Yeorum’s (Summer) Extortionist is Back

Not Everything is About Summer

Chanyeol looks around and everyone seems to be mind-blown by what he and his husband executed. The youngest in the room cannot turn his head everywhere but to the floor after becoming aware of his surroundings. Kris tightly grips his wrist, comforting him, so he glances up at him and exchanges a warm but anxious smile.

“It’s refreshing to see you here, Mr. Wu.” His mother distracts them once more, and his lover, simply smirks at her while putting his arm around his shoulder.

“Oh, I’m sorry if your son-in-law was unable to give you a heads up, Mother.” He may have said it politely, but there’s a sarcasm tone at the tip of it. “I can’t wait to see the person I treasure so much that’s why I came here right away. All thanks to my company next to me that I got this chance.”

She slowly nods, taking her glasses off. There seems to have no problem with her eyes, opposite to what Chanyeol assumes.

His mother chuckles and shakes her head. “Your timing. Seriously, Mr. Wu. Sec. Won.”

While gazing a the blond with her hawk looking eyes, she starts giving instruction to the Chamberlain and the other servants. Once she’s done giving them tasks, she fully gives her attention to the couple again.

“Miss Shen Yeorum, I would love to hear from you the answers to all my questions. But I think our young master, Kris  Wu, can do the talking. Your Highness,” She says politely. “I’ll be asking a little of your companion’s time if you don’t mind me.”

 

Chanyeol rejuvenates seeing his husband again, but it is halted the instance his mother takes him away somewhere. Yet, he somewhat knows his mother won’t be trying to separate them at this time. While filled with thoughts of what those two are talking about, the prince is watching his servants pack his things from the drawers of his room.

“Please pack only the most important stuff.” The man who just entered adds a special request. The ladies nod but gasp when they look at that person, and that’s when Chanyeol shifts his focus.

 

✿✿✿

“Kris.” Chanyeol smiles warmly at the older when he takes notice of his entrance. He looks better than his appearance earlier, must be the work of those three female servants with them.

His wife quickly approaches him and reaches for his hands to hold, the same time he looks around the room.

“This certain area is kind of the same with your room at the Shens’.” Chanyeol gets more joyful with what he says, giggling.

“It is!” He excitedly acknowledges, tightening his hold to him. “To tell you frankly, wherever I go, my servants make the rooms I’m staying at exactly identical on purpose. My mom instructed them to do such stuff so that I would get comfortable easily.”

“She’s really caring, isn’t she?” Kris mumbles still looking at the details of Chanyeol’s room.  And, his wife doesn't seem to hear that as he asks to repeat his words. “Nothing,” he says chuckling and the younger boy pouts.

“But wait, did you just say that you’ve been in my room at the Shens’?” The blond confirms it with a nod this time. “Ho-how?”

“It’s really a long story.”

 

Kris’ Family open-handedly helped him with his issues in Korea. It became too easy to work it out because Chanyeol’s parents were unable to return his party’s counter to them. They had a back-to-back crisis that they need to face after the incident in the Crown Prince’s Birthday that was why.

 

As soon as Kris’ restraint was void, he returned to Seoul. He was furious knowing his wife was in danger due to their antagonistic senior named Jung Yonghwa. He wanted to kill that guy with his own hands, but that would not do any better to their situation. He instead put his main plan to action.

Going back to his own place was probably not a good choice, because the Presidential Guards might be there. His other option for his discrete comeback was informing his newly obtained slave, named Seungwan, so she could prepare a lodging for him, but she was unreachable. And for sure, she was busy since he assigned her to take care of his wife while he was away.

After informing one of his family members his plan of getting his wife from Korea, this person made a hotel reservation for him. It was one less problem but there were more, particularly how he’s going to take his fully guarded wife away. While pondering about it, he was strolling around the gate of Gyeongbok Palace, where Chanyeol had stayed. He always wore a baseball cap and thick-framed spectacles for hiding his identity.

But even he took safety measures, someone could still recognize him. It was Shen Yeorum, his favorite person, ahem... sarcastically. He could not forget the betrayal she did and he swore he would throw her to the sky and she would be a star.

Surprisingly, the girl automatically kneeled down as if he was a God, apologizing repeatedly for her wrong. Kris did not want to trust and forgive her yet — but she was able to take him home without him realizing. That incident was very strange, and no one actually welcomed him there, but Chanyeol’s dragon-like friend threatened her own brothers if they touched him. He stayed with Shen’s family while he was waiting for an opportunity to see his wife again.

 

When problems around the crown prince were getting worse, and people of Korea were turning against him, his family, and the government, the Royal House moved to a safer place. No one from outside knew where they relocated except Shen.

Good thing Shen was so helpful and obedient with all his requests, the reason he successfully got to this point.

 

Kris only tells the whole situation in summary to his wife because they do not have much time left. He lies on the bed with him, looking at the ceiling, and holding each other’s hands.

 

“Did Shen train under James Bond’s supervision?” Kris asks. “She knew a lot of things and a lot of secret passageways anywhere. For sure, she’ll be successful in undercover jobs.”

“I’m amazed by her too. Maybe that’s the reason she’s assigned to take care of me.” Kris and Chanyeol then look at each other. They are both still in bliss by simply resting side by side.

The blond reaches his hand to the younger’s face, and cannot believe that he is touching the supple skin of his beloved.

“If God can give us a moment to be here for a while, I will be so grateful.” Chanyeol likes what Kris said with his expression, intertwining with the hand that is touching him.

“I know. I miss you so much.”

They mutually know what comes next, with all of these overwhelming feelings they have for each other. Their faces are too close now, but too bad the current threatening situation and their romance do not fit well together.

 

The knock on the door wipes out the amorous air between them and it immediately puts them apart. Kris gets up to check it, while Chanyeol sits up waiting for his husband to open the door. Shen and Seungwan are there, standing by the doorway.

“Oh, I thought I would see some make out in here. I’m so excited about nothing.” Shen can just roll her eyes to their juniors statement, the two of them coming in. Kris knows she is trying to control herself not hurting the fujoshi speaker next to her.

She sighs as she puts her hands in her jeans’ pockets. “Seems like you’re all set.” The blond looks at himself and his wife and they seem well clothed with their coats, so he nods at her. “Did you tell his Highness where to go?”

“Actually, I’m about to,” Kris says. “But, how’s it going outside?”

“The bombings were done by the rebels and fortunately, there is no casualty reported,” Shen informs.

“The authorities are cautiously clearing the scenes because there might be another attack coming,” Seungwan adds, clasping her shaky hands. “We’re advised to leave this place as soon as possible.”

Kris and Chanyeol agree with them.

 

✿✿✿

 

“I have His Highness’ passport here as you requested, president.” Seungwan taps on the mailbag she’s carrying. Chanyeol quickly gets excited, thinking he may go to New York with his husband.

“Thanks, Seungwan,” Kris acknowledges. “Chanyeol, you’re not safe to stay here so I have to sneak you out of this country.”

The crown prince is right and this is what he truly wishes to happen. He knows it is selfish of him. He has a huge responsibility now to his country and his family, but he is only sixteen years old. He is glad but guilt lingers inside him.

Kris rubs his back solemnly like he knows what he is thinking.

“Don’t worry, we’ll be back here as soon as everything’s alright.” His husband assures him.

“When the bombing occurred, the Prime Minister immediately ordered to take His Highness and his mother out of here because the rebels might attack this palace next,” Shen says. “He assigned a specialized team and they arrived just now. I know all of this because Dad is part of the rescue. I told him that I would help them and tagged President Wu along with me.”

 

“Why you’re suddenly saying all of this? Did someone ask you to talk?” Chanyeol knows he sounds so mean but he wants Shen to know her place.

He can see that his questions hurt Shen so bad and he makes her look embarrassed. Kris is surprised and Wendy lowers her head.

 

And, he is not done yet.

 

“Honey, if we’re going away from here, are we going to bring someone?” Chanyeol asks with an eyebrow raised and staring at the older girl.

“Shen suggests bringing your three lady servants and—”

“Does she want to come along too?” Chanyeol’s eyes sharpen at his old friend and Kris does not seem to like the atmosphere, but he replies anyway.

“Why don’t you ask her directly?” Kris bluntly says, making his wife looks at him with his sharp eyes. “She’s in front of you.”

Chanyeol breaths deeply as he shifts his focus back to the nervous girl. He is the only person that can make her like that.

“Do you want to go with us?” He finally asks.

“I do!” Shen’s tone goes high like it’s begging. She gasps, noticing it but she continues speaking, and now in a soft yet stuttering voice. “I... I-I want to redeem myself to you. I want to prove my loyalty once again so please give me this chance, Your Highness.”

“What about you, Wendy? Do you want to go too?” Shen looks so down when Chanyeol asks the younger girl.

Wendy bows courteously. “Certainly, Your Highness. I’ll be useful to you during your travel, especially that I can speak English fluently.” And then, she looks at the person next to her with a sympathetic smile. “But, I think Miss Shen Yeorum needs to be with you more than I do. Please fix your relationship and be friends with her again.”

 

Everyone is amazed by her response that Kris cannot help but to clap.

“You change so much in a short time, Son Seungwan. What a great character development you got there.”  The younger girl gratefully bows to the blond’s comment.

 

She used to be a snoopy and annoying reporter at school, but now she’s more of like an adult now as she talks intelligently. Chanyeol knows that she becomes like that because of him.

 

“This wouldn’t be possible if I didn’t catch your wonderful moment with His Highness.” Wendy may have remembered that memory since she is blushing. “Rather than punishment, you gave me a valuable reward.”

Kris agrees with a nod. “You seem to enjoy spending most of your time with my wife. He obtained a reliable companion like you.”

“But, I honestly don’t want to replace Miss Shen.” Chanyeol chuckles at her statement.

“But, you already did.” Shen quickly saddens by his words, but he gets rid of that when he approaches and gives her a hug. “I’m just kidding. I knew you’re only thinking what’s good for me. But, Kris is one of the best people that I have encountered, including you, and Wendy.” Their junior points at herself in disbelief and Chanyeol is sure that she’s included. “I’m sorry if I’ve been so harsh to you.”

Shen trembles while shaking her head. “You don’t need to say sorry. I deserve all your resentment, Your Highness.”

They look at each other with warm smiles and hug each other tightly.

“God I miss you, Shen. I’ve forgiven since the time you beat Min in front of the camera.” Her eyes widen, letting a tear falls from it, and she begins sniveling.

“You miss me?” Chanyeol nods happily and that causes her to sob. “I thought you will ignore me forever. But, I’m fine with it. As long as you’ll let me stay next to you.”

“No, I’m not that cruel, Shen.” The prince says and the older girl agrees with him.

 

✿✿✿

 

Wendy is getting affected by their emotional reunion, wiping the corner of her eyes. She takes to notice a huge form is shadowing her so she glances up at the approaching man.

 

“I know. You’re a beautiful angel—” An immediate clearing of throat interrupts Shen which is made by Kris and this cause them to separate.

“I’m personally joyous that your friendship has been restored and I’m looking forward to seeing some action from Yeorum’s extortionists again, but we really have to leave this place.” Wendy tries to say politely while she’s passing a pouch that has all of Chanyeol’s documents in it to his husband.

“I don’t mind you joining our journey but please refrain from making skinship with my wife.” There is another knock from the door, leaving Shen speechless.

 

✿✿✿

 

Everyone is watchful on their way outside as they walk the underground passage discreetly. Chanyeol is held and led by his husband, and while looking at the taller figure in front of him, he is worried for the outcome of this flee.

 

The Crown Prince turns his head around him, seeing that he is not the only one feeling anxious right now — except for his mother. Although it is unusual to see her with a plain shirt, hoodie, and pants, she still wears a poker face on.

 

“We split from here.” The chamberlain softly says as they reach the two-way path — wider than the trail they came from.

There are black executive cars waiting for them on both sides. The servants and guards divided into two and most of them will go with his mother.

“You return as soon as you can.” The First Lady says to the Chamberlain and he nods. They then look at the prince who feels awkward meeting their eyes.

Chanyeol still feels bad saying rude words towards his mother — although it is her habit to criticize every single detail of him. Kris nudges him so he gives his attention.

“Tell something even just a little to your mom.” His husband encourages. “It may take a while before you see her again.”

He feels lucky to have the blond next to him, so he does what he advises, moving forward to his mother.

 

He feels uncomfortable when he opens his arms and embraces her. The First Lady must have been surprised with his action because she does not react to it, or she simply acts tough as usual.

He leans closer to his mother’s ears and says, “I love you, Mom.”

 

Unexpectedly his mother answers his hug, patting his back, and his words, saying, “I love you too, son.”

Chanyeol cannot help but look at her with widened eyes. His mother nods, confirming that he heard it right.

“Don’t cause too much trouble, okay?” Chanyeol sniffs while trying not to cry and he nods happily. It must be the best words he has ever heard. Sadly, he needs to be apart with his mother.

Wendy is left behind and she will be accompanying the First Lady while Chanyeol is not around. There may have no exchange of words between Kris and his in-law, but they seem to have an agreement with their eyes signals.

 

Chanyeol finally departs from his mother and their servants when they get inside their respective vehicles. In this journey, he will be along with Kris, Shen, his chamberlain, and his three lady servants.

 

He, Kris and Shen are riding separate cars from Secretary Won and the rests. During the travel, the young couple cannot control their desires to ravish each other so they do so while no one is around except Chanyeol’s best friend. The only girl in the car tries not to be bothered by their make-out session — but sitting next to them and her face getting hit by their flailing hands and limbs, her temper will not last long.

 

“GET A ROOM! GEEZ!”

 

✿✿✿

 

Chanyeol’s party reaches the airport and there waiting, a private plane provided by Kris’ family. They discreetly board the plane with the help of the government.

 

The prince feels uneasy for the whole travel, contemplating about the condition of his family he has left behind. His husband is worried that his disorder will return so he asks Shen to have him take sleeping pills.

 

They land to New York peacefully, welcome by Wu’s car that will transport them to the family’s manor.

 

 

The order seems so smooth and it is too good to be true. However, something went wrong when they were inside the airport.

 

✿✿✿

 

Earlier...

 

“Your Mom asked me to give you this.” Shen secretly passed a tablet to Chanyeol while Kris and the chamberlain had their own businesses on their phones. “Password: 8514.”

Chanyeol used the given access to him and quickly seeing a pdf file that contained something like Kris’ background.

“It looks like your Mom has been gathering thorough information of everyone that you've encountered. It’s not impossible that she knows your previous relationship.” She whispered.

“Because you might have told her what’s going on about me and Min.” Shen backed away looking so offended.

“You still doubt my loyalty, don’t you?” Shen still continued speaking in a lower volume. “Your Highness, I don’t need to spill everything to her because she’s always watching you. She knows how much I devote myself you that’s why she doesn't trust me at all.”

Chanyeol wanted to convince himself that Shen was saying the truth.  His friend sighed while looking at the space in front of them, and he felt a little guilty about it.

 

“You may read it in your free time.” She said, ending their conversation.

 

All of a sudden the area was filled with people, most are young girls. The crowd was screaming and it was getting chaotic having them around. Instinctually, Shen stands covering Chanyeol, and Kris and the Chamberlain went near them.

“What’s going on?” Kris wondered, grabbing Chanyeol’s hand and had him stood behind him.

“It seems like a celebrity is passing through.” Sec. Won guesses. The group stared the mass of people and it did not seem like they were only following one person.

“Oh my God! I forgot that EXO is coming here today!” Chanyeol’s ears almost bled with Shen’s squealing voice next to him.

“Wow, they are even popular here?” Kris says in amusement.

“Of course!” Shen said proudly. “They continue rising even there are traitors like Wu Yi Fan who left their group.” The blond somehow felt offended by her statement. Shen came forward and said, “This is a rare moment to see them up-close, so will it be okay if I follow them a little?”

The three exchange looks and they were all bewildered of her. She took their silence as a yes so she swiftly chased the departing artists.

“Ooh, I have to go! I’ll be right back, promise!” She excitedly said and left her dumbfounded company.

The number of people grew bigger as soon as she is gone and it was the same moment Chanyeol’s female servants returned with shopping bags. Kris and Sec. Won decided to go to a less crowded place while waiting for Shen, and Chanyeol was accompanied by his servants to their airport’s toilet.

 

They were unaware that it was the last time they would see Shen Yeorum

 

 

 

...for a while.

 

To be continued…