Sixteen

Speak Without Words

 

The moment Sehun woke up from his sleep, he knows that he had fallen sick. His head was dizzy, his throat was itched and he even feel cold although there was thick blanket cover his body and the heater had been turned up to the maximum.

It looks like that his bad luck had followed him since yesterday to this morning. He had to stay back yesterday to perfect his dance moves while Jongin wasn’t able to accompany him because of family matters. Then, his driver’s car broken down and it will be at least three hours to fix it before his driver can come to pick him up.

He was too tired because of his dance practice, thus, he didn’t want to wait three hours to get home. Since the bus stop was only few metres away from his school, he decided to take the bus.

However, the rain suddenly pour down heavily on his way to the bus stop. He’s left with no choice but to run under rain to bus stop and that was by far is one of worse and the stupider decision that he had ever made.

A knocking sound making him snapped out from his trance. Kris stepped inside into the room. His expression changed the moment he lays his eyes on his younger brother’s pale face and the sweats all over his face. He then headed toward Sehun’s bed and sits down on the bed. He touched Sehun’s forehead and frowns after he realize how hot the teen’s forehead was.

“Hun-ah, you’re having a high fever. No wonder you didn’t come down for the breakfast. I’ll go call our doctor now.” Kris said as he gets up from the bed.

And that was the last thing that Sehun remember before he suddenly out.

 


Sehun’s eyes slowly opened and he can saw that his brother was standing beside on his bed as he gives instructions to their maid. He tugged Kris’s pants to gain his attention which works because Kris stops talking and turns to face him. His stern expression immediately changed.

“You’re finally awake. Doctor Yong had checked up on you. You indeed have high fever. He had a gave few prescriptions for your fever and told me that you need to rest for a few days until the fever come down. I already informed Jongin and your school that you’re taking a sick leave.”

Sehun could only nod his head since he didn’t even have the energy to lift up his arms, leaving him no energy to signed back to his brother.

Kris runs his finger at his brother’s blonde hair, “I need to leave now. I have a meeting with a client later on. I’ve had instructed this maid to take care of you.”

Sehun gives a pleading look at his brother that he needs Kris to stay to take care of him instead of the maid. Kris let out a small sigh upon seeing that. To be frank, he didn’t have the heart to leave his sick brother, but what choice do he has? He needs to settle this important deal with this client as part of deal with his father who allows him to take leave next month.

“I’m sorry, Hun-ah. I can’t stay. This is a very important deal. I promise that I’ll come home earlier today, okay?”

Sehun nodded his head again. He was disappointed that his brother wasn’t able to stay, but he understands that his brother had important work to do.

“Thank you, Hun-ah.” Kris kissed Sehun’s forehead. He then turned to face the maid, “Take care of young master properly. If anything happens to him, you can kiss goodbye to your job.”

“Y-yes… Master Kris.” The maid stuttered. Everyone in this household knows very well how hot tempered Kris is, thus no one dare to accidentally offend him because they still cherish their job.

“Good. I’ll take my leave now.”

Kris was walking out from Sehun’s room when he bumped into his mother.

“What are you doing at here?” Kris rudely asked. He had lost respect towards his parents long ago.

“I-I saw Doctor Yong enter Sehun’s room. Is he sick?”

“Yes, he is. He is having high fever. Do you want to go in?”

“There is no need for that. Doctor Yong is already check up on him, meaning he should be fine by now. Also there is maid take care of him.”

Kris scoffed, “Really? I just told you that your son is sick. Is that the only answer that you can give to me?”

“I…”

“Whatever. I’m only wasting my energy to argue with you. You and father aren’t going to change anyway.”

Kris quickly walk away from there, leaving his dumbfounded mother behind. Both of them didn’t know that every bit of their conversation was heard by Sehun who was trying to withhold his tears from coming down because he doesn’t want to look weak in front of their maid.

 


Once again, Jongin was asked to bring all the homeworks to the teacher’s office and being the shy boy he was, he didn’t know how to reject it although he didn’t want to walk out from his classroom alone today. His instinct keeps on screaming trouble at him because he’ll become an easy target for the bully.

He looked around the school and saw that there was no one since most of the students are inside the classroom right now, but it doesn’t mean that he should let his guard down. The bullys usually hide themselves as they waited for their perfect victim. He was walking past the washroom when someone suddenly grabbed his arm dragged him inside, making all the textbooks fall down the floor.

He yelped when the person who dragged him pushed into the wall. He looked up and gulped when he saw his three ‘favourite’ bullies standing in front of him. The clicking sound of door lock making his face drained of its colour because it lesser his chance to escape.

“We’ve been waiting for you for almost an hour now. Waiting for the moment that you’ll be entering this washroom or passing by here. The three of us was in the bad mood today. We’re looking for  punching bag and we heard that the mute boy isn’t coming today.” Their leader said who was tall, bulky man with few buttons of his uniform shirt open.

The sweat keep sliding down from Jongin’s forehead. He is very scared right now and he is too weak to fight the three of them. He wanted to scream for help, but somehow his voice betray him because none of  his voice were able to come out from his mouth.

“Today it is just your bad luck, Kim.” The leader said as he raised his fist.

Jongin closed his eyes as he waited for impending punch.

“Stop it right now.”

His eyes snapped open and his jaw almost drop to the ground when he saw D.O leans against one of the stall door.

“Who the are you? How did you get in here?”

“I had been inside this stall since this morning to take a nap.” D.O replied as he pointed the stall behind him, “Thanks to your loud voice, it wake me up from my sleep.”

“If that was the case, leave now! Or you’re going to get it too.” One of them threatened ti which only made D.O laugh and smirk.

“I’m not going to leave without that boy.”

“Fine, you asked for it! Guys, let’s teach this shorty a lesson that he wouldn’t forget for interrupting us.”

D.O lets out a sinister laugh making the hairs on the back of Jongin stand up and at the very moment, Jongin’s instincts told him that instead of being afraid of his bullies, he should be fearing of this petite man.

“Come and get me then.” D.O taunted.

“Let see if you’ll be still be arrogant after this!”

Jongin closed his eyes again when the leader raised his fist to punch D.O. Then, he heard screams coming from the leader and follow by two of his goons.

“Nini, you can open your eyes now. Everything is okay now.”

Jongin open his eyes slowly. The first thing that he saw was D.O smiling at him and he couldn’t stop from thinking that D.O has such a beautiful smile.

“Let us leave now.”

D.O then grabs Jongin’s hand. He drags Jongin towards the door while Jongin gulps a little when he saw the three of his bullies lay down on the floor while groaning in pain. His instinct was screaming at him that he should have stayed away from D.O, but he still let the short man to drag him out from the washroom.

 


D.O opened the water bottle before he hands it to the teen beside him. Jongin thanked him as he take the water bottle from his hand.

“Are you okay? Do you need to go the infirmary?” D.O asked after seeing Jongin’s pale face. He still can remembered that Jongin had panic attack when they met for the second time.

“I-I’m fine. T-they didn’t… managed to hit m-me.” Jongin replied before he drinks the water bottle in his hand.

“I’m glad to hear that. You don’t have to worry about them anymore. I’ve had warned them that they can’t ever lay their dirty hands on you again.” D.O assured, as if the threat he has done to the three isn’t something to be afraid of.

“Erm… t-thank you for s-saving me b-back there. I-I wouldn’t be able to walk out th-there uninjured if it was because… of you saving… me. Al-although I-I was wondering, w-why did you save me?”

“How could I let them punch this beautiful face of yours?” D.O replies as he intensely stares at the teen in front of him making Jongin quickly avert his eyes.

“I-I...wh-what? I’m... not beautiful...” Jongin mumbled shyly.

“I was telling the truth. You’re indeed beautiful.” D.O shrugged. “And there is also another reason why I have to save you. Because you’re Suho-hyung’s cousin. If I just stand there watching and let those three students punch you, Suho-hyung will have my head.” D.O explained further.

“O-ohh…I see” Jongin could only stare at his lap as he tries to process everything that D.O said.

“Oh, where is your best friend, Sehun? I didn’t saw him today and he’s usually stuck like a glue with you.”

A green monster suddenly possessed Jongin, “He is having high fever, thus, he is on sick leave for few days. Why do you want to know anyway? You should know by now that your boss had taken a liking on him.”

D.O’s lips curls into smirk, obviously detecting the jealousy underneath Jongin’s tone. Not only that, the teen managed to talk in full sentence without stuttering.

“Are you jealous, Nini? I assure you that I have no feelings toward Wu Sehun. The only reason why I was asking because Luhan-hyung had asked me to watch his every move.”

“I-I wasn’t jealous.” Jongin quickly denied as blush slowly creeps up onto his cheeks.

“Really? Because you sounded like a jealous boyfriend minute ago.” D.O continues to tease Jongin because of the reactions given by the younger that is very cute and entertaining.

Jongin stands up from the bench. He couldn’t stay there any longer and let D.O continue on teasing him.

“I-I need t-to go to class now. T-thanks for everything.”

D.O chuckles as he watch Jongin run off from the garden. Jongin’s indeed very cute and his types were always have been the cute and beautiful young boys. He was a bit reluctant to take this babysitting job at first, but now, he is thankful to Luhan for choosing him because it allowed him to get to know Jongin better.

Talking about Luhan, he should told him about Sehun’s condition. He took out his phone and sends a short message to Luhan. He then walks out from the garden while humming.

 


Luhan takes out his phone and he frowns when there was no reply from Sehun. He understands that Sehun is it the class right now, but why he couldn’t send a short message to reply him? Rather than making him waited for whole day for his reply.

“Mr. Lu, do you have something to do tonight?” The woman who was sitting beside him asked. She’s been shamelessly rubbing his thighs while batting her eyelashes seductively.

He glared murderously at the woman making the woman quickly back off from him. He’s not in the mood to entertain this woman right now. He didn’t care if she is his customer’s daughter and also the one who made decision to sign business deal with them today. What’s taking Xiumin so long inside the washroom?!

The ringing tone of coming from his phone makes his anger calm down a little. He hoped this message is coming from Sehun, if not, don’t blame him if something happens in this restaurant.

From: D.O

Your boyfriend is having a high fever.

Luhan’s expression immediately changed upon reading the message. He abruptly stands up from the chair making the woman jumped in shock. He quickly grabs his coat and runs towards the entrance.

Xiumin who just come out from the washroom could only watch Luhan runs out from the restaurant as he wondered what has happened while he was gone to the washroom.