Who owns Chanyeol? (Not in Summer)

Not Everything is About Summer

Kris has set in his mind — that one day, Chanyeol’s parents will come to take him away — and… that day has really come, which is today, both Mr. and Mrs. Park, who are more known as President and Representative Park, are there invading the space, Kris and Chanyeol used to have only for their own. Kris is not ready after all.

The president of the country tours the living room as if he is just inside a museum. He looks at the huge gold rectangular frame where the young couple was professionally photoshopped wearing a wedding dress and a suit. Mr. President makes a chuckle looking at it.

“Sir, may you please stay put and sit here beside me?” This is the second time Kris met Chanyeol’s mother who is still in red but a dress this time. She has raised an eyebrow at her husband that seems to dismiss him for what he is doing. Once the couple is settled, they look at the boy sitting on the left couch. This situation doesn’t look good at all.

“So,” The first lady starts, scanning Kris from head to toe like she is inspecting an object meticulously, “where’s Park Chanyeol?”

“You’ve seen me call him earlier and he sounded like rushing already when I told him that you’re here.” Kris politely answers. “Why don’t you drink some tea and eat the cookies I prepare for you?”

In time, the door opens with Chanyeol panting as he enters the place. He wipes his sweat with his hands, docking forward to them. He bows and greets his parents.

The bodyguards, that the first couple brought, come inside as well to bring the groceries Chanyeol bought. They put them on the counter and the first couple and Kris just follow it with stares while his wife sits beside him.

After everything is settled, the bodyguards bow and leave, and then the tension between the parties arouses.

“You must have known who we are in this society, Mr. Wu." Representative Park says and Kris nods. "You must have known as well that Chanyeol is our only child." He hesitantly nods this time. "We talked about how important Chanyeol is to us, his parents, and that we already made plans for his future. But, it seems – that – you did not understand it for the first time and seeing this place — you had played a lot.”

Chanyeol bends his head, face mixes with shame and anxiousness. The reaction he’s doing bothers Kris and reminds him about what his wife’s doctor told them.

“What is your relationship with my son exactly?” The president looks at the surrounding before returning his focus to him. “Are you playing house?”

Kris coughs hearing the President’s question and his wife bends as if he’s getting literally smaller. This interaction with the first couple is like being stir-fried in a hot pan. The young couple keeps their silence and Kris knows Chanyeol is thinking the same way too, that talking is like stepping on a landmine. So, they let them speak their mind out.

“It’s about time we take our son home.” Representative Park says sternly. “Chanyeol’s loyal servant reported his condition and we think you’re not helping him to recover. As an heir, he should also start getting serious with his life. If you refuse, Wu Kris, you’ll be penalized by law corresponding to your action.”

Kris scoffs, getting comfortable in his seat by crossing his arms and legs. He cannot help but feel confident and nevertheless, this is his property and not theirs.

“If we are talking about the legality here, you are the ones who are going against it.” The blond states with a smirk. “The neglect, manipulation, and threatening you pour to your son. Chanyeol is mature enough to understand you, and supposedly, you’re the one who should be understanding him. The pressure you’re giving him causes his disorder that almost took his consciousness. Who’s doing their job as a law-abiding citizen now?”

The first lady’s face becomes more furious, unlike the President, who, although calm and expressionless for a while, is taken aback.

“If we see in court, do you think you will win the case? Heh.” She says menacingly, rolling her eyes. “You? You’re only a kid, who is an alien and forgotten.”

“You don’t have to say that to him, Mom.”

Mama, Chanyeol, Mama.” Their son scares away from his seat, gripping his pants tightly. Kris cannot believe he just witnessed their maltreatment live. “And, you? Do you think you can get away with this? Do you think I am blind not to see your relationship? This is a huge~ joke! We’ll take Chanyeol from here and you will not see him again.”

Forcefully, Chanyeol is taken from his seat getting pulled by the wrist, which is gripped by his mother tightly. The father follows suit as his family is about to exit without a proper dismissal — but Kris cannot let them. Halfway, he blocks them and says something that will suspend their movement.

 

✿✿✿

 

"You may be against us but allow me to tell you that it will be difficult for you to separate me and your son. Can you see that picture? My bond with Chanyeol is more than a game. Yes, that picture is photoshopped but this." Pulling his wallet from his pocket, he takes something out of it, unfolding it, showing to the President and his wife the marriage license — he and Chanyeol signed months ago, and now has signed from different people and stamped. "I and Chanyeol are legitimately married."

"That is impossible!” Chanyeol’s mother immediately argues. “How could you get married without our consent, both of you are minors and males.”

“My parents accepted my marriage with Chanyeol and some of my family became witnesses. Those sufficed to get the approval from the State of New York.” Kris says.

“This can’t be true, right, Chanyeol? You don’t want Dad to be disappointed with you.” His father may look and sound calm but there’s a faint desperation in his voice. Chanyeol cannot look at him. Guilty. He is surprised that all the things Kris did with their ‘House Bound’ are legitimate — the documents, Kris's actions, and feelings. They are true — not only the facts — but because he trusts Kris more now than his parents.

“I’m sorry, Dad.” He says with regret and for the first time, his father raises his hand like about to hit someone. Chanyeol closes his eyes and hears the slap and something falls on the floor.

“What have you done?” As the Raven peels his eyes open, Kris is the one he found with a hand marked on his face and his lanky body is on the ground. His eyes are hiding from his blond forelocks.

“Dad!” Chanyeol joins his husband on the floor. When he thought he was going to get physical pain for the first time, it was Kris who received it.

The blond finally lifts his face, glaring but his expression dies down with a mocking one. “Technically, I have the rights for Chanyeol now. But, I’m not going to force him like you guys always do.”

“Get out!” Chanyeol’s father shouted. “I don’t want to see your face anymore, you demon child!”

Kris laughs making the situation more complicated, as if this whole fiasco is a comedic skit. The president becomes angrier and seems to give a more violent reaction to his husband if his mother is not stopping him.

“I said get out!” And, Kris laughs louder and the older man is growling already.

“Why should I get out of my-own-place? This unit is bought for me.” With Kris's words, the president freezes.

“You’re unbelievable, Mr. President.” Representative Park drags her embarrassed husband by the elbows to the exit and looks at her son. “Park Chanyeol, you’re coming with us.

“My decision will not change from our last conversation, Mama.” Chanyeol looks at Kris before looking at his mother. With firmness, he says. “Forget about me and think I died.”

His mother is flabbergasted but she returns her stern face as she opens the door.

“Will get him from you, half-breed.” Slamming the door, the first couple is gone in their apartment at last.

 

Chanyeol embraces his husband tightly and the other flinches. “Chanyeol, your heartbeat!” Kris forces him to face him, cornering his jaw with both hands, even the raven head can also hear his heart pounding. “Baby, don’t shut your senses down on me.”

“KREASE.” Chanyeol cries. “I did it. I survived the encounter.”

“Yes, you did well.” The blond wipes his tears with his thumb. “I’m so proud of you.”

The couple hugs once more before Kris takes the document out again. They both read everything on it and Chanyeol can feel his blond husband is happy as he is for being married for months now. It is still a mystery why Kris will do something outrageous like getting them tied the knot, but he is thankful this happens to them. This just hardens the love and protection he’s getting from Kris.

“Hey, it says here you’re born on November 27, 20XX. That means you’re a year younger than me?” Chanyeol hits his head for his dumbness.

“That’s why we keep on saying, I’m FIFTEEN but you keep on interrupting us.” Kris chuckles remembering those times and Chanyeol follows. They stand from the floor and look at their certificate hanging on the wall.

“Things will be more difficult from now on but we can do it as long as you’re with me.” Kris holds Chanyeol’s hand delicately and kisses the back of it. Chanyeol pulls him a little, leaning closer playfully.

“Of course. I won’t give you up.”

The couple looks at each other and presses their foreheads, giggling. This incident seems to tighten their bond more.

 

To be continued…

 

 

A/N:

Hi! Instead of April, I posted this on 3/21 (I'm not sure why it's showing an advance date). We'll see more in the coming future so I hope you'll stick with me.

 

PS: It is not true that if the couple who is going to marry is minor one side of the party is enough. But, Kris had ways to solve that issue >:)

 

NEXT: Meeting Mrs. Wu