Five

Speak Without Words

I'm very sorry for taking so long to update. I was waiting for my old beta to beta read this chapter, but it had been a month and I didn't get any news from her. I decided that I can't wait for her any longer and post this chapter.

 


 

Sehuns eyes widened as his hands gripped the seat belt tightly, all while at the same time his heart began beating rapidly like a drum as Luhan casually sped over 120mph. He bit down hard on his lower lip as his eyes darted from side to side. The frightened male expected to hear police sirens trailing behind them.

“Relax, babe.” Luhan said before he cut in front of the small truck that was now behind them.

Sehun sent deadly glares towards Luhan while wondering to himself what had he gotten himself into. He almost jumped out from his seat when Luhan suddenly took a  360 swerve,  causing the tires to make a screeching sound before halting to a stop in front of building.

“Come on Sehunnie,” Luhan said as he got out from the car.

Sehuns hand were trembling uncontrollably as he reached for the door handle. He stumbled out from car. The trembling male was practically hyperventilating while Luhan stood beside the car as composed as ever.

He placed his hand over his thumping chest, fearing that his heart would burst out from his rib cage and land on the ground at any moment.

That was the most insane car ride that he had ever been on! For a moment there, he was so scared that he wasn't going to be able to see his brother or Jongin again. And yet at the same time it was strangly...very thrilling.

He then noticed that the building they stopped at was a diner. It was small and a bit shabby. The diner had a sign which read, "Lay’s Diner" which caused him to scrunch his eyebrows at that,making him look quite suspicious of the place.

Luhan seemed to notice the latters expression, saying, “This diner provides the best food. I’m starving. How about you?”

Before Sehun could answer, his stomach let out a loud grumbling sound causing Sehun to blush in embarrassment. He then scowled mentally at himself. Luhan had caused him to blush more than he had done alone in his entire life.

Luhan let out a small chuckle, “I guess that answers my question,” he then headed towards the entrance with Sehun trailing behind him.

The smell of food hit Sehuns nose almost immediately when they entered. Which again caused his stomach to grumble even louder, and his mouth to water. The diner had homey feel to it. Soft music played from the old looking jukebox, and comfy seats and tables decorated the diner.

Sehun decided the he likes this diner.

Luhan then led Sehun to the back of the booth, slightly taking him away from the public eye. Sehun was aware of the eyes that were watching them like hawk eyes, which made him a bit uncomfortable even though Luhan still remained calm.

It was like a movie scene, because the moment they sat down, the conversations carried on like nothing ever happened. The only thing that was different was that the three waitresses that had previously been attending the customers, instantly scrambled over. They were practically tripping over themselves to reach their table. The customers that they neglected didn’t seem to be bothered by this and carried on like this happened almost every day.

Sehun would have found this hilarious if his brain wasn't occupied with questions such as: Who is Luhan? Why does everyone seem to know him?

“Can I get you something, Mr. Lu?” The first waitress that reached their table asked. There was a small blush creeping up on her cheek ,while her fingers were fidgeting with the small note pad she carried.

“No. Mr. Lu, can I get you anything?” was what the second waitress who elbowed the first one away said. 

This was followed by few more pushing and cutting in, asking the same question while some customers had stopped what they doing just to watch the drama that was going on.

“Enough!” A loud booming voice yelled.

The three waitresses froze in their tracks when a tall, blonde haired man who was wearing a leopard coat and tight leather pants marched towards them. The three waitresses quickly straightened up in horizontal line when the blonde haired man stood in front of them while glaring at each of them.

“Don’t the three of you have any shame? Fighting in front of the customer because of a man!” The blonde angrily questioned, placing both of his hands on his hip.

“We’re sorry boss.”

“Scram now before I fire you all!”

“Yes…”

The three waitresses quickly went to serve the other tables. The blonde haired man then headed to Luhan and Sehun’s table. He slammed his fist down on their table making Sehun jump in shock.

“Didn’t I asked you to stop coming here? Your presence makes my waitresses unable to focus on their jobs.” The blonde said. He then turned to glare at the waitress who gulped before she quickly turned her eyes away.

“Oh, come on, Taozi. You know that I can’t survive without your diner’s food. And you know very well that your husband will worry about me if he doesn’t see me once a week.”

The blonde huffed, but said nothing to dispute the claim. His eyes settled on Sehun who was watching the conversation with interest. He raised one of his eyebrows,

“Who is this kid?”

Sehun scowled at the comment. Why are all of them referring to him as a kid? For god sake, he's almost eighteen years old!

“Wu Sehun,” Luhan caught the blondes questioning look and added, “He’s mute.”

The blondes eyebrows raised higher, but he said nothing about it. Sehun released the breath that he himself hadn't realized he'd been holding in.

“So what do you want to eat?”

“I’ll have the usual.” Luhan replied, he then turned to Sehun, “What do you want to eat?”

Sehun pulled out the pad and pen from his pocket, scribbling quickly.

You order. I've never been here before.

Luhan nodded, “He’ll have the sweet sour pork rice, and two cokes for us.”

“Sure, I’ll ask one of my employees to serve you the food.”

There were noises coming out from behind him as the waitresses bickered at each other.

The blondes eyebrow twitched, irritation clearly evident on his face.

“Maybe it is about time that I should change my employees since it is very clear that they don’t know how to do their jobs!” The blonde said with each word getting louder purposely so that the words were high enough for his employees to be able to hear it. They immediately lowered their heads down in embarrassment at the comment.

Tao sighed, massaging his temples and walking away while muttering to himself why he had to face this kind situation almost everyday.

“That’s Huang Zitao” Luhan introduced, “He and his husband own this place. His husband, Zhang Yixing is a childhood friend of mine and the three of us had studied in the same high school.”

Well, that explains the air of familiarity the blonde man had with Luhan. Sehun thought

“So are you going to start questioning me or keep quiet?”

Sehun stared at Luhan questioningly, and Luhan smirked, “You’re curious, aren’t you? I can tell, you have lot of questions to ask, but you're holding back.”

Sehun bit his lips while contemplating whether he should ask the questions that have been bothering him.

A finger reached over across the table and pressed against his mouth causing Sehun to stiffen. The finger slowly ran down his lips, releasing the pink lips from their abuser teeth   before trailing down his chin.

“Don’t do that if you don’t want to get jumped,” Luhan casually said, pulling his hand away.

It took almost three minutes for Sehun to get his breathing under control. And just when he thought that he was calm enough, the door of the kitchen slammed open, a waitress walked out from the kitchen, followed by few curses.

“Here are your drinks, Mr. Lu.” The waitress placed the glasses on each side of the table, not even bothering to glance at Sehun.

“Is there anything else I can do for you, Mr. Lu?” she batted her lashes suggestively. Never once did Luhan look up at her, his gaze fixed firmly at the teenager sitting in front him.

“No,” Luhan said with a flat, monotone reply making the womans expression to instantly change into disappointment, “But, Mr. Lu. I can satis…”

“Leave,” Luhan sighed. The woman was close to tears, but her heels and did as she was ordered. Not once during the exchange did Luhan take his eyes off Sehun.

Luhan took a sip from his beverage then leaned in on the chair.

Sehun turned his gaze away and reached for the pad before writing,

Who are you?

Luhan raised his eyebrows in surprise, “Luhan, we had an introduction this morning.”

Sehun shook his head and glared at him. He had a feeling that this man knew fully well what he was asking about. He scribbled,

I mean, why did those women act like…

He completed his question by hinting toward the waitress who had been staring longingly at Luhan.

Luhan shrugged, “Who knows? Everyone wants something; whether it is money or .”

Did you even finish school?

Luhan laughed at the the question, and Sehun started liking the sound of it.

“I assure you that I had graduated long ago.”

Sehun sipped his drink, You say everyone want something from you. Why is that? What do you do? 

That’s the answer Sehun wanted to know although, a part of him wasn't so sure that he is ready to know.

“If I tell you, I'd have to kill you.” Luhan said with serious expression. Sehun felt all the color drain from his face.

Luhan just stared at him, the air growing thicker and thicker. Suddenly, Luhan let out a small chuckle.

“Breath, baobei. It's good for you.” Luhan said, “I’m not going to kill you. It wouldn’t be fun for me if I did.”

Sehun waited for the laugh that should followed the last statement... but it didn’t. Luhan was being serious. He didn’t know whether he should be thankful or run out from there. He doubted the latter will do any good. After all, if Luhan managed to find him, there’s nothing going to stop him from tracking him down again.

“What I do isn’t definite,” Luhan’s voice spoke out, breaking his thought realizing that Luhan is answering his previous question.

“Let’s just say that I make things happen and run a couple of small businesses.”

 Make things happen?

“Own a few warehouses. Got eyes everywhere in this country and beyond. I also import and export weaponry and other goods to a few countries such as Korea and Japan.”

It was unfortunate for Sehun because he was drinking his coke and it made him choke easily at what the latter said.

“Are you okay?” Luhan handed a napkin to Sehun.

Sehun nodded, wiping his mouth and the few drops of coke that had splattered on the table.

He quickly snatched the pad and began writing frantically.

Isn’t that illegal?

Luhan’s lips curled into smirk, “So? The police won't be able to do anything about it.”

Sehun stared at Luhan giving him disbelieving look. He couldn’t believe that Luhan had practically admitted that he was doing criminal activities!

 What are the small businesses you own? Sehun asked few minutes later.

“Just a club at downtown.”

Club? You mean Exodus.

Luhan hummed in response.

Sehun stared at him in confusion, But, I’m seventeen and you don’t look much older than me. How do you able to own business?

Luhan chuckled, “Thank you for your compliment, baobei, but I’m going to reach twenty-four soon.”

What? He is one year older than gege!? But, he didn’t look like it.

Before Sehun can ask anymore questions, a waiter brought them their food. He was different from his colleagues as he didn’t try to seduce Luhan. Still, he was casting a longing look at Luhan before going back to kitchen.

Sehun dug in his meal, eyes pleasantly wide at the explosion of taste in his mouth.

Luhan’s lips twitched at his expression, “Best food ever, right?”

Sehun quickly nodded before continuing to eat.

From there, their conversation were dull. They conversed about irrelevant things such as favorite colours, types of music, etc. and Sehun found himself becoming relaxed more and more.
 



 
The sky was getting dark when the black car pulled into driveway of the Wu estate. Sehun knew that no one was at home besides one or two maids. His parents had gone to overseas because of work while his older brother would be late tonight, since he had to attend one of his client’s party. He glanced at Luhan who was staring at him.

Being alone isn’t a problem for Sehun since he was quite used to it, but after spending three hours with Luhan, the thought of going into the empty house suddenly became so unappealing.

He reached for the pad and pen in his pocket and wrote.

Thank you for today. I had fun.

Luhan said nothing, he just stared at Sehun intensely.

Within a second,  firm lips were meeting his. Sehun gasped and his eyes widened as Luhan kissed him. Luhan took the chance and shoved his tongue into Sehun’s hot cavern.

Sehun knew that he should have pushed Luhan away because this guy practically just stole his first kiss, and this isn’t what he imagine his first kiss would be like at all. Yet, he didn’t do anything. He just sat there, letting Luhan continue exploring his mouth.

Luhan then pulled away. He sat back, eyes darkened, a small smirk playing on his lips.

“You’re welcome, Sehunnie.”

Sehun fumbled for the door handle and he quickly got out from the car. He was about to run inside his house when Luhan lowered down the window.

“I was right the first time. I do like you, Wu Sehun. You have my interest. Lets see if you can keep it.”

And with that, Luhan sped off, leaving Sehun standing there dumbfounded.

 


Luhan, you sly dog. How could you steal Hunnie's first kiss like that? Comments. ^^

Beta read on 09/08/2016