Switch

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHORONG POV

 

The night was young. Bomi and I was sitting on her bed. The only light was from the moon that illuminates through the curtain of the room. The crickets were chirping and the dead silence was ringing on my ears. Both of us refuse to talk but we know that we were thinking the same thing.

"Do you really want to do this?" I ask, broking the deafening silence that engulf the whole room.

"Is it fine with you?" She ask back.

I didn't respond but scooted closer to her. I place my hand on her cheeks and gave a warm smile. She was looking away and the mark of pain was evident on her eyes.

"I really hate myself for loving you, you know that?" 

She glance at me as I say those words. Her eyes were glistening and the light from the moon was adding to the sparkling eyes she had.

"I'm also starting to hate that I fell for you." She responded.

She cupped my hand that was holding her cheek and close her eyes for a moment. 

"After this night, if I ask you to forget about me, will you do it?" 

She opened her eyes and her hand that was holding mine travelled on my wrist. She gripped on it tightly and pulled me closer to her. Our faces were inches away and I can feel her breathing on my lips.

"No. I hate the idea of falling for you cause I know that there's no escape to this separation. But I will never forget you." 

I smiled at her words and can't help but feel more guilt as the memories of wanting to kill her came flashing back.

I snake my arms on her neck and let myself fall on her arms.

"I don't deserve your love and I also don't have the right to love you. But why do you still love me? We barely know each other and I even attempted to kill you."

I felt her hands circling on my waist. She was staring deep and I was also the same.

"Because you're my angel that the heavens gave me. You may not have wings but to me you are the most beautiful angel. And you only belong to me."

I leaned closer to her and lock our lips. Her lips was so addicting. The first time I tasted them it was only to make Naeun jealous but at the same time, I already felt the spark that most people was talking about.

I tilted my head to deepen the kiss. I already kissed her for a few times but I kept wanting for more.

Bomi back off a bit and broke our lip lock.

"Tell me, after this night what do you intend to do?" 

She place one of her hands that was on my waist on my head. Running it through the long, black locks.

"I'll return to heaven and stay there for good." I answered with a cheerful tone to hide the sadness but Bomi seems to pick up the hidden emotion.

"Don't you want to stay with me?" The persuasion on her voice was evident but traces of emptiness is also mark.

"We've talked about this earlier, it'll only make things harder if we prolong to be with each other." 

She didn't respond but kissed me instead. She pushed me on the bed and changed our position.

Her kiss was different from earlier it was more aggressive and the taste of her is lingering on my lips.

She nibbled on my lower lip and I accepted her openly.

I can feel her tongue swirling on mine and I moaned from the sudden surge of electricity running through my nerves.

"Mmmm. B-bom-ahh." I let out in deep breaths.

I felt a warm liquid drop on my cheeks travelling to my chin. I wasn't cry but what is this? I slightly opened my eyes and caught a glimpse of the flowing tears from Bomi's eyes. She was kissing me passionately and yet she was crying this hard.

I pushed her off of me and she opened her eyes with questioning look.

"Yah. How can we do this if you're crying that hard?" I chuckled in disbelief.

"B-but." She sobbed harder and yet I find it so amusing. 

I flicked her head and planted a quick peck on her lips.

"There. There. Don't cry. It makes me feel bad." I patted her head and smiled warmly.

She sniffed with all her might and wiped all the tears on her cheeks. She gave a wide grin but it was too force that I laugh at the sight.

"Hahahahaha! What's with that? You look like a zombie with a planted smile on the face." I wiped the tears cause by laughing too hard and glance at her.

"Now what's with that creepy smile?" I asked.

"Pretty."

"What?" I said confusedly.

"Your smile is pretty." She clarified.

I blushed at her words and turned my back at her. The covers of the bed wrinkled as I took the turn from her.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of hands wrapping me in a tight back hug.

"Rongie~"

I turned my head at her but she twisted them back at the front.

"What did you just call me?" 

"You're my rongie~" She repeated.

"You're weird. Bbom-ah."

There was silence again but a comfortable one.

I felt a deep sigh coming from this girl at my back and I smiled from the thought.

"Why did we have to meet like this?" She suddenly asked.

"Do you prefer another kind of life for us then?" I asked back.

"We can be princesses from another country. Or two high school student who met each other on the way to school." She paused.

"Businesswomen would also be good, or a teacher and a student." I continued where she left off.

"Teacher and student? That's weird. I prefer a doctor and a patient. A police and criminal is pretty cool too." 

"Police and criminal? Then, you be the criminal." I chuckled.

"Nope. You're the criminal. You stole my heart." She said cheesily.

I facepalmed at her words, shaking my head disapprovingly.

"Well then, whatever you want kid." I surrendered.

"If we were one of those, and we end up separating again what would you do?" I asked.

"Isn't that obvious? Of course I'll look for you. Wherever you are or how far it maybe. I'll look for you."

I smiled at her response.

"What if I worked overseas and you were force to stay here. What would you do?" I asked again.

"Then I'll wait for you. No matter how long. I'll definitely wait for you." She quickly answered.

"Ooohh. Smooth-talker." I teased at her disbelievingly.

"What? It's true!" She argued again. I chuckled. She really likes arguing with me huh.

"Everything is easier with that right?" I asked rhetorically.

She didn't respond but I felt her lips touched the crook of my neck. She was trailing kisses and I tilted my head to give her more access.

"You're starting again." I mumbled.

"What of it?" She whispered on my ears and gave a long .

I shivered at the contact and let out a deep breath.

"Do you know how many times you've started that and yet ended up crying instead?" I said annoyingly. 

"You're such a tease you know that?" I added. 

"I wanted this to be a memorable night for the both of us." 

After saying that, I felt a hand travelling under my shirt. It slid upward but I was able to catch it before it could proceed to inappropriate areas.

"It can be memorable without doing this." I raised a brow at her and she retracted her hand.

"You're not taking literally the meaning of 'sleep' right?"

"Nope. But, I prefer sleeping than doing this."

"Ohhoo. What happened to the aggressive Chorong that kept on pouncing on me huh?" 

I scoffed at her question and gave her daggering glares.

"If I'm in the mood I already pounce on you after taking a step in this room." I bicker, giving a slight nudge on her side.

"Fine.Fine. Then, what do you want to do?" She questioned.

" I want to sleep." 

"You're kidding right?"

"Nope. I really want to sleep."

"Liar. Angels don't sleep. Though you're a half, I know you don't. Instead, you want me to sleep right?"

"Sharp. And why do you think do I want that?" 

"Because you're going to leave once I sleep."

I laugh at her response. I remove the hands that were embracing me and face her.

"Once you wake up from that sleep, pretend that everything was just a dream." I cupped both of her cheeks and smiled lovingly.

"I don't wanna." She turned her head to the side and pouted.

"Then should I hit you dead till you fell asleep?" 

Suddenly, her eyes began to water and soon droplets of tear began to fall.

"Yah! What are you a kid? Why are you crying at such a threat? I'm just kidding you know." I panicked and immediately wipe her tears.

"It's not that. Why are you like that? You said you love me but why are you so eager to leave?" 

My heart began to ache at her words. If you just knew how painful it is for me to do this. How painful to pretend that everything's fine when it's not. Just being with you like this is so painful that I wanted to leave immediately. But I don't want to leave you. I wanted to stay. Stay here beside you but I can't! 

I wanted to scream those words out but I prefer to digest them.

"Do you know why I accepted your request to sleep here with you?" I asked.

"Should I answer that in a erted way?" She grinned.

"Fine. Nevermind." I scoffed and folded my arms in annoyance.

"Geez. I was just kidding. Enlighten this crying girl then." She took my hands and intertwined them with hers.

"I'm doing myself a favor." I look at her hand and gave a gentle squeeze on it.

"A favor?" 

"Our date was suppose to be the end of our meeting, but you asked me to be with you a little longer." 

"I know that it will make our separation harder but...

can I be selfish for once?"

As I say those words, Bomi pulled me in a tight hug and rub my back gently.

"I understand. Then, we'll stay like this until the sun comes, ok?" 

I nodded as a response.

"Do you promise to stay until dawn?"

"Mmmm."

"Really?"

"Of course."

I returned the hug and closed my eyes gently as the warmth of her body travelled on my own skin.

After a few hours, a heard a faint sound of snoring coming from this girl leaning on my shoulders.

"You finally fell asleep huh?" 

I removed Bomi from leaning on me and tucked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter