Wings

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chorong POV

 

"Unnie?" I turned back as soon as I heard that voice. The voice that I really love to hear ever since I was a kid.

"Chorong-unnie!!" She came running to me with a pair of wide wings on her back.

"Na-naeun." I mumbled. She run towards my direction and hugged me tightly.

"Unnie!! I can't believe that I'm actually seeing you in person! Well, not as a person but as an angel now I guess." She broke the hugged and smiled sweetly at me.

"Oh right! Do you even remember me? It's been years right?" She frowned her eyebrows and looked at me for answers.

"Yes. Of course. How can I not remember my only sister." I patted her head and smiled at her.

Naeun was my stepsister. We were from different fathers but she treated me like her own sister. I was an illegitimate child and although I was hated by many, Naeun accepted me with loving arms. I was older than her. Yup. Our mother had a kid with someone before she got married and I was their offspring. Naeun and I met when we were kids. I guess she told our mother that she wants a sister but mother can't conceived a child anymore. That's when she decided to let us meet each other. I expected Naeun to hate me or loathe me but she didn't. She accepted our mother and me with kindness. She was a really precious sister to me. Until I fell sick and became an angel. 

I can't believe I am seeing her right now. She wasn't supposed to be here. My precious sister. 

"Wow! Unnie! So you can see everything from up here!" She excitedly said as she stared at the people from the streets.

"Yup. You can see everyone from here. I was constantly watching you from here too." I patted her head and smiled at her.

She hugged me again and squeezed me so tightly. 

"I knew you were watching and listening to me all this time. You're my only sister after all." 

"Oh? Unnie, then you probably know her right?" She blushed and avoided my gaze.

I clenched my fist and forced a smile when I remembered who she was talking about.

"Yeah. That Bomi girl right? You always mention her in your stories."

"Well. I do like her so..." Her cheeks were red and she looks really smitten.

Everyday Naeun would look at that Bomi girl from heaven. She would smile like a crazy fan watching her favorite band.

One day, Naeun came to me fidgeting like a little kid.

"Ummm. Unnie. Can I request for something?" 

"What is it Naeun-ah?"

"You're close with one of the head angels right?"

"Eunji? Yeah. Well kinda. What about it?"

"C-can you a-asked her if I could go down on earth for a b-bit?" She stuttered.

I widen my eyes upon hearing her request.

"It's that girl again right? Naeun-ah I don't want to say this but. You should stop that feelings of yours already. Because--"

"Unnie. I know. It's my feelings and fault not hers." 

"But Naeun-" 

"I-I just want to help her. She's suffering and I know her so.." She was about to cry and before that happens I stood up and dragged her hand to somewhere.

We arrived at a large golden door with a 'Head Angels' board written on it. I talked to the guards and asked for Eunji if she could come outside for a bit.

We talked for about an hour before arriving at a decision.

"Hmm. Well, we can give her an angel but it can't be you Naeun-ah." Eunji said in an apologetic voice before continuing.

"You are just a few weeks old angel. For you to come down, you need to have years of experience. Also, even if you do have. She probably can't see you. We only have one angel that can help her if you really insist." Eunji said and looked at my direction. I can see her smirk and it didn't need a genius to know what it was.

"Unnie. Please help me." Naeun gripped my hand and pleaded.

To be honest, I really hate this idea. But those look on Naeun eyes were making my stone heart crumble. It took me a few seconds before I gave

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter