Chapter 5: shield.

Infinite lifes

Im thinking of another story, but im going to continue this story too. No ideas..
Should i put in the exo's story soon??? Maybe i should. Do, kai and the vampire slayer kris would be in danger .

=====================

And so my phone is still cracked but i just use it anyway.

======================

I hurried to my white bettle after a sip of coffee for breakfast. I didnt sleep last night, as usual cuz i dont need sleep, and yona is all i could think of. Shes making my heart race like a deer running around crashing the walls of an enclosed space. I felt my heart aching more recently. She is really something.

I walked slowly to my vehicle when a jet black haired guy with black clothing walked past me with his shoulder slightly touch mine. I didnt care about him and continued my journey to my car.

I hurried to her house following the address that she gave me. Theres one hour left until the school bell rings. I made some turns on the road when i stopped at a greenlight with some dude infront of the line, not moving on purpose.
"Come on man! I dont have much time ! " i shouted and it seems like he heard it because he turn his head towards me and stuck out his tongue. In rage, i stomped out of the car, pull his whole car door out with my strength and his blood out without hesitation. Serves him right. No one saw what happened. I stomped bacj to my car and drove pass his car that was thrown to the other side if the road. Type-o blood. Very nice..
I looked into the mirror of my car when i saw a dark figure hiding behind a tree. It looks familiar. Like the black jacket guy that was outside my lawn just now. He didnt seem suspicious that time, but now he's freaking me out.

I erase the memory of him quickly so i wouldnt waste anymore time to yona's house. I changed my thoughts to yona rather than the black geared man. Thinking of her made the flowing blood in me boil up. I dont know what had happened to me. But losing her makes me sad. I stared at the package at the passenger seat that was soon yona's spot for today. Im going to be her personal driver to school which make me feel in glee.

I arrived her house forty minutes later. The Nawakiri ( yona's sir name ) residence is huge, but smaller than mine. They had a pet parrot with bright primary colours of feathers, and it was standing on a bird stand, legs buckled tight. I stepped out of my bettle and rang the door bell. Her parrot immediately echoed the door bell ringing on the top of its lungs.

The door opened and yona walked out smiling brightly as ever. I guess she woke up later since she dont need to catch the bus.
"Mornin !" Said yona.
" im at your service , yona. "
" good to know. "
We laughed together of the jokes we made. Pretty cheesy.
She sat in her seat : the passenger seat which contain the present. She picked it up and lookef at me with a confused face. Her facial expressions are always interesting.
"Open it " i said.
She was staring at me with opened wide.
"Is this for me?"
"Yeah. Its for leaving me ." I chuckled after stating the embarrassing words to her. Its strange when all the words i plotted yesterday didnt come out of my mouth and that crap came out instead.

She ripped open the wraping paper violently. The nike shined brightly in her eyes as i saw her eyes sparkled at the colour of the amazing nike air max that i bought. She looked at me, eyes wide; looked back to the shoe; and looked back to me again, paused.
She tilted her head towards my feet which i was wearing my nike flyknit air max. I bet she was asking lots of questions to herself like " where did you get all those money. ".
But i guess not because she asked me that question.
I shrugged without answering.

"I like the colour, im definitely going to wear it." She continued. I can see her ears started to turn red, and i felt happy at that momment. But the happy situation went down immediately when hear her mumble " its a bit hot in here " and i realized i havent start the engine.

I started the engine and let my bettle power up while i told yona to change into the shoes i gave her. She did it with a big smile on her face before she read the card i wrote to her.
" awwwww, kai your so sweet. Dont worry i wont forget you. In fact, i will annoy you more now in classes because ryu is in a different class.

We chatted on our journey to school and it soon was over when i parked my car at the carpark. Yona, wearing her new shoes sped off to find ryu leaving me behing at my car with just a few words.
"See you in class" cheerfully.

===============

I had lunch with exo, as usual without yona. It seems kris was absent because of his family business, according to d.o. Both of them seems close after the day that accident happened. Chanyeol and baekyun sat together as they still dont know their relationship was exposed already. I bet they were holding hands below the canteen table, but i gave up on them.
Luhan on the other hand joined me and d.o leaving those two lovebirds at the other side of the table. As we eat, we can still hear the girls fan girling about chan baek, shipping them but what they dont know is that they are already together, no nidda ship gurls....

"Hey kai, since when do you have fangs?"
What? Fangs? I always have them. Wait, no.no.
Did my fangs just revealed itself again?
D.o looked at me in shock but helped me answered luhan.
"He..um..is helping me with something and got the fake fangs stuck there, hey kai, lets go to the bathroom and let me try taking it out again."
D.o shot me with a few winks and rolling his eyes towards the bathroom.
"Ah, okay okay. Lets go."

We made our way to the bathroom without waiting for luhan's reply.
D.o looked at me confused.
"You still dont know how to control your fangs even after living for so many years? Learn how to do it man." D.o said.
"I dont know why it even stick out. Its been a long time since it did." I replied , flashbacking the morning i had with yona and continued : " does it stick out when your feelings change?"

"You were with yona this morning, so theres only one conclusion. You are in love with yona." D.o smirked, but then his face turned serious immediately." Let me warn you, kai. Vampires cant fall for mortals. It will slowly kill you, like a slow growing tumor."

"Thats not it, i wont fall for her!" I said, but i admit that i already did. My heart clenched and it hurt like hell. Knowing the fact that im an immortal makes me hate myself. Why cant i have a cool power called ' love a mortal' instead of having a power called 'get tumor when love a mortal.'

My fangs went back because of my sadness. My heart broke. But i decided not to care if i die. I have to love yona and make her mine no matter what.

We went back to join thw others.
"Oh, the fangs are gone, good for you kai." Said luhan with a cute expression as he smiled . His expression sooths me.

"Yeah, good for me" i smirked.
"Btw, i saw yona and this girl called ryu just now, they seemed close." Said chanyeol.
"Wooo, kai must be jealous~." Chanted baekhyun.
"No way, im not jealous of some girl. Shes just her best friend." I said.

"Kai, i dont think she should stick with the girl." D.o said suddenly. The atmosphere became silent.
"What, why? Just let her hang out with her, its her long waited friend." I said, almost shouted.

"That girl, i saw her with the popular gang. I dont think one from the populars would want to hang out with yona out of a sudden." D.o continued. I dont agree with him. Anyone can turn from good to bad.
"Whatever , i will talk to her about it." I dont mean it. Im letting her choose her own friend. Its her life and im nothing to her.

===========

We were having history class, the world most useless and boring class of all. I know everything already since i lived through the days.
Me and yona sat together; chanyeol and baekhyun ; D.o sat with his project partner ;leaving luhan and a nerd named watanabe. Luhan pouted almost the whole class while me and yona enjoyed the time laughing at him.

I noticed the nike i bought still kept clean on yona's feet which made me feel relieved. It suits her.
"Hey look at that , shes having same shoes as Kai. What a flirt."
What the did those girls just said. Whats wrong with her wearing the same shoe with me. I turned to them and stared them with a death glare. I turned back and wrote on a memo, then passed it to the girl.

U better ing stop talking about her or you will pay. And , if i hear any statements about her anywhere in the school, i will assume that you are the ones that started it.

The girls wore a shock expression on their faces and they nodded to me with tears at the side of their eyes thinking that they angered their idol.

[Yona's Pov]
I heard the girls behind me talking about me again, as usual. But i cant forgive them for dragging kai in. I kept my anger in to myself to prevent anymore of similar things happening.

I slightly turned to face kai, i noticed his mad face. I wonder whats his mad about. I hope he didnt hear what the girls just said.

I continue staring at him fron the sides. He turned to the back and turned back facing his table. I dont know what is he doing. He started writing something on his memo. I carefully leaned forward pretending to act like im listening but i was looking at the memo with my eyes sticking to its sides.

I looked at what he wrote, hes swearing in the paper just to stop the girls from talking about me.
He did it for me?
He finished writing and faced the girls giving them the memo. The girls showed terrified faces with him shotting a death glare at them.

I felt my ears and face heat up like im jumping, struggling from a heated pot. He's actually really really handsome from this angle. He's sweet too.
He felt like a big onii chan which use his big arms embracing me to protect me from danger.
Hes helping me just because im his best friend right. I guess so...
As im thinking i felt a little bit dissapointed...

Thanks, Kai, for being my best friend...

==============

The school bell rang and school was finally over. Phew, i shouldn't have stared at kai the whole day. I missed a lot of classes and i got alot of kai's perfect features in my mind instead.

Strangly, today is a successful day since no one whispered and gossiped about me. Maybe they got bored about me.
Kai's memo flashed in mind....
Did he did this for me too? I looked around to look for him.
"I guess he went home without me..." i mumbled to myself when a dark figure covered the light that was shining on my hair making it sparkle.
"You looking for me?" Kai was standing behind of me smirking, not his usual self.
"I was wondering if you could fetch me to the recording room where Mizu will be doing our recordings." I said , not expecting him to accept this favor.
"Sure, im your personal driver today." And he spun to the opposite direction and left.
I hurried following behind his back to his car. He have the perfect figure, broad shoulders, tall height, i bet he have the perfect abs. I realized i have been craving for his abs and slapped myself. I cant do that now, i must stabilize our friendship, FRIENDSHIP.

We arrived at the studio and saw mizu already there. I hurried off with a wave goodbye and kai drove off.
"Oh look whos here, late." Said lina.
"Got some nice shoes there huh, yona." Scoffed luna, acting a bit jealous.
I felt thankful of kai buying me these nuce shoes , making both of them jealous. But i was wrong, Luna locked my arms and lina forced the shoes out of my feet.Immediately, they threw the shoes into the nearby pond. The shoes made a loud splash and the shoes was into the water, never again seen.

I broke off their hold with tears squeezing out of my eyes. Its an expensive shoe bought from the guy which i treasure very much. I rushed to the pond and started searching for them. The water was dark so i sank my hands into the pond and blindy search. I broke down... but i cant leave them...

[Kai's pov]
I sat at the coffee shop just at he opposite of the recording studio where mizu were.i slowly sipped my coffe waiting for yona to finish. The strange presence feom this morning is still there. The jet black haired and geared man is at a table behind me. I think of it as mere coincidence and ignored him when the obasangs spoke.
"Hey, whats that girl doing there in the middle of the pond." An obasang gossiped with her friend that was putting heavy make up on her face.
"She looks like shes looking for something." With just a turn or head and back to her mirror, she answered.

I titled my head towards the pond they were talking about. Shock overflowed my head and my expression changed. That familiar back of the girl at the pond is definitely yona. What is she doing there. I saw lina and luna watching her with a glee expression on their faces and i can confirm that they are the culprit of what yona was doing. I forgot about the presence and the unpayed coffee and rushed out of the coffee shop.

"Hey u havent pa-" said the worker but gave up when he saw u rushing hurriedly with a worried expression hanging on your face.
=========
[Yona's Pov]
I saw a familiar pair of jeans infront of me soaking wet in the pond. I slowly scanned upwards and say Kai's worried face. His handsome features are all centered at the middle of his face. I kinda feel happy when i know he's here for me.
"What are you doing here, you will catch a cold."
He tilted his head tiwards mizu with his famous death glare. They scurried off into the recording room.
"Dont worry kai, im just looking for something."i smiled but kai could tell that its fake and i was suffering.
"Tell me."
"Huh?"
"What did those two piece of crap do to you."
I sighed in defeat and decided to just tell him everything. He showed a soft yet angry expression which made me feel quite happy for him to be worried of me. He dragged me out of the pond but i insisted on looking for the shoes.
"No! Just dont. Lets go back now." Suddenly kai shouted with cold words which confused me so much.
I couldnt say anything but to follow him towards his car. He covered me with his jacket and drove off immediately. I felt tired and decided to rest when kai suddenly stopped the car and said: "we're here."

I slightly open my eyes lazily and saw that we arrived not my house, but a classy clothes boutique. Kai brought me in when all the workers stand beside the entrance in a row and bowed.
"Welcome mr. Kai." They said all together. The scene confused me, who is he actually?

"What are we doing here?" I shook my wrist that was still held by kai. He ignored me and told the workers.
"Pick clothes that is suitable for her immediately. I will be back soon."
Kai seems to be in a bad mood and he stomped out of the shop, hopped in his car and drove off. Why is he leaving me here? Will he really come back?
I felt a soft pat on my shoulder and my thoughts were interrupted by a handsome male worker. "This way, miss." He showed his gentleman features which made me blush alittle. The workers help me choose clothes to try on and i was finished with a pink sweater, light blue skinny jeans and a white beanie on my head. It fits perfectly on me and the finishing touch is light brown boots.

The door bell rang and kai ran back here panting for breath looking like ran a 10km marathon. In his hands were a shoe box with a nike logo which was then handed to me. I felt confused and opened the box when i saw the exact same shoes that was thrown in the pond. I looked at kai finding words to say when he just shown a smile and pat my head.
The kai i have known is back.
The Kai that always help me when i was bullied and the man that protected me from danger. I am really fully in debt of him...

Thanks Kai, im happy to meet you....