Trial

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji POV

 

It was already that time of the day. I heard a loud sound of bells ringing on every part of heaven, signaling that an important news will be announced to all angels in heaven. I heaved a sigh and opened the door of my room. It's been a while since I last entered this room. After meeting Chorong-unnie, never I had returned to this room again. Maybe it was best if I didn't left this room in the first place. But if I didn't, I would have never met Chorong-unnie and became who I was now. It was a great experience and all of that was enough for me. But I admit, I must have the worst luck on everything huh. Not being able to experience a life on Earth and my life in heaven was all spent for the day that I will pay my mistakes. Happiness. I just wanted to experience that word. When I met Chorong-unnie I thought I would be happy but..

I guess happiness isn't for me after all. I should've just let everything go and ignored my hatred and yet the happiness that was already within my grasp flew away just before I could touch it.  It's just a pity that I won't be able to see what will happen after this judgment ends. It's also a pity that I won't be able to see Naeun's smiles anymore. Those smiles I don't deserve those bright smiles. She just don't belong to me. 

Upon leaving the room, I saw Chorong-unnie waiting for me outside. It was my last day and I told her that I wanted to return to my room for just a couple of hours. I thought that she already left but I guess I was wrong.

"Unnie." I called for her.

She walked closer to me and gave me a tight hug. I returned the hug and clenched a part of her clothes to gain some strength that I needed.

"Eunji-ah. I--"

"Stop. If you're just going to apologize forget it. I already told you it was my decision." I broke the hug and both of us headed to the punishing grounds. We walked our different paths and prepared ourselves for what will happen next.

The Chief angel was sitting at the chair of clouds at the middle of the crowd of angels. The head angels were all lined up at the back of the chief angel serving as his adviser for the judgment. How funny. I'm supposed to be one of them and yet here I am the one who is in verdict. I took a deep breath and took a step to prepare myself for what was coming next.

 

CHORONG POV

 

The time has finally come and Eunji was standing at the middle of all these angels. Naeun was at my side and after what I told her yesterday she still kept mum from everything. I expected her not to attend this trial but looks like she wants to see everything till the end.

*tock* *tock*

The hammer that signals the start of the ceremony echoed from everywhere. The murmurs of the other angels were increasing and it really irk my patience. These angels used to adore Eunji a lot yet now, all of them are gossiping about how a high class angel suddenly became a cheap one.

I felt a gentle touch of hand on my shoulder and I saw Naeun staring intently at Eunji. I know what she feels so I just decided to stay mum and focus on the trial.

The chief angel stood up and face Eunji with deathly glares.

"Head Angel Jung Eunji. You violated the most frightening taboo that shouldn't be done by an angel. I, as chief angel of heaven will punish you as what was written on our law. The punishment for killing a human will result with the guilty being thrown on the pits of nothingness and shall not return forever. Therefore I---" 

"STOP!!!" The chief angel was interrupted on his words and all of the angels present on the trial look at the direction of the voice. That voice was really familiar that I can't be possibly mistaken. But what the actual !?

"Bomi-unnie!" Naeun shouted to the girl who was wearing a white cloak and was disguise amidst all angels.

"Naeun! What the heck!? Why is she here? You can't possibly-?" I bombarded Naeun with questions but she just smiled at me.

"You! Who are you? You are not an angel based on what I see. Who gave you the permission to enter here?" The chief angel pointed his staff at Bomi and was definitely enraged. Being an angel for a long time I know that what the chief angel hates the most was being interrupted when he is talking.

Naeun walked bravely to the chief angel and bowed to him with one of her knees on the ground.

'Seriously, what are they thinking? They're ruining everything!' I bit my nails agitatedly and stared at the unbelievable turn of events. I glance at Eunji and she was also it a state of shock of what was happening. Just how the hell did Naeun brought Bomi in here?

"My apologies Chief, my name is Son Naeun and I was the one who brought this human in this trial." 

Murmurs were heard everywhere and all the angels look at Naeun with eyes of displeased.

"You. Did you kill this girl?" The chief asked Naeun. I also wanted to ask the same question but I realized that she didn't. 

"No sir. This girl is not dead yet but is only in the verge of life and death." Naeun replied shortly.

"My name is Bomi, Mr Chief-Angel. And I am here to stop this trial." Bomi jumped out of nowhere and headed to the center of the angels. Now, Naeun, Eunji and Bomi were all facing the Chief Angel while I watched the events in front of me.

 

Third person POV

 

Flashback( when Chorong left Naeun after telling her everything)

 

Naeun was still frozen from shock, her mind was in a mess. Different words had been repeating on her mind.

'Eunji was the reason why Bomi lost her memories.

'Eunji was Bomi's half-sister.'

'Eunji was the cause of the death of Bomi's parent.'

But above them all, one sentence just truly stands out.

'Eunji will be killed tomorrow.'

She stood up and was about to look for the head angel but was stop when she heard a voice call her.

"Naeun-ah. Can you hear me?"

Naeun look at the person who was calling her from Earth and saw Bomi holding a sand box on her hand.

'Woah! She's pretty smart aren't she?'

Naeun stared at Bomi and waited for what she will asked. Looks like it's not a simple yes or no question this time since she prepared an extra wide box.

"Naeun-ah Is Chorong-unnie in there with you?" Bomi shouted from below. She was at her Mansion's garden sitting at the neatly trimmed grass with the box of sand in front of her.

Naeun may just be a new angel but she still possesses enough power to do this much. She traced on the sand.

'She was. But she just left and went to eunji-unnie.'

"I see." Bomi sighed dejectedly. It's been two days since she last saw the angel who suddenly kissed her and left without explaining herself. This was already driving her crazy so she decided to speak/communicate with Naeun instead since she was sure that Chorong or Eunji won't speak to her.

"I really

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter