Ten

Speak Without Words

Sehun sighed as he stared off at the ceiling. He didn’t know what he should do now. Should he obey his brother or not? His brother was right. Luhan isn’t someone who he should befriend but, whenever he thought about not seeing Luhan anymore, he became sad which made him confused about how he truly feels.

Maybe he should tell Jongin about this. Who knows? Maybe Jongin may be able to give him some advice regarding this matter. He then grabbed his phone from his bedside table and typed a message to Jongin.

Sehunnie:

Kris-ge found out about Luhan today.

Within a second, he got a reply from Jongin.

kkamjong:

What!? How!?

Sehunnie:

My driver must’ve told him. He suddenly came to pick me up after you left. He and Luhan almost fought.

kkamjong:

OMG!!!

What happened next!?

Sehunnie:

It’ll be easier if I tell you face to face tomorrow at school.

I have something that I need your opinion on.

kkamjong:

How about you come over to my house right now? It’s not too late, it’s just 8 p.m.

Sehun bit his lips as he contemplated whether he should go to Jongin’s house or not. He probably wasn’t going to be able to get any sleep due to this whole matter. Not only that, he didn’t know how he should act around his brother right now. Maybe he should go out for while to get some fresh air to clear his mind a bit.

He got down from his bed before he went over to his wardrobe. He quickly change from his pajamas into a blue collar t-shirt and a pairs of jeans. He grabbed his wallet and his handphone before he walked out from his room.

He bumped into his brother right when he was about to go downstairs.

“Are you going somewhere?” Kris asked after he saw Sehun’s attire.

‘I’m going to Jongin’s house.’

“It’s getting late, Hun. Why don’t you wait it until tomorrow?”

‘There is something important that I need to discuss with Jongin. It’ll not take long. I promise that I’ll come back before midnight.’

Kris lets out a small sigh, “Fine. Go now before it gets too dark.”

Kris just stood there as he watched his brother’s retreating back. He couldn’t help but think to himself  that Sehun is lying to him again. He scared that Sehun may be using Jongin as an excuse so he could go out to meet Luhan tonight. Yes, he knows that he is being too protective towards his baby brother and he should give a bit of freedom to Sehun since Sehun is going reach eighteen soon. Yet, he can’t. Sehun already lead a quite painful life because of his selfish parents and the last thing he wanted was his brother getting heartbroken by Luhan. He can’t let that happen.

He then quickly ran towards his room, changed his pajamas, grabbed his car keys and his wallet before running toward the entrance. He’ll follow Sehun secretly just to make sure that Sehun indeed went to Jongin’s house, and not to meet Luhan.

There was a high risk that Sehun may catch him and the things may get ugly afterwards, but he is willing to take the risk as long as he can prevent his baby brother from getting his heart broken by Luhan.

 


 

Kris released a sigh of relief when Sehun’s car stop in front of Jongin’s house gate. His brother was indeed telling the truth after all and it made him very relieved that Sehun wasn’t going to meet Luhan.

Kris then realize that he had been lost in his thoughts. He needed to get out of here before Sehun spotted his car. However, it was too late for him since Sehun had spotted him and was currently heading towards his car with a displeased expression on his face.

Sehun knocked on the car window. He tapped his foot impatiently on the ground as he waits his brother to pull down his window. How could his brother do this to him? At first, he thought he may have mistaken the car since there is no way that Kris would stalk him, but when he saw the plate number, he finally accepted the fact that Kris, indeed, followed him to Jongin’s house.

“Hi, Hun.”

‘Don’t hi me. Why are you following me?’

“Promise me that you won’t get angry at me.”

‘It depends.’

“I was scared that you went to meet Luhan,” Kris finally confessed the truth. Now that he had been discovered by Sehun, there was no use of lying to Sehun.

Sehun stared at his brother with a disbelieving look.

‘How could you, ge? Do I look that untrustworthy to you that you have to stalk my every move?!’

“Hun, it wasn’t like that.”

‘Then how is it, ge?’

“Hun, I…” Kris didn’t how to explain to himself at that moment without making Sehun angier at him.

‘Don’t bother, ge. I’m going to sleep at Jongin’s house tonight. Feel free to stay if you’re still scared that I’m going to sneak out to meet Luhan.’

Sehun then spun on his heels and dashed toward Jongin’s house, ignoring his brother’s frantic calls asking him to come back.

Kris sighed heavily. His brother must’ve been so furious and hurt because of him right now and there was no use for him to stay there anymore since his brother usually took hours to forgive him whenever they had a fight. I’ll just come back again tomorrow, Kris thought to himself.  Hopefully by that time, his brother already have forgiven him.

 


 

Jongin was listening to music when Sehun suddenly barged into his room. He raised a brow when Sehun immediately sat down on his bed with a small frown plastered on his lips. He then paused his playlist before spinning his chair to face his best friend.

“What with the long face?”

‘You won’t believe what had happened! Kris-ge stalked me all the way here. He thought that I was only using you as an excuse to go meet Luhan. How could he do this to me?’

Jongin gave Sehun’s shoulder a gentle squeeze, “Take it easy, Sehun-ah. I believe Kris-hyung only wants the best for you. After all, you’re his only brother. Of course he is going to a bit overprotective towards you.”

Sehun rolled his eyes at that.

‘Yes, I understand that. But that doesn’t give him any right to stalk me. It only means that he didn’t trust me.’

“I know that you’re very angry right now, but can we discuss this matter later? I want to know what happened after I left. You did mention that Kris-hyung and Luhan almost fight in your texts earlier, right?”

‘Yes! It was so tense! As usual Kris-ge was being too protective, warning Luhan to stay away from me, but Luhan was being stubborn. Then, they started to argue and I saw Luhan had raised his fist. I didn’t think much as I quickly jumped out of the car to stop him from punching Kris-ge. I grabbed Luhan’s arm and he pushed me. As result, I lost my footing and fell down to the ground.’

“What!?” Jongin gasped in shock, “What happened next?”

Sehun’s cheek turned slightly pink when he recalled back to the moment when Luhan carried him in his arms.

Of course, Jongin didn’t miss the blush on Sehun’s cheek and he decided to tease his best friend.

“Did something happen between you and Luhan?”

‘He just carried me to hospital. That’s all.’

“Don’t lie to me, Sehun-ah. I know something else must’ve happened.”

‘I already said that nothing happened. He took me to hospital and then he took me back home since Kris-ge needed to go back to office.’

“Then why you were blushing a minute ago?”

Jongin grinned when he saw Sehun’s hand movement stop.

“Well, are you going to tell me?”

‘Look, I’m not here to talk about that. I’m here to ask for some advice.’

“You only want to avoid the subject,” Jongin teased as he stuck his best friend.

Said best friend lightly hit Jongin’s arm in response.

“Hey, that hurt!” Jongin yelled as he rubs his arm.

‘You deserve it for not believing me when I already told you that nothing happened between me and  Luhan.’

Jongin pouted, “You’re a very bad friend. Always taking joy in abusing me.” He then pulled up his sleeve, “See, my arm already has a bruise on it.” He said while showing his arm to Sehun.

Sehun just scoffed.

“So what is it that you need my advice on?”

Sehun let out a small sigh. ‘It seems that Luhan is quite famous. Even Kris-ge knows who he is. He wants me to stay away from Luhan, saying that Luhan is a player and he didn’t want me get my heart broken. Should I listen to Kris-ge?’

“For starters, do you even want to stop seeing Luhan?”

Sehun sighed again.

‘I don’t know. This is the reason why I came here, seeking your advice.’

“What do you think about Luhan?”

‘At first, I was a bit scared of him especially after I knew what he does for a living. However after going out with him a few times, I don’t really think he is such a bad guy. Well, aside from stealing my first kiss, never once had he hurt me on purpose.’

“Hmm…I see.” Jongin tapped his chin, “I’m sorry, Sehunnie, but I can’t make any decisions for you. You should make your own decision and which path you should go to. The only thing I can say is listen to your heart. If your heart tells you to keep seeing Luhan, then go ahead. Don’t worry about your brother. He’s being protective. Who knows. Maybe he will change his mind once he get to know Luhan better.”

Listen to my heart? What does my heart even tell me to do?, Sehun thought.

“It’s getting late. Are you going home or do you want to sleep here tonight?”

‘I’m sleeping here tonight. I’m still angry at Kris-ge. I don’t think I can face him once I get home.’

Jongin shrugged, “Okay. You can borrow my clothes.”

‘Jongin-ah, thank you.’

Jongin’s lips curved into a small smile, knowing that Sehun wasn’t thanking him for letting him stay overnight at his house, but for being there for him.

“You’re welcome, Sehunnie.

 


 

Sehun was about to fall into a deep sleep until he saw his phone’s light blinking, indicating that  he got a new message. He groaned before he reached out and grabbed his phone from the bedside table. The person who messaged him better have a good reason for interrupting his beauty sleep. If that person turns out to be his brother, he is definitely going to scold him.

Luhan <3:

Have you gone to sleep?

Sehun gritted his teeth in annoyance after he finished reading the text. What was Luhan thinking texting him at this hour?

Sehunnie:

I was about to before you interrupted me.

Luhan <3:

I’m sorry for interrupting your beauty sleep, princess.

Sehun huffed. He didn’t realize that sound had cause Jongin to woken up from his sleep.

Sehunnie:

Stop calling me princess!

Luhan <3:

Make me;)

So, did anything happen between you and your brother?

He didn’t hit you, did he?

Sehun raised his eyebrows at that.

Sehunnie:

Why would my brother do that?

Luhan <3:

Well, you know, for going out with me. His face looked like he wanted to murder someone.

Sehun couldn’t stop himself from giggling upon reading that. He couldn’t blame Luhan for thinking of his brother that way. Most people thought the same way because of his  brothers’ infamous poker face, but only he knew the truth. Behind closed doors, his brother was actually a big softie who loved to collect alpaca dolls as hobby.

Sehunnie:

Kris-ge would never do that. Yes, he did scold me for lying to him, but that’s it.

Sehun decided not to tell Luhan that Kris asked him to stop seeing him. He still hasn’t made his decision yet, thus, it would be better he hides that from Luhan’s knowledge. He didn’t want anyone to influence his decision.

Luhan <3:

I’m glad to hear that. I was so worried that he may have hit you or something because of me.

He worries about me? Sehun lips curled into smile at the thought.

Before he could type a reply, he received another text from Luhan.

Luhan <3:

I’ll stop here.

It’s getting late.

Go to sleep now. Tomorrow you’ve class, and you need to wake up early

Sehun felt a bit disappointed that Luhan was going to end their conversation so soon, but he wasn’t going to tell that to Luhan.

Sehunnie:

Okay.

Luhan <3:

Night, princess.

Sehunnie:

Good night

P.s And stop calling me princess

Sehun was about to put back his phone on the bedside table when he saw Jongin was staring at him with a eating grin.

‘What?’

“Who was that? And don’t tell me it was Kris-ge. You wouldn’t be smiling like love struck girl if it was him.”

‘I didn’t smile like love struck girl.’ Sehun quickly denied.

“I should’ve taken a picture and showed it to you. So are you going to tell who it was ?”

‘It is none of your business. I’m going to sleep’

Sehun then pulled the blanket and covered his body before he rolled his body to face the wall.

Jongin scoffed, knowing that Sehun purposely did that so he would stop asking. Too bad for Sehun because he wasn’t going to give up that easily. He was definitely going to make Sehun tell him.

 


 

Sehun followed his best friend to the dining room for breakfast before going to school. His eyes widened in shock when he saw Suho was inside the dining room, sitting on one of the chairs while reading a newspaper. Damn, how could he forget that Suho was Jongin’s cousin and the chance of them living together under one roof?

Suho put down the newspaper and raised his head when he heard steps approaching.

“Morning, Jongin.” He greeted with a smile on his lips.

“Good morning, hyung. Do you still remember Sehun? The one who accompanied me to the club the other day?”

Suho then studied Sehun from head to toe properly this time. He must admit that the Wu brothers had very good genes. Both of them were such good-looking men with their height and their pale complexion. Call him biased  or whatever, he believes that among the two brothers, Kris is way more beautiful compared to Sehun.

Oh My God! Why won’t he stop staring at me?

“Who wouldn’t remembered him? He managed to punch Baekhyun on his cheek. Not everyone can do that.”

“Hyung…”

“Relax, Jongin-ah. I’m not going to do anything to your best friend,” Suho said as he showed off his infamous angelic smile at them, “I’m actually quite glad that you had bring him here because I’ve been waiting for a  chance to apologize for my rude behavior that day. I care about Jongin a lot, thus, I was a bit too protective towards him. Please do forgive me.”

‘It is okay. I never took it to heart.’

Suho raised a  brow and Jongin saw it. He quickly helped translate what Sehun said.

“Sehun said he never took it to heart.”

“I’m happy to hear that. Please have a seat.”

Jongin took a seat in front of Suho while Sehun sat beside them. Suho and Jongin started to have a conversation while Sehun just listened. A maid then interrupted them, saying that someone was there to see Sehun. Suho ordered the maid to let that person in. The maid nodded her head before heading back to the main entrance.

Few minute later, the maid came back with Kris trailing behind her. He was shocked to see Suho in the dining room with Sehun and Jongin, but he managed to mask his expression well.

“Kris-hyung...what...are you doing at here?” Jongin asked.

“I’m here to send both of you to school. Have you finish your breakfast?”

“We just...did.”

“Goes change into your uniform.”

“Okay.”

Jongin pulled Sehun from the chair before both of them hurried towards Jongin’s room.

“Come, have a seat first,” Suho said as he patted the chair beside him.

“I prefer standing, thank you very much,” Kris answered coldly.

Suho smirked, “Are you perhaps... scared of me?”

“Of course...not!” Kris quickly denied it although deep down he was indeed a bit wary of Suho especially after the incident that happened days ago.

“Then there shouldn’t be problem for you to sit beside me, right?”

Kris huffed before he sat down on the chair beside Suho and the smirk on Suho’s lips only kept getting wider. He scooted his chair far away from Suho. He prayed that Suho would not dare to pull anything on him in his own house. It seemed that God didn’t hear his prayer since Suho had pushed his chair to sit closer to him.

“Why are you so tense, love?”

“What the heck? Who give you permission to call me that?”

Suho then began Kris’s thigh, “Aww…come on, love. Don’t be so cold towards me. I thought we finally started having something between us after that day,” he purred

“Stop touching me, ert!” Kris yelled before he slapped Suho’s hand away, “And I already told you very clearly that day, I’m not going to accept your confession.”

“Did you say that? Why can’t I seem to remember it at all?” Suho started Kris’s thigh again. This time, he became braver as he moved his hand closer to Kris’s crotch.

“Yah…What are you... doing…Stop…” Kris stuttered nervously as he tries to push Suho’s hand away, but his hand didn’t budge at all.

Suho leaned in to whisper into his ear, his breath tickling Kris’ ear “How about we continue this in my bedroom?” He said before he Kris’s ear shell.

“Wha…”

Kris wasn’t able to finish his words when Suho suddenly grabbed his arm and pulled him out of his chair. He then dragged Kris towards the stairs.


Author's note: Hehe...A clifhanger. What is going happen to Kris?