Hospital

Switch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bomi POV

 

I fluttered my eyes open allowing it to adjust to the morning sun's brightness. The first thing I saw was the white ceiling followed by a white curtain and walls painted in white. I roamed my eyes to the whole room and base on what I see, looks like I was in a hospital. The smell of alcohol and disinfectant was lingering on the whole room. I raised my arm and stared at the syringe connected on my arm. I winced when a sharp pain hit me from my left wrist. I glance where the pain was coming from and saw a bandage wrap tightly with the mark of fresh blood still seeping from the fabric.

"Young miss? How do you feel?" I looked at where the voice came from and saw the head maid of our family with a worried look plastered on her face.

I sat up and she help me adjust from my position. I heaved a sigh from the tiring movement. It's just sitting but it feels really heavy to move my body.

"Are you ok? Please wait here. I will call the doctor." She excused herself.

"No need. It's not that painful. It's just heavy moving my body. It feels like I've been lying for a long time." I joked to prevent the maid from worrying.

"Well, you ARE lying for quite a while. You've been asleep for a week. Please don't move as I call your doctor." She left the room leaving me in a daze from what she said. A week. I've been asleep for a week!? I saw my phone on the table beside my bed and check the date to verify if what I heard was true. Oh shoot. I really AM asleep for a week. After I entered that gate, I just followed a path with a small light in the end. Just as what Chorong said, I only focus on going back. My walk didn't even took an hour so I assume that I'll return the next day after I slit my wrist. Woah. Now that I think about it, I still can't believe that I was able to do that! The memories when I still was on heaven was still fresh on my mind. Everything feels like a dream and if I'm not lying here I would probably think that it was.

I notice my favorite bear beside me. I chuckled. The maid probably brought it here in case I woke up alone. I took the bear and squeeze it gently.

"I probably wouldn't do that if I were you." The bear suddenly spoke.

"WHAT THE!?" I threw it on the floor due to shock.

"Heeey. You don't have to throw me like that." The bear spoke again and stood up, brushing away the dirt that clinged on its fur.

"What the heck Eunji!? You scared me to death! Why are you here?" I clenched my chest still recovering from the shock.

"Yah! Is that what you should supposed to say to your sister who kindly came to visit you!?" Bear-eunji jumped from the floor and settled herself comfortably on my lap.

"Jeez. Fine. Thanks 'sis'" I rolled my eyes in annoyance emphasizing the last word.

"Pfft. It doesn't suit you. Just call me Eunji instead hahah" She chuckled as I blurted those words out.

"How are mom and dad in heaven?" I ask curiously. It's been a week and I'm worried about them.

"They're fine. They were watching you as you sleep. And they're probably watching us now." 

"Oh I see." 

There was silence between us. Honestly, I'm still a bit awkward at her. We've only talked for a few times and that's it. I wanted to ask a lot of thing but I don't know where to start.

"Hey Bomi." She broke the silence.

"What?"

"I'm sorry." 

"For what?"

"For everything." 

I chuckled.

"I already told you that you shouldn't apologize to me." 

"Still. I inflicted a lot of pain on you that's why.."

*SMACK*

"Ow! What was that for!? Just why the heck is everyone continuously smacking me?" She rubbed her teddy head and I found it amusing at how adorable she is.

"Oh? Was I not the first? It's because your head is smack-able hahah" 

"Sheesh. First it was Chorong-unnie. Second, it was Naeun. And now it's you. Just what the!? Do you guys have some telepathy or something?" She annoyingly said.

"Haha maybe we did. By the way, how's Naeun? Have you apologize to her?" I asked. Now that I think about it. Naeun was the person who took almost all the pain in this mess. That's the reason why I didn't had a second thought when she ask me to help Eunji. Well also, to be honest, I don't have any grudge on Eunji. When I heard she was the caused why my parents died, I felt a pang of pain and sorrow envelope me. It must've hurt her a lot to do something unthinkable like that. We were on the same shoes actually. I should feel sorry for my parents instead but I also don't have the right to judge Eunji.

"I already did. And speaking of Naeun, we.. ummm.. how should I say this?

Uh... we are..

together?" She stuttered.

"Eh!?" I exclaimed. 

"Already!? Wow! That was fast. I mean, really fast. Although, I already know that she likes you though." I chirped.

"Eh!? How did you--"

"It's obvious you pabo! Why would she even ask me to help you if she didn't like you anyway. If you just saw her face while she plead on asking me for help. Though, she really doesn't need to do that since I'd be more willing to help." Eunji glance at me and for some a reason, I think I just saw her sincere smile. Whether it was an imagination or not. I think she really likes Naeun.

"Ohhooo. So that's why Naeun doesn't have any feelings for me anymore. She fell in love with you huh." I poke the bear's back teasingly causing her to jump due to shock. She may be inside a bear but I know that she was blushing red.

"Yah! Stop it already!"

"Hahaha! Look at you, so smitten! And I thought you like Cho---" I stopped before I could say the next words. Just by saying her name, I suddenly remembered about the confession I told her. About her response and about how ambiguous everything is. If I could just have a clue about what she feels then somehow, it could ease this piercing pain.

"Haaaa.." I let out a deep sigh and Eunji probably saw right through me.

"Hey Bomi. Do you really love Chorong-unnie?" She suddenly asked.

I pause at her question, look down on my wounded wrist and gently touched the bandage area. I gave a force smile pondering about her question.

"I do. I really do. I am even willing to die for her. But it's so painful knowing that this love might just be one-sided." I lowered my gaze, preventing the stupid tear to fall.

"I see. But you know, it's not death that will measure how much you love some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter