Renaissance

Forever and Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, both of them behaved normally in the morning, ignoring the growing tension in the house. Only after Gary left, she was able to breathe a sigh of relief.

She contemplated for a long while, before deciding to search in Gary’s room. She had never been into his room before, which was expected, because it was rude to wander into someone else’s room, especially when he offered you a place to stay when you had nowhere else to go.

Her heart filled with guilt again. And fear. What if she finds something… should she go or should she stay?

Where else can she go?

She had nowhere else to go, with her house confiscated and her father in prison. And her uncles and aunts probably do not want anything to do with her. Couldn’t she just pretend that she hadn’t realised anything?

She sighed. She already knew the answer. It wasn’t her character to ignore this. She couldn’t live like that.

She looked around his room. It was neat. There were several books on his little desk… and a dictionary Latin dictionary?! Why would a shoe maker need a Latin dictionary?! She opened the drawer and what she found shocked her even more. There were even more dictionaries- Greek, German, French… and even Arabic?! Well, maybe he was purely interested in learning these languages, she thought. She rolled her eyes at herself. Even she found that idea unconvincing.  

Suddenly, she stopped searching.

Her father had an Arabic dictionary too. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter