Violet (5)

Forever and Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Gary approached their meeting place, he realised the food stall was gone. Jihyo wasn’t there either. His heart sank a little, but he guessed that she must have went back to the inn. I guess it’s safer, he thought to himself. He slowed down his footsteps a little. His eyes stung from the rain. When he rushed down, he got a few scratches from the branches, but other than that he was fine.

 

“Gary oppa?” Jihyo called out, when she saw a figure approaching. She decided to stay after all, but she was under the shadows of the trees, so he couldn’t see her when he was further away.

Gary looked up, and his face instantly lit up when he saw Jihyo.

“You stayed!” he said.

“You came down!” she said at the same time, smiling when she saw him.

“Yah, you fool!” he scolded, although his voice full of concerned. “Aren’t you cold! You should have just went to the inn!”

She looked a little disappointed that he scolded her, but then she realised his clothes was torn at some parts. “Yah! You fell?! Are you hurt?” she said anxiously, checking his hands.

“No, I just scratched myself against some branches,” he murmured, embarrassed that he had her worried.

“You should have stayed in the shrine. What if you fell, pabo-yah…” she mumbled.

“If I stayed there you would have waited her the entire night!” he said, frowning. She looked away shyly.

They made their way to the closest inn quickly. The storm reduced to a small drizzle, but they still shared the umbrella. Their close proximity made each other feel awkward, but neither of them said anything.

 

The next day, they woke up later than expected, tired from the rain yesterday. Jihyo had a slight headache, probably due to being in the rain, but she didn’t mention it to Gary. Gary told her that he found Kwang Soo’s parents’ skeletons. They needed to go back get him over.

They walked for a few hours. Gary realised Jihyo was still slow, even though they’re not on a slope now.

“Are you okay?” he asked. She nodded, but Gary realised that she looked pale.

“Yah, you look pale. What’s wrong?” he asked, frowning.

“I’m fine, let’s just move on,” she insisted, and started walking quicker.

“Yah!” he yelled, and reached out to grab her. Then he realised her skin was hot.

“You have a fever?!” he asked.  He put his hand to her forehead. He cursed. “Why didn’t you tell me, pabo-yah!”

“I didn’t know… I thought it was just a headache…” she mumbled.

Gary in a deep breathe, looking annoyed. Jihyo thought he was annoyed at her, but he was annoyed at himself for not realising.

“I’ll carry you,” he finally said. Jihyo shook her head. Gary frowned again. “Come on,” he said firmly. Jihyo weakly jumped onto his back.

They walked till the next inn. Jihyo asked Gary, “Are you going to leave me behind when you look for Kwang Soo?”

He didn’t reply and went inside to request for a room. He carried her up. She was disappointed, but she knew it was the logical thing to do. So she didn’t protest.

He put her on the bed. “Rest here,” he said. She nod

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter