Eighteen

Speak Without Words

A/n: This a double update chapter. Pls read the previously chapter first. Thanks


 

Luhan groans as he open his eyes, only to close them again when the lights burned his sight. Trying again, Luhan gently and slowly opens his eyes, scanning the area before turning his head when he felt a soft, warm breath hits his face. His lips then curls into a small smile when he saw Sehun still in deep sleep beside him. The teen looked very beautiful and peaceful as the evening moonlight shine on him.

Just like an angel. He thought.

He then raise his hand and carefully starts caressing Sehun’s cheek gently. The teen stirred a little, but there was no any indication that Sehun is waking up from his sleep. He slowly leaned in and Sehun’s warm breath hits his face. However, before he could kiss those red lips, the door suddenly barged open.

Turns out it was Kris. His expression immediately changed upon seeing Luhan inside the room.

“What the hell you doing at here!? And what are you planning to do with my brother?” Kris growled as he take large strides with his fist clenched in anger.

Because of his loud, deep voice, it woke Sehun up from his sleep. His cheeks turns pink when he saw he and Luhan was too close for his comfort. He quickly distance himself from Luhan.

Luhan scoffs because of Sehun’s action. How dare this tall man disturb him when he was about to steal a kiss from Sehun and making him lose that warmness of another body?

“Are you deaf? I was asking you a question.”

“No, I’m not deaf. I did heard you.” Luhan then gets up from the bed and dusts off his pants, “I come here to pay Sehun a visit since he was sick.”

“How did you know he was sick?” Kris then turned to face Sehun, “Were you the one to tell him?”

Sehun then grips his blanket tightly because of his Ge’s loud voice and angry expression.

“Hey! Don’t you ever dare blame Sehun.” Luhan quickly said after he saw Sehun’s scared reaction. “He didn’t told me anything. I went to his school to pay him a visit and one of his classmates was the one who tell me that he was on sick leave.” Luhan lied. He can’t let Kris know that he had ordered someone to watch Sehun.

Seeing that his younger brother tremble, he gestured the man to follow him, “You come with me. I need to have a private talk with you.”

“Fine.”

Luhan was about to follow Kris, but Sehun stopped him by tugging his shirt. He offers a smile to Sehun as he pries Sehun’s hand gently from his shirt.

“Don’t worry, Sehunnie. I promise nothing bad will happen between your brother and I.” Luhan assured while patting Sehun’s hand gently.

Kris clicked his tongue upon seeing Luhan’s gestures towards his younger brother. Call him overprotective or whatsoever, but he didn’t like the way Luhan treat his younger brother. He didn’t want Sehun to fall into one of Luhan’s charm.

“Stop wasting my time and come with me now!” He repeats his instructions again, this time with much stricter tone.

Kris then walked out from Sehun’s room. Luhan smiled reassuringly at Sehun again before he also walks out from Sehun’s room. He then follows Kris toward his study room.

“Close the door. I don’t want anyone to listen to our conversation.”

“Are you scared that your mother will heard us? I thought she didn’t care about your younger brother.” Luhan sarcastically said. Still, he close the door behind him.

Kris stared at Luhan in disbelief, “H-how did you know about that? Did Sehun…”

“No, he didn’t told me anything.” Luhan quickly cut off Kris’s sentence. He didn’t want Kris to be mad at Sehun again. “I’m very sharp in these kind of things. I had been here for hours and your mother is at home, yet she never once come to see your brother. Not only that, maids were the one who been take care of Sehun. Doesn’t she felt worried that one of his son is sick? That made me realize that she wasn’t care enough about Sehun. Was it because of his disability?”

Kris huff as he folded his arms across his chest.

“She wasn’t the only one. In this house, only I care about Sehun’s well being.”

“Don’t tell me that your father too…” Luhan couldn’t help let a small groan as he clenched his fist in anger. How dare Sehun’s parents treat him like this? What had ever Sehun done to them? So what if Sehun is mute? He is still one of their son.

“Now, you know why I’m very protective of him which is the reason why I call you here. I’m going to repeat this again, I want you to stay away from Sehun. I heard lot of rumors about you especially on how you change your partners like clothes. Sehun had suffered a lot in his whole life because my parents’ ill treatment towards him and I don’t want that because of you, he gets hurt again. Just go find someone else to play with.”

Luhan scoffed upon hearing Kris’s warning. He did understand Kris’s reasoning, but that doesn’t meant he is going to obey Kris’s instruction and stay away from Sehun.

“I think it is about time for you to share the burden of taking care of Sehun with someone and I’m willing to share that burden with you.”

Kris furrows his eyebrows, “What do you meant by that?”

“Whether you like it or not, I’m going to be in Sehun’s life. You should feel grateful that you’re Sehun’s older brother. If not, I’d have to teach you a lesson for disrespecting me.”

“Are you trying to blackmailing me right now?”

Luhan’s lips then curled into mischievous smirk, “Maybe or maybe not.”

Luhan then walked out from the room without even waiting for Kris to finish his words. He went back to Sehun’s room. His lips quickly formed into smile when he saw Sehun’s eyes lit up a little after he step inside into the room.

“Sehunnie, don’t worry. Your brother and I were just talking. As usual, he asked me to stay away from you, but just like I told you before I can’t do that especially now that I know about your parents.”

Sehun’s eyes widened in shock.

“I promise that I’ll not hurt your parents. I’m glad that I know the truth because it even gave me more reasons to pamper you, princess.” Luhan teased. He lets out a small chuckle when he saw the blush on Sehun’s cheek.

“I would like to stay longer but it is getting late and I’m still a bit tired because of the jet lag. I’ll come to visit you again tomorrow.”

Sehun wants to tell Luhan that he doesn’t have to come tomorrow and that he feels much better than this morning, but he wasn’t able to voice it out. His eyes widened again when Luhan suddenly kisses his forehead.

Again, blush appears on his cheek because of the elder’s action.

He then glared at Luhan when he heard a small laugh coming out from the elder’s mouth.

He huffs as he watches Luhan walk out from his room. Minutes later, his brother come back inside his room with displeasure written all over on his face. It is very clear that he’s still angry because of Luhan.

“That man...Urgh! You’re still unwell, Hun. We’ll talk about this after you’re well enough. Go back to rest. I’ll ask the maid to bring your dinner later.”

Sehun released his breath that he didn’t realize that he’s been holding. He knows that he shouldn’t feel relieved, because knowing his brother, he wouldn’t let go of this matter easily. At least for the time being, he doesn’t have to face the matter regarding about his feelings and his relationship with Luhan.

 


 

Luhan enters his office. He should immediately head home since he was still tired, but he still need to settle some of his paperworks before going back home and get the rest that he much needed.

He then headed towards his desk and sit down on the leather chair. Before he can turn on his computer, Suho suddenly steps inside the office without even knocking the door first.

“So Xiumin-hyung was telling the truth when he said you had abandoned him at Japan and leave him to deal with Song’s daughter.” Suho said before he sit down on the chair in front the desk

“Don’t you know how to knock?” Luhan spats back. His displeasure clearly written all over his face.

“I thought you want to hear this good news.”

“What is it?”

“Well, Xiumin-hyung managed to convince Song’s daughter to sign the agreement with us. After this, we’ll be their only sole supplier. Is that a good news?”

“Great to hear that. I know that Xiumin can do it without my help.” Luhan replies coldly.

“Hyung, what is wrong with you? You looked so tense. And also why did you suddenly come back here?”

“Sehun is having fever. I came back because of him.”

Suho raises his eyebrows, “Oh?”

“I just came back from his house. I bump into his brother and we had a bit of argument about my relationship with Sehun. That jerk…” Luhan slammed his desk, “How dare him disrespect me? He thinks he can order me, Luhan, the leader of one the biggest mafia in China around? Maybe I should teach him a little lesson so that he finally knows who really I am.”

“I wouldn't allow that.” Suho suddenly said as he gritted his teeth.

“What am I going to do with that jerk isn’t your business. We’re just business partner, that’s all.”

“Don’t call him jerk. He is going to become my spouse in future. Of course I’ll not let you harm him.” Suho replies. He didn’t care that he may be going to lose his life for talking back to Luhan. He’ll do anything to protect the love of his life.

“What?” Luhan asks as he stared at Suho in disbelief.

“Look, I know that Kris Wu can be very rude. I experienced that first hand. But you must understand why he was being protective towards Sehun. I’d do the same too if someone who had bad reputation court Jongin. Also, I already made a promise with you that I’ll deal with him. So just leave Kris Wu in my hand.”

“Fine. You better deal with him fast. You know that I’m not very patience man.”

“You aren’t the only one, hyung. I had run out my patience too. It is about for me to make Kris Wu mine.” Suho’s lips curled into a smirk as he thinks about his plan to deal with the love of his life who is quite stubborn man, but that’s one of the reason why he’s attracted toward Kris.

“I’ll not going to interfere whatever you’re going to do with Kris Wu. Just don’t do too much damaged to him. I don’t want make Sehun sad.”

A small laughter then come out from Suho’s lips.

“I already told you that I’m going to marry him in near future. What do you think that I’m going to do with him?”

“Just I said, I don’t care. Get out from my office now if you don’t have anything more to say.”

Suho raises his hand in a surrendering manner as he get up from the chair, “Fine. I’ll leave now. What about you?”

“I still need to settle some paperworks before going home.”

“Don’t overworked yourself, hyung. Everyone will worry about you especially Wu Sehun if you get sick.”

“I know that. These paperworks wouldn’t take me that long time to finish it.”

Suho turns the knob. He turns to face Luhan again when he remembers something, “And one more thing, Xiumin-hyung sounded very angry on the phone just now. You better prepare yourself tomorrow.”

Luhan scoffed upon hearing that as he watched Suho walk out from his office. Knowing Xiumin for very long time, the only thing that he get from his best friend is non-stop nagging. Thus, why he should be scared of him?