Yeorum (Summer)’s Gift

Not Everything is About Summer

Chanyeol slowly twists the handle and pushes the door open.  He does not need to look somewhere else because Jung Yonghwa, who is smirking, is there sitting exactly across the door. He breathes deeply as he closes the door behind him, not removing his eyes to his senior.

It is not even a minute when he entered there but the tension is starting to flare. Standing from his seat, Yonghwa spills the water from the glasses he’s holding to Chanyeol’s face, laughing antagonistically after it successfully hits the younger.

 

He quickly walks and bends forward, trying to give a closer look to his mischief, with a wide grin on his lips.

 

“Oy, the prince mad?” He asks mockingly. “You shouldn't be. I’m just returning the water, your friend— Summer threw at me.”

 

He may have added more sparks to Chanyeol’s anger which for sure, he really means it — but the Crown Prince tries not to be affected by it.

 

Never lose your cool. He keeps on repeating the chief’s advice to him earlier in his mind. In the meantime, he's giving himself time to think of what to counter this guy. He must find a way to beat him without any physical contact. Yonghwa’s insulting laugh is getting to his nerve so he needs to move soon.

 

Chanyeol, who has his fringe covers his eyes, sighs before he starts replying. “There’s nothing to be mad about.”

 

Slowly he brushes his hair up, revealing his smoky eyes, making a sensual scene and looks like it surprises the older which the prince is expecting. And, he is not done yet.

 

He smirks, showing his dimpled cheeks and says, “If you want me wet, just say so. I’ll make myself moist for you.”

He is aware it does not sound right, but he has done it on purpose to see Yonghwa’s scowling face. He loves looking at how bewildered he is.

“Say...” Chanyeol wipes his jaw with the back of his hand while his own lips languidly. “Is that how much you hate me? You’ve been planning to kill me?”

 

Yonghwa snaps from puzzlement and gets back with his menacing expression.

“Yes! I hate your existence — I hate your existence from the start!” Chanyeol does not know why this guy has this much hatred towards him and he is reciprocating the same serious reaction to him.

 

“Why?” The tension comes back along an undesirable sensation. The water that is splashed to him feels hot to the prince’s body, so he s the first two buttons of his shirt. He spreads it open, slightly exposing his glistening chest. The cold air that touches his skin somehow makes him feel refreshed. Since the short discomfort is gone, Chanyeol resumes asking. “What makes you say that?”

“Because, how can a fat kid like you has been showered with all the luck in the world?” Lucky? Chanyeol wants to strangle Yonghwa now with the crap he is saying. This guy truly does not know him well so he keeps on barking as much as he wants. But, the young prince does not want to lose his cool because the older will be happy for sure.

“Fat?” Chanyeol pokes at his exposed and toned chest, loving the widened eyes of the other. “Where?” Yonghwa may have kept his irritated face, but his gulp is a giveaway that the younger has effectively taken control of the situation. Honestly, he is more terrified if this guy will be attracted to him than getting irritated with him.

Chanyeol sighs, folding his arms to his chest and looks at him straightly.  It’s time to put the kidding aside, that’s what he has in mind.

“Do you think that’s enough reason to kill me?” His eyes sharpen, remembering that his father is still unconscious in the Blue House. And, the reason why he is in that position is in front of him. “Are you really that immature that you can’t get over the past?”

“You don’t know much about me, my dear prince.” Chanyeol scoffs, wanting to return that statement right now. But, the other guy is not done. “You don’t know what’s happening to me that have been your fault.”

“My fault?”

Yes, your fault! Your freaking family’s fault! You mother planted fake evidence that caused my family’s wealth to fall!” He angrily says, pointing his finger to Chanyeol firmly. “Since then, it has been hard for us to survive a day. Everyone’s avoiding to look at us and afraid to lend us their hands because they might be the next target of the government. I did not know at first that you belong to such noble blood. And, when I discovered it, I spread your identity online. Getting to the lowest part of society was somewhat beneficial to me. I had to go there to get my revenge on you. At least, one of your family members is currently in grave danger the way I want it.”

What did you say?” The prince cannot take what Yonghwa is saying anymore, snapping with a hysterical voice. The chief strictly told him earlier to not lose his cool for this older guy — and he just did.

He can see that the table has turned with his senior’s dangerous look. And, he cannot escape it anymore since Yonghwa hits the most sensitive topic for him — his family. Right now, getting bullied seems much better than seeing his loved ones getting hurt because of him. It feels heavier than what he has been experiencing since his early age.

 

Although he grew up controlled by his mother and his father did not do anything to stop her, this undesirable parenting would not budge his love for them. He has been trying to understand their decisions for him — even they may not reciprocate his feelings. He knows that he messed up big time right now but he is ready to stand straight with pride for the most important people in his life.

 

Raising an eyebrow with that continuous smirk on his lips, the bully stared at the younger like he was about to eat him alive. They give each other electrifying glares before they begin clashing words.

You pathetic piece of scum!” Chanyeol spits his hatred first. “Don’t involve my family in this! They have nothing to do with your despise on me!

The older boy laughs at him insultingly and Chanyeol only needs three counts before he blows up that irritating face. However, It is out of his expectation what just happens next.

 

The bully senior dares to draw himself closer to the prince, sticking with his ridiculous evil expression, blocking his hand to the younger’s left path. He chuckles and his warm breath brushing to Chanyeol’s ear. The younger boy feels uncomfortable with their distance but he can still look at him straight in the eyes.

“I can stay away from them as you wish.” He says, biting his lower lips, wiggling one of his brows. Chanyeol gasps with his sudden hold on his chin, which he tilts up. “But… in one condition.”

What does this stupid jerk want from him this time? He is nervous right now but he does not want to show it to his enemy so he keeps his stare strong.

“Give up your political position and be my bottom ,” Yonghwa says in a erted tone, along with a long on the prince’s cheek. Automatically disgusted, Chanyeol wants to get away from the older but this person had both of his arms barricade his way. “What’s the matter? Didn’t you seduce me earlier so I’ll be nicer to you? Looking at you closely, you’re very attractive, Your Highness.”

“Shut up!” Chanyeol pushes the older boy’s face away — and this seems to put him in a more dangerous situation.

 

The offender’s face is more terrifying than before and he breaks Chanyeol’s shirt open, buttons from it fall down to the floor. He quickly touches the younger’s completely exposed chest that caused goosebumps to the prince.

 

An alarm tone is ringing in Chanyeol’s ears. He wants to kick the other man to his gut and flee, but Yonghwa is skillful enough to tangle his legs with his.

“Don’t try doing anything because you’ll just fail with my mix martial arts counter.” He then pins the prince’s wrists while trying to draw his lips to Chanyeol’s for a kiss.

 

Until the authorities finally get inside the room to save His Highness.

 

They point their guns to Yonghwa’s head, causing him to let go of the other teen and have his hand handcuffed behind him. This man, who has a mind of a criminal, has almost taken advantage of him. That’s why Chanyeol’s heartbeat is not slowing down. They had one last look at each other before the team takes his senior away while he is surrounded by his huge bodyguards to protect him from any unnecessary situation.

 

The senior scoffs and looks at everyone with his judging eyes. He seeks to have a glimpse of the prince but Chanyeol’s guards hide him well behind them. He is moving stubbornly that’s why the men holding him are more forceful to keep him stay put. He just laughs at them like he is going insane. 

If this person stays in the same room with the younger, he will be in danger. It seems like his men are aware of it too so they do not waste time anymore and take Yonghwa out of there.

“Don’t worry, babe. I’ll do you real good next time.” The senior loudly and audaciously says before he is completely gone.

 

✿✿✿

 

Chanyeol is taken aback when a newspaper landed loudly on to the coffee table in front of him, while he is sitting on the couch. The headline is too much for his morning and Yonghwa’s annoying proud face is just below it. Looks dreadful indeed but there is more unpleasant than that when he glances up to his mother— the one who hit that reading material just now.

 

The Prince takes it all.” She looks calm but she seems to be breathing fire as she reads what the huge words the newspaper stating. “His Highness Plotted the President’s assassination said by his male lover.”  Her poisonous looking eyes direct to her son and strike him as if Medusa comes to life in her. “Do you see what you did, my child?”

 

 

 

Only a week had passed from that meeting but numerous articles were born due to that. The perfidious senior was claiming that he and Chanyeol were in a romantic relationship, and shot the King on purpose— because the Prince requested him to do so. Yonghwa told the reporters that he did not ask his junior why anymore since he loved him so much.

 

If you love someone, you’ll do everything for him.” That statement was translated in multiple languages and spread all over the World Wide Web and other media — like it was an abominable virus.

 

Millions of speculation came out against Chanyeol. None of those were worthy to mention since the public was blind and gave ignorant criticisms to him. He is not the only one involved, his mother too. People were even saying that she was the mastermind. She did not have any feelings for her husband that’s why she was trying to get rid of him.

To be honest, Chanyeol did not know all this rubbish at first, but he sensed that there was something wrong going on because of that confrontation.  What worse was he, his mother, and their selected servants were forced to flee from their palace and stayed at the farthest and most remote one at the west, the Gyeonghuigung, due to some threats. There was an underground route going there which they used for their discreet escape.

The mother and the son were not allowed to see or know any news from the outside but it did not last long.

Wendy looked so suspicious during these days. She had secret phone calls from outside and Chanyeol sometimes saw her with the Chamberlain. They both looked so serious and would have a private conversation somewhere.

The prince was aware they would not let him know what they were discussing so he made his own way to access it.

While his Mom was terrorizing the entire secluded palace, he sulked in his room, not talking to Wendy or anyone for two days. The girl could not bear his cold shoulder he’s giving, and she felt her loyalty was questioned, so she spilled what she shouldn't have. Chanyeol was able to learn this huge issue and this day came — his mother finally knew it as well.

 

 

 

“Mama, it-it’s... it’s not true!”

“I know it’s not.” Representative Yi quickly replies back with a stern tone. “But, this wouldn't happen if you didn't do such cheap skit.” Chanyeol understands that anyone who witnessed the incident within the interrogation room would think he was seducing Yonghwa. He watched it himself right after they met and he seriously did not intend that to happen.

His mother starts shooting words like arrows to him, which makes him feel that he’s getting little and little from his seat. There are guards surrounding them and they don’t help him getting less embarrassed by what his mother is saying about him. The harsh treatment he’s receiving from his mother will not change even he’s a prince now.

 

After drowning to her psychological attack, one of the men clears his throat and politely announces an incoming video call through the widescreen in front of them. A government emblem shows on it and his mother swiftly sits next to him.

“Sit up straight, Your Highness.” She commands that he unwillingly obeys.

“Good morning.” The Prime Minister appears on the screen with a warm smile and the mother and son bow in sync to greet him as well. “How are you doing?”

“I’m honestly frustrated that we’re both stuck in here.” His mother politely says with her expressionless face. Chanyeol expects she will say that because his feeling is mutual. It is very toxic just having her beside him.

The Prime Minister nods. “How about you, Your Highness?”

“I second on it.” He bluntly says. “And, you, sir? May I also know how my father is doing?”

“It’s absolutely tough here outside but everyone in the government is doing their best to give me a hand.” The Prime Minister said. “Mr. President remains unconscious but his vitals are stable and fine. We’re making sure that he’s always fully secured in the National Hospital.”

Chanyeol feels so relieved to hear something about his father. He is a very important man not just to him but for the whole country. He takes a glimpse to his mother and although she’s showing no emotion, he knows she’s glad to hear that too.

“Don’t worry, you two. We’re doing everything we can and exploring different possibilities to fix all of what’s needed.”

“We appreciate your aid, Sir.” Chanyeol’s mother bowed in her gratefulness.

“It’s a pleasure, Madam. I hope you both have a good day ahead.” The conversation ends but the two of them remain sitting there in silence, and it only breaks when his mother sighs.

 

“You no longer have business here so you better go to your room.” Chanyeol looks at her with a serious face before shifting his focus and stands.

 

You should have let Yonghwa-Sunbae stayed in my school and bullied me all-year-round. You shouldn't have framed his family with nonsense.” He feels the heavy look of his mother behind him and he does not bother to make another eye-contact with her. “Dad shouldn't have been shot. And, we shouldn't be stranded here together.

 

“What are you blabbering about?”

 

“Simple.” Chanyeol finally looks back. “You hate me, right? You don’t even care if you crush my core repeatedly. You always do nothing but to hurt my feelings. If you hate the fact that you bore a child, which turned out to be me, you should have aborted me when you had a chance or did not let yourself get pregnant.

His mother is about slap his face after he said all of that but the guards respond quickly and save him in time. One of them holds the representative’s hand, while the rest covers the prince for any possible harm from her. She’s gritting her teeth as she tries to set herself free, looking at her son angrily.

 

Let her.” Chanyeol says, staring at his mother with his wide brave eyes.

 

“No one has the right to hurt you, Your Highness.” One of them says.

 

“But, that woman is the reason why I am crowned.” Chanyeol retorts. “Let her hurt her creation since that’s what she’s best at.”

 

“Let me go.” She says firmly but the guards do not budge at their positions. “I said—let me go!

At that same moment, the Chamberlain and Wendy enter the room. They must have heard the commotion from there, seeing the girl’s confused and worried expression.

“What’s going on here?” The Chamberlain’s voice bounces clearly in that room, meaning he’s the only one who is making a sound. The mother and the son continue staring at each other.

 

Chanyeol stands with composure, opposite to his mother whose body is shaking and breathing heavily. Her eyes are getting shiny as well, which obviously will end with one thing. Before her a tear fall from the corner of her eye, she growls, exerting her maximum force to get away from the grip of the man who’s holding her. She walks out of the room immediately as soon as she gets free.

 

Chanyeol feels somewhat guilty for his mom’s action, looking down with deep thought. Due to it, he is unable to notice that the Chamberlain is no longer in the room and must have followed his mother. He becomes aware of it when Wendy, who’s smiling sadly, rests her hand on his shoulder.

“Let’s go to your room, Your Highness.” Chanyeol knows she is trying to comfort him and he does not want to waste her effort so he agrees.

 

As they are getting near to his bedroom, Chanyeol politely asks her to leave him alone. He sees her hesitant face but she respectfully obliges to his request. Once he gets inside his room, Chanyeol plunges to his bed with his tearful eyes, facing the dark ceiling. He finally lets his weighty feeling come down, trying his sobs to be as soundless as much as possible. It is still audible so he tries groping the wide mattress where he is laying, and finds a soft and big item to cuddle. He pulls it closer and hugs it tightly, pressing his face to its cotton chest so his cry is muffled.

 

“Nini.” He calls the life-size teddy bear’s name. His Dad gave it to him on his 5th birthday as his substitute whenever Chanyeol wanted some embrace. The boy recalled he used to love hugging his Father's gift when he was younger.

It served him that purpose for a while, but his mother kept it inside one of his closets because it would deteriorate his manliness. He only got a chance to see it again when his servants moved some of his items to Gyeongbok. He asked them to bring it along when they fled from the palace.

 

He cries remembering his mother’s face earlier. Why does he feel guilty? He has been pushed aside and received cruel remarks from his mother all his life, and now that he was able to return the same treatment to her, he does not feel happy at all. Isn’t it unfair for him?

He falls asleep in his whimper, wishing not to wake up again.

 

 

 

Fate is not with him— and Wendy does not want him to die yet when she wakes him up. The brightness of his room blinds him as soon as he opens his eyes, and he finds comfort, blocking his sight with Nini his teddy bear. And for sure, his eyes are its worst state right now.

 

“Your Highness, you have to wake up.”

“Why?” Wendy jumps at his sudden loud reply. “What is it?”

“Th-the Gyeongbok Palace was bombed.” Chanyeol instantly sits up from the bed as he hears it, looking at the girl next to her, who gasps seeing his face.

“Is that true?” His guardian nods although she still looks bothered by his appearance.

“I-I-I I have to get something to cover you, Your Highness.”

“No need.” Chanyeol swiftly gets off the bed and walks out of the room. He hears Wendy desperately shouting to stop him but he does not care anymore.

 

He heads to the living room, passing the people who get surprised whenever they glance at his face. Once he’s in his destination, he sees the folks’ attentions are on the TV Screen. A burning section of the palace is broadcasted. He blocks his mouth in shock, having a question in his mind of who would do such heartless thing to the grandest place in the country. And, what happened to the people they left there?

 

“Your Highness.” One of the servants calls him, causing the other people to look around and stare at him. He has expected that they will give the same reaction with the rest that he encountered earlier.

His mother is the one at the center and it is his first time to see her wearing eyeglasses, which has a very thick frame. It is unusual and does not suit her at all. She shifts looking at the Chamberlain, folding her arms on her chest. She’s really strange right now because she normally scolds her son if she sees him disheveled, like what he appears at the moment.

“Are you sure we’re safe here? What if all of a sudden they will attack us?” She asks Sec. Won, who sighs and seems unsure what to answer his mother. Wendy is able to follow him there, holding a black pullover hoodie and a thick frame glasses in the same color.

He quickly turns his eyes to his mother, figures out why she has spectacles on — or, is it just his delusion?

“Your Highness.” Wendy offers him his things, but it is not the time to be problematic about his looks. He tries to ignore it but the girl keeps on extending her hands with those items and insists them to him.

“Take my son to a saf—” Another explosion is heard from the widescreen and the opposite part of the manor is burning as well. All of them are horrified by the incident, causing Chanyeol’s mother to hold the sleeve of the Chamberlain. “You have to hurry and take him away!”

At that exact moment, all the lights shut off, making Wendy screams and presses herself to the prince. Chanyeol hears a woman shouts his name and he knows that is his mother. He feels someone swaying a hand in the darkness, unknown who owns it at first but he still holds it. As they tightly hold each other, he learns that warm grasp is hers too.

 

“Is that you?” She says.

“Yes, it’s me,” Chanyeol replies. He sees a ray of light swinging and follows it with his eyes — until his mother pulls him closer.

“Don’t ever let go.” His eyes get watery hearing such warm but strict words. It is strange but she sounds so sincere about that. He wants to reply but another person speaks before him.

 

“Turn on the lights, we found them.” A familiar female voice commands to whoever she is talking to.

 

 

 

It is not his mom— neither Wendy.

 

 

 

The lights are back on and there are two new people who join them in that room.

 

✿✿✿

 

It feels like Kris has been gone for a long time in Korea. Heaps of things happened there and everything almost changed drastically.

 

 

 

The wife that he left is now crowned as a prince, bringing the monarchy back to the Land of the Morning Calm. Chanyeol has been hiding a lot of secrets, which might be equal to the things that he has been keeping from everyone outside his family.

 

 

 

When all the lights are on, his focus immediately locks to the group that is linked to each other. He sees Chanyeol’s mom holding both her son’s hand and a man’s sleeve, while his junior, who he assigned to take care of his wife, is leaning against the raven’s back.

 

Seungwan turns her head looking at him and his companion, Shen. She points at them, while the holes of her nose are getting bigger. She hysterically shouts at the same time that Kris hears the person next to him snorts.

“Pffft,” She rests her hand to Kris’ shoulder and says, “her reaction though.” She laughs so hard then and it is so contagious, people around them start laughing as well.

Seungwan is embarrassed after, pouting and bending her red face down.

 

“Kris?” The laughter halts as soon as the crown prince calls his name, like a nail that drops on the floor. He lets go of his mother and walks slowly towards him. He looks so bewildered — like his eyes are fooling him.

 

Kris cannot believe it himself that he entered such historical location — as if he is watching an epic film, except that there are those state of the art entertainment appliances and everyone is wearing contemporary clothes in that room. It is also incredible to finally see the person he has been yearning for. Chanyeol’s black hair is fluffy and longer again, different from what he has been seeing in the world news — he looks so slick with his sometimes bob or pushback hairstyle. He may be wearing thick eyewear right now, but this is the wife that Kris vowed to love forever— someone who completes him— his home.

 

Chanyeol looks very cautious, even he and Kris are one step away. His eyes never falter from looking at the person in front of him. Kris likes that attention he is getting, putting his arms around his waist, pulling him closer. Chanyeol makes a quick gasp, while his eyes are blinking. He nervously reaches his husband’s face and holds the side of it dearly.

 

“It’s really you.” His cracking voice tingles Kris’ heart. He is so happy at this time and he does not want to waste this wonderful moment.

 

“Yes, it’s me.” He leans down capturing the lips that he misses kissing. It feels beautiful, soft, and sweet. It is so addicting, making him go crazy as that pair answers every contact he does. Their nose brushes against one another, adding to their overflowing love.

 

Although they can’t get enough of each other, they pause for a break, separating their hungry lips. Chanyeol is all flushed in pink and pretty. He will look better without those glasses on so Kris takes them off. It seems to be a bad idea when he finds pitiful and puffy eyes beneath them causing him to be taken aback.

Chanyeol seems to be surprised too—but, by the glasses he’s wearing.

“How did I get them?” Kris hushes him kissing one of his eyes, which instinctually closes, so his lips touch the lid instead.

In the midst of their romantic reunion, and before they forget that their not the only folks in the room, someone clears .

 

The young couple looks to that direction, which lands to Chanyeol’s mother.

 

She, who’s tapping her sophisticated fingers on her crossed arm, breaks the pink bubble that surrounds them.

 

To be continued…

A/N:

Oh my god! It's been more than a year and I'm really sorry about that. I don't even know if someone is still reading this fic (I really hope someone still does). I don't know when can I get back. I have a lot of things in mind, although people say that our ship is dead. Whatever! I will write for KrisYeol no matter what! My life is getting crazy and crazier as I aged. Please stay with me and continue loving the pair although it's too impossible for them to be together again. Happy KrisYeol Day!

And for those who do not know, I'm one of the authors of IS IT TOO LATE? I'm sorry if we've been stuck up for a while now but none of us can post the remaining last chapters since we're all busy with our personal lives. The main ending is completed but the alternates are not ready yet. I do apologize if it's taking so long. See you very soon guys!!!