Nosebleed due to heat although it’s no longer Summer

Not Everything is About Summer

A/N: Someone's BACK~! (Not me)

Chanyeol wakes up when he hears the relatives are having some sort discussion outside. He struggles getting up from the cloth covered hard floor. Although he had slept on the ground a couple of times before, he is still not used to it and not fond of it honestly.

Once done straightening his clothes, he follows their voice and finds them on the front yard. Wendy (Chanyeol’s new name for Seungwan) hands a rim of cash to her uncle. The adult looks astound, staring at the money on his palm.

“For a grocery, this is too much.” The uncle shakes his head must be in disbelief and his niece simply chuckles. Meanwhile, the other teen watches them quietly. He continues, seeing Wendy closes her uncles hand to seal the money in it.

 “The change is yours.” She says with a kind smile. “Consider this as our payment for your accommodation to us. After all, we’ll be staying here for a while.”

“Where did you get these heaps of cash?”

“From Canlie’s Brother.” Chanyeol cannot remember having a brother but he stays shut in his position. “It’s a clean money don’t worry.”

The uncle looks to where Chanyeol is standing. The boy immediately hides behind the wall, hoping he is not caught. His heart pounds hard from the action.

“Did he illegally enter this country that’s why you’re keeping him here?” Chanyeol knows Wendy’s uncle is referring to him.

“No.” The girl straightly answers. “I want to make everything confidential about him to you, but I need to say a little so you stop your questions.” Chanyeol is a bit nervous of what she is about to say, biting his lower lip. “His family has a major conflict with their competitors at this time, that they are targeting the youngest son.” She starts and yammers more business jargons as it goes on, and even the raven cannot understand a single word. “The ataxia is across the piece such as the stocks and—”

“I get it!” Her uncle seems to have enough of her nonsense. “I need to go and shop for groceries right now so I can go home early.”

“Thanks, Uncle.” Her gratefulness sounds like a nagging small girl finally getting what she wants. Chanyeol hears some footsteps leaving and he uses it as a chance to reveal himself to Wendy, seeing her slight surprise.

Chanyeol folds his arms to his chest and says, “Nice story you got there.” The girl snorts as she rubs her cheek with her finger.

“Well, my experience as a fanfic writer helps me a lot for this kind of situation.” She shrugs.

“Fanfic?” Chanyeol repeats the new word he got from her and she looks regretting what she says.

“Uh… I’ll explain to you what it means some other time.” She dismisses and Chanyeol does not mind. “'What we need to do now is get ready for our departure. Good thing, you’re up already.” The boy has no response for it and Wendy senses his sudden silence. “Because, I thought rich kids wake up in the noon.”

Chanyeol laughs, rolling his eyes. “That’s so stereotype.”

“Want some breakfast by the way?” The boy shakes his head. “I knew you didn’t want the food Uncle prepared for us so I asked him to buy some ingredients that will suit your urban taste. I guarantee to serve something good for you later.”

Amused, Chanyeol wants to express his gratitude for all the things Wendy is doing for him. But, the girl moves to another room in the house, and makes a sudden change of mind. For the past months, people who helped him tended to betray him in the end, and the best example is what Shen did to him. He feels a quick irritation, sighing and shakes it off. It is not good to start a day with frustration anyway.

 

As everything is set for their journey to the smaller island, Wendy makes sure that they leave her uncle’s house tidy. They walk over the stone bridge to Samuuido, and like before, she carries all their baggage by herself.

“Uncle lives here because he wants a simpler life than in the city.” The backpack clumsily falls from Wendy’s shoulder, that worries Chanyeol. She gestures stop to the boy when he tries to help him and continues with her story. “He’s a city boy actually, but a friend offered him two patches of land in a cheaper price so he grabbed it. It’s his dream to be away of the bustling noise in Seoul. He is not a luxurious person. He wants to earn money from his own effort that’s why he reacted like that when I gave him that thick cash earlier. To be honest with you, I never hold such huge amount before.”

With her lengthy blabber, the almost 20-minute walk seems short. They travel the river, walk down the muddy slope till they reach small hut Wendy is talking about. The hut is too tiny but maybe a bit bigger than a dog house. He hesitates to get inside there due to its size but Wendy drags him. The girl lays the sheets and comforter she brought, which occupies the whole space. She lights up a small fireplace at the corner as well and that sets everything.

“Tada!” She happily says as if presenting something marvelous. “Later, Uncle will come with all the things we need. He said that he asked someone for placing generator here and that would be brought soon. What you need, my dear young master is relax while anticipating for any news from President Wu.”

“Yeah, literally.” He said with sarcasm, already lying on the comforter on his side, head held by the heel of his palm. “How are we going to get any updates from him anyway?”

“With this.” Wendy took a long rod and the head splits and formed into a parabolic dish, Chanyeol rises as he startles.

“Woah!” His amaze, but that immediately fades when he worried about something. “But, you know my father is the Commander-in-chief of this country… right? For sure, he has all the power and connection to trace us. If we have contact with the satellite, then we’re doomed.”

“Relax. President Wu won’t let that happen.” Wendy assures. He wonders why this girl trust his husband so much. “He left an instruction to avoid detection. Let me just read it, okay?”

Chanyeol nods and falls flat on his back, his limb s sprawled conquering the whole futon. Complaining has no place at these moments, but he is growing impatient, and the days that pass by are not helping.

 

Seungwan habitually leaves him alone in the hut and go to the town, or to her uncle’s house to get their daily food supply.  Life for Chanyeol becomes dull due to that. He is not even allowed to go outside for stroll because the girl says that it’s dangerous. Chanyeol only sees the laptop and Seungwan’s hard drive to kill his boredom. She has dramas, animes, e-books and mangas, and it has variety of genre, but it is pure homoual and explicit. Seungwan does not seem physically crazy as what she really is inside.

A lot of mind battles occur between Chanyeol and his own self, if he is going to give in to his curiosity and watch those. But, as boredom keeps on knocking, he swallows his pride and opens one movie. He is disgusted at first, but when he imagines himself and Kris are the one who is acting on-screen, it washes away and he calms down. One time, Seungwan sees him so she then joins his watch.

Today they have a dramatic drama playing, it is terribly explicit that Seungwan fast it forward due to her embarrassment, but Chanyeol ask her to let it go. If there is something he can’t understand about the term they use, the nose-bleeding Seungwan explains it for him. They are on the episode where the shorter guy wants to be the ‘man’ in their ‘session’, and the taller guy grants his wish but it should be with another person. They find someone, who is way shorter than them, in the phone store. They ‘do it’ that night and the shorter boy make his way to their prey and the tallest joins too. Seungwan is screaming and blocking her eyes that whole scene.

“That’s gross, they are both putting those in to him?” Chanyeol’s eyes stick watching the show although his partner is still shrieking beside him. “They don’t even have the chemistry with that guy.” The boy startles when two hands block his eyes.

“Let’s quit this. There are better movies and shows than this one.” Seungwan’s tone are too high.

“But you said, this is the top-grossing of them all.” He reasons out and his female companion whines more.

“What are you two watching?” The youngsters automatically panic, both look at each other with shock face and then at the laptop, which they fold down. “I’m hearing some are you watching something y? Let me watch.”

Seungwan’s uncle smiles maniacally slowly approaching the teens who are moving backwards. There is like a suspenseful music in the background until…

“No, it’s not what you think!” Seungwan’s eyes are wide like it will pop out of her as she laughs nervously. “We are watching a National Geographic Documentary.” And, there’s her creepy laugh again.

“Is that so?” The skeptical man asks and Seungwan, who is nodding, shifts her look to her companion. She pinches Chanyeol’s hand so he will agree as well. The adult sighs and sits with them. “But, why your nose is bleeding, Seungwan?” They forget about it.

“A-ah, it’s because… it’s hot.” Her voice cracks and she’s obviously lying. Her uncle mouths a sarcastic ‘fall’ and Chanyeol does not know if she sees that. “What are you doing here anyway?”

“Oh, it’s because of these.” Her uncle takes a rolled newspaper from his back pocket and shows the headlines to them. “One of the gold medalist in the Olympics is from your school. Maybe you know him.”

Min is standing next to his father in the picture and his heartbeat becomes heavy. Seungwan reads the article aloud and he is not feeling good as he listens. Chanyeol and Min’s memories together flash back to his mind that he runs out of the hut. This is not good — it seems his disorder is awakening.

He then realizes that he is in front of the river, sitting on the rock. Chanyeol feels scared — Min’s comeback has this huge impact to him. All the treatment he had seems worthless and he weeps thinking about it.

“Young Master!” Seungwan hollers and it is approaching so he wipes his face. “Young Master.” The girl founds him and she’s panting. She sits beside him for rest. “Why did you suddenly runaway? Is it because of your father?”

Good thing she does not know anything about Min and it is unnecessary to get her involved. He nods so she will not ask more.

“Wendy,” he calls her with the name he gave, “can I go to the town and browse a little in the web? I’ve been missing a lot from my reality.”

“This is now your reality, Young Master, running away for your husband.” She convinces.

“But, when will I meet him again? We’re wasting a lot of time here.” He says desperately. The provincial life kills him, maybe he can survive if Kris is there with him, but since he’s not, he may choose taking his life more, than staying there longer.

He rises from his seat and walks to make distant with him and the girl. “I hope you understand me, Wendy. So please. Let me at least see a little of what I left.”

Seungwan seems to feel his despair so she nods. The boy emotionally hugs her and says ‘thank you’ several times.

 

✿✿✿

 

Seungwan joins him to the town and has separate station to him, for a little privacy. Before they go apart, the girl strictly reminds him not to make any contact with anyone. He should just browse the web.

Chanyeol feels the excitement as he starts surfing, and the main point of his activity is Min. He arrived almost a week ago and he did not miss visiting the Four Seasons Academy. A lot of topic surfaces in his visit there, more particularly when one student attacked him. The person’s face is pixelated so Chanyeol finds an uncensored video of the attacker. Luckily, he gets one, entitled ‘Sasaeng attacking her athlete classmate’.

The video begins with the reporter asking Min, who’s in his school uniform, some question about his experiences in that school. He willingly replied to anything she asked.

“I missed a lot of things here like the people.” He said. “Everyone is so friendly to me.”

Chanyeol scoffs but unconsciously hoping that he will be mentioned. The interview got interrupted when Min received a flying kick out of nowhere. He fell down and the attacker climbed on top of him, giving him more punches. The crowd is screaming, the video kept on rolling, the guards later showed and detached the violent person from the athlete.

It’s a girl Chanyeol fully knows. She looked at the camera saying, “This is for you, Chanyeol! You know my loyalty is only for you! Chanyeol, I’m sorry! I’m so sorry!”

Chanyeol sobs with Shen as she was taken away from the scene. The comments do not help healing his heart. They are bashing her as if they know his friend well. He blocks his mouth so no one will hear him whimpering, but someone approaches him and gives him a warm embrace.

“Don’t worry, Shen Yeorum sunbae is not kicked out.” Wendy assures, rubbing his back. “It must be from the aid of your parents.”

“I miss her.” Chanyeol sobs. “I miss the school. I miss… Kris. When will I hear something from him? Wendy, I’m dying without him.”

“I’m sorry my dear Young Master.” Yeorum sincerely says. “What we can do is just wait. Wherever he is right now, I’m sure he is thinking of you.”

“I hope he is.” The pain pinches him too much that he cannot breathe. “I’m tired of getting my heart broken.”

Wendy stays comforting him till he calms. and they can finally go home.

 

To be continued…

 

A/N:

Hello! So, I am back with this new chapter and give you a short scene of Min's return. I don't know if you like him or not. Happy Mother's Day to everyone so in celebration, I'll post later my gift to all mother reading here. It is not so much motherly but you'll get that at the end (and that's a spoiler baby). Tell me anything you think about this chapter. See you soon with some action in the next one. BYE!!!