Cat

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third person POV

 

It was sunrise and Bomi did not move an inch from where she was sitting. She was staring at Chorong beside her bed. Her eyes were obviously drooping but she didn't mind it. She was fighting her urge to sleep since she wants to be the first person whom Chorong will see after she wakes up. Bomi knows that she should be running or hiding from Chorong but somehow she wants to verify one thing to the older girl.

Bomi waited patiently and she can feel her own heart beating as she stared at the girl sleeping comfortably. 

A few minutes later Bomi saw Chorong's eyes fidgeting. Chorong opened her eyes slowly allowing it to adjust to the morning sun's brightness. Bomi immediately stood up and faced the just woken up girl causing the latter one to back away from her in surprise. 

"Where am I?" Chorong said almost inaudibly as she scanned the whole room. The last memory she had was that she was supposed to kill Bomi with a knife. With the sudden realization, Chorong sprung up and dashed towards the door. However Bomi was quicker than she thought and was immediately pinned down on the bed. Chorong was taken aback. She was supposed to be the one attacking the younger one but here she was trap tightly without mercy.

"What do you think you're doing? Shouldn't you be hiding from me since I'm supposed to be your killer? Chorong raised her eyebrows and asked in a sarcastic tone.

"You're supposed to be my killer but why did you even helped me get away from the attacker last night? You can let that guy kill me instead if you really wanted to kill me." Bomi trailed as she hold Chorong's wrist above her head in case she might do something crazy again.

"I would prefer killing you with my own two hands than let some other guy kill you. I agreed on Naeun's request to help you so I can put your death on my own to avenge my sister." The cold tone of Chorong was back and it was impossible to read her expression.

"Then those times that you tried to lay your hand on me was all for Naeun to hate you I supposed. You wanted her to hate you and the peak of it will be the moment you kill me right?" Bomi was confident on her deductions. She thought about it all night. And knowing how much Chorong loves her sister she knew that everything was for the younger girl.

"Hmm. Impressive. Looks like you spend the whole night thinking about it. That's right. So Naeun can have you in heaven I have to kill you. And I, of course , shall be sent to who knows where for killing you." Chorong tried to free her hands from Bomi's grip but she was too strong for her. The truth was, she had been trying to use her powers to remove Bomi from straddling her but she can't seem to use any.

' Looks like Eunji did something to me when she hit me last night. That kid, she might be younger but her powers where strong, after all she was one of the head angels. Considering the fact that I woke up at dawn it means that one of her spells were gone. But it looks like she did some more.'

"Then let me asked you something. You planned all of this yet at the time where the of your plan should happen. You didn't do it. You didn't kill me. Why?" Chorong paused at Bomi's question. Why? She had been asking herself the same question. Why? She was about to the knife on when she told her all about Naeun but her arms stopped on its own. She was supposed to hate the younger girl and let Naeun be happy with her and yet. Why? Before they arrived at the office, she was already determined to execute everything but why? She felt sadness. Guilt. Confusion. She was hurt. Somewhere in her heart. She wasn't able do it. What is it? What's bugging her so much?

"Why didn't you kill me?" Bomi repeated. To be honest, Bomi didn't knew that Chorong stopped on her own. She only learned it from Eunji. When she heard that, she had been dying to hear the girl in her grasp with explanation. A part of her was hoping for something. And yet she didn't know what it was.

"I-I don't know." Chorong mumbled and looked at Bomi's eyes. The same feeling was back. The feeling she had when they were at the office. No. Not only that time. During the 'thunder' incident, she also felt a little bit of this feeling. The times where she would pounce on Bomi the same feeling was strong. What it was she don't know. Or she knew yet she refused to recognize it.

Bomi furrowed her brows at Chorong's answer. She was confused and Chorong's answer was making her already confused mind turn into a maze.

A faint knock was heard on the door. Followed by the voice of Bomi's maid telling her that breakfast was ready. Suddenly, Bomi's stomach grumbled and the intense staring battle between the two broke. Chorong scoffed at Bomi's unbelievable stomach. She just heard food and it automatically responded to it. For now, Chorong decided to postpone her plan to kill Bomi until she finds out what was the thing preventing her from doing so.

"You can eat for now. I still don't know what's the answer to your question. But after I found out, you should prepare yourself." Chorong looked away still wearing the apathetic looked she had.

Bomi loosen her grip on Chorong and got off from her. 

"If you happen to find out that reason, meet me at the garden tonight at 7. I assume that's enough time for you to think. And if you still haven't found out the reason during that time. You can kill me without saying a word. Since I inflicted a lot of pain on you and Naeun. I deserve it anyway." And with that Bomi proceeded to the door and left, leaving the still dazed Chorong deep in thoughts.

Bomi ate her breakfast quietly which was unusual for her. She was hungry yet the appetite was not kicking in. Like Chorong she was also confused. She's not afraid that Chorong might kill her tonight. Actually, she's more afraid of what the angel would say about her reason of not killing Bomi. She wanted to hear something about Chorong and that was wacking her brain out. The day was too slow for Bomi and the last time she checked the clock it was only 12 noon. 7 hours to go. Bomi was at the living room lying lazily at the couch, the TV was on but her mind was not even focusing on what was showing. Suddenly, a mascot bear was flashed on the screen promoting some kind of a toy product. Bear.

Bomi remembered Eunji's last words to her. She should despise her. Why should she? Based from what she remembered she doesn't know someone called eunji. She just shrugged the idea from her mind and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter