Summer Fever

Not Everything is About Summer

Waking up to the knocking on his door, Kris stares at his swirling white ceiling. The headache must be taking over him that he wants to puke first thing in the morning.

No, it's already two in the afternoon when the focus of his eyes falls on the digital clock on his nightstand. The knocking on his door continues so he rises, getting his glasses from the nightstand as well. On the second thought, the specs make him dizzier so he takes it off and heads to the entrance of his unit.

With wobbling legs, he supports himself putting his weight to the wall and proceeds going to the door. He does not bother to look at the screen with his condition but he hopes this is something important.

The appearance of his friend standing outside makes his unruly body to collapse onto him. Chanyeol gasps calling his name and he cannot help chuckling at how he pronounces it by 'Krease'. Chanyeol doesn't change.

"What happen? I thought the mighty Kris Wu will never catch a fever." Entering the apartment and closing the door behind them, the other boy puts his arm around his shoulder so he can properly support him.

"Who says that?" Kris snorts. If only Chanyeol knows the root cause of his illness...

"You should have called Gyuri-noona to take care of you."

Kris shakes his head. "The woman is not my babysitter anymore."

"Whatever." Rolling his eyes, Chanyeol brings Kris to his room and lays him there.

Taking of his backpack and lays it at the bedside, he wraps the taller like a burrito under his blanket and Kris sees his expression that seems unsatisfied.

"This is not enough. Where are your other blankets?" Kris, who really feels dizzy, points his finger on the closet before he closes his eyes and massages it with his hand.

The boy swiftly moves his feet to the direction and places the thick blankets that he retrieves to Kris' bed. He spreads each open, tucking the owner securely with them like he is a trained caregiver.

"Stay here, I'll make some porridge." Before he gets off from the mattress, Kris pulls one of his hands from the fat layers of sheets and stops him by gripping his wrist.

"What bothers you that you come here by the way?"

 

✿✿✿

 

Chanyeol does not answer because he also doesn't know what urges him to do so. He slowly peels the hand off of him and pats it gently.

Pouting innocently, he looks at Kris and shifts to a beam. "—Maybe because you might die here without anyone knowing. Look, you've been here for days and not healing so let's end this, okay?"

Kris' face is pale and looks pitiful as he response with a nod. Chanyeol uses that as the signal and heads off to the kitchen.

Disappointment welcomes him because he sees nothing but bottled water in the fridge and the cabinets. Seriously.

Stomping his feet, he goes back to Kris room with dead eyes, pauses at the middle of the room with hands on his waist.

"I wonder how you still manage breathing. Are you even drinking medicine?" Kris shakes his head that causes to release a heavy sigh from Chanyeol's mouth. "My, my, my, don't tell me you're not cleaning yourself too. Gross. I'll  put a hot towel on your head for now before I'm going to buy groceries and medicine for you, sir. I guess I need to stay here for the night again. You wouldn't mind, would you?"

Kris shakes his head for the second time. Chanyeol is about to go but Kris breaks his silence.

"The code for my door is the combination of the day of your birth and mine."

Chanyeol turns his head back to him with a smug face. "Stop the nonsense, it's Summer's birthday."

 

✿✿✿

 

Chanyeol leaves the room once more and Kris senses the boy goes to his bathroom for the hot water. To make sure that the other teen will not see his face, he buries himself into the thick blankets and darkly grins there.

Chanyeol does not know Kris is just messing up with him.

There's a housekeeper that goes to his unit daily to clean his house and since recently he is sick, that ahjumma takes care of him. Kris is more on take-outs so he strictly advised the ahjumma, days ago, to bring him a healthy porridge from the restaurant. There are medicines inside the cabinet of his bathroom and he does not inform the other male about it.

Kris wants to experience the care from this elusive pretty boy, so he will not waste this exclusive opportunity to have him inside his property. And due to this awful fever, he is unable to monitor Chanyeol's movement for the past days. This is really a win-win situation for him.

He gets his phone under his pillow and sneakily texts the ahjumma to stop her from coming over today.

Kris hears the other boy is getting closer so he wipes the maniac expression off and pops his head out of the blankets and hastily returns the phone to his pillow.

"You should rest while I'm out." Sitting on the edge of the bed, Chanyeol puts a glass basin to Kris' nightstand, squeezes the excess water from the towel and neatly places it on top of Kris' forehead. "I'll be right back."

The sick teen nods and follows what Chanyeol said as he closes his eyes.

Moments later, he cannot stay sleeping when he smells something delicious coming from his kitchen. He must have been unconscious for a lengthy of time because Chanyeol is already cooking his porridge. He cannot believe that his childhood friend gained so many talents and he cannot wait to discover more of those.

 

After getting feed, Kris is like a stubborn kid as Chanyeol asks him to takes his clothes off. There are struggles and later laughter from both teens, Kris left nothing but a black boxers.

This is the first time someone does the cleansing for his body, which every limb scrubs by a warm and wet towel, and he feels awkward of course. It seems that he's not the only one who feels the same way with the pinkish tint on Chanyeol's cheeks.

 

"You're thinner than I am." Chanyeol comments. "It looks like you're not doing some exercise."

"I do." He replies, watching the other boy wipes the extent of his left arm and massages his stretched fingers while doing so. Chanyeol is really good. "I have wipes in this drawer. That's what I use for my face."

"I'm not your servant." Chanyeol grimaces throwing the towel to Kris' face. The taller boy laughs at his own teasing while the other stands and walks away.

"Hey, where are you going? We're not done yet."

Chanyeol rummages his closet. Although Kris can only see his back, he knows the other is redder than before due to his ears.

"I'm getting you a new set of clothes and I'll let you clean yourself... your... umm... the remaining part... just do it, okay? It's your body."

"Saying that after cleaning eighty five percent of me, are you kidding me?"

Chanyeol glares and Kris never sees such adorable glare before. The sick teen eventually surrenders with a shrug, taking his remaining cloth off. He is feeling better anyway so he takes the pack of face wipes inside the drawer of his nightstand. In timing of Kris' finished task, Chanyeol comes back with clean white tees and gray pants in his hand and Kris sees a glimpse of his white underwear sandwiched between his new clothes.

"You should change too." The taller boy suggests to his friend. "You've been wearing your summer uniform this whole day."

"Yeah, later." Chanyeol stiffly slides the new boxer brief up to his sitting lower half.

Kris cannot help getting curious so words heedlessly blurt out of his mouth. "What's wrong, Chanyeol? We're both guys."

"But, I have never done this to anyone my entire life." The boy, who is squatting below him, looks at him and he can see the nervous in his eyes.

"You seem professional earlier though."

 

✿✿✿

 

Simply because... Chanyeol has good memories of things revolving around him. He has been observing the people who are taking care of him whenever he get sick. But, he cannot say that to this person.

Kris shows that he trusts him by providing the passcode of his apartment but Chanyeol cannot reciprocate that... yet.

The student council president does not know Chanyeol's family background and this teen is not ready reveal his black and white history. He does not know what will happen if he let him learn it. Kris' roots are an enigma too and he's not so snoopy to know it.

 

"Long story." After thinking for a while, that's what he can only say.

 

✿✿✿

 

Kris must have a nap, waking up to a weight that's radiating at the end of the bed. As soon as he peels his eyes open, long-milky-white-legs greet him, which join him in the layers of blankets. Glancing up, he sees the owner wearing his light blue sweat shirt that looks baggy when that person uses it. How can a former Taekwondo club member owns such feminine looking legs?

Chanyeol seems to notice that he has awakened so he speaks. "Kris, give space."

Dumbfounded, he cannot believe to this boy's boldness. "You're sharing bed with me?"

Chanyeol rolls his eyes. "We did this before. Duh? Your body needs heat for Christ's sake."

Kris blinks while the other is not done giving a face.

"MOVE, will you?"

 

 

 

Kris wakes up the next morning feeling so good. It seems the fever is almost leaving his body when he touches his forehead. Humming with the rejuvenating mood, he firmly holds his soft body pillow... wait, he can't remember that he bought himself a body pillow. The body pillow squirms and has arms which wraps around torso. Kris finds the peacefully sleeping Chanyeol is his body pillow as he opens his eyes and bends his head down. Thanks to him, Kris has the most relaxing slumber he ever has for his entire existence.

Chanyeol raises his head, almost an inch apart from Kris and instinctively the president pulls his hand out of the blanket to touch his fine nose. He trails two of his fingers to Chanyeol's parted lips and closes them by gently pushing his chin up. The sleeping boy pouts and tightens his hug.

Kris wonders what Chanyeol's lips taste like, dares to seal it with his if his phone does not ring.

"Krease?" Chanyeol speaks out but seems to be still in his dreamland.

Not to wake his fellow completely, Kris presses the answer button and carefully leaves the unconscious boy from the bed. He goes out of the veranda and still viewing Chanyeol through the glass.

"It's very unusual to receive a phone call from you." Smirking, Kris says to the person he's speaking with his cell. "What? You want me to go home because you miss me, don’t you?"

 

To be continued…

 

 

A/N:

Happy New Year Guys! I'll be editting this later.