Wendy to the Rescue and That’s not in Summer

Not Everything is About Summer

The students’ voices still ring in Chanyeol’s ears although he and the rest of his company are inside the Principal’s Office. The new school head has changed. Summer must have gone back to Germany with her family, and he is unsure if the reason of their departure is because of his violent reaction towards the girl. Shiver runs to his spine whenever he remembers that incident.

Sitting on the couch has never been this unpleasant. Chanyeol keeps the discomfort to himself, sweats are forming on both of his temples. At the same time, he is watching his mother complaining to the new principal. The whole school, the entire country rather, learnt the truth about his identity, him as the president’s son and the little pig in grade school.

The authorities are investigating who spread this news about him that his mother needs  to accompany him here in school for damage control. The First Lady and the principal is discussing if he needed to be homeschooled due to the issue or not.

“He is safe here, Madam. But if you think that is not enough, his guards can stay by his side at all times.” The principal suggests.

“That doesn’t seem to be a bright fix.” His mother, who is stern as ever, skeptically looks at the old man. “However, I can ask reports from my men once Chanyeol is at home. Depending on that, I and my husband will make the decision on what’s best for our son.”

The pair seems to be in agreement. Representative Park stands from her seat and both exchange bow. Before she completely leaves, she stops at her son and gives him a kiss on his cheek.

“Be good, Chanyeol.”  She then leaves the boy. Chanyeol touches his cheek, cannot comprehend what just happened. His mother never kisses him once as far as he can remember. He asks himself if that is a mere act since they are in public or what.

The principal snaps him as he is called by the said man and escorts him to the door. The guards are waiting for him outside and makes him more feel uneasy.

Due to the guards surrounding him, he cannot see anyone at all, not even the path. They are all tall and their builds are so broad but even so, the students conversing about him is hearable on his end.

The class has not been cool too. The men scattered every corner of the room, and there is also one on his side and one behind him. Their teacher looks so tense as he tackles today’s lesson and Chanyeol senses the secret gazes at him. This is the worst attention he ever got from his short existence.

At lunch, the men are still with him, but give space when someone enters their circle.

“Chanyeol.” The raven knows that voice well, feeling irritated automatically. “Hey, are you still mad at me? I’ve done it for your own good you know.”

Chanyeol groans. And instead of making any conversation with this person, or even looks at her, he calls the guards’ attention.

“I need to pee.” The guard starts talking to someone with their headphones and this rises Chanyeol’s boiling point higher.

“The toilet is on the left.” Shen guides the guards and Chanyeol has no sense of gratefulness for her, caring only less.

They stop, signaling the male teen that they arrive at the destination. The guards in front enter the lavatory, inspect it and say clear after checking.

“I need privacy; you can wait here.” They look hesitant to do what he asked at first but Chanyeol shows how he had enough of them with a glare. One of them gestures that they are granting his request, bowing and has his hand showing the way to the boy.

Chanyeol closes the door immediately, as soon as he goes inside the toilet, and does his thing. In the midst of it, the window above him open and someone pops out.

“Young Master!” He almost has his piss write his name in shock. The girl signs him to stay quiet and the boy quickly zips his pants up without any accident before he can begin his protest.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” The girl softly apologizes.

“What is this? A cover on how Park Chanyeol pees?” Chanyeol asks in the same tone, but sarcastic, glancing up to the hanging girl on the window. She has her head and arms in but the rests are outside. She shakes her head, gulping in pain.

“This is no time for question, sir. You need to get out of here.” She says dismissively.

“Seungwan.” A struggling female voice is heard from outside. Chanyeol is getting more bewildered of what’s going on.

“We’ll be down in a minute.” The girl assures with her fellow. “Come on, Young Master. We’re running out of time. Grab my hands.”

“Why should I do so?” Chanyeol does not trust this girl at all. Seungwan seems to stomp her foot and a yelp from another girl is heard.

“Young Master.” One of the guards calls him behind the door. Both Chanyeol and Seungwan’s eyes widen. “Are you done there?”

“No, I need more time. I’m taking a dump.” He seems to convince the guard since there is no follow up question from him.

“Please, Young Master. Do you want to see your husband again?” Those words seem to give loud gongs to Chanyeol. How does this person know about their secret? Is this one of the things that leaked to the crowd? “I’ll answer all your questions later so please take my hands.”

Chanyeol does not want to be bombarded again by guards or see Shen waiting for him. The girl’s eyes seem eager to take him outside and does not show any evil plan. So, Chanyeol puts his hands up and reaches it to Seungwan. She looks so thankful after holding the raven’s grasp. She pulls him up and Chanyeol falls on top of her and another female teen. The girls express the hardship of what they did, before getting up from the ground and brush off the dirt from their bodies.

“You’re one of the student council, right?” Chanyeol tries to remember the other girl. She seems to be lifting Seungwan over her shoulders due to the footprint on that section.

She nods, tapping her chest. “Yes, Seulgi is my name.”

“Save the meet and greet later. The guards may take notice of us if we don’t hurry up.” Seungwan reminds and her fellow nods.

“Run straight to that direction.” Seulgi point to the woods. “At the end of that path, there is a small gate you can use for exit. I asked a taxi to wait there earlier.”

“You’re not coming with us?” Chanyeol wonders.

“No, I need to watch your back from here and sense any coming danger.” Seulgi explains. “And besides, I can’t run due to my health condition.”

“You’re such a sweet girl.” She blushes at his comment that is interrupted when Seungwan drags him by his wrist to their upcoming route. “See you again.”

She smiles and waves her hand then the two run as fast as they could. In the middle of their journey, Seungwan tells Chanyeol what he needs to know about this escape.

“Do you remember the time I caught you and President Wu kissing?” That is an awkward scene and not so good memory to Chanyeol but he is urged to reply.

“Yes.”

“This is about the task he mentioned that day.” She says, catching her breath. “He is sent back to America like he is deported.”

“What?” Chanyeol stops running but Seungwan does not let him, pulling his wrist so he will move forward again.

“That’s why he says everything to me so I can do my job well.” She continues. “I need to keep you away from your parents and this society so he can take you to where he currently is.”

“New York?” Chanyeol is happy but somewhat hurt since he will leave his life from here.

“That’s the only way you and him will be back together.” Seems like Seungwan is not lying with her words. Convinced, the raven stays silent since then.

 

✿✿✿

 

The cab Seulgi mentioned is really there waiting in front of the gate. Once they get in, Chanyeol’s female company tells the driver where to go and they resume talking.

Seungwan tells how she and Seulgi knew Chanyeol will be in the toilet. They had been observing him since morning and they can locate him fast because of the guards surrounding him.

“The president and I had a secret meeting for this plan. That had been quite a while back before we got into the beach.” She looks at Chanyeol while taking something from her pocket. It is a black facemask probably to hide the boy’s face. “He knew these events would happen so he set every few details up and asked Seulgi to work with me. I’m so updated with all the happenings like I’m his best friend.”

And, Chanyeol is not happy with her last sentences. She moves a little away from the boy, clearing .

“Anyway, the last message I received from him is about his forced return to America.”

Timing to her end of story, they arrive to Kris’ resident building. Chanyeol is nervous that his mother’s people may just be expecting for his advent in that place, but Seungwan calms him, saying she will go inside by herself.

“Kris had also talked to the management and asked to keep in touch with me for any suspicious activity in this vicinity.” She says in a matter of fact tone. “As of the moment, there are no men in black to be found. What you can do now is stay here and I’ll be right back.”

Chanyeol reluctantly nods and the girl leaves him immediately. The longer he waits for Seungwan, the more he gets anxious. Thankfully, she returns with a backpack and a duffle bag both in black.

“You're one lucky boy.” Huffing for air, she comments as she gets in the car. “He had this prepared too.”

Chanyeol is surprised to see those and curious what were inside. For sure, they are something useful and what the male thinks right at this point — they may have a very long journey. He is right about it being pretty lengthy, not knowing he falls asleep.

 

Almost an hour must have passed when Seungwan, who is in her casual clothes, pats Chanyeol to wake him up. The male teen wonders how she managed to change from her uniform. But more importantly, he checks where they have gone. It is ferry terminal in Incheon. The girl takes cash from the backpack and pays the taxi driver handsomely. She then buys them ticket to the ferry and will take the last trip to the island where they are going to.

 

✿✿✿

 

Although they will only travel 30 minutes to the island, Seungwan rents a cabin for them. She opens the duffle bag which contains clothes, a hard drive, a laptop, and other gadgets Chanyeol has never seen before. She seems crying for joy as she kisses the pink drive.

“Relive my collection!” Chanyeol does not mind her celebratory speech, he gives more attention to the laptop sitting on top of the clothes.

“You think that’s President’s?” He turns looking at the girl. “He said he bought one for me. It is the identical with his laptop like we’re meant for each other.”

And all of a sudden, Chanyeol’s reflexes move on its own, punching the girls face. She falls on the bed and her face quickly becomes swollen.

“Why are you guys so cruel to me?” Sniffing, the girl touches the blood coming from her nose.

“What I can suggest is think before you speak.” He says rubbing both hand to each other.

As she recovers from the knockdown, she shows the inside of the backpack. It is full of money and there’s a gun for protection. Chanyeol does not know Kris enough. With all the cash he is seeing, they can absolutely live even without a job. Seungwan flicks her fingers to prohibits his daze and gives him some clothes.

“We’re almost there so better change.” Seungwan say. “I’ll turn my back for you.”

“Thanks.” This is the sole time he pays his gratitude towards this person and she responds with a friendly smile. Chanyeol is having a hard time to trust someone after Shen betrays him and he hopes he does not do the same mistake.

“What’s your name again?” He says taking off his blazer and putting on the black pullover.

“Son Seungwan.” Chanyeol glances and sees that she’s still facing to the opposite direction.

“It’s easy for me to forget you name.”

“Then, you can call me anything you want.”

“What about… Wendy?” Seungwan turns her head and Chanyeol is done changing.

“Wen…dy?” Chanyeol nods as they are now facing each other.

“Because, she joined Peter Pan in his adventure.”

“It’s a pleasure honestly.” Blush forms on her cheeks. “And, you’re Peter Pan, right?” Chanyeol chuckles, shaking his head.

“I’m just Chanyeol.”

 The sound of horn is heard, informing them that they have arrived to the island.

 

✿✿✿

 

It’s not even a day passed since they have been together and yet, they are getting along well —  must be due to the same year they are born. Seungwan is months older than Chanyeol, showing it by leading their journey.

The pair makes a playful debate though, on who should bring their bags.

“Like I told you, I’m the boy here so I should bring those.” Chanyeol tries to reach the duffle bag but the girls evade him. She hurries down to the shore, shaking her head like a mad man. Chanyeol clicks his tongue since this frustrates him.

“No, you’re still my senior and a very important human.” She senses the boy’s gesture. “And, President Wu instructed me to have you avoid any heavy work.”

“Huh?”           “Seungwan.”

A man, must be in his thirties or forties, is standing there on the sandy shore. Before the girl comes closer, she nudges Chanyeol with her elbows nodding once like giving him signal.

Listen, my uncle does not know anything about our escape, and I have no plan disclosing such classified information. I just told him to ready the hut in Samuiido for my guest. We cannot involve more people on this or it will make us closer to fail our mission. So, it is best you won’t use your mouth in talking for a while.

Chanyeol remembers Seungwan’s heads up before they leave the cabin as she leaves the baggage on the floor and hugs her uncle. The girl signs him to move towards them that he willingly obeys.

“This is Canlie, the one I mentioned in our phone conversation.” She introduces and her uncle shows a surprised meeting him.

“Oh my, I never knew you have a pretty friend. Hi, Canlie!” The man reaches his hand to him and Chanyeol accepts it. The raven shows his friendliest smile and bows.

“He may fully understand Korean but he cannot speak the language at all.” Seungwan explains to his uncle. Chanyeol thinks it is a good cover to his real identity.

“Oh my that means I have no chance to hear his voice? That .” They all laugh after that. “By the way, call me Oppa.”

“Ew, he is a guy, uncle.” Seungwan hits the man playfully. “Canlie must be tired so we better get home, shall we?”

The man rolls his eyes, nodding and he does the honor of carrying the duffle bag. As he leads their way, the ones behind look at each other.

“You’re doing good so far so just continue playing.” Seungwan whispers when leans to Chanyeol’s ear. “You may blabber anything that sounds like Chinese sometimes and I swear he won’t get suspicious if you do so.” The boy silently agrees.

They hop in to her uncle’s pickup, Seungwan sits beside her relative at the driver’s seat and Chanyeol stays at the back, in the open cargo. As the engine starts, Chanyeol goes deep in his contemplating. This is one of his longest days that at last will end soon. Earlier, he is just beginning to go school again but there are so much dramas automatically dined for him.

However, he is now riding a vehicle that will set him away from them. He sits silently while clearly seeing the stars above. It looks romantic, especially if he is along with his significant other. He wonders what is Kris’ condition as of the moment.

Although worried for him, Chanyeol sees hope that they will meet again after receiving his extra mile affection with the help of his new found pal named Wendy.

Speaking of the girl, she reminded him a while ago about speaking Chinese. He may use Korean ancient language for this. It does not sound so far from that one.

 

To be continued…

 

A/N

Writing has never been difficult like now. Why do you need to change the editing of story, AFF? BTW, Happy Birthday Sehun-ah! Time fly so fast and now you're 23 and I'm growing old. This OTP is getting old too and forgotten. I'm grateful for those who read my story and to those who not, you win this time. Since I'm receiving a few feedback, I'm going to stop writing and leave the fandom for good. You like baekyeol more because they are alive unlike us, well GO AHEAD!

 

Nah, whatever storm comes or even no one read this, for sure, I'll finish this and continue writing stories about KrisYeol. It is my passion to contribute something for my ultimate ship. If my fic does not deserve your attention, feel free to go. I'm not forcing anyone to like me. I'm not a pusher, Cady.

 

As long as I love what I'm doing, I'll be here spreading it for KrisYeol, even if I turn into a ghost.

Ten