Because of Summer

Not Everything is About Summer

Three years had passed since Kris had talked to Chanyeol and now both of them established their names to the same school, the 四春學校.

 

As Kris steps to the 11th grade, he leaves the sport he loves and chooses the school politics instead. He runs as a president of the student body which he successfully achieves from the adoration of his fellow youths, especially, the girls.

From the past three years and after that conversation he had with Chanyeol, Kris became a playboy. He had several relationships from middle school to present and recently, he broke a young woman’s heart when he said they were over. The reason was unknown but that happened to all his love adventures. There was no one, who owned a beautiful face, failed to be captured by the famous Kris and he did not use too much effort to get them.

 

✿✿✿

 

The girls squeal when the school representative passes their way. They are in euphoria.

“He just dumped Go Ahra last weekend and someone said she was crying about it until now.”

“Ooh, is that why she's absent?”

“Yeah.”

“I wonder who will be the next girl to fall on his hands,” and the girls giggle.

Kris stops as he hears them and winks driving female crowd nuts. He continues his walk coolly and does not want to see those plain-faces of those girls any longer.

 

“You did great, baby boy, I’m so proud of you!” Hearing that annoying voice again stops Kris from walking the second time. He looks back viewing the trio behind him and tries to stand composedly.

The girl named Shen Yeorum (her name was the Korean for summer) locks the tall boy’s neck in her arms while ruffling his hair. The said boy elbows the girl to free him, and the other male student with them pulls him as he tangles his arm with him.

“Stop acting like my mom, Shen.” Chanyeol, who now has brown curls that look like a chocolate cloud and yet still looks good at him, complains about his friend.

Kris thought at first that the girl was Chanyeol’s girlfriend but not when she saw them more like siblings, or mother and child, or master and servant. He dislikes the girl and he always gives criticizing look at her especially with her hair. She changes color and hairstyle multiple times in a year. At this moment, Shen Yeorum is wearing hot pink hair that does not even look good on her.

“Don’t be so mean to Shen, Chanchan. She’s just being supportive.” Chanyeol grew so tall but the other boy with them is taller and he must have the same height with Kris.

The student president knows who he is. Choi Min is his name, the captain of the Taekwondo Club, in which, Chanyeol is a member.

That Min guy cups Chanyeol’s chin to look at him. Kris just then notices his old friend is not wearing glasses.

He does not hear what that guy is saying to Chanyeol but curiosity eats him with the loving look he is giving to the other boy. He says his words softly like he is chewing something sweet. And out of the blue, the pinkish aura between that Min and Chanyeol (it must be the sunset outside) is interrupted.

“His opponent will not stand a chance, now that Chanyeol can clearly see them with his twinkling eyes.” Shen, as usual, is hyper and annoying. “Come on! Let’s go to my house and celebrate.”

“Hey, that’s my house too,” Chanyeol says and the trio walks their way to the exit. Kris hides himself behind the pilaster while he watches them leave, his focus is only to Chanyeol.

 

From the years that passed, Kris did not change at all and still good looking. The only thing that’s different is his ash blond hair, that used to be in curtain haircut back in elementary, is now neatly styled in brushed up. With Chanyeol, a lot has changed — or Kris just thinks that because of his hair and his body.

Kris looking from afar, Chanyeol transforms into something beautiful when his glasses are removed. He has thin brows, long lashes, pretty long bridge of nose, pouty pink lips and now his sparkling-round-doll-eyes are visible to be seen. Kris admits Chanyeol is gorgeous.

It is unsure if the boy is aware that he is being observed by the president of the student body.

Kris does not know if Chanyeol is dating anybody. There is no time he is not with Min and Shen. He effectively made a new set of trio with them, but Kris has been stuck with himself alone and only with someone if he has a girlfriend.

 

✿✿✿

 

One of Kris daily routine at the academy as the School Representative is patrolling. Accidentally, he will learn a secret on one of those days he is doing that.

 

✿✿✿

 

It is noon when a pair of boys pass his hawk eyes. They are walking hand in hand carefully as if they are eloping lovers. Whatever they are planning Kris knows it is not something that will abide by the law.

He goes after them as silent as he could and even when they enter a building, which is abandoned and old. He lost his trail to them as he comes there as well inside.

He roams around the building, looking left and right for a sign of mischievous teens. Then, he heard a muffled noise and it sounds inappropriate. He knew it.

Rushing while he’s in tiptoe, he follows the noise until it becomes audible. The pair is inside a room that has no door. He slowly comes near the entrance and there he sees the boys are making out.

He has never seen anything like this before. He knows the existence of homouals but seeing them live in action is unbelievable to him.

The one sitting on a dusty desk has a female curve yet he is absolutely a boy with his uniform and flat chest. He pulls the taller and more masculine boy closer to him with his arms wrapped around the neck. They are particularly the feminine boy.

They turn sideways giving Kris an opportunity to see this sinful couple’s faces. Their tongues tangle and they deliciously devour each other. A flood of sweats drops on Kris' forehead as he watches them do their thing, blank of what to do next if he will continue watching them or leave. But, he wants to stop them because this is terribly wrong. Why does he think it’s wrong though? They are just lovers with the same gender and feel pure love to each other.

The masculine boy, who has a black hair that cut in simple short, runs his hand from the other male’s chest to his lower part and makes him startle on his seat. That causes their faces to move apart.

“No, Min, I told you, we’re too young for that.” The feminine looking boy with curly brown hair said with his face all flushed and red lips are swollen. He is Chanyeol.

“I’m sorry, babe.” He leans again to the other kissing him on the forehead. “I can’t help it because you’re too hot.”

Before Kris could gasp to what did he find out, he blocks his mouth with his hand. His eyes widen. He steps back, unluckily, stepping on a piece of stone. The pair is alarmed.

The student president hurriedly runs and hides himself to the other side of the wall. From there, he senses Chanyeol and Min move to the entrance.

“Is that Shen?”  That is Chanyeol’s voice.

“I don’t know. She shouldn’t hide herself since she knows that we’re doing this anywa —ouch! Why?”

“I just remember you shamefully did this to me in front of her yesterday.”

“And, what’s wrong?”

“It’s so embarrassing!”

“Whatever. Let’s continue because maybe it’s not her and merely a rat or something.”

Kris hears their footsteps going back to the room and Chanyeol is there again.

 

He cannot believe his childhood friend will turn to this… to a gay. What happens to Chanyeol's feelings with Summer? All Kris knows is Chanyeol is not the Chanyeol he knows before.

What this person keeps doing is really wrong, however, he feels sudden arousal. Is it because they look hot? Or, is it because Chanyeol doing it? Oh my God, it seems the show breaks him.

He needs to go now. His emotion is in between disgusted and stimulated.

 

✿✿✿

 

The next day Kris is bothered by what he saw that causes his eyes and body not to rest properly last night. He hides any evidence of his tired eyes by wearing thick-framed-rectangular glasses, sitting at his seat in the front near the window. He looks outside and that is not a good idea because sun stings to his dreadful sight. Alternatively, he scans the English Literature book on his table, the same time the familiar laughter completely ruins his morning.

He slightly looks at the group who just entered inside their classroom. ‘Sigh’ It was very ill-fated he is in the same class with Chanyeol and his group. He almost forgot about that.

Shen is loud as always, not new that Kris is totally annoyed to her, and now Chanyeol and Min are an eyesore to him too. In the middle of the class discussion, he cannot help glimpsing at their direction and the only time he discovers the couple is so touchy to each other, not a single period stops their playful movements. He wonders if they are like that from the beginning. Seeing their habit doesn’t stop Kris’ brow from rising as he ogles at them.

“Mr. Wu and Mr. Park.” Kris’ focus shifts into their Homeroom teacher who sits at his desk in front of the class. The teacher gestures his hand and asking for both of them come closer to him. Kris and Chanyeol are obliged.

Their Homeroom teacher stares at them sternly but that’s what he typically gives to everyone. He pulls two pink envelopes from his drawer and passes it to each of them.

He says, “Someone from Germany mailed those letters for both of you and addressed to our school.”

Kris and Chanyeol certainly know who the sender is, looking at each other with stun faces. Obviously, it’s…

“Summer.”

 

To be continued…

 

A/N:

Ayo waddup guys! I'm really really sorry for not updating this at the right time. If there's someone special for me who's asking for quality time, do you think I can refuse him? *blushing* This is pretty embarrassing but I hope you understand. Btw, I posted two chapters to pay my absence and Unni made me Chanyeol's fanart on our baby's Birthday. What do you think of the story so far? If you see some errors, my apologies again. I'll check on the mistakes some other time. See ya again!