Bear

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BOMI POV

I'm seriously sweating like crazy right now. With a sharp knife pointed at my throat. Am i going to live or am i going to die? I thought she was here to protect me? The little mermaid, was she referring to Naeun?

"Hey. Bomi did you remember the time you ran away from home?" Chorong removed her hands on my cheek and asked me with her emotionless tone. She was staring deep. And I can see the mark of hatred in her eyes. But deep those brown orbs, I can feel that something is bothering her. Something was preventing her from ing down the knife through my throat.

"If I remember correctly. It was when they told me to marry a certain someone from a wealthy family." I answered.

Wait? Don't tell me?

I widen my eyes from the realization.

"Is that person.." I trailed.

"That's right. That certain someone was Naeun. My beloved sister." She smirked. Although she was smiling. Somehow there is loneliness in her tone.

"Did you know? She was really happy when her parents told her the news. I was watching her from above and after so long she finally gave a genuine smile." She remove the knife at my throat and sat at the swivel chair where I sat a few moments ago.

I could've run away. But I didn't. Somehow there's a voice telling me to stay. To listen. The story that I've forgotten. The story that I wasn't able to hear. What happened when I ran away? Did I do something that I shouldn't have?

"That time Naeun wanted to see you. She thought that if both of you got engaged you'll remember her. You'll remember that you promised to stay by her side." She spun the knife in the air. With deep thoughts. She was tracing her memories with Naeun. I can see that she really treasured her. The pain in her eyes. I was wondering. Can angel's also shed tears?

She stopped swinging the knife and looked back at me.

"But you decided to run away. I expected her to give up. But you know what? She decided to looked for you. How naive. She could've just looked for another person to love. But she still chose you." She pointed the knife at my face. I should've flinch. But I didn't. The fear I had earlier suddenly vanish. Am I accepting my death right now?

I remained silent and listened to her words. I see. Naeun loves me. More than a friend. How can I be so blind?

"You were her first love. And you remain to be her last. But you know what makes me despise you most? It's the fact that even though she died. She continued to love you. She's in heaven but she still chose to love you."

The knife pointed to my face slowly went down. Down to the position of my heart.

"When you ran away, she looked for you all over the place. The playground that both of you used to play. She looked for you. But you couldn't have been there. Because you forgot. You forgot everything about her. Finally, one day she found where you lived. She was so excited. After so long, she can finally meet you. She was running. And was about to cross the street. And then..."

She stopped talking. She was just staring at the knife. Is she going to kill me now? Somehow, I didn't feel like running. With all the pain I inflicted on her and Naeun. I deserved it. I deserve to die.

"I saw it with my very own eyes. How she got hit by a truck. I'm in heaven, and I wasn't supposed to feel pain. But why does it hurt so much? Why does she have to die in place of someone like you!?" Soon tears slowly fell from her eyes. I see. So angels can cry too.

"I..I'm sorry." It was only thing I was able to say. It's the only thing I can say. If I can turn back the time. I wish I didn't run away.

"Sorry? Haha. How pathetic. If that sorry can fix everything I could've force you to say that in the first place." She tightened her grip at the knife. Slowly she raised it. She was going to kill me. I closed my eyes in preparation of my death and waited for it to lounge at my heart. But nothing happened.

*Silence*

I peek at her when I still haven't felt the sharp knife pierced my skin. 

"Now.Now. That's enough unnie." I heard a voice of a female coming from somewhere I looked all over the place and saw nothing but the two of us.

Suddenly, my favorite teddy bear came out of nowhere and stood on it's own.

Oh right. I brought my teddy with me since I was scared of what will happen tonight. Wait.

Did my teddy just stood on its own!?

My t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter