with the ring he gave to Chanyeol.

“See.” He brags it to Summer’s face, showing his ring and that one are identical.

“I knew it wasn’t lost! Someone took it from me but… I never thought it was you.” The boy behind him sounds like he is betrayed, and Kris cannot have this more drama so he plans to finish this soon.

“My, my, my, are you this desperate to get his attention?” Kris says mockingly, receiving a hint of glare from Summer’s eyes. “Too bad, what you did only pushes him away. Well, Summer, don’t be full of yourself, since the day you’ve been gone, we belong to each other.”

Kris is about to drag Chanyeol out of that room but he hears the girl’s last words.

“We’re not done yet, Kris. I’ll guarantee that I’m going to do everything to get Chanyeol from you.”

“Oh, I can’t wait.” He responds sarcastically, before he leaves completely with his wife.

 

✿✿✿

 

“Krease." He calls his name like pleading. “Let me explain.”

Walking the field which heads to the main building in a rush manner, Chanyeol calls his husband with huffs of breath. He called him several times earlier but Kris’ back sticks facing him. They always get into this episode and the first time this happen, Chanyeol’s brain shut down.

“Don’t you dare shut your brain down on me, Chanyeol.” Kris warns. He swallows and tries to catch up to his husband speed.

“But you’re dragging me.” The blond stops all of sudden and so does he.

Kris looks at him over his shoulder and sighs. “Unless you want to make a scene here.” He instinctually answers with a shake of head, getting them to the same pace like earlier.

They spend their travel with silence and it effortlessly kills Chanyeol. He calls his husband’s name again since the dead air bugs him. The next moment, he is ready to give up calling him but Kris speaks at last.

"There’s no need for you to explain because I knew the engagement. It’s just that I didn't expect that your fiancé is Summer.” Chanyeol is taken aback.

He wants to reply but his mouth becomes dry and obstructing his capability to say a word. When he’s ready to speak again, he says, “I’m sorry.” His voice croaks.

“You keep saying sorry to anybody and I hate it.” Kris hisses.

“If you hate me, you should have pounded me rather than Summer, who’s both your friend and a girl.” Pausing, Kris looks at him questioningly. He needs to say more because — he doesn’t want him to speak — because the taller boy may tell him something that will excruciate him. “And, I thought you like her more than me.”

“What gives you that idea?” Kris scoffs and Chanyeol feels worse.

“You yourself reject the concept (of liking me) that’s why I think that way.” Kris gathers him to his arm, forcing Chanyeol to bury his head on his shoulder. He feels Kris blazer is getting wet that’s the only moment he realizes he is crying.

“I get it, Chanyeol, I’m at fault too.” He receives a pat on his head before Kris lifts his face from his shoulder. “If you just know how much I…” Kris looks at him so dearly, moving closer to him like Chanyeol is about to receive a kiss if… “Aish, let’s clean you first.”

Kris grips his hand and pulls him forward the way.

 

 

 

Chanyeol is not aware that there is a spacious lavatory inside the student council’s office. Kris gives him a beauty soap to wash his lips, a toothpaste (like the one you can consume for a month), toothbrush, a mouthwash (in big size as well) and a dental floss (is that necessary?). He does not know his husband has those kinds of things in here.

“Clean your mouth thoroughly.” Kris firmly instructs. Chanyeol looks at himself in the mirror and sees his own face complaining while brushing his teeth. When he spews the toothpaste foam, he hears him speak again. “Do more of that and then gurgle the mouthwash. You should do the whole process like 30 minutes.”

Chanyeol glares at the reflection of his husband, who’s resting his back on the other side of the wall and only a chip of his body is what he can see. He taps the toothbrush angrily on the sink seeing Kris turns his head to his direction.

“You’re too much!” His words muffle due to the remaining foam in his mouth.

“You let that girl kissed you anyway.” Chanyeol frustratingly breathes out from his nose and continues scrubbing his teeth.

The mere sound that can be heard between them is his brushing. He thinks what will be the reason for Kris to attack Summer like a bull targeting a red cloth. He cannot help laughing when he remembers it, sighting the blond is checking on him. And later on, he starts sobbing once more, because the event earlier could have gone wrong and Kris would let go of him. He cannot imagine a life now without Kris.

“Honey.” It also slips his consciousness that the other teen is already behind him, heh, hugging him.

Chanyeol shakes his head and attempts to push him away but the boy stubbornly keeps him in his arms. Tears fall more from his eyes.

“Look here.” Even though Chanyeol doesn’t want to face him (like he has a choice), he glances up to his husband, a little fidgeting as their eyes meet. Kris gently cups his face and his expression is softer this time. “Open your mouth.” Chanyeol does so and the other male takes the toothbrush from him. “Tongue out.” Kris begins cleaning his mouth for him. Uhh… he expects too much. But… “I should have said this earlier but I couldn’t find a proper moment and that my rival said it before me. Chanyeol, since the day Summer left, she’s not the one occupying my mind and heart, she might be my first love, but I didn’t feel so much pain in my chest like what I’m feeling because of you.”

“Because of me?” He says although his words are almost incomprehensible. “What did I do?”

“Ssh… spit first.”  Blinking, he still obeys and bends to the sink. When he is back, facing the taller teen, Kris draws closer to his ear. “I never felt so much love for her unlike with you. I love you, Chanyeol.” Did Chanyeol hear it right? Kris must have notice his reaction so he nods. “Yes, I do.”

Chanyeol drowns to tears again and Kris tries to calm him down, saying, “Hey, stop crying and let’s finish this. There’s still mouth-washing and flossing will do later. You think you’re the one suffering here, NO, it’s me. I want to kiss you so bad!”

 

To be continued…

 

A/N:

Happy 4th Anniversary Fellow EXO-L! Am I too late? OMG T_T Other than celebrating their debut month, congratulations to EXO for winning in the recent Chinese Awards. I wish them all the best! Sehun's Birthday is almost near and I hope can post in timing to his birthday but... T_T

What can you say about this chapter btw? Personally, I like Kris confrontation to Summer, also, some things are finally revealed. Please comment down below~! See ya next time.