Eight

Speak Without Words

A sharp swerve to the right woke Sehun up from his sleep. When did he fell asleep? The last thing he remembered was Luhan sending him back home after they had watched the sunset. He looked around to observe his surroundings, only to notice that the direction that Luhan is headed isn’t the direction to his own house.

 

He then turned and gave a questioning look to Luhan, but Luhan just ignored him as he concentrated on his driving. Because of this, Sehun started to panic. Where was Luhan taking him to? And why did he trust Luhan so blindly when he only knew Luhan for two days? Yes, Luhan may have seemed like a nice guy for bringing him to the hill. Still, he should try avoiding Luhan at any cost after finding out what Luhan did as living and the way he handled those seniors today.

 

The car pulled around a fancy fountain and Sehun found himself staring at big mansion when it come into his view. The car parked in front of the magnificent house, and Sehun couldn’t stop himself from admiring in awe. It was absolutely beautiful and it was even bigger than his and Jongin’s house!

 

“Home sweet home,” Luhan said in a very calm tone as he got out from his car.

 

He walked down the walkway, humming cheerfully while a very stunned Sehun trailed behind. He opened the door and let Sehun enter first. Again, Sehun’s breath was once again, taken away after he saw the interior inside of the mansion. It was as beautiful as the outside of the house.

 

Luhan then bring Sehun into the living room. He pointed at black leather sofa and said, “Make yourself at home. I’ll get us something to drink. What would you like to drink?”

 

Sehun tapped his chin as he thought about what drink he wants.

 

“I’ll make hot cocoa. Is that okay for you?”

 

Sehun’s eyes immediately brightened up and Luhan couldn’t stop himself from chuckling when he saw that.

 

“You’re very cute, Sehunnie.”

 

Luhan’s words made Sehun blush, so he quickly ducked his head down so Luhan wouldn’t see the blush creeping up on his cheeks. Luhan walked towards the kitchen, leaving Sehun standing alone in the living room.

 

A few minutes later, Sehun started to get bored as Luhan still hasn’t came back to the living room with his hot cocoa. He then decided to explore the mansion to ease his boredom. He started climbing the stairs, but he stopped halfway when he saw the picture that hung on the wall.

 

It was a picture of a family.

 

A slightly tall man carried a boy in his left arm while his right arm wrapped around a petite woman’s waist. If he guessed it right, the boy must be Luhan and the man and the woman inside this picture are his parents since he can see the slight resemblance between both of them, especially on the mother’s side.

 

“You shouldn’t walk around alone, Sehunnie.”

 

Sehun jumped a little when Luhan’s voice whispered into his ear. He turned around and glared at Luhan for almost causing him a heart attack, although if Luhan asked him if he got scared, he would most likely deny it.

 

“Is my family picture that interesting that you didn’t hear me coming?”

 

Frowning slightly as Sehun took out his notepad, he scribbled.

 

You’re the one who walked up without making any sounds.

 

Luhan chuckled softly after he read that, and Sehun couldn’t help but think that Luhan has a nice laughter.

 

Is this really your family picture?

 

“Yes. This is the last picture we took together as family before my parents…” Luhan stopped for a moment before continuing, “...Died in an accident.”

 

Sehun suddenly felt bad after he heard that. He shouldn’t be so nosy by asking questions about his parents and accidentally reopening Luhan’s wound again.

 

I’m sorry.

 

Luhan shrugged, “Don’t be. They’ve been dead since I was ten years old. Come on, let's go to the kitchen. I’m sorry for taking so long. I have forgotten that my maid is on leave today, thus, I was having hard time finding the ingredients.”

 

Sehun’s eyes widened slightly when Luhan’s words finally hit him

 

Wait a minute...does this mean I’m alone with him inside this mansion!?

 

 

 


 

 

 

Sehun knew that he should have ran out from the mansion after he knew that he was alone with Luhan inside his big mansion. He isn’t the type who would just straight away be judgmental towards a person that he just met without getting know the said person first, but he can’t help it when it comes to Luhan. This man is capable of anything. He even had stolen his first kiss!

 

Yet, why is he still standing beside the kitchen counter while drinking the hot cocoa that had been made by Luhan? His mind kept telling him to stop drinking it since there was a chance that Luhan may have put something inside the drink, but he couldn’t seem to put it down. However, he made sure to put some distance between him and Luhan.

 

“I’ll send you home after you have finished your drink.”

 

Sehun quickly gulped down his drink in one go before he handed back the empty cup towards Luhan without caring that his tongue had burned a little since the drink was still hot. Luhan shook his head before he took the cup from Sehun’s hand. He then put the empty cup inside the sink.

 

He almost laughed, but managed to withhold it when he recalled Sehun’s action just now. He wasn’t that oblivious. Luhan knows what’s running around inside of Sehun’s mind right now. It was so obvious by the way Sehun acted around him, and that very action made Sehun so much cuter.

 

Maybe he should tease Sehun a little and see what reaction he will give him, Luhan thought to himself.

 

He turned around before he started walking seductively towards Sehun who was standing beside the kitchen island. Luhan then purposely ran his tongue across his bottom lip and sent a seductive smirk towards Sehun.

 

Sehun gulped nervously when he saw that. He wanted to run when Luhan started getting closer, but his body didn’t want to move from its position. He let out soundless gasp when Luhan suddenly pinned him against the kitchen island. Sehun closed his eyes in fear when Luhan started to lean in closer, but only to open it again when he heard a laughter.

 

“You seriously need to look at your face right now. So funny.”

 

Sehun quickly pushed Luhan away when he finally realized what had happened.

 

“Don’t be mad at me, baobei. I only wanted to loosen you up a bit. You were so stressed up until now.”

 

Sehun sent daggers towards Luhan. How could Luhan do this to him? He was so nervous just now. And more importantly, why does he want Luhan to kiss him so badly?

 

“We need to leave now. It’s getting dark. Don’t want your family worry about you now.”

 

Only then Sehun realized how dark it was, he quickly looked at the clock hanging on the wall. No wonder it was dark outside. It’s already 8:30 pm. He seriously needed to get home now before his brother came home from work. Sehun was lucky that his parents were still overseas, although his parents wouldn’t care whether he was at home or not. After all, he is pretty much just invisible to them.

 

“So should we leave now, princess?”

 

Sehun gave a stop-calling-me-princess look to Luhan. Luhan just laughed when he saw that. He then headed toward the door without even waiting for Sehun, knowing that Sehun will follow him. Sehun huffed in annoyance as he trailed behind Luhan.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Sehun looked around the house while praying that his brother was still at the office. He release the breath he had been holding when he didn’t spot saw his brother’s presence anywhere inside the house. He quickly headed towards his room before his older brother came home.

 

However, it seemed that luck wasn’t on his side today because at that very moment, Kris walked out from his room and had he even had spotted him. Great, now he isn’t going to be able to escape. He might as well face it.

 

“Hunnie, what had happened to your cheek?” Kris asked with a slight worried tone in his voice.

 

Sehun signed, I was hit by seniors during lunch. One of  the senior’s girlfriend had a crush on me and broke up with him. Thus, he took out his anger on me.

 

Kris’s clenched his jaw, “What!? This is unforgivable! I’m going to your school tomorrow and tell your principal about this matter so the bullies get punished.”

 

Sehun quickly shook his head.

 

Please don’t do that, ge. It will become worse. They will think that I’m using my wealth in order to get what I want, and I really don’t want that to happen.

 

“But, Sehun, I can’t let them off easily. They hit you.”

 

Please.

 

Sehun pleaded his older brother using his greatest weapon: puppy eyes, knowing his brother wouldn’t able say no to it.

 

“Fine, I’ll let this matter go. However, you must tell me immediately if they bully you again. I can’t let anything happen to my precious baby brother.” Kris said while ruffling his brother’s blonde hair.

 

Sehun quickly slapped Kris away and signed, I’m not a baby! I’m almost 18 years old!

 

Kris chuckled softly, “No matter how old you are, you will always be a baby to me.”

 

Sehun huffed with his arms folded across his chest. He does love his older brother, but that doesn’t mean that he gets to let Kris treat him like a little kid. When will his older brother understand that he’s almost 18 years old and can stop babying him?

 

“So why are you so late today? Caught up with dance practice again?”

 

Sehun was stunned when the question hit him. He had forgotten about it. What should he do now?

 

“Hun?”

 

Sehun quickly gave a strained smile to his brother, Yes, I was caught up with dance practice again. You know me, ge. I need everything to be perfect.

 

Sehun didn’t know why he was lying to Kris when he used to share everything with his older brother. Something was telling him that he shouldn’t tell Kris about Luhan.

 

“Ahh...I see. Go take shower now. I’ll be waiting for you at the dining room. It had been so long since we have had dinner together.”

 

Letting out a sigh of relief that Kris believed his lie, Sehun then entered his room. He managed to dodge the bullet for the time being.

 

Kris watched Sehun go inside his room. Of course he knew his brother was lying. He knew his brother better than anyone else. Not only that, but he had seen the black mercedes that brought Sehun home just now, and he knew that car doesn’t belong to Jongin.

 

For Sehun to lie to him was unexpected, and that made him very curious about what Sehun was trying to hide from him. He definitely will dig through this matter.

 

 

 


 

 

 

“What is this, Ms. Ng? Didn’t I ask you specifically not to ever accept any gifts from this K.J.M?”

 

Kris glared at his secretary who was standing in front of his desk while lowering her head. He was already stressed because his younger brother’s matter of lying, and the last thing he wanted was to add more stress to his life. Thus, when the first thing that greeted him after he entered his office was the bouquet of roses from his secret admirer, he just lost his cool.

 

“Y-you...did..S-s-.sir….” Ms. Ng stuttered. She had been working with Kris for almost two years, thus, she’s able to read Kris’s expression very well. Without a doubt, her boss must be very angry at her right now.

 

“Then mind explaining to me why there is a bouquet of roses on my desk?”

 

“I’m...s-sorry...sir...I forgot t-to throw i-it away…”

 

Kris slammed his hands on his desk causing his secretary flinch in shock, “Forgot? Is that all you can say? How am I going to believe you from now on that you’re capable of being my secretary when you even forgot this simple request that I demanded from you?”

 

“I’m….sorry...sir...I promise that...there will be no more next time.”

 

Tears started pricking Ms. Ng’s eyes. To others, it may have just seemed like a simple mistake, but to her boss, he demanded sheer perfection coming from his every  employee, she just committed a big sin in his eyes. This made her scared that she could lose her job today.

 

“Go back and do your work now! You’re lucky that I don’t want to waste my time to search for a new secretary to replace you.”

 

“Thank...you...Sir….”

 

Kris let out a small huff after his secretary had walked out from his office. He then stared at the bouquet of roses that was laying on his desk. This is getting out of hand.

 

At first, he thought as long as he ignores it, his secret admirer would grow bored and stop. How wrong he was. It’s already been a year and a half, and his secret admirer was still sending him flowers or gifts almost everyday. Not long after that, his secret admirer had grown bold, writing cheesy love lines on every card.  He needed to put a full stop on this. He was going to investigate who this secret admirer aka K.J.M is and confront him so that he’ll stop courting him. He didn’t have time for a relationship right now.

 

 


 

 

 

A tall, blonde haired man walked into the flower shop. Most of the women either the workers or the customers couldn’t stop themselves from being swooned by this tall man. The man not only has an intimidating height, but he also a very handsome young man. Just like the main character coming out from a manga or anime. So charismatic.

 

“What can I help you with, Sir?” An elderly man asked after the tall man reached the cashier counter.

 

“I’m looking for the owner of the shop.”

 

“I’m the owner of the shop.”

 

“Good. I’m Kris Wu. I believe you know who am I. I’ve been receiving flowers from your shop and I need to know who it is from.”

 

“I’m sorry, sir, but our customers information are confidential.”

 

Kris then leaned in and snarled, “Either you give that person’s information or I’ll destroy this small shop of yours.”

 

The elderly man gulped since Kris looked really scary at that moment. It looked like he didn’t have choice, but to give his customer’s information although he has to breach his business practice. He knows that Kris will do as he per say and he couldn’t let his staff suffer because of this.

 

“I believe…. his name is Kim Joonmyun,” the shop owner choked out the words, “ Usually, his assistant is the one who orders the flowers. However, two day ago, he came on his own and paid for it using a credit card.”

 

Kris stood there dumbfounded as he tried to process the elderly man’s words. From all the people, he never expected that Kim Joonmyun would be his secret admirer, who is the nephew of one of his father’s business partner. They only met one time at a business party last year. Kris didn’t think that he had left such a big impression on Kim Joonmyun that night. However, it doesn’t matter to him. He already discovered his so called secret admirer and the only thing left him to do is confront him.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Suho was speaking to one of his clients when the door burst open. He raised his eyebrows when the object of his affection stood at the doorway while his secretary frantically stood behind him. He muttered an apology to his client before he ended the call.

 

“I’m sorry, Mr. Kim. I tried to stop him, but…”

 

“It is okay, Ms. Choi. You can go back and do your work.”

 

Ms. Choi bowed her head before she left them alone. Kris then stepped into the office and closed the door behind him.

 

“Please have a seat, Mr. Wu.”

 

“There is no need for that. I’ll be quick. I know you’re the one whose been sending me flowers and gifts, and I want you to stop it. You’re only wasting your time. I don’t want to have any relationships at this time.”

 

Suho smirked at what was being told to him, “Oh yeah? Are you sure about that Mr.Wu?” He said getting up from his seat behind his desk.

 

“Yes, I’m sure. I do not have the time for any relationships that go outside of business and work.”

 

Suho walked closer to Kris, “You don’t have the time?” He was standing right in front of Kris, and right behind the blonde male was the wall. Suho caged Kris to the wall and leaned in, “I think we can make an arrangement about that.”

 

His voice was husky. It caused Kris’s body to send shivers all over. Why was this man so easily overpowering him? People feared Kris. Suho seemed to dominate him. His hand began caressing and Kris’s cheek, at that Kris tried pushing Suho away, but it seemed useless.

 

Why was he getting so weak? He’s only been in that room for less than ten minutes and his body already seemed to be heating up at an unusually rapid speed.

 

Suho leaned in and whispered into Kris’s ear, causing more shivers to scatter through his body.

 

“You’re so beautiful. From the moment I saw you at the party. I knew that I must have you. Just remember, I always get what I want.” His breath tickled Kris’ ear. But tickle wasn’t the only thing he felt at his ear. He felt Suho’s tongue as he bit lightly at his ear, “No. Matter. What.”

 

Suddenly, Kris’s lips were met by another pair. Suho.

 

He doesn’t know how, but somehow, Kris felt Suho’s tongue in his mouth. WHAT?! I’M MAKING OUT WITH MY SECRET ADMIRER?! Kris’s mind was screaming at him.

 

Kris finally managed to push him off as he turned around and fumbled with the doorknob trying to get the door open so he could get the hell out of that room. He stumbled out of the room and saw his secretary giving him a look between suspicion and worry.

 

He stood up and and straightened out his uniform and walked out of the building while his suspicious assistant followed behind. When they reached the car, he turned to her and said, “You. Don’t ever mention what happened today. If I ever hear this brought up.... Let’s just say, your work future won’t be bright.”

 

“Y-yes Sir.”

 

Kris turned to the driver, “Oh and before I forget, don’t pick Sehun up after school. I’m picking Sehun up today.”