Pirates (4)

Forever and Always
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following days went past similarly, with Gary visiting Jihyo three times a day to feed her. Sometimes, he would stay longer in the nights, when it was colder. He would hum some tunes or sing her some songs, just for fun. And she would hum along. Although she was a captive, she felt at ease. She never felt this way at home.

At home, she had to be on her toes all the time. Her step-mother was best at nit-picking. Say for example, if she turns up later than her for meals, then she would be scolded. Her father never stepped up for her; her half-brother was too much of a mommy’s boy to help her out. But Gary spoke up for her. He stopped the other pirates from killing her. He protected her. He was concerned for her.

Like what she told Gary, it had been a long time someone was this nice to her.

She didn’t feel like going back home now.

But on the fourth day, they sailed back to her island, and her father sent the ransom on the fifth day.

Gary asked to be in charge of releasing her. He went to Jong Kook’s chamber to request. Jong Kook agreed. Gary bowed and thanked him.

“Hee Gun ah…” Jong Kook asked before Gary left. “Do you like her?”

Gary looked at him, genuinely surprised. It wasn’t because Jong Kook knew; he himself hadn’t even realised it. He didn’t think it was even possible, until Jong Kook pointed it out to him.

“I…” was all Gary managed to stutter.

Jong Kook smiled amicably. “If you do, then we shall not release her.”

For a moment, Gary was tempted. He wanted to keep Jihyo by his side forever. Some pirates do get married. But Gary shook his head. “No, Jong Kook, we can’t. We got the money.”

Jong Ko

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter