Chapter 9: Valentine

Infinite lifes

[Yona's pov]


I was walking down the street thinking how Kai protected me from the bullies, how he told me about my fake friend ryu, while blushing from my cheeks to the top edge of my ears. I giggled causing the people around me stare at my crimson face.
I was walking wearing the nike kai bought me when my giggling was interrupted by a sales worker at a jewellery shop.


"Sumimasen, miss, would you like to take a look at our store for a Valentine's day editon couple rings?"


Ahh.. its the time of the year tomorrow, where girls give chocolates and stuff.
I wonder who kai would give his chocolates to.

"Oh sorry, i dont have a boyfriend yet."

The worker stared at me with a apologetic look ans said:
"im sorry but you were blushing along the street so i thought u were blushing about your boyfriend."


My face grew hot and i just bowed at her with my hands on my cheeks and left the shop.

I wonder what should i give kai. Maybe i should confess my feelings to him tomorrow.


Yes! I can do it.


I turned to a bakery and bought some ingredients so that i could make the best chocolate cupcake in the world.

======


The smell of the cupcakes were overflowing in the kitchen. I took a bite on my masterpiece.
"Ummmmm~ oishii (delicious)!" I shouted in satisfaction.This could be the best cupcake ever. I bet kai would like it.

 

My eyes sprang open right before the alarm went ringing. Today is the day i will be honest about my feelings towards Kai. I was sure he had the same feelings towards me. My heart was already pounding right when i thought of the cupcakes i made.

I took my bag of cupcakes and sprinted off to school. Kai reached earlier today with a frown on his face. But i didnt notice it until i put my cupcakes infront of his face.

His frown immediately turn upside down and a big smile was shown.

"I thought you would never give me chocolate. Is it honmei? ( a kind of chocolate which you give to your family members and friends.)"

Okay yona, give it your best shot.


"No, its Giri." (A type to the person you have feelings for.)
Kai's expression changed immediately.


"Wha-.. dont joke with me haha. You are sly yona."


"Its not a joke. I love you, kai."


Kai was still in shock, i can tell, his mind is turning and he is confused. The surroundings of us became quiet. Everyone in our class stopped talking. Kai stood up. My eyes followed his actions. He pulled my arm and the next thing i new is that we were walking very fast alont he corridor ; up the stairs; and to the open roof.

"Im sorry, yona. I like you too. But... things are not that easy for us. I cant be your boyfriend. Gomenne(sorry), yona."
He left me alone at the roof and he left....


======


[Kai's pov]


I was fluttered after what yona said to me , but i cant accept her feelings because of the stupid forbidden circumstances of being a vampire. To be honest , i was surprised because i was pretty sure my feelings towards her was one sided. I denied her request of being my other half with my heart throbing in pain because it was stabbed deep.

After tiring thinking of that confession, i recallled on what d. o-nii told me yesterday.

"So its Valentine's tomorrow, what are we vampires going to spend our day alone?"


D. o turn his head to me with a smirk. I cant answer him that im going to confess to yona and give her stuffs like flowers. I shook my head.

"Any plans with yona?"


Shocked, i face him with a how-did-you-know expression hanging. He sighed and his face became serious as if some vampire slayers are coming closer.

"Im gonna confess." Since he knows, i told him.

"No you cant love a human, kai. You cant." D. o warned me in a serious tone.


He threw an old looking book to me that he said was a book from his older generation and ancestors. It looks crooked to me. I mean its title is lame too. "Forbidden rules for vampires"


I flipped through the pages like an idiot. I cant believe im even reading this .

"Humans are weak, they dont live long. Vampires that made a bond with them share a worse fate. "
"Love, a curse left by the early vampire ancestors"

Damn... why ..
Tears unknowingly flow down from the edge of my eyes. I cant control it. The pain..

=======


[Yona‘s pov]


Kai rejected me...

"Oh god. Yona. What happened to you. You eyes are so puffy."

One of my classmates that was always after Kai , approached me with sorta worried but happy kinda tone. I bet shes happy because she guessed i was rejected by kai. I didnt answer her and sat at my seat.

I cried the whole weekend. I dont even know how to face kai anymore.......

=======
Hey guys, i know its short and i know the yonas past is lame BUT stay tuned to see how kai overcome his vampire forbidden things, ya know..

AND CHECK OUT MY NEW FAN FIC :)
About luhan
Dont love THAT me :
www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1069121