Palace (8)

Forever and Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo ah,

By the time you see this letter, you’d probably arrived safe and sound. I’m sorry, I can’t walk the rest of your life with you. I’m sorry, I can’t protect you like I’ve promised. But you know I’ll always be here for you, right.

I know you might not agree with my actions. But a life in exchange for yours and my child, I don’t see why not.

I am really thankful that we had the chance to spend time together. It was the happiest time of my life and I never regret it.

I know you might be lonely, so here is my diary which I wrote after I got posted to the northern borders. I guessed I had a lot of things to say to you. Although I wrote it addressed to you, but I never thought that I would ever give those to you, but I guess life never goes as you expected right?

The fate that we couldn’t share in this life, let’s hope that in another time, in another place, we could live as we wish.

Love,

Hee Gun

 

My dear child,

I always wonder, will you be as pretty as your mother? Will you be as brave as her? Will you be as intelligent as her? Regardless, I hope that you will be as kind-hearted as her. Look after her well for me, alright? Do not do things that anger her, or worry her, alright? Love her as much as she loves you.

I have nothing much for you, much here’s a top I made for you. It is not pretty, but I tried my best.

Here’s a jade pendant too. I wore it as a safety charm, I hope it protects you on behalf of me.

Child, I’m sorry I never got to see your face, I never had a chance to protect you like a father should, but please know that I love you very much, still.

I know that life would not be easy with a single parent, but I hope that you will never let the world make you hard, and never let the pain make you hate. There’s always goodness in everything, and I hope you see that.

Love,

Your father.

 

 

 

 

Jihyo ah, It’s my first day in the northern borders. You must be hurt yesterday, right? I’m sorry, I just didn’t want to worry you. It is indeed chaotic here.

I miss you.

 

Jihyo ah, a week has passed since my first day here. I have gotten used to the fighting here already.

I hope you are doing fine.

I miss you.

 

Jihyo,

This . I hate all this killing. But if I don’t kill them, I will die myself. When will this end? I miss you so much.

 

Jihyo, today, I went to talk to the rebels in disguise. Is it wrong to say tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter