our kind of forever

oneshots ; bts x red velvet ; it was you all along

starring - taehyung x irene

warning - this is so short omfg sorry


“you should come and find me in our next life, okay?”

 

he nods- as his tears starting to crawl down his skin. she, too, smiles softly behind her tears.

 

the pieces of the car they rode before are scattered everywhere. they are both covered with bloods, too. he sobs harder when he sees her slowly closing her eyes- for good.

 

he uses all the strength left in him to grab her little fingers in his hand, for the last time, before muttering a simple sentence that he hopes- will come true one day- somewhere far, far away in the future.

 

“let’s meet again, joohyun ah.”

 

-

 

present time, 300 years later

 

“hello.” she smiles gracefully. “my name is bae joohyun. and you are?”

 

“-kim taehyung.” he merely mutters- eyes not leaving hers.

 

he was dumbfounded when he saw her figure entering his house. what did he exactly did in his past life for him to deserve such a beautiful future wife like this?

 

“y-you are my-”

 

“-yes.” she smiles. and god- her smile is out of this world.

 

“you’re beautiful, joohyun-shi.”

 

she blushed at his simple yet sweet words. “well i could say the same to you, taehyung-shi.”

 

“i am beautiful too?” she cracks into laughter at his attempt to make jokes. “no. you’re handsome, taehyung-shi. and your jokes are cute.”

 

he somehow has a feeling that this arranged marriage wouldn’t be as bad as he thought.

 

-

 

“let’s meet again, joohyun ah.”

 

she opens her eyes- only to see a mini chandelier hanging on the ceiling. and she could also hear his steady breathing behind her ears- with his hands tightly wrapped around her waist, securing her petite body against his chest.

 

what was that?

 

she swore she heard his voice- in that mysterious dream. wait- is it even a dream? she is dead curious and confused at that moment.

 

“taehyung-”

 

she whispers softly- as she could hear his faint snores, signalling that he is still deep asleep. she held his hand tight before rubbing it against hers- smiling.

 

“-i guess we are fated to be.”

 

-

 

“i’m sorry, taehyung. i’m so sorry-”

 

it was negative again- and she can’t help but to blame herself. it has been three years since their marriage yet she is still not managed to get pregnant. it hurts her a lot, seeing how her friends who gets married way later before her, yet already having children. but not her.

 

she feels so bad towards taehyung. she knows how badly he wants a child, yet as a woman, and as a wife- she still couldn’t afford it.

 

“shh.” he pulls her against his chest, before soothing her hair gently. his shirt starts to get wet as she sobs hard against his chest, yet he didn’t mind at all.

 

“i love you.” he gently press a kiss on her forehead- making her to sigh in relief as she stops sobbing.

 

“i love you for who you are.”

 

“i just- love you. so much.”

 

-

 

“what should we name him?”

 

joohyun’s tears can’t stop flowing. she feels like the happiest woman on earth, with her now two favorite boys. “taehyung-” she calls him, breathless, as her tears are choking her breath.

 

“we should name him taehyung? but that’s my name-”

 

“-no, you silly!” she laughs behind her tears. “-thank you.”

 

“hmm?”

 

“thank you for everything, absolutely everything.”

 

-

 

“you should come and find me in our next life, okay?”

“let’s meet again, joohyun ah.”

 

her dream was real after all. here they are- laying on the cold road, covered with bloods.

 

“taehyung?”

 

this time- he was the one who left first- for good. she used all her strength left to grab his cold fingers in hers before entangling them together.

 

“you really did find me in this life.” she muttered, smiling- as her breathing gets heavier. “make sure to find me again in our next life, okay? i’ll be waiting.”

 

with that- she closed her eyes and left- for good.

 

looks like this is their kind of forever :')


[fin]

 

ayyyyy im backkk! exam is over woohooo! and im giving back the spotlight of this story to our beloved taehyung and irene :') and oh- im in the middle of writing wenga, seulmin and jungri so stay tuneeee!