Palace (3)

Forever and Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo followed closely behind the eunuch and entered the throne room. She knelt down before the king. The eunuch bowed and explained to the King that it was she that gave treatment to the prince.

“So, I heard that you are neither an imperial physician nor a physician in training?”

“That’s right, Your Majesty.”

“And you put the Prince in danger by giving him treatment!” he hollered, his voice ringing in her ears.

“Have her executed,” he ordered.

The eunuch was shocked. From what he knew, the Prince’s life was not in danger.  But as all palace workers would, he did not protest and proceeded to give the order. The guards came out with their swords and prepared to kill her.

Jihyo was even more shocked. She didn’t know it could be so serious. She thought they would just demote her, or put her in prison for a few days. She sighed and braced herself.

“Your Majesty! Please wait!” a voice called out from outside. The eunuch outside announced, “Your Majesty, it is the imperial physician Ji Suk Jin.”

“Your Majesty, I have something important to report,” Suk Jin said.

The King frowned but nodded. The eunuch took the cue to Jihyo to the prison to await further instructions.

“Your Majesty, the 12th prince is recovering well. From what I can see, the only reason why he is still alive is because the lady provided adequate treatment in time.”

The King was sceptical, but nodded again for Suk Jin to continue.

“She may not be a physician-in-training here, but I believe she has a background in the medical area. The herbs she used, although not the best for treating a snake bite, but it is probably the best that she could have at the moment.”

“We can’t have just anyone treating the Princes, she has to be executed to act as a warning,” the King said, remaining firm in his decision.

“Your Majesty, pardon me for what I am about to say, but it would not be wise to kill a lady who saved the Prince. On the other hand, if we give her a chance to explain herself and decide accordingly, it would prove to others that Your Majesty is magnanimous and understanding towards his subjects.”

The King nodded, seemingly convinced. “Bring her here,” he ordered. Suk Jin sighed in relief.

Jihyo was back again, now dressed in a c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter