Date

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji POV

 

I heaved a deep sigh upon returning from Earth. I just wish that the Council wouldn't find out the fact that I descended from heaven. It was tiring and all I wanted was a breather from all these thoughts. Now, all we can do is to wait for the right time where Bomi can decide on her own.

"Eunji-unnie"

I turned to my left and saw Naeun staring at me with a worried face. I took my steps closer to her and gave a peck on her cheeks.

"Hey, Naeun-ah. Were you waiting for me?" I gave her my usual bright smile to remove the worried look on her face. I know what she was thinking and I'd be lying if I say I'm not bearing the same thoughts as her.

"Is it fine to leave everything like that?" The frown on her face was still not removed and she heave a sigh deeper than what I had a while ago.

"Aigoo. You know that it's the best we can do. To give a slight push and that's it. The forgiveness and guilt will be dealt by the both of them." I answered as a comfort. Although I too, wasn't very sure of what I said.

Naeun let out another sigh and I can't help but chuckle at this depressing atmosphere we had.

"Naeun-ah. Shall we go to the park?"

"Want to relax?" She verified.

"Mmm. Yeah. Kinda. I felt tired using a lot of powers."

"Then, let's go." 

She tugged my arm and we walk hand and hand to the place where a lot of angels were also hanging out.

We chose a spot secluded from the rest and settled comfortably. Naeun was seating and I was lying on her lap. We just rested quietly before Naeun decided to speak.

"You were really worried about Chorong-Unnie, aren't you?" She caressed my hair and played with them as she speak.

"Of course. She's the only close friend that I have here in heaven. And she was also the one who save me." I paused.

"Are you jealous?" I continued.

"No. I'm grateful, actually. It's like you're the one repaying my debts on her." She smiled forcibly.

"You know it wasn't like that. It's because she treasures you a lot."

"If she just didn't treasure me like that then.."

"Naeun. Don't blame yourself. Aren't you the one who taught me that?" 

It was still fresh on my memories. Everything that Chorong told me.  Although I was still a kid  back then, I was able to understand what Chorong-unnie meant years ago.

 

FLASHBACK ( when Eunji and Chorong just met)

 

"Hey. Why are you still here?"  

It was still the usual scenario where I would stick on Chorong's side wherever she goes.

"Why? Don't you like me being here?"

"No. I like it actually. But you're not an angel yet. You don't have wings. So, you don't belong here." I said frankly. I was still a kid and words just seems to slip off easily on my mouth.

"I don't belong here huh, then, where do I belong?" She replied without looking at me. It was the same scene, where she would stare at her little sister from Earth playing with another kid.

"You're supposed to be on Earth. You want to play with her too right? Then you should return." 

She took her eyes off on Naeun and smiled at me.

"The Head Angels told me the same. But I like it here. I can look after her as much as I want. I have a weak body and even if I return, I can't play with her. Also I..." She paused at her words and returned her gazed to her little sister.

"The other angels said that I'm cute and unique. They said they want me here. Shouldn't I stay?" She didn't continue what she was suppose to say and changed to another topic.

"But you still have the opportunity to go back. Unlike me, you still have the chance."

"Say, I heard that your parents abandoned you. Don't you hate them for that? You know, We're somehow the same. I'm also not a child from a legal husband. I was also unwanted but unlike you, they gave me the chance to see the world. To meet Naeun, that was my greatest happiness. But if her happiness is somewhere else, then it's fine. I'm not blaming her." She turned to me and patted my head. That was the first time someone did that to me. I like it. It feels like that person is looking out for you and cherishes you.

"You said that I have a chance, but does chance even matter if you don't have a purpose? What is there to take if nothing is there anymore?"

I paused at her words. They were deep and yet somehow I can feel what they meant.

"Eunji. Did you know what happened that night? The night before I came here?" I shook my head at her, wanting for her to continue.

She smiled at me and shifted her gaze back at Naeun.

I listened intently at her story. And at that moment, I felt the need to help her. The need to help someone important to me. But because of that, I made that mistake. But never will I blame Chorong for what happened, after all it was mine to take.

 

PRESENT

 

"Chorong was my first love. Just like you with Bomi. We just wanted what's best for them. Wasn't that why you ask Chorong to help Bomi? This chain is really unbelievable isn't it? But it will also end, my end was with you Naeun-ah. I'm so happy that I met you. I never thought that you would forgive me; but when you did, I was the happiest angel here in heaven." 

I glance at her and I saw her chuckle from what I said.

"Yah! I was cheering you up, you know!" I pouted.

"Yeah. I know. But I can't help but cringe with that cheesiness." She rolled her eyes and I puffed my cheeks in annoyance.

"Hey. What's with that face? Fine. Here." She leaned closer and gave a smooch on my pouting lips.

"Better?"

"Nope. Not enough." I close my eyes and waited for her to leaned in. 

"Well, I aren't you taking too much Ms. Jung~"

"Nope. I'm not." I grabbed her neck amd kiss her longer this time. If only Chorong and Bomi could have this ending, me and Naeun will be the most delighted for them.

 

BOMI POV

 

It's been three days since the last talk between me and Chorong. Today is the day when I'll get discharge from the hospital after that attempted "suicide" people were referring to. 

"Yes. No need to fetch me. I'll go home on my own. Don't worry about me, it's just a simple wound. Yes. Yes. I know. Bye."

I inserted my phone on the left pocket of my coat and took the duffel bag with me.

Seriously, they were being too paranoid. It's not like I injured my knee that I'm not able to walk home. I took a turn on one of the hallways of the hospital and entered the room where I've been frequently visiting for the last three days.

There was no one in the room but a bouquet of flowers was on the table. I look at the card and saw that it was from her mother. So, she was still visiting her huh. I stared at the sleeping girl and can't help but notice how pale her face was. Of course. It wasn't just days, months, but it was years.

I glance at my watch. 12:30 pm. I still have 30 minutes more. I better drop my things at home so I can arrived on time.

 

FLASHBACK

 

"Nephelims is just a myth Bbom-ah. I'm not a half-angel because I was an offspring between two kinds, I'm a half because I'm considered half-dead and half-alive." 

I stood frozen at her words. It took me a minute before I gave a response but everything just seems so confusing.

"T-then, you can go back right? You can still l-live." I stuttered

She shook her head and gave me a sad smile. 

"It's not that easy. If it was, then I'm probably not here."

She went closer to me and gave me a hug.

"It's a very long story and you just got back from a long sleep. After your discharge, shall we have a date?" 

"D-date?" I blush from the thought and her hug is adding to the fuel.

"Mmm. I want to visit an Oceanarium. It was my dream since I was a child but I wasn't able to."

She broke the hug and smiled brightly at me.

"So, are you coming?"

I chuckled at her question.

"Do you even have to ask?"

 

PRESENT

 

I dropped my bag on the bed and prepared myself on leaving. We decided to meet at a park nearby and we'll proceed to the aquarium she wants to visit. The park was a 10 minutes walk from my home so I decided not to take a car with me. 

My heart was beating frantically on the thought of the date and I can't seem to calm down. Seriously, why am I like this?

In just a blink, I didn't realize that I was already at our meeting place. I turned my head left and right looking for her but she was nowhere in sight. Where is she? Did I arrive to early? I glance at my watch but the surroundings suddenly turned pitch black. I felt a pair of hands covering my eyes and I chuckled at how childish this person could be.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter