Closer

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji POV

 

I returned to heaven and I saw Naeun waiting for me at the gate. After that incident on the rooftop where she saw Chorong kissing Bomi she stayed on her room for quite a while, refusing to talk to anybody at the moment. Yes. There were also rooms for angels in heaven. In there, they can spend some alone time with themselves. To reflect or to just do nothing. I remembered how I would force her to go out and talk to other angels but she never did.

 

Eversince the first time she took her first step in heaven. A lot of angels were already attracted to her. I must admit, that wings of her really suits her. It's still not a month since she came in here but a lot of angels were already asking her out. Based on what I heard, she was second as the most sought angel. Of course, I am the first place. She went closer to me with her arms folded on her chest. Her puffy cheeks showed that she's really angry right now.

"You're so unfair, how could you get down on earth as if nothing while I'm stuck here just staring at you guys while talking." Her brows where furrowed but I still think that she's kinda cute. Somehow I was able to get closer to her and obtained her trust during the time she was depressed that her beloved Bomi was kissed by her sister.

  

FLASHBACK( a day before the office incident)

 

"Naeun-ah! Open the door!! You've been staying there for two earth days already!! Come out!" I banged the door in her room but was only met by dead silence. Naeun had been staying there for too long already. Her stalker fan-angels were begging me to asked her to go out since they were worried about her. I got enough of their pleading so I decided to confront this depressed angel.

"You know that I can use my authority to crush this freaking door right!?" I continued to knocked but she still gave me the silent treatment.

"Ok that's it! If you won't open this door this instant, I'll force my way in. I'm giving you 3 seconds Naeun!"

1!

2!

3!

I was about to tackle my way in but at the same time she decided to open it. I saw her with the crown of her head facing me. She was hiding her face and I think I know the reason why.

"You've been crying all this time am I right?" I tried to reached for her but she took a step back. It was awkward for the both of us so I asked her if I could go inside.

"Would you mind letting me in?" 

She didn't answer but gave way for me to step on her room.

I closed the door and faced her straightly. To be honest, I don't even know what I'm supposed to tell her. Should I say 'It's alright.' Or should I say 'Let it all out'. I was still contemplating what to say when she decided to speak to me. She lifted her head that was looking down for quite a while now. Her eyes were red and swollen just as I thought.

"You knew it right? From the beginning you knew what Chorong-unnie plans right?" 

With that look in her eyes how can I possibly lie to her. Of course I knew. I knew that Chorong was plotting something from the very beginning. I knew that she hated Bomi because of Naeun but I also know that something changed her when she went down to earth.

"You knew that Chorong really treasures you right?" I didn't respond to her question but instead gave her another one.

"Then why is she doing this? She knew that I like Bomi. That I've liked her ever since we were kids. Is she purposely doing all this?" 

I patted her head and gave her a smile.

"For Chorong, you were her most precious sister. If anyone is hurting right now. It is her. But it's just the beginning Naeun-ah. I'm not supposed to tell you this. But tomorrow, you will hear everything personally from her. Trust me ok?" 

Somehow I was able to calm her down. She reached for me and enveloped me in a tight hug. If I remember correctly this was now the second time that she hugged me. The first was because of joy. And now because of sadness. I wonder when would be the next?

After that Naeun went out of her room. But instead of talking with other angels she remained clinging at my side. Although I think it's a little bit bothersome, I prefer having a clinging angel who doesn't talk than those noisy fan of hers who were constantly asking me. With Naeun by my side, they thought that Naeun likes me so they somehow took their distance off.

 

PRESENT

 

"You can't blame me for that. This is the advantage of being a head angel. Besides it's not nothing when I go there. It also drains my power you know." I patted her head like usual. Somehow I have gotten used with Naeun at my side. After Chorong left, I was the only angel that she likes talking to. Maybe because the others were freaking her out since they were crazy stalkers following her.

She swatted my hand and gave me her deathly glare. If angels could still die I think I'm probably dead by now.

"Yah! Eunji-unnie! How could you possibly leave me like that. We were just w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter